YesNoOk

Helper projectile hit count problem (Read 1690 times)

Started by krudelu, January 18, 2018, 12:11:23 pm
Share this topic:
Helper projectile hit count problem
#1  January 18, 2018, 12:11:23 pm
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Hello,

Recently, I've been trying to learn to convert projectiles that used to use the projectile controller into helper projectiles.

But I found recently is that if I hit with a helper projectile that juggles then hit them with another projectile while they are juggled, the hit count doesn't register while the red bar in the lifebar is still there when the hits connect and the dampener is still applied as if the hit from two helper projectiles actually count.

One of the examples I know that have this is Heidern by Raposo

Is there a way to fix on how being hit by 2 helper projectile when juggled ends up hit count not registering? I even tried putting numhits = 1 on the helper projectile's hitdef and even that still didn't solve the issue
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:19:25 am by krudelu
Re: Helper projectile hit count problem
#2  January 18, 2018, 12:26:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Another note to make Helpers continue adding to hit count you will want to make sure they do not get destroyed too soon. Make the last frame of the anim group -1 and the time -1.  To destroy the helper you want the target to not be in MoveType = H
Re: Helper projectile hit count problem
New #3  January 19, 2018, 06:19:08 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Okay, getting it to work now. Thanks for the tip.

I'm just going to leave a note for myself and maybe for others that may end up checking this post (maybe through google search?) in the future to those who end up with similar issue I had regarding this here so maybe I can look back at this post in the future just in case I forgot about it:

I can also have the last frame anim group -1 and I can also pick time of maybe 10 more or less but make sure to check the "start loop in this frame"  specifically in this very last frame. Also, implement destroyself like this:

[State 1000,]
type = destroyself
trigger1 = !animtime && !numtarget
Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:56:52 am by krudelu