Full Game Elements (Read 74642 times)

Started by Алексей, July 28, 2013, 05:41:46 am
Full Game Elements
New #1  July 28, 2013, 05:41:46 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Hey Guys,

This thread is going to be dedicated to showing the progress and introduction of the various full game elements that I'll be adding to NZCR. The first couple of things are:

Platforms and Random Item Spawns:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Plans for platforms will be in any stage that is suited to have them. For example: the trees in the Forest Stage. As far as the Items go, I have some ideas for various effects like:
- Life Recovery (featured in the video)
- Chakra Recovery
- Poison
- Defense Up/Down
- Attack Up/Down (this one I'm going to have to be careful with so as not to break the damage dampener.)

Other forms of Stage Interactivity include the spider in Forest of Death. It's there an creepy and you just want to kill it... so go ahead. :)

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 11:36:29 pm by Алексей
Re: Full Game Elements
#2  July 28, 2013, 06:40:12 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Sounds great Alexei! Hey the video isn't showing in the spoiler.

#3  July 28, 2013, 06:42:04 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com

#4  July 28, 2013, 06:44:47 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I'm using chrome too, It's just my third-world internet :(

Posted: July 28, 2013, 06:47:17 am
That's was awesome! I can already imagine the epic fights... And Shikamaru taking advantage of it LOL

#5  July 28, 2013, 06:12:10 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Lol yeah!

#6  July 28, 2013, 07:50:43 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Those items look a bit small lol

Platform idea seems cool bro! Thing is, I'm not too sure how to code that. Could you PM me the details? I'll ask around too
#7  July 28, 2013, 07:56:47 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Those items look a bit small lol

Platform idea seems cool bro! Thing is, I'm not too sure how to code that. Could you PM me the details? I'll ask around too

Yes, they're half size. The bowl of ramen looks like Pein could hold it, no? XD. I tried them at full size and don't like it. They're too big and interfere (visually) with the fight.

Indeed it is. :) I figured it out by mostly doing testing and seeing explanations of different ways it could be done here on MFG. It's funny, because I did not implement it in any of the ways I read. In any case, you don't need to know how to code it. Are you making a stage that requires platforms? If so, we'll just address it when the time comes. Suigetsu's Stage was made long before I wanted to put the platform in it. It's handled by characters anyways.

#8  July 28, 2013, 07:58:38 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Lol 

I checked around too. I guess I can't help with the platforms since they're character coded lol.
#9  July 28, 2013, 07:59:53 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Lol 

I checked around too. I guess I can't help with the platforms since they're character coded lol.

No need to. Make your stage like you would normally. The platform sprites are in the stage. The character-coded elements make it actually function like a platform. It's all good, man.)))

#10  July 28, 2013, 08:15:53 pm
The shadow should stay with the chars ("glued" to their feet) when you're standing on a platform. Is it possible to fix it?
#11  July 28, 2013, 08:19:19 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
The shadow should stay with the chars ("glued" to their feet) when you're standing on a platform. Is it possible to fix it?

I agree. It should. However, I don't think there's a way to do that. When you jump, the shadow moves in the opposite direction of the player, no matter what. Now, this video is, believe it or not, outdated already. My fix to this issue is going to be on a per stage basis. In Suigetsu's Stage, I've adjusted the shadow fade distance (I forget the parameter's name), so that when you're standing on a platform, or at least this one, you can't see the shadow at all. I think that should work out nicely. :)

Posted: August 07, 2013, 03:04:53 pm
Suigetsu's Stage: Final Preview:
I don't know how many have seen this already, but it's still relevant to the topic and progress in the least. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Qi4lf7IcI