YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 752162 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#681  November 16, 2018, 12:55:28 pm
  • I've finally got a yellow star!
    • UK
    • txpotstuff.wordpress.com/
I showed the chars to see if you could think to make a raichu and sandshrew in the future. Also It would be cool if you made a raichu and sandshrew with custom moves

In the case you're talking to me regarding the Pokemon you posted:

I'll only work on Raichu once I've done everything important in my backlog. He'll be the Alolan form because I don't approve of multiple single-typed electric Pokemon in general. At least he has a sprite sheet I can use to make the sprites, so he isn't impossible.

The backlog as it stands:

In the case that you meant everyone and not just TrinitroRoy, here are my plans:

*High Priority*
Goodra (Needs a ton of sprites)
Toxapex (Needs a ton of sprites)
Golurk (Needs a ton of sprites)
Torterra (20%, but needs a ton of sprites)

*Low Priority, may scrap altogether*
Aurorus
Buzzwole
Volcarona
Golisopod
Pyukumuku
Machamp
Chandelure

As you can see, I try to have a library of unique types of pokemon across the board. I even deviate a little from JoshR's spritework in the case of Ribombee/Toxapex because most of it is based on the portrait pictures.

I don't even know if confusion is in this game.

Neither Confusion, Infatuation, or Badly Poisoned exists. Infatuation is because genders don't exist in the game, Badly Poisoned is pointless since most fights seldom last two minutes, and they've been re-purposed in certain Pokemon as "poison that overrides current status" , and Confusion wasn't something I was going to add due to the nature of the game's fighting system.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#682  November 16, 2018, 06:20:31 pm
  • Shadow characters are too edgy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • USA
Fair enough, I just wanted to know if you would make one in general. Now that is a lot of pokemon, Well good luck.
#683  November 17, 2018, 06:29:30 pm
    • USA
Well um I have a problem. Minun Sometimes go's through the floor. Usally when someone attacks plusle, and in certain places of the stages. In depends, can you fix that plz
#684  November 18, 2018, 11:40:45 am
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Yea i'll get round to fixing it at some point,  but atm i've been sinking a lot of time into let's go eevee. Actually not a bad game.
#685  December 26, 2018, 10:18:34 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Ok so heres an update, i've had a lot of assignments and i've been playing smash and lets go a lot, which is why i have been inactive, but i've got a couple of things. Here is a patch to Plusle and Minun that hopefully stops Minun from falling through the floor (during my testing it didn't occur to me, but theres a chance it could happen)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dc5zaftaiawa6fq/PlusleMinun.zip

Sorry this took so long, hope y'all had a great christmas/whichever holiday you may celebrate though. I'll also get back to work at some point on MissingNo. and maybe Sharpdeo too, but for now i'm working on something which should be released very soon.

edit: it is done. As i mentioned, i've been playing lets go a lot, the eevee version specifically. Because eevee is precious and has a lot of variety as the partner form, I made a partner eevee character. Its pretty powerful when using status correctly, have fun, but note there may be bugs as this was thrown together in under a day.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c22r2920r7epnr2/PartnerEevee.zip
Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:44:12 am by poiuygfd
#686  January 07, 2019, 12:49:14 am
    • USA
Thanks man. It works fine now. Btw, Partner Eevee? I didn't expect another character already. I don't what to think of this moveset, Cause I play lets go Pikachu. But it's pretty good though. Hmm, maybe at some point Partner Pikachu will be a new char. Also everything is fine with Partner Eevee. Expect... THE POKEMON TRAINER IS EEVEE!!! The trainer Transforms to Eevee for a few seconds then is normal.
Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:09:14 am by Supremeboy74
#687  January 08, 2019, 02:56:07 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
Wow, I didn't even see that, mainly because I just used training for testing. Once I figure out the cause i'll fix it. Also, I'm not sure about doing Partner Pikachu because there is already a large amount of pure electric type Pokémon.
#688  January 10, 2019, 03:38:18 am
    • USA
There are a lot of electric type pokemon. So I see what your trying to say, (I would be nice for partner pika though) I can't wait for the fix. CAUSE I NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#689  January 18, 2019, 04:58:42 pm
  • SSBU Joker Main
    • UK
#690  January 19, 2019, 04:23:05 am
    • Barbados
Also, @Poiuygfd loving the new PartnerEevee, its pretty powerful (like the legendaies are easy for it, missingno and Pokemon are easy as well, only Manaphy gave it a challenge and then it died).... ive downloaded all your charcters which all have either come very good or are coming good, cant wait to see more
Also also, im gonna make a post and its the character slect including pokedex order and one with Poiuygfd pokemon in it
Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:58:36 pm by DimG
#691  January 19, 2019, 04:47:08 am
    • Barbados
#692  January 25, 2019, 03:35:30 am
    • USA
Thanks Poiuygfd. Eevee is now the only Eevee in the game. (Stupid Pokémon Trainer, YOUR NOT EEVEE!)Can't wait for another char. Remember, don't rush a char. If it is good,it works, and its special you can take as long as you like.
#693  January 26, 2019, 03:28:16 am
    • Barbados
Hey.... quick question for the game, if another updated comes out, would it be possible to add a way to see who is next, like for turns battles? if not o well, its not required was just asking
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:56:41 am by DimG
#694  February 02, 2019, 12:58:50 am
    • UK
Hey.... quick question for the game, if another updated comes out, would it be possible to add a way to see who is next, like for turns battles? if not o well, its not required was just asking
I've been trying to display that for some time. I don't know what's wrong with the system that prevents me from seeing the necessary sprites for Turns Mode. I have to look into the original MUGEN's files to see where I'm going wrong with it.

edit: it is done. As i mentioned, i've been playing lets go a lot, the eevee version specifically. Because eevee is precious and has a lot of variety as the partner form, I made a partner eevee character. Its pretty powerful when using status correctly, have fun, but note there may be bugs as this was thrown together in under a day.

1. Though Trinitronity once said about having Quick Attack to all the Eeveelutions to make sure the user knows they're all related to each other, you don't have to follow this at all. In addition, Quick attack in itself is outclassed by the other moves you gave it, and it would be better if you gave it Double-Edge or something to make it worthwhile to use.

2. Sizzly Slide would look better if it was Eevee sliding forwards with fire all around it, like Azumarill and Aqua Jet. A jump attack wouldn't convey the action from the move name in itself, though ignore the comment if it's like this in the game.

3. Buzzy Buzz can hit targets anywhere. This is considered overpowered, since it can hit Skarmory and Lugia while flying high, and Sandslash while underground to cancel his dig.

I keep doing this a lot, but sorry for the inconvenience of the lack of updates, everyone. For some reason, Mugen Guild's Notification Settings didn't mail me about posts in this topic, even though I subscribed to it.

Also, as far as I remember, Samus is meant to be super slim, enough to be flexible and morph into a ball inside her suit. You gave her a huge ass that makes it impossible to imagine it being done.
#695  February 02, 2019, 08:37:04 pm
    • USA
#696  February 02, 2019, 08:53:30 pm
    • UK
Hey Txpot. I need to as you something. Do you plan to bring this char back? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WfpaRbxjkAjOdZArmKPQ79wYdnb9ykB6

No. That was for the older version of this project, and is basically an idea as to how the project would go along for people who wanted to play with more than one Pokemon at a time. It was assumed that it wouldn't appeal to all players due to Pokemon preferences of the individual creating each one, and thus that idea was dropped.

#697  February 03, 2019, 04:24:41 am
    • USA
I see. Well thanks for answering. Just wanted to know.
#698  March 14, 2019, 10:58:58 pm
    • Barbados
Hey Txpot was just wanting to know the process on any of your mons you were working on? or any furthering in the system or more to look foward to
also can i get a link to the A version of this project
Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 03:16:31 pm by DimG
#699  March 27, 2019, 03:14:38 am
    • UK
Project Catch-em All Beta 5

Hello everyone!

Here is Beta 5. You can now program even more moves into the game. Unfortunately, you'll have to re-download the entire game again, since ALL the Pokemon got updated...again...

Here's a quick list as to what is added:

1. Dunsparce, Delibird, Pichu, Plusle & Minun, and Wobbuffet added to the game.
2. Items are now implemented. Due to this, the controls have been slightly changed: A/B/X/Y = Select Move, Z = Open Item Menu, C = Switch between pages.
3. Critical hit chance has been re-evaluated and is now slightly more compact to use.

Here's the Mediafire Links, which should be the same as before:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ctqzewhzc5bykcc/Pokemon_Project_Catch_em_All.rar

Don't bother with the "Update" file; that file is now useless since everything it added to the game as a quick-fix is already added.

Please inform me of anything that isn't working or causes the game to crash at this point, as I may have overlooked something that isn't mentioned in this post.

Short list of System Changes
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

*Fixes To Do*
1. Finish the interface for both Simul and non-Simul modes for the Item System. (You can use items in Simul, but the interface doesn't appear properly. That will come at a later update.)

Item System

1. When you have a full ATB bar and the Attack Menu is up, press Z to open the Item Menu.
2. 20 items can be selected for now. Use the directional keys to go through the current list, and press C to move between pages. Highlight the item you want, and press START to use it, or press Z to close the menu.
3. You can only use one item per battle. After using it, you can't use any of the items anymore. Your ATB is then reset to 0 and your Max ATB is set to 100 with no variation or effect on current speed levels.

Abilities and moves that use items to work will perform differently depending on the move, though this is up to creator preferences. Some examples:

Frisk: Removes an opponent's item at the start of battle, acting as if their item is destroyed.
Harvest: Can use two items per battle.
Bug Bite/Pluck: Removes an opponent's item and gain the effect of a random item.
Knock Off: Removes an opponent's item.

Hey Txpot was just wanting to know the process on any of your mons you were working on? or any furthering in the system or more to look foward to
also can i get a link to the A version of this project

This IS System A. If you mean System B (ability to switch Pokemon on the fly), that's been taken over by Alexei and has been moved to Game Maker. You'll need to speak to Alexei about it, since that isn't part of this project at all.

Meanwhile, I haven't done much progress with the Pokemon that are still in the works; Torterra, Goodra, Toxapex, and Golurk still need a lot of work done with their sprites, although I have finally separated most of Torterra and Goodra's parts from the sprite. I also added Cradily to this list, but again needs a whole lot of sprites done.

I was thinking of the following; "airjuggle" within the "[Data]" section, "attack.dist" and "proj.attack.dist" within the "[Size]" section of the character's files are unused in the game itself, and so can be used as additional stats for certain Pokemon's parameters, such as Weight or their actual Speed stat, for the purpose of coding the moves Heavy Slam, Electro Ball, and other relevant moves.

Last thing to mention. An update to your earlier question;

I can't get it to work unfortunately; Every time I enable MUGEN's Lifebars to see the portraits, MUGEN crashes the game with a Windows message. For some reason, ALL of my characters are unaffected by this; the game will work fine anyway so long as you select any Pokemon made by me. This may be because I use an older Sprite format (Winmugen) as opposed to everyone else (MUGEN 1.0/1.1). I don't know whether it's a compatibility problem or conflicting MUGEN versions, but as it currently stands, there is no way to see your opponent's next Pokemon in Turns Mode without the game being generally unplayable.

#700  March 27, 2019, 09:57:48 pm
    • Barbados