YesNoOk

Tekken 7 [PS4, XB1] (Read 464292 times)

Started by Niitris, July 13, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken 7
#1101  March 29, 2015, 11:26:18 am

Not sure who was realistically expecting Bruce to return (sorry BH). Bryan was his 'successor' back in TK3 and Bruce's place has always been a bit iffy since then. Didn't think he'd make this round or roster cuts.
Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:47:39 am by Niitris
#1102  March 29, 2015, 01:01:48 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
Is it me or her head so small?

X_X Oh DJ... You never get of dat annoying evil laugh of yours, aren't ya'?
#1103  March 29, 2015, 01:54:03 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
My god is that a terrible bad design choice for a Bruce replacement. If the game in general would still not be super fun I would stop playing the series already. Does anyone else think that their character designs are going downhill or is that just me and I am getting too old for something like Lucky Chloe, Claude or Josie?
#1104  March 29, 2015, 03:01:33 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Not sure who was realistically expecting Bruce to return (sorry BH). Bryan was his 'successor' back in TK3 and Bruce's place has always been a bit iffy since then. Didn't think he'd make this round or roster cuts.

That thing is Bruce's replacement? Harada really is a miserable fucking prick, I can't believe him

Spoiler: Don't get me wrong, though (click to see content)

My god is that a terrible bad design choice for a Bruce replacement. If the game in general would still not be super fun I would stop playing the series already. Does anyone else think that their character designs are going downhill or is that just me and I am getting too old for something like Lucky Chloe, Claude or Josie?

Claudio's design is not that bad, I actually kinda got a Soul Calibur feel from him. Josie is ehhhh, and Lucky Chloe is too cutesy to be in Tekken, but whatever I guess.
This is a generic forum signature.
#1105  March 29, 2015, 03:08:20 pm
I don't see why she's a bad replacement for Bruce. Bruce was bland anyway. Not saying he wasn't likable or he was bad, he was fine, but he was "just an archetype" with little uniqueness going for him as a character, the most you can say against this is "she replaced a character I really liked", which is only a subjective reason to say it's a bad idea to replace Bruce with her.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/mar/29/jin-devil-jin-josie-rizal-kickboxer-philippines-officially-unveiled-tekken-7/
Jin, Devil Jin, Rosie official trailers.
Uh, the "power crash" moves can be held ? And keep blocking several hits ? Is that right ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1106  March 29, 2015, 03:15:06 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I don't see why she's a bad replacement for Bruce. Bruce was bland anyway. Not saying he wasn't likable or he was bad, he was fine, but he was "just an archetype" with little uniqueness going for him as a character, the most you can say against this is "she replaced a character I really liked", which is only a subjective reason to say it's a bad idea to replace Bruce with her.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/mar/29/jin-devil-jin-josie-rizal-kickboxer-philippines-officially-unveiled-tekken-7/
Jin, Devil Jin, Rosie official trailers.
Uh, the "power crash" moves can be held ? And keep blocking several hits ? Is that right ?

True. Maybe we'll see Bruce and all those who got left out in Tekken 7: Noxillium Ultimatum or something (I couldn't find anything that rhymed with Dark Resurrection or Bloodline Rebellion)
#1107  March 29, 2015, 03:19:08 pm
Archetype Demolition
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1108  March 29, 2015, 04:12:36 pm
  • Slash!!
Yeah...... "The new generation"

#1109  March 29, 2015, 04:32:29 pm
I like the new generation. Yeah I know the joke was about clipping, not great choreographing there.

Power Crush moves can absorb multiple hits as long as none of them are lows, can't be held though. Should also take the time to mention that all rage arts register as one hit now and doesn't scale on multiple hits.
Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:36:01 pm by Niitris
#1110  March 29, 2015, 04:38:54 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Archetype Demolition

See, this is why I fucking love this guy :laugh:

I like the new generation. Yeah I know the joke was about clipping, not great choreographing there.

Power Crush moves can absorb multiple hits as long as none of them are lows, can't be held though.  Should also take the time to mention that all rage arts register as one hit now and doesn't scale on multiple hits.

I actually just found out about Power Crush, can't believe I missed it. I need to start paying attention to these things.

And speaking of Rage Arts, hopefully the new characters will have some impressive ones. IIRC, The Arts for Chloe and Katalina were shown, but did they unveil the ones for Shaheen, Kazumi, and Claudio by any chance?
#1111  March 29, 2015, 04:39:33 pm
    • USA
#1112  March 29, 2015, 05:42:45 pm
Josie... she's looks cool. Her winpose is a bit... awkward.
She has some nice moves.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#1113  March 29, 2015, 05:43:03 pm
bruce was a bland looking motherfucker and i won't miss him. i think her design is alright except for the snow white tribute palette
#1114  March 29, 2015, 06:23:15 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Not sure who was realistically expecting Bruce to return
The ones that got to several Grand Finals in Tag 2 I bet.  Oh well.

Am I the only one that feels Katarina is slowly becoming forgettable?  She's barely getting any kind of noticing.
#1115  March 29, 2015, 06:34:26 pm
    • USA
She was always forgettable and boring.
#1116  March 29, 2015, 07:35:15 pm
She's planned to be for beginners and button mashers, those she's aimed at won't make videos of her but if she works out for what she's meant to do, you'll see more of her on console.
As much as Bruce is nice to play as, Josie already has more personality than him with the same moves (probably). The only bad thing is that she's another typical young girl. But I'm fine with her design if she can show some skills and confidence in it.
Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:39:56 pm by DKDC
#1117  March 30, 2015, 01:06:29 am
#1118  March 30, 2015, 01:15:22 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Why kickboxing? The country has many martial arts of it's own. And Bruce already exists.

Because there is an actual specific Filipino style of kickboxing called Yaw-Yan or the 'Dance of Death'. I don't know how much of a role that plays here, but I'm assuming that is part of her style.

Seeing her in action for the first time... I think she's OK. There's nothing that really makes me want to go 'Wow. She's an awesome character' despite the fact that she looks really cute. I don't think she'll replace Bruce, but you never know.
#1119  March 30, 2015, 01:33:42 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#1120  March 30, 2015, 04:14:02 am
yo fucking serious with that name? moves are cool but her outfit sucks.