YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734421 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1321  December 14, 2018, 08:16:55 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
About that, the challengers do tend to self-destruct a rather ridiculous number of times.  Myself, one of my friends, and watching Vinesauce play the game, all three I noticed when challenging Dark Pit he'll do his side+B straight into that middle pit on his stage and kill himself without even fighting.  I'm almost willing to say this is some intentional reference on Nintendo's part but I don't know what?  Not that I played much of Kid Icarus: Uprising so I don't know if Dark Pit had a history of shooting himself in the foot or what.

Might have to give in and use the Super Armor Spirit (Polar Bear/Regigas/Walhart)
Will have to look into getting one of them, if I don't already in my stash.  Though admittingly, there are a few that seem to just be challenging beyond what I'm capable of as of yet.  Dr. Wily's spirit with defeating the 10 or so Metal Mega Man clones with regular stamina tends to do me in with their projectile spamming before I can deal with the whole bunch.

Been trying to think of something that would fit the DLC criteria we've set for it thus far that would still be appreciated by fans.  Do people still care for Dirk the Daring and Dragon's Lair?  It's supposedly got a movie actually in the works this time, is a nice retro rep that doesn't get talked about much but is still mainstream enough to be known at least and fits into Smash's whole cartoon-y aesthetic quite well.
Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:23:49 am by Long John Killer
#1322  December 14, 2018, 08:47:14 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I feel like Arthur would be far more likely. I would be down with Dirk, but Arthur has so much more to work with.
#1323  December 14, 2018, 01:18:40 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Though admittingly, there are a few that seem to just be challenging beyond what I'm capable of as of yet.  Dr. Wily's spirit with defeating the 10 or so Metal Mega Man clones with regular stamina tends to do me in with their projectile spamming before I can deal with the whole bunch.
The Dr. Wily fight becomes trivial if you go in with Viridi (increased damage to metal enemies) and Ana (Franklin Badge equipped).  They'll kill themselves attacking you.
#1324  December 14, 2018, 03:10:47 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog) - It surprised me how this guy didn't make it to the Wii version itself, so I'm still surprised he is not in yet. Eggman is a classic videogame villain on the level of Bowser, yet we have yet to see him in the game. Yeah, he has a spirit in the game, but don't all playable characters have one? Its true he has less chances, but they can always surprise us again.
Well, I'm honestly not very surprised that Eggman is not in.
Which is for the same reason why I'm not surprised that Sonic doesn't even have any new remixes: Japan simply doesn't give a shit about Sonic (mainly due to how "cool" and "radical" and "american" Sonic is for the Japanese audience).
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1325  December 15, 2018, 04:51:52 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Madama Butterfly's Spirit is broken af. Thanks to her, I was able to defeat The Boss' spirit cuz Madama Butterfly's effect allows you to recover damage by standing on poison floors or in poison clouds. I was lucky enough to defeat Dr. Wily's spirit and Viridi's spirit was easier to beat than I thought.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1326  December 17, 2018, 12:23:44 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1327  December 17, 2018, 08:13:56 pm
    • USA
Something that slightly worries me about Erdrick DLC being real is how they'll really make him stand out from the ensemble of Fire Emblem characters to outsiders.  While I don't care for the series personally, I can agree with some of its fans criticisms that it would have been a lot more beneficial down the road had they actually diversified the weapon users instead of all these anime swordsmen that he'd just be one of a million should he be added.  That way the likes of Erdrick or Chrono or anyone outside of FE from a Japanese RPG with swords that gets added can stand out more and not just blend with the rest.

But I suppose it can't be perfectly tailored to our every whim.  Sure there's plenty out there that also simply don't care about things like that and just want more.  Which is fine too.  Well, if it's true I'd be interested in how they approach adapting their limited moves on a 2D turn-based plane into 3D like this.

Anyways, beat World of Light on Hard 100%.  Fun game.  When's the next one?  But for real, while cutting trophies for this is a sorely missed part of the series, this was a lot of fun and ingenuity to make the majority of characters feel represented in the game even when not really playable.  I especially got a kick out of Cloud's minor involvement in recreating Ocarina of Time.
#1328  December 17, 2018, 09:36:08 pm
    • USA
New Smash Bros Ultimate DLC leak: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/rumour_dlc_fighter_for_smash_bros_ultimate_leaked_on_japanese_textboard
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Apparently this dude also “leaked” that Heihachi, Rayman,and Steve would be in the base game, so grain of salt.  “Popular anime thing is getting a fighting game spinoff” isn’t that risky of a guess these days.
#1329  December 17, 2018, 09:52:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Personally, I am more surprised that FGO has not gotten a fighting game spinoff, unlike the other big mobages; but then agian it has been getting musou games, so there's that.
#1330  December 17, 2018, 11:37:28 pm
    • USA
To play devil's advocate for the leakers, Heihachi and Rayman are in the game, just the former as a part of Pac-Man's moves and the later as a spirit, and for Minecraft they got a spirit of the pig from Cubivore, which does admittingly look a lot like the Minecraft pigs to someone who doesn't play the games, with that bland boxy look.  Since the leakers typically don't give us a lot to go off of other than they've seen their names in data or screenshots of artwork, they could just see that info for them in the game at all and count them as full-fledged things.  Why they were so adamant on Steve, though, I dunno.  I'm just surprised someone out there acknowledged that Cubivore exists.
#1331  December 18, 2018, 12:31:43 am
    • USA
I cannot imagine a scenario where someone would come across the knowledge that an 8-bit Heihachi sprite appears randomly as a part of Pac-Man's taunt animation and would choose to relay that information as "Heihachi is a character in Super Smash Bros" other than to be deliberately misleading.

In other news, Isabelle is an almighty deity capable of creating life as easily as she takes it away.

Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:39:26 am by Person Man
#1332  December 18, 2018, 03:16:14 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I don't know why you guys even bother giving these leakers attention still. Wouldn't it be more fun to just speculate to yourselves and be surprised when the developer announces what's coming?

Also, the Isabelle glitch with Rathalos is a thing of beauty.
#1333  December 18, 2018, 08:25:57 am
    • USA
Aren't we still speculating?  These leaks don't confirm anything, and everyone knows they're less than likely to actually be true, but they often make good points on characters that would make good additions that maybe you weren't thinking about.  And sure, I'm still holding out for characters that are possible if not at all likely that they don't list like, say, Tifa, and dream characters that simply have no chance like Marina Liteyears.

Just adding their ideas to the brainstorm.  THEN we can be annoyed when they say it's someone no one guessed that's a weird fit like Tommy Vercetti.
#1334  December 18, 2018, 10:51:03 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#1335  December 23, 2018, 07:15:16 pm
    • USA
An interesting little detail just got found out regarding some assist trophies.  You can't summon the Klaptrap assist trophy on Jungle Japes or Kongo Falls when stage hazards are on,  since there's already a Klaptrap present.  Also, because he's a vampire Alucard can't appear on any stage with reflections, like Wii Fit Studio or Fountain of Dreams.

So I guess good new for those folks who were still somehow holding out hope for Waluigi DLC, because it turns out there is already code present in the game that can prevent specific assist trophies from being summoned under certain conditions.
#1336  December 23, 2018, 10:54:12 pm
  • "Nobody Blocks Block Man!"
  • The Ultimate Lurker
B-but....but there are a lot of Klaptraps in the DK games why would they do that?
I will forever refer to "Stands" as "Personas" and i will never be stoped
#1337  December 24, 2018, 12:38:00 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Klaptraps were only present in the first DKC game. The 2nd and 3rd had alternate versions being Klampon and Krimp respectively. I'm not sure if Klaptrap made appearances in side games.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1338  December 24, 2018, 12:43:58 am
    • USA
B-but....but there are a lot of Klaptraps in the DK games why would they do that?

To avoid confusion, perhaps?  The stage hazard Klaptraps move and behave differently to the AT ones.  Maybe they wanted to avoid players accidentally trying to attack a stage hazard and SD'ing themselves.

I was testing this out and it seems like there are actually quite a few instances of assist trophies being blocked from certain stages for balance reasons.  You can't summon the Squid Sisters on Jungle Japes either; I'm assuming it's because if the screen zoomed in like that it'd be way too easy to accidentally slip off a platform, hit the river, and instantly get KO'd before you can react.
#1339  December 25, 2018, 05:40:49 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#1340  December 25, 2018, 05:59:51 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
Could also be due to technical limitations.

Full list:
https://www.serebii.net/smashbrosultimate/assisttrophy.shtml

This information is... interesting for those who are still trying to make a case for potential fighters who are already assist trophies, to say the least. On one hand, if some assists can't even be summoned on certain stages for whatever reason, then it would be easy to not make them appear if their respective fighters are in action.

...On the other hand, let's not forget about Spirit Battles. I do not believe Spirits deconfirm fighters, but a lot of Spirit Battles do utilize Assist Trophies. If, say, the Ashley Assist Trophy is programmed to not appear if Ashley is in the battle, then what will happen if you use Ashley to fight the Ashley spirit? (I know, that sentence was confusing.) I'm sure the fix is easy (just give the Assist Trophy Color 2 if the fighter's Color 1 is being used?), but still.