YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Release 0.7 7/10/14 (Read 95156 times)

Started by Odb718, January 19, 2012, 10:49:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl Samus Early WIP
#21  February 02, 2012, 05:24:02 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Which versions of Mugen have planned for her to work with? :S
#22  February 02, 2012, 11:08:44 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
This looks interesting.
As far as I know, Mugen doesnt have a decent Samus availabe.
Good luck on your project man. ;)
#23  February 02, 2012, 11:32:19 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
 I only have 3 more animations for her basic attacks. I messed around and did a little light kick combo. It's based off of Ibuki's light kick - knee drop move. Then once the left knee hits she kicks you with the ball of her right foot. I tried to make a gif of it to post but FF3 doesnt make it properly. I cbf to open Imageready. It's 5:20pm, which is about 10 hours past my normal bedtime <_<
I just need to do M.Punch in the air, and crouching L.Kick and M.kick
After that she'll only be missing a proper dash backwards animation.

rukifellth, I'm going to try to make it work with both winmugen and the latest mugen build. Right now my focus is just on the latest mugen.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#24  February 04, 2012, 11:31:57 pm
did you use brawlbox?
#25  February 04, 2012, 11:34:38 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Brawlbox with Animgets then u got a full ssbb Mugen character im using brawlbox to sprite Mario for CVTW
#26  February 04, 2012, 11:37:36 pm
i was asking because i tried using brawlbox once and some characters looked really bad
#27  February 09, 2012, 12:21:16 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I've gotten a lot of work done with Samus. Still miles to go. Thought I'd post some screens of her in Mugen.

Jumping Backwards - Jumping Forward

Walking Forward - Crouching

Crouching Fierce - Crouch Blocking

Thanks to 2OS, Cyanide, and SXVector I got pallets working after a couple days of frustration. I also have the purple pallet from above and a very close orange pallet that matches the original pics I posted.
Right now only very few animations have collision/hit boxes. I'm focusing on getting the animations as fluid as possible before committing to laying down the boxes. Once the basic animations have been smoothed out I'll code in her supers and ultra. Smooth those animations out, then start work on the 5000s.
#28  February 09, 2012, 12:30:21 am
  • Walking on a Dream !!
    • Mali
Awesome Sprite Ripping !!  :sugoi: Any help for Palette ?
#29  February 09, 2012, 01:50:05 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Woohoooooo!! man it looks fantastic!! you must go on!! i'm so hyped now!!  :yippi:
#30  February 09, 2012, 02:02:28 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm with Noside. This looks fantastic for being so preliminary. By all means, keep it up!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#31  February 09, 2012, 01:51:50 pm
  • ???
Simple and solid my friend. i am looking forward for this :)
#32  February 16, 2012, 09:32:39 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I've put in some more time into Samus. I'm trying out SFIV hitsparks to see if I like them. I dont think they work well for her. I've gotten Samus' hit reactions in. I made one Special move. I've gotten most of the basic moves worked out. There are some moves I just hate. Mainly the crouching kicks. They just dont look good. Have a look for yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8twrUZE5E
The video is VERY CHOPPY. I had to use CamStudio because Fraps wont record my newer mugen for some reason.

Still a long way off. Some how my 3rd and 4th pallets are messing up. I'm not sure how to fix it. I guess I just have to overwrite them. I still have a ton of collison and hit boxes to edit. <_<
With the hitsparks Samus is at 2,327 sprites.
#33  February 16, 2012, 05:06:13 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Did you use OpenGLScreen and Pageflip? (Editing the mugen cfg) -> Fraps should work on the newest mugen o-o"
#34  February 16, 2012, 08:23:25 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Thanks, that actually got it. Forgot I changed those settings before.
The video's sounds are just Kung Fu Man's sounds so there's no real reason to update the video.

I need to find round explosions for her blast roof move. Heck I need to find all types of smoke/explodes. I'm trying to focus on getting what I have in perfected first though.

If anyone's familiar with SSBB and would like to help find some effects and sounds I could use, I'd greatly appreciate it! Collision boxes are sucking my life away.  :-\
#35  February 16, 2012, 10:57:13 pm
#36  February 17, 2012, 12:31:40 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
NICE! Blue Monkey thanks for posting that video. I decided to do a youtube search for brawl's sounds. One thing led to another led to this site >> http://www.kyutwo.com/downloads/sfx/videogames/ssbb_sfx/
I have 120 sounds from Brawl for Samus now!! I probably wouldnt have found it if you hadnt linked me.
#37  February 17, 2012, 12:35:45 am
pleased to be of service, i follow your project with great interest, ill keep in eye on this in case i can be of more assistance
#38  February 29, 2012, 03:37:24 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Work is still being done on Samus.
I've started to go another route and shove as much in as possible. This way I can see what else I'd want to add. I havent lost any work. It's just that I've switched from trying to perfect what I have before moving on. I've had 3 applications open on my laptop for almost 2 months now. It's near impossible to get back to the same exact settings once I close and reopen one of them. Otherwise it wouldnt be such and issue <_<

I've played some more SSBB to get some "facts". I have a paper with some notes that should last me about 3 or 4 solid days of work. I've added some filler hitsparks and filler sounds so I can get more code in. I'm not sure if I'm not seeing bugs or that my coding has stepped up. But I've gotten a lot of Samus' charge moves working very nicely. I've done about 5 with no problems. Each one's a little different so it's no copy/paste job. I'm still working on one but I know of a character I can take notes from.

The sound effects are still Kung Fu Man's. There are a TON to sort thru, and I dont have that much experience working with the sound files. I've done some eidts but I know nothing of channels and how to use them well.

Once I get this paper's notes all knocked off the list I'll have something worth making another video of. It's mainly about Jump heights and Special move attributes. But there's 2 things that might take awhile to figure out.
#39  April 17, 2012, 11:30:19 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Hey, Samus is still alive. If anyone's interested I've made a thread asking about her height. PLEASE VOTE if you havent!
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=140323
She's far too short as she stands now. (pun intended)
Once I decide on the scale work on all the explodes and hitsparks can be done.

I've added her SSBB sounds. I havent started assigning them to moves yet. I think I'm going to have to normalize the audio levels or something. Some sounds are very low.
I've been on vacation for the past few days but will be back at work tomorrow. Which is where I do most of my mugen coding =]
#40  April 18, 2012, 12:19:32 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Posted my thought on the size, btw, what are you're ideas on special and hyper moves?