YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden Legends (Read 195683 times)

Started by SaltAddict, March 12, 2017, 12:42:30 am
Share this topic:

Poll

Last character on new update?

Chiaotzu
1 (14.3%)
Bojack
0 (0%)
Dabura
3 (42.9%)
Fat Buu
1 (14.3%)
Nappa
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Super Butouden Legends
#41  April 02, 2017, 08:19:50 pm
    • Germany
That looks realy nice, it realy has this Retro SNES feeling.
#42  April 03, 2017, 11:39:07 pm
    • Portugal
Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:13:17 am by FastFlash
#43  April 08, 2017, 01:04:19 pm
    • Portugal
#44  April 08, 2017, 02:23:06 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Oh boy! I always loved Yamcha. Any chance you could let us in on what his moveset will be like? :)
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#45  April 08, 2017, 03:59:48 pm
    • Portugal
Oh boy! I always loved Yamcha. Any chance you could let us in on what his moveset will be like? :)

His moveset will be combo/short-range oriented. He will have dash punch that covers a lot of distance and cancels out projectiles, to get close to the opponent, and it also works as a combo finisher; he will also have an anti-air move that can chain into air combos and a dive kick that sets up juggles. If he ever needs to gain some distance, his backflip move makes him invulnerable to projectiles and can chain into his dash punch for counters. His wolf fang fist is pretty much an EX version of his dash punch. To balance out, his attacks don't cause much damage individually and he doesn't have any projectiles that don't use up the powerbar.
Hope I didn't spoil too much :mtongue:
#46  April 11, 2017, 06:54:34 pm
    • Germany
Since you are talking about balance how will you handle chars like Freezer, Broly, Cell and so on? will they be Boss Chars that are stronger than normal?
Or will you balance them for gameplay reasons? or will you do both, like a Normal version for Multiplayer and unselectable boss versions for the Story Mode? 
#47  April 11, 2017, 10:18:02 pm
    • Portugal
Since you are talking about balance how will you handle chars like Freezer, Broly, Cell and so on? will they be Boss Chars that are stronger than normal?
Or will you balance them for gameplay reasons? or will you do both, like a Normal version for Multiplayer and unselectable boss versions for the Story Mode? 

I'll balance them for game play reasons. I won't have a boss version for story mode, but what I might do is use some colour separation to add in some secret bosses (so, something like, defeat Freeza without loosing health in the first round and you'll fight Golden Freeza in the next one), still not sure though.
#48  April 16, 2017, 05:47:20 pm
    • Portugal

Pretty close to finish coding Broly!
#49  April 16, 2017, 06:31:11 pm
    • Germany
#50  April 17, 2017, 10:19:33 pm
    • Portugal
#51  April 19, 2017, 02:21:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
In the past ,we had load of DBZ games with characters clashing or overpowered characters because one crazy fan is almost in love with Broly SSJ6, or something...

But I actually LIKE your project, because it seems very classic and keep the same graphics type for all the characters and BG!
Keep it up! I'm hyped!
#52  April 20, 2017, 01:19:36 pm
    • Portugal
In the past ,we had load of DBZ games with characters clashing or overpowered characters because one crazy fan is almost in love with Broly SSJ6, or something...

But I actually LIKE your project, because it seems very classic and keep the same graphics type for all the characters and BG!
Keep it up! I'm hyped!

Thanks! :D

Finished that video of Broly. I really need to learn how to edit videos, because this one is kinda bad...

#53  April 21, 2017, 06:01:47 pm
    • Germany

The problem is that most of the big creators would not even try to make anything DBZ at this time, most of use only had the DBZME and DBZME2 chars as examples so most chars where based on them, many young creators just spriteswapped them, or others tried to make them compatible with DBZME2 chars, what in this case means to make them extremly overpowerd.

Keep it up! I'm hyped!

Same here, I realy like this project.  :).

Finished that video of Broly. I really need to learn how to edit videos, because this one is kinda bad...

It's good to see a Broly that is not based on the one by Necromancer but is it's own thing, I have to say even with this style he still looks quite Powerfull for a balanced char, how is the overall progress on your chars right now?
#54  April 21, 2017, 10:47:00 pm
    • Portugal
It's good to see a Broly that is not based on the one by Necromancer but is it's own thing, I have to say even with this style he still looks quite Powerfull for a balanced char, how is the overall progress on your chars right now?

Thanks, I tried to make him powerful but slow, to balance it out. As for progress on chars, all the characters I have showcased so far (except Gohan) are pretty much done, except for fixing any bugs that I might find. Working on Frieza now; after that, I'll finish Gohan. Once I have five new characters I'll probably release another demo :D

#55  April 21, 2017, 10:59:08 pm
    • Germany

Thanks, I tried to make him powerful but slow, to balance it out. As for progress on chars, all the characters I have showcased so far (except Gohan) are pretty much done, except for fixing any bugs that I might find. Working on Frieza now; after that, I'll finish Gohan. Once I have five new characters I'll probably release another demo :D

It's a good way to still have him Powerfull, btw. was that a Garou hitspark in the vid? ö.ö

And Nice to know that you made so much progress with the chars already.  ;D

Which Frieza sprite set are you using for your game? The SB1 100% Power one, or the slim one from BR? or some custom edited version?
Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:08:21 pm by Lichtbringer
#56  April 21, 2017, 11:19:55 pm
    • Portugal

It's a good way to still have him Powerfull, btw. was that a Garou hitspark in the vid? ö.ö

And Nice to know that you made so much progress with the chars already.  ;D

Which Frieza sprite set are you using for your game? The SB1 100% Power one, or the slim one from BR? or some custom edited version?

Eh, might have been. I have a ton of hitsparks/fx lying around in my computer and that one was one of them. I don't remember where it's from. :mtongue:

I'm actually using his Hyper Dimension sprite set, I just edited it a bit to fit in with the other characters. He actually fits in pretty well, I mostly just had to change the colours, since his HD sprites use five or six shades of colour, while the SB ones only use three or four.
#57  April 26, 2017, 05:40:26 pm
    • Portugal
Title screen concepts! Which one do you guys prefer?
#58  April 26, 2017, 07:24:45 pm
    • Germany
Title screen concepts! Which one do you guys prefer?

I prefer the second one, but I think the rocks maybe need a little work to look better.

The first one would look lazy since it is just a mix of DBZ SB 2 and DBZ HD mixed together.

And I don't know about the third one, it is something with Goku that irritates me, but I'm not sure what it is.
#59  April 28, 2017, 10:06:42 pm
    • Portugal
I prefer the second one, but I think the rocks maybe need a little work to look better.

The first one would look lazy since it is just a mix of DBZ SB 2 and DBZ HD mixed together.

And I don't know about the third one, it is something with Goku that irritates me, but I'm not sure what it is.

Yeah, I know the first one is lazy, but it looks the nicest to me. Second one feels too empty and I don't really like the third one that much. I'll see if I can add some stuff to the second one to make it less empty... The rocks will get fixed up if I do make it; these are just concepts so some things will look a bit rough.

Select screen concept:

Credit to dbznut for shenron sprite.
#60  April 30, 2017, 02:30:19 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
I think the second is the best one, though i think it should have the shading of the first one