YesNoOk

Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers  (Read 28931 times)

Started by SNT, June 14, 2013, 06:01:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: Re: gaming news that don&amp
#41  June 28, 2013, 05:54:51 pm
  • SNK is life
The hand texture is horrible ... but that's because it's too zoomed in. I bet it will look definitely better at the normal gameplay zoom, and the armors look amazing
#42  June 28, 2013, 05:57:44 pm
Yeah, they're not gonna model fingers as round as Lara's boobs in the TR reboot :P It'll definitely look normal from a normal distance. The cel-shading is great and fits very well.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#43  July 04, 2013, 09:15:12 pm
Re: Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers
I'm reading just about everywhere that it's being shown at Japan Expo in Paris right now (I'll look into it this week-end), and that it was confirmed that it would only cover the Sanctuary, Poseidon and Hades arcs. So what about Tenma and Kouga showing up, where did that come from and does it still fit ?
Also the collector edition will have a Seiya figure, the Myth Cloth EX - new Bronze Cloth, original color edition. Yeah okay. Already got the regular colors so whatever.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#44  July 05, 2013, 03:53:04 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Re: Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers
I'm reading just about everywhere that it's being shown at Japan Expo in Paris right now (I'll look into it this week-end), and that it was confirmed that it would only cover the Sanctuary, Poseidon and Hades arcs. So what about Tenma and Kouga showing up, where did that come from and does it still fit ?
Also the collector edition will have a Seiya figure, the Myth Cloth EX - new Bronze Cloth, original color edition. Yeah okay. Already got the regular colors so whatever.
also a rumor of 15 unlockable characters when playing the story mode, heard this from the saint seiya ice planet forum.

"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#45  July 06, 2013, 08:16:45 pm
Some reporting on Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers, with a playable demo (5 Bronze Saints and evil Saga)
Sanctuary Battle copy-paste (altered rendering/visuals but same models and exact same animations and combos) with Naruto-type camera and some enhanced movement options that make it look a lot like Naruto (enhanced dashing options, "Bunshin no jutsu" escape)
The select screen's 6 choices already take up quite some space on the screen, so I'm not sure there will be a lot of characters, unless they either scale the slots down a lot or do a rotating wheel (like Kamen Rider Super Climax Heroes)
French translation of the "how to play" screen is retarded, I had no idea what some of the stuff were supposed to actually be / do
Light attack (mash for combo), heavy attack, special attack (not sure if inputting a direction gives a different special),
New special moves not in Sanctuary Battle (Hyoga has a move where he freezes your feet and then does his Kholodnyi Smerch - just a bigass uppercut, Ikki has a charge up > short dash straight flaming punch)
Like Sanctuary Battle (and the Dragon Ball games and probably the Naruto games which I've never played), throwing Heavy attacks in the middle of light combos give varied combinations. Nothing really new, but it does make up most of the variety of attacks in a fight. It does have some nice moves.
I saw some decent combo > launcher > pursuit jump > air combo action in there
Shun is godmod long range impossible to get close to, and with the ability to pretty much do Naruto's "Bunshin no jutsu" escape from attacks and combos (reappearing behind the opponent), if you do reach him, he'll get the fuck out in a blink. Seiya having only his Suiseiken at long range is pretty much shit against him (his Ryuseiken is short and easy to escape).
Under the name on the VS screen, it tells you which armor you're using, so there will definitely be the same kind of alternate costumes as Sanctuary Battle (it'd be a shame if it wasn't there)
Fucking huge loading time on the VS screen
Saw a bug where the flaming phoenix on the ground in Ikki's special got stuck for the rest of the match, half popping out of the ground

Pretty cool, although some dumb noobs were just standing there and doing nothing but charge cosmo bar > super special > miss it > eat a light attack mash combo (just one) > get kicked away from it > repeat (both were doing that, alternatively miss and eat light combo). It seems that there's a possibility for fights to go pretty fast with the options to quickly dash at the enemy, but the escape movements are too efficient, and it's easy to stay away to charge up and try the Big Bang super very quickly.
I have a couple of videos but they're not very interesting. I guess it's still good to see how it actually looks and move, so I'll see if I can upload them later.

Should probably make a topic for it by now, I suppose...
Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:23:02 pm by DKDC
#46  July 19, 2013, 09:59:39 pm
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/19/namco-releasing-saint-seiya-brave-soldiers-in-u-s-to-gauge-the-fanbase/
Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers in the US after all, to gauge interest - but download only. Okay. Hurry up with the character reveals already. Last time supposedly there was a word about 50 characters, that would be well enough to cover several eras, including Asgard and some from Omega. It could even introduce the new female Pegasus Equuleus from the manga that's supposed to start before the end of the year (if Kouga and Tenma are still in, what's one more Pegasus...)
Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 02:54:51 am by DKDC
#47  July 19, 2013, 10:02:38 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
#48  July 20, 2013, 08:25:10 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The Twelve Golden Saints Confirmed, Shion of Aries and V1 clothes I guess for all 5 main characters...
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#49  July 20, 2013, 02:51:48 pm
Twelve Gold Saints
... Okay, fair enough.
Aries Shion's pic says "product code" coming with the first print (can't read much more than that). ... I wonder if they'll give Shura his manga helmet, it's so much better. Or maybe they'll give the Surplice as alt to the ones that have it...
V1 Bronze Cloth
... Of course. We almost made it without those.
Thanks for the scan.
Oh, BTW Play-Asia's description mentions a Chronicle mode with cinematics and all for all arcs, and a Galaxian Wars mode for regular battles.
#50  July 29, 2013, 06:58:21 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#51  July 29, 2013, 01:47:20 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusUwbql6SU
They're calling the pope Arles :blank: It does bring up the "strongest Saints of the past" at the end, and 50 characters. We haven't seen anything worthwhile from Next Dimension, and Lost Canvas is all clones of the original ones in both designs and techniques (there's Yuzuriha and Kagaho, Regulus is all over the place, and at most Yato, who can be used) so I'm really curious what they'll do about that. I wonder if we'll see Sho from the brand new "girl power" spin-off next month...
Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:00:15 pm by DKDC
#52  July 29, 2013, 02:12:14 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Sho from Saint Seiya - Saintia? It could be a possibility, otherwise it'll be difficult to fill those 50 spots.
Next Dimension has some interesting stuff (Last time I checked, they were making Shaina a golden saint), then from the manga/anime we could have a bunch of Silver saints, maybe the filler black saints, steel saints...ghost/phantom saints...
Thankfully that also quite possibly confirms the god warriors from the Asgard arc, maybe all those enemies from the movies (Crimson youth, etc... all the way to Ouverture - Tenkai hen?)

...And uh, I guess they'll still try to force Omega down people's throats so....
#53  July 29, 2013, 05:37:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oh yeah, the new saint seiya with a female mc, that and the special treatment the female character in omega gets as well as the female saint in that one make the guesses about saint seiya wanting to get get a female demographic ( girls who already outgrew pretty cure, most likely) seem true.
#54  July 29, 2013, 05:39:46 pm
Yeah, there's the game trying to see if the US is interested, the "all girls" version, the kid edition (Omega) (it's getting worse), it's expanding everywhere it can, it seems.
#55  August 20, 2013, 09:39:18 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
The Seven Sea Generals confirmed for Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers:

yes... the ones with the Doritos Armor
Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:43:43 pm by Lord Kain
#56  August 20, 2013, 10:23:59 pm
The Seven Sea Generals confirmed for Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers:
Happy to see Isaac. Hopefully, Aquarius Hyoga and Libra Shiryu aren't separate characters but alternate costumes, unlike Sagittarius Seiya they don't even have a new super... Well Shiryu can get the Hyakuryuu Ha... Damn it, they're gonna be separate characters. We know they'll have their Final Cloth (the trailer with Hades showed Seiya with it), they'll probably get the golden Bronze Clothes too.
Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 10:27:09 pm by DKDC
#57  August 20, 2013, 10:37:11 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
This is indeed a reason to buy the game, specially for Saint Seiya fans... even if they are not including the God Warriors, playing as the Seven Sea Generals is pretty much a big deal already
#58  August 23, 2013, 09:36:30 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:43:38 am by S.D.
#59  August 23, 2013, 09:54:27 am
Apparently he voiced him in the anime (I don't think I saw the Japanese dub myself)
#60  August 23, 2013, 10:04:38 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Huh, I saw someone else listed as his voice actor.
...Ah it seems like Noriko Uemura voiced his younger self? Uh, nevermind in that case (It's still weird seeing this mix of old and new voice actors)