YesNoOk

Sailor Sprites (Read 191569 times)

Started by rgveda99, December 20, 2012, 03:45:20 pm
Re: Sailor Sprites
#41  February 11, 2019, 04:10:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Good job.
you have been doing this for years, right ?

(I seem to recall a dude from england also doing sailor moon spirte edits since 10+ years ago, but if might be youa nd I mgiht ahve mistaken him/you as being from england)
#42  February 11, 2019, 05:10:28 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Good job.
you have been doing this for years, right ?

I stopped when my Dysthymia stepped in and hired other spriters to do the work when I realize how many sprites I'll work with.

Thinking about hiring again soon. It's too much work and I'm just adding stuff to make the Sailors not feel like an incomplete beat em up fighter forcefully fitted to a traditional fighter. A lot of the sailor mugen programmers seem to reference the anime rather than referencing fighting games for normal moves.

Anyway this time I'm over my Dysthymia and will continue pursuing finishing this.

(I seem to recall a dude from england also doing sailor moon spirte edits since 10+ years ago, but if might be youa nd I mgiht ahve mistaken him/you as being from england)

Yeah I hired the guy from England that time to do Sailor Saturn. Sadly he didn't finish the sprites needed to complete so there's some missing  stun frames.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#43  February 14, 2019, 05:51:46 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I used Leona from the 'King of Fighters' as sprite base to work on. Not my favorite KOF gal but she does have this awesome move set for normals. The original arcade beat em up only had one punch which made her Mugen counterparts very incomplete. Will be working on a 6 button version for her ala 'Street Fighter 2' for both neutral and moving jump punches. I'll also be replacing the old punch she had in the arcade to make her move sets look more dynamic and fit for a traditional 2D fighter. So that's 1 down and 5 to go.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#44  February 16, 2019, 05:40:25 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Using King of Fighters sprites can be quite a bit of a challenge most of the time. They sometimes slightly twist a part of their body. That or having to get rid of clothes which requires using your imagination.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#45  February 22, 2019, 03:12:57 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
First set of jumping punches done.

This one presented a challenge for the last 2 frames. It's looks as though Shermie was doing this shoelace yoga pose in the air. I decided not to do that pose and played it safe without her doing a yoga pose in the air.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#46  March 17, 2019, 09:42:51 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm done with Sailor Mars' new back throw. I replaced at least 2 frames of Mai and used Ayako from Variable Geo. It's look awesome and better than the old throw she had in the arcade. This one fits her personality so well.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#47  March 17, 2019, 01:01:44 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I'm done with Sailor Mars' new back throw. I replaced at least 2 frames of Mai and used Ayako from Variable Geo. It's look awesome and better than the old throw she had in the arcade. This one fits her personality so well.

Simply awesome, as you said it fits her personality well! Gracefull and deadly! ^^
I think she have a similar move in one of the 16bits versions of the game.
She could have some mid air throw as well.
Any chance you give her something close to SOR grapple system, with different throws/slams from front and back of enemy?

IMO Mars is all about leg moves, so it's perfect for her.

Good work with Shermie's jump Hard punch as well!!

What will be the next move?
keep it up!
#48  March 18, 2019, 10:34:16 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Simply awesome, as you said it fits her personality well! Gracefull and deadly! ^^
I think she have a similar move in one of the 16bits versions of the game.

Not a fan of her Frankensteiner. It makes her look like she's putting so much effort when she's a character that I feel like she does little effort and still knows how to kick ass.

She could have some mid air throw as well.
Any chance you give her something close to SOR grapple system, with different throws/slams from front and back of enemy?

May be for an EX character in the future. I'm actually checking out Kisarah Westfield in that obscure beat em up/fighting game hybrid.

Air throw will be based on a Guilty Gear character.

What will be the next move?
keep it up!

I'll try to finish the 2nd and final set for the jumping punches so she'll be compatible for a traditional 6 button SF or MVC type of gameplay. A lot of the mugen coders who worked on anything Sailormoon didn't bother to make new normals and focused too much on more and more specials and super moves making the characters feel incomplete, overpowered or cluttered. I'll be fixing that problem so the new generation of Sailormoon coders won't have the same problem.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#49  March 18, 2019, 11:13:49 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I'm pretty ok with all of this! ^^

Yes, of course, I know AODK, Kisarah have some interesting grapple moves. (like most AODK characters ^^)

About air throw from GG, you think about Jam's air throw? I think it would fit well.

Also, I'm sor OK with this idea to give more regular animations instead of artificially giving some diversity with tons and tons of different projectiles to the sailors...
#50  March 19, 2019, 10:59:53 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'll be multitasking between 2 sprites after a long break.
Experimenting with working with dead lines. Goal is to finish 2 at the very least and 3 at the most new move sets for Sailor Mars before April first.

About air throw from GG, you think about Jam's air throw? I think it would fit well.

Yes. Mars will be breaking the opponents neck in the air.

Also, I'm sor OK with this idea to give more regular animations instead of artificially giving some diversity with tons and tons of different projectiles to the sailors...

Not to mention the one's that don't look anything like a super like Sailor V Kick. Sakuraka made some really awesome moves but some of them should be dropped for a traditional professional looking 2d fighter.

I'll be replacing a nerf version of Moon Sparkling Sensation or Sonic Cry using Yuri's Saiha a few months from now as soon as I'm done with Mars. I love her Sonic Cry in the S game but it makes her look bad and amateurish if animated like she's a crybaby. Looks good if it were a game like Gem Fighter but the arcade style is about refinement.

Good thing the programmer I'm working with is using the Sailormoon S Jougai Rantou engine or inspired from it.
sailormoongalaxy said:
Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:03:21 am by rgveda99
#51  March 24, 2019, 11:18:10 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
#52  March 31, 2019, 07:55:42 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Got so many things done in March and its a great way to kick start the first day of April.  :hyo:

Kaori really has great looking kicks.  :smash:

Nothing special but those are what makes a good character feel complete.  :army:

First time working with a Guilty Gear character. Interesting that before the existence of Guilty Gear they first started with Sailormoon S Jougai Rantou. This is creation going full circle.  :dealwithit:

Seeing as how its 11 frames in total I decided to finish just half for the moment. I'll be finishing the rest hopefully before May.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#53  April 03, 2019, 12:43:03 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
I cannot resist posting here as well to tell you how great your work is, one more time!

I always felt like the arcade game had very generic moves for all Sailors.
But, your choice is really good.
with this, Mars have the deadly-leggy moveset that suits her really well.

About Jam's move. I always felt like they could have given one more frame between 3 and 4.
This is just my opinion, even it it already looks good.
#54  April 09, 2019, 11:53:24 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

:nuttrox: I'm done with Sailor Mars new air grab. Never liked her Frankensteiner at all in the Super Famicom games of R, S and SuperS. So far this has been the most work I've done for a move with 11 individual frames. It's funny how original sprites for the 8th, 9th and 10th frames look funny with the 8th frame looking the worst one as she looks derpy. The last few frames make Jam look liked she's either too stressed out, had too much coffee or no sleep. Makes me think the artist was trolling with these last few frames. And too think there's not much characters to work on other than new moves and an alternate version of Sol Badguy which is Holy Order Sol in Guilty Gear Accent Core.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#55  July 24, 2019, 07:45:32 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
#56  July 25, 2019, 06:47:21 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
In celebration of today's official release of Ninjawarriors Once Again for the Switch and Playstation 4 I present to you 'Ninja Usagi' from episode 136 of Sailormoon inspired from Kunoichi - one of the characters in the game.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#57  May 01, 2020, 08:38:15 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
With the release of Streets Of Rage 4 for the Xbox One, Playstation 4, Switch and PC I present to you Sailor Mars as 'Rei Blaze'.  One of the best beat em up games of the 90's by Sega and one that has inspired me to do spriting.  Rei really looks kick ass in Blaze's outfit.  :catgoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
#58  May 17, 2020, 04:18:15 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Here is Sailor Venus as She-Ra.

Just watched Season 5 of 'She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power' in Netflix. Was inspired to have the soldier of love and beauty dressed as Etheria's champion with her new final form from the show.

She kinda looks like a Saint Seiya character with She-Ra's final form from the Netflix adaptation.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#59  June 03, 2020, 09:58:13 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Just finished with her new win animation from the R beat em up game.

sailormoongalaxy said:
#60  June 03, 2020, 12:28:21 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
All sprites are great, look official.
            Zorf Giudecca