YesNoOk

Unused content in chars/etc (Read 8396 times)

Started by PotS, September 02, 2007, 04:30:04 pm
Share this topic:
Unused content in chars/etc
#1  September 02, 2007, 04:30:04 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Have you ever gone through the trouble of adding a move/system/whatever to one of your creations, only to remove it later? And I don't mean quick tests, but things that were initially meant to stay.

Here's what I can recall about mine:

Pocket Shin Gouki
- Selectable normal and Shin modes

Guy
- Kick super à la Chun-Li's Hoyoku Sen
- Punch super where first he'd land an elbow strike then do a bunch of rapid punches like in Final Fight 3. Poorly executed so I got rid of it

Ryu
- 3 levels for each super
- Aerial Shinkuu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

Shin Gouki
- A super similar to Ryuuko Ranbu, with 3 different finishing styles depending on whether you mashed punch buttons (quick Shin Shoryuken), kick buttons (flaming Shinkuu Tatsumaki) or neither (standing fierce, I think)
- Hadouken beam. I think I removed it to give it to Evil Ryu or something
- Messatsu Gou Shoryuu had flames and Messatsu Gou Rasen had electricity

Lei-Lei
- You could enable/disable super pauses in a config file

Dan
- A super that'd start like Ryuuko Ranbu but Dan would trip and fall on the opponent instead of comboing. Lame, recently removed

Yuri
- Max version of the Hien Rekkou
- Denjin Haoh Shoukouken

Karin
- Super elbow strike that dizzied the opponent
- Super throw that'd lead to a satellite cutscene, then that beam
- Super diving kick that did multiple hits on the way down and a finishing kick as she landed
- Aerial Kou'ou Ken

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember when I look at the chars, and also the most interesting ones. Anyone else tends to get rid of stuff just like that?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:44:47 am by R[E]ika
Re: Unused or cancelled content in chars/etc
#2  September 02, 2007, 04:39:15 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Terry Bogard
Went far as to completing the C-groove and A-groove (plus the bars and tech's),then quit and used a much simpler Capcom,Snk and EX grooves like CVS1.
#3  September 02, 2007, 05:28:30 pm
  • THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY EYESIGHT
    • https://www.artstation.com/rikard
Bah, I'm posting them, no one will care about them since what Mugen is about is SUPER SAIYAJIN LEVEL 68 OROCHI VIOLENT SAKURA, not original characters.

Megumi
She was supposed to have a different moveset when chosen with Start. I went as far as making edits and started coding it, then got bored of it -  but I still have the altered version on my HD. I might make  a video of it just to piss people off.

Eiji
The gay teleport thing. It will be removed as soon as I find the time to update his sprites.

Mika
Three words: Fullscreen G.L. . Also, she had a healing super that was removed leaving place for her counter.

Sachiel
He was supposed to be a 'normal' character, not a boss. Most of the stuff done for the 'normal' version was scrapped.
https://www.artstation.com/rikard
triggerall = Win && numhelper(180) = 0 && time = 0 && (stateno = 180) && matchover
HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNNECESSARY TRIGGERS
#4  September 02, 2007, 05:36:27 pm
Bah, I'm posting them, no one will care about them since what Mugen is about is SUPER SAIYAJIN LEVEL 68 OROCHI VIOLENT SAKURA, not original characters.

Megumi
She was supposed to have a different moveset when chosen with Start. I went as far as making edits and started coding it, then got bored of it -  but I still have the altered version on my HD. I might make  a video of it just to piss people off.

Eiji
The gay teleport thing. It will be removed as soon as I find the time to update his sprites.

Mika
Three words: Fullscreen G.L. . Also, she had a healing super that was removed leaving place for her counter.

Sachiel
He was supposed to be a 'normal' character, not a boss. Most of the stuff done for the 'normal' version was scrapped.

I care, i truly do.
\"oohwhap\" said:
dont requset my chars tey r prevet
#5  September 02, 2007, 05:44:52 pm
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Gizmo
-A super, which involved getting wet, and spawning other mogwai.

Hauzer
-An earthquake special (with effects), that I coined Catastrophe.
-A custom super, which I removed prior to his release.
-Partial, super armor (like that of Warzard).

Honestly, the only character that turned out exactly as I envisioned him, was Gyeron.  Who knows...in time, I might decide to follow through with these ideas.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#6  September 02, 2007, 06:14:57 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
I have such experience. I did this a lot in my Seriour Kyo. Well, I've recently redone his command buffering. That includes not only .cns, the whole .cmd was redone. All of his moves and stuff were changing as my vision of him changed.
#7  September 02, 2007, 07:09:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i keep the actual move's code in, but comment it out in the cmd file. the first thing i remember is osakura's fatal fury style plane shifting, which, for some weird reason mugen's ai still managed to trigger, making her able to beat necro's broli by pure luck when she managed to get a hit then plane shift until the time ran out. aonther one i remember is a complete garou densetsu mode for terryx, esakura was as far as having all the shoto specials that i coded by memory and feeling just to test the custom commands code. more cently blair dame got a guard break thingie which is a mix of rumble fish and kof neowave.

MCX

#8  September 03, 2007, 04:31:26 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
#9  September 03, 2007, 09:31:53 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Hmm, I don't think I have anything like that; everything I implemented was intentional and have no reason whatsoever to be removed.

...except with BBH.  If I could be bothered, I'd go back and modify/remove all of her unnecessary extra shit.  All of it.  Well, except for her seeking missiles super; I still like that one.

But meh, I can't be bothered...

Anyways.  BBH aside, my statement still stands.  I suppose the closest thing related here would be a super I was planning to make for Yoma but was unable to due to time constraints.  The only traces that this imaginary super existed are a bunch of unused voice samples and even then, they could be used for anything else.

Who knows?  Maybe one day, I'll go back and finally use those voice samples.....
#10  September 03, 2007, 09:55:26 am
    • Peru
My problem is not adding extra content, but actually finishing the basic work :/
#11  September 03, 2007, 04:55:09 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
But you've taken the time to complete a character whereas I haven't. :-\

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#12  September 03, 2007, 05:20:33 pm
    • Peru
I think I'm going to turn into a Stage God, they take less time :P
#13  September 04, 2007, 09:27:24 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#14  September 07, 2007, 12:11:03 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#15  September 07, 2007, 06:15:25 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
I was gonna put the Vic Viper in my Crystal Labyrinth stage somewhere, but never got around to it. I think the sprites are in the SFF.
#16  September 09, 2007, 06:33:56 pm
  • Am I evil?
God Rugal
- Wanted to add the Dead End Screamer hyper. Lacked sprites and motivation to add it.
- Add the 6-hit rush attack that he has as Omega Rugal (at least in 98). Just for pure lazyness I didn't add it.

Violent Ken
- Shinkuu Hadouken  :sugoi:.
- Many random ideas I thought of but were plainly stupid or out of character.

The Last Blade Stage that has lightning and leaves blowing.
- REALLY wanted to add the big lightning that appears and destroys a rock (like in LB). Maybe I'll add it in the future.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#17  September 09, 2007, 08:13:47 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Reiji Oyama:
-PalFX when Flying Dragon Punch and Thunder Ball hits the opponent. Didn't fit the character, that's why I let them his classic sprites for a classic look
-Martial Trick, that grab in PI2 and power in Matrimelee. Inspiration lacks, as his sprites

Shura:
-Tiger Kick was more like a Tatsumaki, but I replaced what is more like WHP. Now I have to finish it, since this move is incomplete
-WHP FX sprites. Simply I don't like it, I prefer classic ones

XXX:
-A Shin/God/Evil mode, more powerful than normal one. I prefer to make a patch with new moves than a powerful version of the same (erasing Shin XXX patch from my page, don't download him)
-A Shun Goku Satsu move, I prefer use it as a normal grab as he has now
-More palettes

Dean:
-More moves
-His grab, since never work his idea. Maybe when I can rip them well his grab sprites, I'll make them for him

Eric - Unperfect Shotoklone:
This one I don't released yet, but he had details he won't have in his final version
-Replace old sprite edits (that's from 3 years ago aprox.) with new ones I make in this time
-Add SFA stuff, since he already has this type of sprites, I don't need more about this game
-like LotF said with his Violent Ken
- Many random ideas I thought of but were plainly stupid or out of character.

Lupin Sansei:
Same as Eric, many stuff he had and won't have in his release
-Sparks from various Megaman X games, very odd make them to 2x like Lupin, I prefer sparks from another games
-Various ideas I deleted
-For now, making a 1x/pocket version of him in his release (maybe in the future)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#18  September 10, 2007, 06:22:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
last 2 posts.

this is NOT for stuff you plan/planned to add to your character, but for stuff that you already put there and just disabled for whatever reason.
#19  September 11, 2007, 05:11:25 am
  • Am I evil?
last 2 posts.

this is NOT for stuff you plan/planned to add to your character, but for stuff that you already put there and just disabled for whatever reason.
Actually, the thread title says unused (what you mention) AND cancelled (what we mentioned) content. So our posts are very valid. Thread title ambiguosity owns joo, [E].

Sig made by TempesT :)
#20  September 11, 2007, 05:21:05 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
in kirby
a falcon punch
a roy/marth like move w/ the sword
a camera that zoomed in on kirby when he was close to his opponent
worked w/ kamekaze on adding a percentile system, never got off his comp though
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan