YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Ultimate Released (Read 175591 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, June 23, 2009, 05:25:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Ultimate Released
#61  June 24, 2009, 12:11:43 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
 :o
This program is the better. :sugoi:
Congratulations!
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#62  June 24, 2009, 12:14:24 am
When I go to edit a color on a palette, the words are in Japanese  o_O .

I know that some programs adapt the language based on the make of your computer (yes, I'm using a Japanese computer), but FF has never done this in the past. While this isn't a problem for me, I would've thought that the the language files would prevent that.
#63  June 24, 2009, 12:15:28 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
10/10

Better than the old one.

Pros:
-Updates!
-Opens more characters!
-Better interface!
-Palletes section!

Cons:
-I dunno.Maybe no new templates added.
Current Status: N/A
#64  June 24, 2009, 12:25:51 am
    • Thailand
- I miss the air axis cursor: the blue cursor that can be moved and it tells you where on the axis it has been moved; that made it easier to find the position of explods custom states etc... I think it should be re-implemented.

- Is there a way where I can disable the background image of the training stage? It's really annoying to me and I think it would be nice to be able to disable of enable it at will.

- When I move the image while looking at the .sff, it lags while in the precious version it was smooth.

- The image editor has pretty bad lagging. It also makes the interface blink and glitch when I draw.

- When in the air file, the same interface glitching occurs from the image editor.

- When I go from the air to the .sff, it doesn't automatically go to the sprite you were viewing in the air. I like that feature is it';s more often that one needs to go to that exact sprite rather than any last one they were viewing in the .sff.

- When looking at my .cns files, I think switching between .cns should be as easy as in the previous version; A.K.A no drop down menu, please. I think the drop down menu is tedious.

- Sometimes it gives weird names for the states in the left menu where you switch .cns files.

- When looking at the palettes, on the right the word palette isn't translated to English, it's still Paletas(doesn't that mean loli-pop?)

- speaking of the palette, I liked it how it was before, it's own separate interface, but I guess this one takes some getting used to; I'm not sure what is what anymore. It seems like it was better the way it was though. I think the options have decreased. >_>

- How about int he .cmd, the actual command are showed in the left of the list too, so you can jump to those at will? Or better yet, make it so you can switch to a lost of the sctrls and a list of the cmd. I think that would be just a small bit helpful in the long run.

- I like the colorful words, even more colorful than before. =) I would switch some color around but it seems that there's a confusing option to do that so i guess I can't rally complain about it.

- Again, when looking at the .sff, there is lag when axising the sprites; that's bad news bears for many. =(

- I like that multiple character can be opened at once.

- The interface looks nice.

- Yay, a percentage bar for massive cropping and it doesn't need to respond. =)

- The ability to see the effects of the applied transparency is great.

- Sometimes, the scroll bar breaks up. The one that scrolls through the sprites for the .sff

That's it for now. It's nice, but for now I'm going to stick to the older one. =p
#65  June 24, 2009, 12:26:32 am
I didn't do a clean install, I just put replaced the old one.

I'm sure that some bugs reported here is thanx to that. DO NOT INSTALL IT OVER FF FOLDER, MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL.

I just did a clean install, and the problem still exists. I found a way around it by rewriting the .def with FF, but it does still happen.

Btw, despite all the bugs that come with any program, this remains a phenomenal accomplishment for a fringe community. This speeds up the process for me so much, and makes it so much more enjoyable, that even as a very part time hobby I would pay for a program like this once it was polished. VT should definitely pat himself on the back for this.
#66  June 24, 2009, 12:52:19 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
it has a few nice things but i'll go back to the old one
#67  June 24, 2009, 01:10:04 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
To the people praising this: Have you even USED the program? Do you not see the counterproductive flaws it has?
#68  June 24, 2009, 01:11:49 am
  • DAT SAX
it has a few nice things but i'll go back to the old one

People like this are smart.

I'm sorry to say it but rebuilding the whole program was a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD idea. If VT would've built over and fixed up the old FF, none of this shit would be happening right now. :S

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#69  June 24, 2009, 01:16:51 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Can someone make a Usb portable version of this
#70  June 24, 2009, 01:17:33 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
It'd be best if someone made a WORKING version of this before doing anything else with it.
#71  June 24, 2009, 01:46:00 am
    • USA
Found 2 bugs.

Maybe Ultimate hates NeoKamek and XCB.
#72  June 24, 2009, 01:47:49 am
It'd be best if someone made a WORKING version of this before doing anything else with it.
I wholeheartedly agree. This version is definitely not worth using, especially if you already have FFUPD3 which is leagues better than this so called "improvement". Lack of ability to create stages is also fundamentally retarded since Stage Factory hasn't even been released yet. Bravo. :woeh:
#73  June 24, 2009, 02:00:33 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Is there even going to be a stage factory?

Anyways, I appreciate the hardwork from the team, but this thing needs to be delayed again to be polished up more like the old version before more issues come up.
#74  June 24, 2009, 02:22:25 am
    • USA
Should VirtuallTek just build on top of FFC instead? - Please sign this petition
#75  June 24, 2009, 02:54:42 am
  • DAT SAX
Ok, it may be a little early for this but it's now or never. I had to get this out before they got too deep into development.

http://www.petitiononline.com/plzfixff/petition.html

This is a petition for VirtuallTek to consider redoing this thing, but on top of FF Upd. 3. This is not meant to be a rude gesture, and I apologize if it comes across as such, but this is truly from the heart as an elaborate suggestion though with a simple premise for making it better.

Please, anyone who believes that the old version is better, and would be even better with the bugfixes and added features of FFU built on top of it, please sign this petition.

I hope to get enough signatures and send this to VirtuallTek in hopes that they change their mind.

Thanks, guys. :)

My MUGEN shit:
Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:05:53 am by ~*Ishida-Uryuu*~
#76  June 24, 2009, 02:57:44 am
Ok, it may be a little early for this but it's now or never. I had to get this out before they got too deep into development.

This is a petition for VirtuallTek to consider redoing this thing, but on top of FF Upd. 3.

Please, anyone who believes that the old version is better, and would be even better with the bugfixes and added features of FFU built on top of it, please sign this petition.

I hope to get enough signatures and send this to VirtuallTek in hopes that they change their mind.

I'm so signing that bitch.
#77  June 24, 2009, 03:10:15 am
A few more comments after testing more.

1. That flashing on the side panel really gets old after a bit.
2. When you use the previous clsn option on the current sprite, it doesn't show up unless you go to another sprite and then back.
3. For the life of me, I cannot find the add sprites button in the .sff section.
4. I understand why it's there, and it's just my opinion, but I would like to lose the prompt when deleting sprites from the .air.
#78  June 24, 2009, 03:18:08 am
this is more trouble then the original one.

there are some things i like, but most of the returning features are now a pain in the ass...theres some that should stay in and didnt. and theres alot of unnecessary new crap. the original ff had its issues, but didnt need a total rebuild.

good effort, but i think ill stick with the old one.

This is a petition for VirtuallTek to consider redoing this thing, but on top of FF Upd. 3. This is not meant to be a rude gesture, and I apologize if it comes across as such, but this is truly from the heart as an elaborate suggestion though with a simple premise for making it better.

yea, good luck with that
#79  June 24, 2009, 03:49:36 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
When I go to edit a color on a palette, the words are in Japanese  o_O .
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/cray_16/Pics/FFU_Bug_Concerning_Language_with_Co.jpg
I know that some programs adapt the language based on the make of your computer (yes, I'm using a Japanese computer), but FF has never done this in the past. While this isn't a problem for me, I would've thought that the the language files would prevent that.
The color dialog box is called by your operating system (it's a common dialog) that FF doesn't have control over.  I'll have a look at this tomorrow to see if Qt handles this with their calls to common dialogs...

Yes it is rude and you're not very patient.  I would have quit my job if they required me to build on top of an existing crappy code base if going scratch would have been a much better option.  You don't have access to the source code, so you really don't know whether or not it needed a rewrite.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:52:57 am by Messatsu
#80  June 24, 2009, 03:59:09 am
  • DAT SAX
It's not like I'm holding a gun to their head and forcing them to do it. :blank:

It's totally up to them. Hell they could ignore the whole petition if they felt the need and I wouldn't hold it against them. Freedom of speech mang.

My MUGEN shit: