YesNoOk

What's your favorite super smash brothers? (Read 18602 times)

Started by ClamSlam, September 21, 2015, 08:58:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What's your favorite super smash borthers?

the first
2 (5.7%)
super smash bros melee
9 (25.7%)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3 (8.6%)
Universe/SSB4
16 (45.7%)
what is smash brothers?
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Re: What's your favorite super smash brothers?
#21  September 22, 2015, 06:38:15 pm
  • Drew my Icon. I know, i'm a Amateur.
  • just trying to survive in the land of MFG
    • American Samoa
    • ClamSlam@mugenguild.com
"If you can't slam with the best then go jam with the rest."
#22  September 22, 2015, 07:52:27 pm
what the fuck is universe
#23  September 22, 2015, 10:05:11 pm
  • Wonderful One
  • DETERMINATION
    • USA
    • oatsandmoats.tumblr.com
I like how fast moves were in Melee but I have PM for that leisure (adore the roster more in Brawl/PM anyway) but my #1 Smash game would have to be Smash 4. Great roster that introduced me to Xenoblades, fun gameplay that helps the newer player adjust and become competitive should they want, and great music choices although there are a hefty amount of missing pieces that should've been there like Galacta Knight's theme from Super Star Ultra and the Elite Four theme from X/Y despite having their stage.

Sure, there's no story mode anymore but they make up for it with more modes and stages. At least that's the way I see it.
#24  September 22, 2015, 10:51:36 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
to be honest, I'm very confused what the message is here. are you saying you didn't choose it because I didn't call it 64?

Yes. No one refers to it as "The first one" (people call it smash 64), so I didn't notice it when I voted on the poll.

what the fuck is universe

I think there were some fan images calling Smash 4 "Smash bros. Universe" when the game was not announced/no official name was given... like 2 years ago.
Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:55:57 pm by -Whiplash-
#25  September 23, 2015, 12:51:53 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/

Shit
Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:56:07 am by MotorRoach
#26  September 23, 2015, 01:28:50 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#27  September 23, 2015, 06:56:17 pm
    • American Samoa
#28  September 23, 2015, 06:57:22 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
this website is stupid
#29  September 23, 2015, 08:15:57 pm
  • Outchea Grindin'
    • USA
    • warrenh89@live.com
Brawl by a landslide for me, it introduced all my favorite Nintendo characters into the franchise (Diddy Kong, Ike, King Dedede), Zero Suit Samus was a fun addition then outta no where they announced Snake and Sonic nobody saw that coming back then. The stages were fun too (Shadow Moses & Castle Under Seige still my all time favs)

"Capcom vs SNK 3 coming soon, we promise" - Ren
#30  September 24, 2015, 04:35:46 am
    • Argentina
The brawl is one of my favorites (and still keep playing) is quite entertaining as it has too many ways to play 2 players, but the only problem (in addition to the online mode) is when one stumbles is so annoying and It happens very often (when not step on a banana xD) and physical game because some characters from nowhere to jump and kick up can go far higher than with.
the smash bros four did not have the pleasure of playing but from what I saw in the videos and content you have is very good, removing out some moves that are somewhat OP and some bugs.
the Nintendo 64 I really liked, so I always played with my nephews when I was the emuladore N64 and we always had fun that game.
melee is also good fun but some is very overvalued by their fans (who think it's the only game in town and that no other version will later be compared except Project M xD Jajajajajaja x'DDDDDD) but holds its own is a bit limited and annoying in some ways, besides that some characters are a bit weak and some fall very heavy compared to their versions of the n64, brawl and ssb4
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:41:18 am by k6666orochi
#31  September 24, 2015, 05:20:02 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Jump Ultimate Stars
#32  September 24, 2015, 05:50:47 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
What the hell is Universe?
#33  September 24, 2015, 05:59:15 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#34  September 24, 2015, 05:40:10 pm
    • American Samoa
#35  September 24, 2015, 05:42:08 pm
why would you name it that when the game has been out for a year, is not fucking named universe and had a name since 2013. or why is 64 "the first one". why are you so bad at posting
#36  September 24, 2015, 07:11:23 pm
    • American Samoa
why would you name it that when the game has been out for a year, is not fucking named universe and had a name since 2013. or why is 64 "the first one". why are you so bad at posting
I didn't just put universe, I put universe/SSB4. besides, If people can call SSB4 Sm4sh then I can call it universe, dammit. I called it the first one because it's not called super smash bros "64". I appreciate your nitpicking (not).
#37  September 24, 2015, 07:47:13 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Super Megaman Bros. Universe starring Pac-Man and that Duck Hunt Dog :megaeyes:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#38  September 24, 2015, 07:57:39 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I didn't just put universe, I put universe/SSB4. besides, If people can call SSB4 Sm4sh then I can call it universe, dammit. I called it the first one because it's not called super smash bros "64". I appreciate your nitpicking (not).
Please stop.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#39  September 24, 2015, 08:09:26 pm
you can call it universe but you'll look like a massive idiot. ssb wii u/3ds is not called ssb4, but it's the fourth game so people know what you mean by saying ssb4. there's some base to calling it that. it was never called universe. there's a fangame called smash brothers universe. people would think you're talking about that. same for the nintendo 64 game, it's not called ssb64 but if you say ssb64 people know what you mean. "the first one" sounds like something someone not familiar with the series would say

don't make "not" jokes in 2015
#40  September 24, 2015, 08:22:46 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I didn't just put universe, I put universe/SSB4. besides, If people can call SSB4 Sm4sh then I can call it universe, dammit. I called it the first one because it's not called super smash bros "64".
The fourth game is SSB4 and the first game is SSB64. If you cannot accept such simple things, then you have nothing lost in the internet!

Eitherway, the thread title is definitely a good question.
Thing is: I'm a bit on the fence as to whenever Melee or SSB4 is my favorite Smash.
Melee has Ice Climbers, a much better Classic Mode (with individual Target Tests), and an Adventure Mode.
SSB4, on the other hand, has Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Pac-Man, Assist Trophies, Final Smash, Smash Run, customization, and most importantly, a version of my boy Roy (FE) that does not suck and does not feel like a Marth clone anymore, and I'm glad that such thing could happen.

Actually, I think SSB4 is very well my favorite Super Smash Bros game, with Melee being a close second.
SSB64 is third place, because...well, the series had to start somehow, and for a first game, it's definitely not too shabby.
Brawl is definitely my least favorite, even though it had Sonic, Snake, Ice Climbers, Story Mode, Assist Trophies and Final Smash.
It just felt slow and sluggish, the gimmick of trying to look realistic did aged a lot less well on most characters than Melee did (although Brawl Ice Climbers still look topnotch to this day), and the tripping really was the pinnacle of ruin for me by being completely random and completely breaking the little flow that was still left.
And the worst part: Brawl could have been GOOD!
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns