YesNoOk

Checking if an user still active (Read 9186 times)

Started by Nobun, March 12, 2018, 10:55:42 am
Share this topic:
Checking if an user still active
#1  March 12, 2018, 10:55:42 am
  • Opensource Programmer
    • mugenrebirth.forumfree.it
Since I am out from mugen world now, I never expected I could receive a PM.
It is a two-years old question I received, but I saw it only now.
I highly doubt that the guy could still need an answer to that question (two years passed, after all), however I wanted to leave him a way to contact me if he, for any reason, still requires that informations.

When I tried to send reply to his PM, the forum board will show again my PM message "removing" the username from field where you specify the person who will receive the PM. I don't understand if it is a problem of my browser or if the user is not anymore registered here.

The guy was Jason Bourne
RETIRED FROM MUGEN WORLD.
All my creations (characters, stages, applications, etc) can be freely destributed and hosted anywhere without any limitation.

Developer of N.O.M.E.N. (Abandoned project).
Re: Checking if an user still active
#2  March 12, 2018, 11:08:37 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
He hasn't been active for a year, and his last posts may have even gotten him banned.

I wouldn't worry about it.
#3  March 12, 2018, 11:11:41 am
When I tried to send reply to his PM, the forum board will show again my PM message "removing" the username from field where you specify the person who will receive the PM
IIRC I think that sort of thing happens when the person's PM box is full, if he doesn't have an unlimited box. You can't really do much about it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  March 12, 2018, 11:26:38 am
  • Opensource Programmer
    • mugenrebirth.forumfree.it
@Byakko... yes I didn't consider that scenario. You are right.

@President Devon
I didn't know that the user could have a bad attitude. However, since I am retired from mugen there isn't anything I can actually anymore do, except for replying a question (like that) I still (more or less) remember.

Thank a lot for your replies :)
I will disappear again, then :)
RETIRED FROM MUGEN WORLD.
All my creations (characters, stages, applications, etc) can be freely destributed and hosted anywhere without any limitation.

Developer of N.O.M.E.N. (Abandoned project).
#5  March 12, 2018, 12:46:12 pm