YesNoOk

Jmorphman's WIP thread: Project S.H.I.N.(go): Shingo Beta out! (Read 2441485 times)

Started by Jmorphman, November 01, 2010, 09:13:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Got a light?

This is the water
81 (25.2%)
And this is the well
77 (24%)
Drink full, and descend
33 (10.3%)
The horse is the white of the eye
37 (11.5%)
And the dark within
52 (16.2%)
This is the water
41 (12.8%)
And this is the well
0 (0%)
Drink full, and descend
0 (0%)
The horse is the white of the eye
0 (0%)
And the dark within
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Re: Jmorphman's WIP thread: Demitri's not am driving me insane, no
#5581  September 25, 2017, 12:28:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
doing some quickie FX tests:

the face in the fireball gets washed out pretty easily. :(

It's possible to remedy this by making the face a different layer and having it use subtractive transparency, but I'm definitely not gonna have room for anything more than the standard 64 FX colors I use, what with all the other shit Demitri's got.

It's something I've got to think more about. Maybe I'll try a crazy solution like making all the FX subtractive, and then layering it over a greyscale version of the same effects that uses alpha transparency?
#5582  September 25, 2017, 12:33:23 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Second looks way better, do what you have to do.

Alternatively, remember that you have SRC and DEST values in your transparency. Play with those to see what results you can get.
#5583  September 25, 2017, 12:47:26 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
second looks great
I need more PSN friends
#5584  September 25, 2017, 12:55:25 am
    • USA
Alternatively, remember that you have SRC and DEST values in your transparency. Play with those to see what results you can get.
definitely a possibility:

(these are just an extremely rushed proof-of-concepts, in addition to the usual caveat wherein you just gotta squint and pretend I'm good at FX shit to try and imagine what it could look like if done by someone competent)
#5585  September 25, 2017, 02:13:10 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Do what you have to do, because Froz is your friend.lol Making my Halloween a real trick, for me and my sons mugen. Keep it rocking as usual bro.
#5586  September 25, 2017, 05:37:52 am
    • USA

I should've just tried the same method I used on Guile: display the effect normally with additive transparency, but have that same effect with subtractive transparency underneath. Works like a charm, and it's easy! :D
#5587  September 25, 2017, 06:06:21 am
You know your thing man. That is looking charming indeed.
#5588  September 25, 2017, 06:32:47 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
It looks kinda grayish, but f*ck HOW GOOD!
#5589  September 25, 2017, 07:10:13 am
Last one looks great, but the extreme color in the second pic in the first post is good too.
#5590  September 25, 2017, 07:15:03 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
This is much better now, combine the color you did from the second pic in the first post.
#5591  September 25, 2017, 07:31:40 am
    • USA
Again, these are all proofs-of-concept, I was just figuring out how to pull off the effect, not what it will ultimately end up looking like once (hopefully) someone actually talented at making hi-res FX takes a crack at it.
#5592  September 25, 2017, 08:28:47 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Roger that, I understand now and still good stuff on your part. I'm sure Froz would not mind, picking that request up. Since he did those beautiful cyclones fx's for you. Question will his voice be original or have some really cool effect to it. Like when he does a specific move, you know it's going to hurt. Good luck morph, I know you will deliver when the time is right.

GOH

#5593  September 25, 2017, 11:35:54 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
This is looking really good!
#5594  September 26, 2017, 02:04:08 am
    • USA
Who are you and what have you done with the real GOH???
#5595  September 27, 2017, 07:37:26 am
    • USA
OK, I can't do any more separation today or I'll go insane, time for another break to do stuff like that FX test stuff.

I think I could probably squeeze in colors for the (fully separated) firey Demitri sprites (much in the same way that Kyo's burning sprites were handled) but like... why bother? Most of the burning-Demitri sprites are him in demon form; there's only one sprite of him actually in human form! And it'd just make the separation needlessly more complicated for little gain! I didn't bother separating Chun-Li's single Kikosho flash sprite, so I don't think I should for Demitri either! Unlike Chun-Li, however, I think I'll make the burning Demitri palette use the same colors as the fire effects, to make it easy on everyone and stuff.

Still not sure what to do with these bats (the one on the left is for VS-style Chaos Flare, the right is Pharaoh's curse). Should the Chaos Flare bat have its own distinct colors from Demitri? And if so, should the Pharaoh's Curse bat use those colors too, or should it instead use Demitri's own colors? Is the Chaos Flare bat an extension of Demitri himself and thus it should share colors? I DUNNO!!!

and finally, I think it might be possible to hi-res those special bat-hitsparks Demitri uses for Demon Billion/Blast. Capcom cheaped out and didn't use them at all in CFJ, but we can do better than them! >:[
#5596  September 27, 2017, 09:33:17 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Hey here something to fest upon, just food for thought. :pimp:

#5597  October 02, 2017, 06:07:56 am
    • USA
Halfway done with the separation, so time for another quick break from that to keep me sane: I took a look at the bat helpers from Demitri's Dark Force, and boy, I am not looking forward to this. I was hoping they wouldn't be too difficult to implement, but I was looking over their vels/positions in CheatEngine, and I couldn't see any obvious/simple patterns to them. Might be that their velocity is randomly chosen from within a specific range at the start of every tick, or something. And that's just when Demitri's not moving! It's really insensitive of Capcom to not make things simple and obvious for someone using a memory editor to dissect their game 20 years after it was first release, TBH.

Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. In the mean time, I'm thinking about ES Chaos Flare. The non-ES version will be the Vampire Savior version, cuz that's the coolest one and the DS/VH one is just a boring ol' fireball. But ES Chaos Flare in Vampire Savior is pretty boring, it's identical to the normal version except it has a shit ton of hitstun!

So all along, I had just been planning on using the old style ES Chaos Flare, which Demitri throws with two hands, and the fireball has a big face on it!

But recently, I've started to question whether it was worth it to lose the functionality that the VS-style projectile has; it's almost like a mini stun, of sorts. You can get up to some cool shenanigans with it, even if they're (from what I'm aware of) not particularly useful in high-level play. But jeez, it's soooooo boring. So I had an idea: why not merge the two? Demitri could throw the big grumpy face projectile, but instead of launching the opponent upwards, maybe they could stay on the ground (but still use their burnt animation, if they have one), like the way normal Chaos Flare works in DS/VH:

If the opponent has a burn animation, the flames would disappear like they do in the source material, and they'd stay in that burn animation until the hitstun is over, giving the player a similar kind of visual cue that VS had (once the bat flies off from the opponent, they're no longer in hitstun). If they don't have a burn animation, then maybe they could just be covered by the flame animation until they recover, or maybe I could use PalFX or something. But I think that might be a good way of combining the two moves!
#5598  October 02, 2017, 08:03:55 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I like mixing the functional of both EX moves idea!

And I will just color the bat from VS Chaos Flare the same as the Pharaoh Curse. They are just too similar to me to bother with coloring both differently
Chilling

GOH

#5599  October 03, 2017, 11:27:03 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Keeping the hitstun for the ES/EX version sounds great to me, even though I like it better with the little bat gnawing the opponent's face off! :D
#5600  October 03, 2017, 05:06:32 pm
    • USA
You're creeping me out, did you get body-snatched or something?