YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1213538 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.
#1681  November 16, 2014, 07:32:11 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
Super Mario Land

When you think of this game, you most likely think of the first level's music first. Very good. Only the shmup bosses put up much of a fight, as the others can just be Mercy Invincibilitied through to hit the switch and instantly defeat them. The sequels, 6 Golden Coins and Wario Land, are even better.
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#1682  November 22, 2014, 01:27:30 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Valkyria Chronicles: Steam Version

Well, it's an old game that's probably already been reviewed, so no point doing that, but yeah, it's a good game. Unfortunately though I had to see several stupid moments in the game again, such as:

- Seeing Welking and Alicia love confession, while the Marmota is probably at the background, leaving to the capital. Sure, nice moment, but perhaps you should notice that the capital is fucked if you stay there and chat. That was not the best moment for it.

- Faldio's death, because instead of shooting or pushing without the need of grabbing, it was necessary to pull a worthless sacrifice to kill a villain that could do absolutely nothing to defend himself after Faldio's smart plan of cutting the power source. Though if you think about it, VC has the unfortunate trait of not knowing how to properly do the death of important characters, either because of picking a bad moment to kill them, being too predictable (I'm looking at you Isara) or just not making any sense at all.

Honestly, VC's writing has never been good, though if you compare VC with VC2 the first wins by a landslide. The last thing I have to complete now is to do the DLCs episodes and the EXPERT challenges. Though the last one will be in biiig intervals of times, the first challenge was already annoying enough to do and get an A with it, seriously wtf is that retarded damage from Shocktroopers...
#1683  November 23, 2014, 01:13:10 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Way of the Samurai PS2
So uhh...This game took an hour to finish.
Its a good game and I can see that it probably has many more endings but still,only an hour?dude!
Anyway,I got ending 3,which is basically you not siding with any fractions and just helping out the village,which gets destroyed anyway and everyone dies....except the afro dude and the qt3.14,and the latter one comments that the ending was almost perfect.
I'll probably play some more and then write some more stuff...maybe..
Also your worst enemy in this game is the camera.
Good luck knowing who you're hitting and who is hitting you.
#1684  November 24, 2014, 03:09:39 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Way of the Samurai is about short but multiple routes. I played it a long time ago in the past and the forced replayability to watch all content didn't offer me a lot of things to encourage me to repeat the game again so I never completed it.
#1685  November 28, 2014, 08:26:03 am
    • Anguilla
    • netid@wisc.edu
The Last Of Us (PS3): 10/10

What a ride! A true masterpiece. Graphics, design, gameplay, story, characters, emotions, animations, voice acting, score...every aspect of the game is top notch. And so freaking intense sometimes, it was literally exhausting. Very interesting ending, too - not what I expected, but very well done.
#1686  December 06, 2014, 06:16:43 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Parappa the Rapper (PSOne)

Playing the game in actual hardware is much better than in an emulator since the timing is syncronized this time with the music, the game is quite fun and getting cool mode can prove quite challenging at times until you get it, the music is quite catchy and making your own freestyles is great fun too!
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#1687  December 06, 2014, 06:59:38 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Return to Castle of Wolfestein: Steam Version

Back to the classics, and this one ages well, at least for me. Played in the hardest difficulty, "I am Death Incarnate!". Unfortunately, the last boss was a disappointment in that difficulty, I found it more difficult to reach the boss with the goddamn paratroops having that lethal accuracy and damage... It's a fun old game that I suggest any player that likes FPS to try it once in their life.
#1688  December 09, 2014, 03:13:39 am
    • muscleman@dispostable.com
Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land

I have finally beaten all the first four Wario Land games! I love that series. It sure has aged well. All installments are very replayable.
My past is not today!
https://media.giphy.com/media/119SFXjoMsax6o/giphy.gif
Your signature is too big, please read the forum rules
#1689  December 09, 2014, 03:25:52 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
Fallout 3

Inst that Bad as most of NMA or RPG codex jeks says, i played the originals for years when i was a twerp, and still a good game, far from the originals of course(east coast, new rules, no weed driven story), the main quest was bland ok, but you are Liam MotherFucking Neeson's kid, being bad is almost impossible because of that, also i played using the TTW mod for new vegas, and i found more enjoyable than the original(Which crashes all time because of win 8) due to the New vegas mechanics and improvements.
For the DLC's: Anchorage was nice, The Pitt is hard but enjoyable, but the main decision itself sucks,(i always choose Ashur because i understand his methods), Broken Steel was MEH, Point lookout Scares the shit outta of everyone, and Zeta was strange.
In all cases, the game itself is enjoyable and fun to explore, but its is far yet from NV or the classics, isometric fanboy fags will hate it as any modern game sequel, but its still fun.
#1690  December 09, 2014, 03:40:56 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
LOVED that game man. Got it when it first came out. Played that shit to death until i did everything. I hope they out do themselves with the new one thats in the works. But sadly the main Visionary concept Guy behind Fallout 3 passed away years ago from Cancer.
#1691  December 09, 2014, 08:01:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Pokemon Trading Card Game (Gameboy Color via 3DS eShop)

You play as Mark, who visits Dr. Mason to choose between a Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander deck. Then you have to get medals from the eight clubs by defeating the Club Masters, collecting lots of booster packs along the way. Once that's done, you'll be able to fight the four Grand Masters who will give you the Legendary Pokemon Cards. But beware, your rival Ronald is after the same thing to. Also Imakuni? is there.

Playing this game brings back all my fond memories of almost getting swindled out of my rare cards by my shitty Mormon friends. Oh yeah and I guess we played the game too. If you want to harken back to the days of when the Pokemon card game only had three expansions at the time, this is the game for you. The rules are pretty straightforward, and stuff that was ambiguous back in the day is explained in further detail here. Playing the card game is a lot of fun. It's easy to get into, and addictive as hell to play.

Now for the downsides: This game is pretty darn boring! You can challenge the clubs in any order, and there's virtually no consequence for losing. Everyone you beat gives you booster packs, so if you want a specific card from a specific booster pack type, just keep grinding against the same trainer. Storyline is an afterthought if anything. I walked away from this game without knowing who anyone was except for Ronald and Imakuni?

So I guess if you want to remember the glory days of the Pokemon TCG, it's okay, but if you're looking for a deep experience, you won't get it.

6/10
#1692  December 09, 2014, 09:19:28 am
  • For honor!
Most of the fun I have with that game is breaking it.

"Computer Search, discard 2 psychic energy, get Professor Oak, use professor oak, attach a psychic energy to mewtwo, put some crap on my bench, use Bill, use energy removal, use another computer search for professor oak, use professor oak (Insert more deck manipulation) use Mewtwo's energy absorption. I hope you can get a colorless pokemon ready."
Iroha stripped for me
#1693  December 12, 2014, 04:37:09 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
The Evil Within

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed by this. I had sorta fallen off on the previews and news about this since it's a new Mikami game that's basically RE with the edges filed off, so why bother, of course it will be good? And then I play it and jeez, it just feels like a mess. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad outright, but it's just not a good game. The gameplay feel pretty half-baked, and the shooting is simply atrocious. The game does a pretty poor job at exploring the concepts it introduces, and it often feels that the lessons it is teaching you are immediately contradicted by the next chapter. It really does feel like the game is fighting you each and every step of the way, and only feels fun intermittently.

also the story, characters, and voice acting are all complete and utter garbage, and not in that strange terrible-but-also-brilliant-but-still-very-dumb-yet-transcendent way that Resident Evil is. I'm really disappointed :(

also, apparently the review copies came with an extensive cheat sheet, of sorts, with tips and hints for every part of the game, as well as an advisement for the reviewers not to play on the "Survival" difficulty, which is basically equivalent to normal (the game recommends it for people who've played survival horror before), and instead playing on the easy difficulty. I can't exactly blame Bethesda for that, because this game is a mess.
#1694  December 12, 2014, 08:39:26 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
The Evil Within

I gotta say, I was pretty disappointed by this. I had sorta fallen off on the previews and news about this since it's a new Mikami game that's basically RE with the edges filed off, so why bother, of course it will be good? And then I play it and jeez, it just feels like a mess. I wouldn't go so far as to call it bad outright, but it's just not a good game. The gameplay feel pretty half-baked, and the shooting is simply atrocious. The game does a pretty poor job at exploring the concepts it introduces, and it often feels that the lessons it is teaching you are immediately contradicted by the next chapter. It really does feel like the game is fighting you each and every step of the way, and only feels fun intermittently.

also the story, characters, and voice acting are all complete and utter garbage, and not in that strange terrible-but-also-brilliant-but-still-very-dumb-yet-transcendent way that Resident Evil is. I'm really disappointed :(

also, apparently the review copies came with an extensive cheat sheet, of sorts, with tips and hints for every part of the game, as well as an advisement for the reviewers not to play on the "Survival" difficulty, which is basically equivalent to normal (the game recommends it for people who've played survival horror before), and instead playing on the easy difficulty. I can't exactly blame Bethesda for that, because this game is a mess.

i knew that this game would be RE4 2.0 from the 1st gameplay footage

also i heard that bethesda i using mikami as the new art designer for monsters in Fallout 4 and maybe doom
#1695  December 15, 2014, 03:30:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I think I actually would've been a lot more into it if it was RE4 2.0!

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
this is really fun! I don't have a lot to say about it. Uh I guess I would've preferred more of the unique ghost minibosses, like the original had in spades, and maybe E. Gadd could've called a bit less, but other than that, it's a fun sequel to an oft-overlooked game.
#1696  December 15, 2014, 03:44:25 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen

also i heard that bethesda i using mikami as the new art designer for monsters in Fallout 4 and maybe doom

Really? Hmm yeah seems they really need a new concept dude since their main guy died from Cancer some years back
#1697  December 23, 2014, 05:22:55 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Dragon Age: Inquisition

This game is definitely one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time. There are huge environments to explore, a sweet crafting system, likable characters, incredible sound design, and of course it's not bad to look at either.

As with most BioWare games, the overarching plot is pretty meh. Not bad, just not very remarkable; though there are some good moments in there. You do get to see the ramifications of the Dark Ritual, however, which I'm still unclear as to whether that's a bad thing or not. Probably is, but the game is just vague enough to make you wonder. What always stands out though is the characters that you embark on your journeys with. Vivienne, Iron Bull, Sera, and of course Varric are my favourites. Even rough and tough Cassandra has some really good moments too.

Gameplay-wise, if you're looking for tactical combat, it's there, somewhat, but for the most part you can pretty much brute force your way through. I can only think of a handful of encounters where I had to genuinely use my noggin (bloody cheating Red Templars bringing giants with them). This is on normal of course. Maybe if I stepped it up a bit that would change.

As for my dislikes? There doesn't seem to be enough plot IMO. I'd be fine if they reduced the size of some of the larger areas and gave us more plot, and a few more HUBs to explore. There are also a few sound and graphical glitches that don't ruin the experience, but they can definitely be distracting at times.

All in all, it's an incredible game, and I can't wait for a follow up to that post credits scene. Hopefully it's DLC so I don't have to wait 3 years to see how it plays out. Now if you'll excuse me, I still have 8 dragons to kill.

9/10
#1698  December 23, 2014, 07:56:19 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Little Big Planet 3 (PS4)

A perfect game! ...is what I would like to say. Unfortunately it has some issues.
-WAY too short. Compared to LBP 1's story (never finished 2) It's really too short. There's only 3 worlds for fuck sake. Not counting the prologue.
-Buggy as fuck. Sumo Digital has released 4 patches in a month with a 5th coming soon and there's still problems(Although most of them are DLC based.). Personally,  I've got stuck in the background twice and had the game freeze on me completely randomly.

But now the positives:
+Gameplay is on point as usual. The additions of 3 new playable characters only add to the already excellent gameplay that previous games had. (Example: Swoop is a bird with infinite flight. INFINITE. FLIGHT. FUCK WALKING) although...
-The new characters are locked into their own levels. No cheaping a boss fight with said infinite flight.
+The soundtrack is amazing.
+Stephen Fry is still the best narrator.
+Some of the community levels are actually brilliant. Although...
-Good luck finding them while wading through 2million bomb survival levels (just a nick pick to be honest)

All together, a decent game. I really wish it was longer and that the new characters were utilised more but maybe next game. The bugs are bad though but hopefully Patch 1.05 will finally squash them.

7.8/10, too much bomb survival
#1699  December 27, 2014, 03:42:59 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Wolfestein: New Order (PC)

So I got this nice present for Christmas, and I'm honestly surprised at this. I remember there was a previous Wolfestein PC release that wasn't really good before it (I can't even remember its name LOL), but this one has impressed me so far. I miss that there's no supernatural things, but the futuristic robots do make up for it. I specially love the freedom to choose how you want to handle things. You can go sneaky or you can go with two weapons in each hand and doing lots of noise, there's only a few occassions that sneak is enforced and they make sense to force it. I do have two complains though:

- One is that the graphics don't load properly for some reason, I mean if I look at one place, it takes like one second for the graphics to load properly, only showing blurred graphics before that, kinda like in Duke Nukem Forever which I also experienced a lot (but it may be my graphics card too which is a bit old but oh well, not that bothersome, or rather, I just got used to it LOL).

- The second is the "spawn enemy" system, which sucks. I found myself seeing lots of times enemies spawning from nowhere, I mean, I'm taking cover in a room, and suddenly an enemy appears from that same empty room when I leave, with has only one entrance, because I exited, stopped looking at it and was far away. Or even in front of me in a hallway (the hallway was empty and suddenly two enemies teleported to that location WTF). Happened enough times for me to be an issue, specially in higher difficulties when I'm low health and reloading.

Other than that, I really don't have any other complains. It's a good Wolfestein game, that I highly suggest you play.
Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:47:30 pm by Nanashi_1337
#1700  December 27, 2014, 07:47:52 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

The plot was good, the gameplay was good, the music was good, and the characters were mostly good. This game has a much better economy system compared to AC2 which took forever to make some big $$$. However, after investing in a lot of stores, you can make money quite easily in this game. As for gameplay, I like the new weapons and the saber/hidden gun combination the most. One gripe I have about the combat itself is that WHY CANT I BLOCK BEHIND ME??? I'm doing some epic combos but someone's always got to stick their sword up Ezio's ass. Imagery for you right there :wiseguy: AC's button configuration is a bit wonky on PC but I got used to it; you can always reassign all the keys yourself too.

The one somewhat big problem I had with this game was that it didn't exactly capture my interest enough after finishing the main plot line to go back and get a 100% completion. It was just... meh.

The ending was quite abrupt, but I assume that they will explain everything in Revelations, which is installing as I write this.

All in all, I'd give this a 7.5/10
I would give it a 8.5, but there's only one map in the entire game :(