YesNoOk

Gouken SF2 Sprite Sheet (and SF1 Portrait of him) (Read 256557 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, August 10, 2015, 04:33:09 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Old School SF2 Gouken (Sprite sheet inside)
#21  August 15, 2015, 05:21:49 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ok a couple of more things, I was checking over the sprites and I realized that this sprite was messed up on the sheet so I corrected it:

Also, I am working on one final version of the sprite sheet. I was going to try and make him look like SF4 Gouken by removing the wrist guards and adding ankle ropes, but after changing the belt to the rope, I don't really think it's necessary. It would be cool, but I'm really liking the way the rope looks. It sets him apart from the other Shotos and gives him another unique attribute. This is the rough draft, I will try to fine tune it this weekend:

Also here are a few win quotes you could use:

"This battle is over."
"You must defeat me to stand a chance!"

and some from Street Fighter Wikia:

"I cannot lose until I face the one I seek."
"Concentrate not on destroying your foe, but on attaining your own victory."
"I may be old, but my time is far from over!"
"You have much training ahead of you."
#22  August 15, 2015, 06:01:05 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol just for shits and giggles, I very crappily pasted together the graphics from Ryu's SNES ending to make this, I probably won't finish it though. I don't know squat about making levels, but if someone wants to finish it up, they are more than welcome:

Btw, credit goes to this video for the graphics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBYtsifOE8I
#23  August 15, 2015, 03:03:12 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Played around with the level some more this morning:

#24  August 15, 2015, 05:51:40 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well, you know, after cutting and pasting for a couple of hours, I actually came up with something that looked half decent. Didn't realize how oversized the others were. It would be cool to have this stage with waterfall sounds in the background instead of music:

Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 06:08:48 pm by SiL3Nt J
#25  August 16, 2015, 08:09:46 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Ok, just finished adding his rope belt and he is 100% good to go now. It sounds easy, but MAN it was a lot of work. I was going to take away the wrist guards and add the things on his ankles, but after all of the hours and hours of work I put into it, and because of the fact that I don't have any more time to work on it, and because I just thought he looked cool like this, I have decided to leave it alone for now.

Gotta say, I am super happy with this. If there is anything I can do to improve, would love to hear. I spent days, and probably weeks, doing nothing but working on this character this summer. He is my first and probably only full character I will ever make. It was worth it though, always wanted to see this character playable in Street Fighter and I really enjoyed working on this, hope you like it:

#26  August 16, 2015, 06:19:03 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
also, one last thing, touched up the level a little bit this morning, though levels aren't really my strong point:

and an alternate with less repetitive graphics:

Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:33:27 pm by SiL3Nt J
#27  August 16, 2015, 06:24:05 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
nice plans for SF2 Gouken.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#28  August 16, 2015, 06:51:58 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol thanks man ^_^

Ken: Master!
Gouken: Ken? Where's Ryu?
Ken: Enough about Ryu! I'm tired of living in his shadow!
Ken: I will show you that I'm stronger than he is!
#29  August 17, 2015, 02:54:28 am
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
I could code something out of this! Great job!
#30  August 17, 2015, 05:47:57 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Cool thanks :-) But yeah, if anyone wants to code it, you're more than welcome.

It would be cool to see a video of it in action, especially in a SF2 run.
#31  August 17, 2015, 06:29:38 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
Cool thanks :-) But yeah, if anyone wants to code it, you're more than welcome.

It would be cool to see a video of it in action, especially in a SF2 run.

Yeah. I could get work started on this.
#32  August 17, 2015, 07:40:45 pm
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
Sorry for double post but... How's this?

#33  August 18, 2015, 03:40:30 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol I was just kidding with that dialogue, I was making fun of the way that Ken is always in Ryu's shadow :p

If you are going to put that in the game though, I would use the portrait of Gouken instead of the sprite.

As for the character, I think the version with the rope around his waist would be better. Maybe next summer I can add the things around the ankles and maybe remove the wrist guards.
#34  August 19, 2015, 03:54:15 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
A couple of more ideas I had:

(Top) His standing MP and HP should only hit standing opponents, but the MK and LK should be able to hit crouching opponents.

(2nd Row) He could also have Ryu's MK + Forward overhead kick

(3rd Row) He could have a kick that knocks the opponent across the screen after his punch throw animation to make his throw more like it is in SF4, also, his kick throw could throw the opponent straight up like his throw in SF4.

(4th Row) A portrait of that I threw together by combining Ryu and Zangief to show people what a potential Super Street Fighter portrait could look like. The Super Street Fighter portraits are actually a hell of a lot easier to make than the SF2 portraits, if anyone wants to take a shot at it.

Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:00:11 am by SiL3Nt J
#35  August 19, 2015, 05:21:46 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
This is awesome work Sil3nt J. With your sprites I already have a working Gouken in my game. If your interested I would like to help you work on that stage.
#36  August 19, 2015, 05:26:11 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
SF2 Zangeif port is a good suitable for Gouken port. By the way, the shoryuken sprites still left. I am interested to see them too. Keep up the good work.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#37  August 20, 2015, 02:11:01 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Thanks Electro, any way you could post a video of him? Also, is there anywhere to download it?

Yeah, if you want to work on the stage you are more than welcome to. I hope you will post a pic when it's finished.

VXC I didn't do the Shoryuken for this character because I didn't want him to have supers. I wanted him to be old school, like SF2 style. I would like to give him an unblockable electric Shoryuken though for a later version. Maybe next summer I will make a SSF2T version of him.
#38  August 20, 2015, 02:13:21 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Btw, has anyone else finished the character yet? Would love to see a video of / download him.
#39  August 20, 2015, 02:48:13 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
It can take many weeks as well as months to make a decent character so you'll probably have to wait some time until someone takes these sprites and finishes the character.

#40  August 20, 2015, 03:48:17 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Eh, I know. I spent about 3 weeks straight working on this for about 5-8 hours a day. Took forever. I'm not in a rush, just haven't heard back from anyone yet so I was just wondering. It has always been a dream of mine to see this character in SF2. Always thought it was such an awesome concept.

I wish I could do more work on it, but school started back this week and I have been bombarded. Anyone who thinks teaching is easy really has no idea.