YesNoOk

The Cell Games - A What If Story (Read 38453 times)

Started by Omega, May 02, 2018, 03:53:04 am
Share this topic:
The Cell Games - A What If Story
#1  May 02, 2018, 03:53:04 am
Hello Everyone,

I am announcing my Mugen Game which is ongoing for several years right now. It's Dragonball Z's Cell Games. Only this time, a different plot takes place. I want to mind that it doesn't have to make sense. It has to be fun and we should just enjoy it.

Story
When Cell traveled back in time thanks to Trunks's time machine, he was lucky to find Android 17 & 18. He absorbed them and became the perfect being. He wants to test his powers against powerful fighters and hosts the Cell games. Cell entered a TV station where he told the world about the games, then gave the heroes 10 days to prepare for the games and told them that if he emerged undefeated, he would destroy the world.

What If Story
The world where Cell traveled into is slightly different. Zordon (from Power Rangers) asks alpha 5 to contact and teleport as much fighters as he can to the command center. He wants everyone to participate.

Gohan is the only character who knows all these fighters will get hurt. He is basicly the only one who's going to beat Cell. So the ending is up to the player to decide if these fighters really fought cell or not, or even died in the process.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This game will have 9 playable Characters, 1 subboss and 1 finalboss.
We are aiming for a 4 button layout game with specials, 3 supers for every character.
Rivals in game will have pre-fight conversations. They will also have it against Cell. Similair to SVC.

Gohan (Dragonball Z)
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Red Ranger (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers)
Hannah Dundee (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs)
Axel Stone (Streets Of Rage)
Batman (Justice League Task Force)
Yusuke (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Sailor Moon (Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon S: Jougai Rantou! Shuyaku Soudatsusen)

????? - Subboss (keeping it a secret)
Perfect Cell - Last Boss

What's what?
- Omega - I ripped, customized and edited all sheets. I got some help back then. All will be credited. I also edited, customized most stages.
Only 2 stages are added made by others. (credited). Most stages I made edits for are both mine and OldGamers work.
- 3 of the characters i made sheets for were coded as standalone characters years before by Alexei (Red Ranger, Hannah Dundee, Axel Stone)
- Batman will be coded by Ultra Fatality.
- Most plans, coding and more by Ryon and me.
- Each Character will have his own home stage.
- Long story short. This is not a compilation but a full game made from the ground.

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Thank You for reading and Take Care.
Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 03:16:27 am by Omega
Re: The Cell Games - A What If Story
#2  May 02, 2018, 04:48:07 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
I'm more curious about the rest of the gameplay mechanics for this game. The progress so far looks pretty decent.

I'm not sure regarding female characters but for an SNK represenative I could see Haohmaru working.
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#3  May 02, 2018, 12:05:54 pm
The Gameplay is a mix between old fighters and new-age, comboers. Using a 4-button layout, the "x" and "y" buttons are used for light and powerful punches, while the "a" and "b" buttons are used for light and powerful kicks respectively. Lighter moves are safer and deal less damage, while heaver moves do more damage and are far less safe. Lighter moves usually allow for a higher range of movement as well.

As for your suggestion. I can see Haohmaru working but, the Snes sprites needs to get ripped.I ripped so much sprite sheets back then that I am actually trying to avoide ripping a bit. I'll see what I can do. Waiting for more answers before We decide. Nice choice btw.
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:10:06 pm by Omega
#4  May 03, 2018, 08:57:42 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
nice fan made game none the less buddy  :smitten: keep up the good effort   :sugoi:
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:22:24 am by OldGamer
#5  May 03, 2018, 09:57:51 pm
Thanks man. If you have some free time, I would like to ask for your support a bit.

I have my hands full with stuff. If there is anyone willing to Color Separate Sailor Moon for the Game, that would be Great. If not, I'll have to do it myself later.

We still need opinions about a playable SNK Character. So far we only have Haohmaru suggested by KingPepe. Any other suggestions?
#6  May 03, 2018, 10:12:03 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Thanks man. If you have some free time, I would like to ask for your support a bit.

I have my hands full with stuff. If there is anyone willing to Color Separate Sailor Moon for the Game, that would be Great. If not, I'll have to do it myself later.

We still need opinions about a playable SNK Character. So far we only have Haohmaru suggested by KingPepe. Any other suggestions?
Im no expert on making full game sorry Im skills as Mugen Theme Creator is making mugen stages and making full pack screen packs. I think is best you ask the real hardcore snk fans to help with suggestion. Im sorry but I wont be no good use to you on that one  buddy. good place for suggestion will be Snk neo fighter community they are the best Intel when come to SNK stuff.. not sure if you ever been there but if anyone know about SNK this those guys. I know they specials in emulators but they are Hardcore when come to SNK xD https://www.neofighters.info/forum/ I know they love to see your awesome work :D

Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:16:12 pm by OldGamer
#7  May 06, 2018, 04:41:04 am
Thanks there buddy.

We decided not to include more Characters. We'll stick to 9 playable characters, 1 sub boss and 1 final boss.

All playable Character Stages are decided btw.

The Woods for Gohan
Suzaku Castle In Snow for Ryu
The Command Center for Red Ranger
Village Of Dino Mountain for Hannah Dundee
City Light District for Axel Stone
The Sewers for Leonardo
Silver Millenium for Sailor Moon
Dark Arena for Yusuke
Gotham City Night for Batman