YesNoOk

Screen moving when it shouldn't move (Read 2457 times)

Started by DeathScythe, July 18, 2018, 12:55:32 am
Share this topic:
Screen moving when it shouldn't move
#1  July 18, 2018, 12:55:32 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Well, a picture is worth a thousand words...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

When I do a specific move, the ring appears in one of the sides of the screen, it works fine in single 1 vs 1, but in simul, if the player that isn't being thrown walk to the sides, the screen moves and this happens. How can I "lock" the screen? I already used screenbound code to make the screen stay in the same position for both the player attacking and the target.
Re: Screen moving when it shouldn't move
#2  July 19, 2018, 05:19:05 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Well here's the easy solution:
When you spawn the ring (Explod, yes?) use Postype = Left/Right/Front/Back
Also use bindtime = -1

That should make it slide with the screen during simul.

To lock the screen for all parties you would need to spawn a helper on either side with Screenbound, AffectCamera = 1... screen will probably wiggle a little

#3  July 19, 2018, 06:24:33 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
It is a helper. I'll try to use it as an Explod and apply these settings later. Thank you :)
#4  July 19, 2018, 09:22:27 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Still can't make it work properly. I'll give more details of what exactly happens:

I do the command (the move is a lv2 super), the character will enter the specific throw state (and also the target), then, she will jump with the target bounded to the side and go offscreen, the ring slides with her on top, she jumps with the target, then the ring slides to the other side and disappear.

Pics may help to understand:

The only way I could do that was with a helper using velset. Here is the code, if it helps:

I hope this is understandable.
#5  July 20, 2018, 05:26:29 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
The helper doesn't affect the camera, and neither does Mika or target.

So other players will.

You can prevent thjs by spawning 2 additional helpers with affectcamera = 1, at either side of the screen, constantly posset to their spawned location (unmovable), effectively locking the camera

#6  July 22, 2018, 07:48:12 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hey, it's me again. I read what you said like 10 times and couldn't understand what you meant, I understood almost everything except for the "affectcamera = 1" part, I thought it was some kind of code that I had to insert.

Well, I looked at another R. Mika with the same move and I found the code, applied something similar to my Mika and now I think I get what you meant. Something like this, right?

Basically, create 2 "walls" to prevent the player walking to the sides. Well, it worked. :)

Thank you for the patience xD
#7  July 22, 2018, 06:15:05 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Oh neat, that's another way of doing it :P

One of the Screenbound parameters is AffectCamera.  For a helper it is 0 by default, so you need to include AffectCamera = 1 if you want the helper to influence camera.

By placing helpers at either side affecting the camera, it cannot move left or right