YesNoOk

Naruto Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at your own risk] (Read 334122 times)

Started by Animugen, September 08, 2007, 07:42:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Naruto Discussion [Spoilers! Enter at your own risk]
#2341  March 22, 2012, 03:26:18 am
  • That's right. Get all the marmalade Mr. Giraffe
Hmm...I kinda wondered if there were other sage modes and animals since it didn't make since for Jiraiya to have learned something like that and the other Sannin not to know about it. Now I wonder who's going to pull out the toad sage mode.

Also did anyone see that "Karin is from the Uzumaki clan" coming? That was a plot twist that (not gonna lie) took me by surprise. I like how the story is playing connect the dots though.
#2342  March 22, 2012, 04:08:13 am
    • Germany
for the record, those two pieces of information do not qualify as plot twists.

I can't really say why, but I didn't like this chapter. I think the translation I read was just crap, with this "Dr. Snakes" stuff.. I couldn't take anything they were saying seriously :-\
#2343  March 22, 2012, 05:43:20 am
okay more like plot developments then (i don't know)? Also did you read the one off mangareader? I was confused by that "Dr. Snake" stuff too. I went to some other websites to see if they had different translations but no luck.
#2344  March 22, 2012, 06:36:33 am
The translators could have done a better job. I think we've been spoiled by Mangastream.

I had mixed feelings about Kabuto being a sage. I mean on the one hand it makes sense, especially with how overt Orochimaru's snake features often were. On the other hand it begs the question of what other sages there are. Is there a Slug sage? What would the side effects of that be, slime? I'm also guessing Kabuto isn't at the same level as Naruto on account of he looks so snake like instead of it just being his eyes.

It was a fun chapter though, although my interest level drops whenever Sasuke is front and center. Especially with the weird dialogue between himself and his brother.
#2345  March 22, 2012, 11:18:53 am
I'm also guessing Kabuto isn't at the same level as Naruto on account of he looks so snake like instead of it just being his eyes.
Technically the frog sage mode can fully turn the person into a frog, but that's in case of failure. It's probably not a viable comparison and just a different thing altogether that people just give the same name to.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2346  March 22, 2012, 01:22:28 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
yeah I dont know I thought it was a bit of a let down with Kabuto turning into sage mode.  I thought "his big trump card is sage mode?....I think Kabuto is late to the party." LOL I guess I was expecting a little more of a trump card or ninjustu .  I also thought Dr. Snakes WTF...
#2347  March 22, 2012, 04:52:28 pm
    • Germany
The translators could have done a better job. I think we've been spoiled by Mangastream.

that.

"Snakes can sense things through temperature, and they can also do it with their sense of smell by passing the smell in the mouth"

"You've learned a lot.. Dr. Snakes"

"I did plenty of research in order to beat Orochimaru"

God.
#2348  March 22, 2012, 05:40:55 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Is there a Slug sage?
If the evolution of a snake is a dragon, she might become a butterfly, but that's unlikely to happen.

Yeah, "Doctor Snake" as in "Guy who studied snakes a lot and know a lot about them like a Doctor of Science would" is kinda lame... :P
#2349  March 22, 2012, 09:17:27 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Slugs don't become butterflies.
#2350  March 22, 2012, 09:26:01 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Indeed. Well, maybe it will build an armour and become a snail...
#2351  March 23, 2012, 04:13:39 am
    • Germany
#2352  March 26, 2012, 04:04:54 am
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
Indeed. Well, maybe it will build an armour and become a snail...
Epic lol!

The translations on Mangareader do kinda suck, but overall this chapter was lame. I can't take this fight seriously considering Sasuke went toe-to-toe with several kages and Itachi murdered the entire Uchiha clan; if they don't straight up wipe the floor with Kabuto then this series just turned into DBZ.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#2353  March 26, 2012, 05:38:17 am
Oh.. that ship sailed a long time ago, sir.
just be glad the balance is better than Bleach's.
#2354  March 26, 2012, 07:10:08 am
Oh.. that ship sailed a long time ago, sir.
just be glad the balance is better than Bleach's.

I don't know about that..I mean when did it turn into full DBZ for you? It full of moments yeah (like Madara and the wood jutsu shit for one.) but I do agree with you though, its WAY more balanced than Bleach.
#2355  March 26, 2012, 02:13:30 pm
  • Head on!
Don't get me started on [cleaning product]. Keep it the hell out of this thread.

Naruto's been creeping into DBZ territory for a while, true, but in all the good ways. When Pain destroyed Konoha I was wowed and awed. When Naruto learned Destructo Disc I wooted. When he went Sage Mode/Super Saiyan I was pumped.

But all those developments are just battles getting bigger and badder. At no point has a random villain popped up professing enough power to take down someone with as established a reputation as Sasuke or Itachi, let alone both. Heck, Kakashi and Guy are half the battle ticket against Tobi right now.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#2356  March 26, 2012, 06:12:31 pm
    • Germany
Kabuto has been around since like chapter 15, has inherited the powers of Orochimaru who was the main villain for a very long time, and gotten Sage powers which kinda makes sense (why would only toads give powers to good guys - snakes can give powers to bad guys, too!), so yeah that works well for an extremely strong enemy actually.

And yeah Bleach is shit, stopped following it at some point.
#2357  March 26, 2012, 06:23:42 pm
gold roger died and became god king in bleach so it's good
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#2358  March 26, 2012, 07:21:37 pm
I can't take this fight seriously considering Sasuke went toe-to-toe with several kages and Itachi murdered the entire Uchiha clan; if they don't straight up wipe the floor with Kabuto then this series just turned into DBZ.

Toe to toe? from what I remember if it wasn't for the Masked Man Sasuke would've died whilst fighting the Kages
Spoiler: Your signature is oversized. Please read the rules next time. (click to see content)
#2359  March 26, 2012, 08:03:34 pm
  • Head on!
Kabuto has been around since like chapter 15, has inherited the powers of Orochimaru who was the main villain for a very long time, and gotten Sage powers which kinda makes sense (why would only toads give powers to good guys - snakes can give powers to bad guys, too!), so yeah that works well for an extremely strong enemy actually.

Orochimaru > Kabuto
Sasuke > Orochimaru
Itachi > Entire Uchiha clan
How (Kabutomaru * Sage Mode) vs ((Sasuke + Itachi) * Susanoo) equates to anything less than an ass whooping is beyond me.

Sure Sasuke would've died fighting the Kages, but it doesn't erase the fact that he fought with each of them in sequence before the rescue. That must count for something.
#2360  March 26, 2012, 09:12:15 pm
    • USA