YesNoOk

Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ? (Read 79601 times)

Started by Warner, April 28, 2008, 09:31:53 am

Poll

Share Reu's Evil Homer or not to share it ?

PRIVATE (nobody can have it )
28 (23%)
ONLY IF REQUEST ME by MAIL
9 (7.4%)
SHARE TO EVERYBODY
85 (69.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: May 03, 2008, 11:48:33 pm

Re: Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ?
#181  April 30, 2008, 04:55:46 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Warner why did you make this thread? You do realize that majority of people will say yes and most if not all your haters will say no.
Two words: ATTENTION WHORE!

I mean just look at his reaction when a normal user told him to keep the character private:
I disagree with the topic of releasing it
i just dont think its right  :-\
I mean its not that hard to code a character all you need to do is learn
it didnt take me long
Im voting private  :P

that's your reason ?
Listen kid, i know to code.
after making this i released some chars with my own code:
The thing, Leela, Peter Griffin, Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Big Chicken, Fred Flinstone.
nobody say anything about it.
I clearly said why i use Reu code for this one, and this is the last time i use code of someone else, i don't need to do that anymore.

It seems that after so much time of receiving mindless praise he finally got so full of himself he actually started beleiving he was really awesome.

Me too.
C´mon! The Warner´s work are excellent.
He not need steal work.
He know a lot of MUGEN.

No matter the outcome of this poll Warner is going to release it, he already said he doesn't care what people who dislike his work say and he doesn't seem to care what normal people who don't feed his ego have to say either.
#182  April 30, 2008, 05:27:13 pm
second, i can't code.

[glow=red,2,300]well, learn to code regardless of what you release[/glow], bitch! anybody can learn it. or have somebody create code for ya. there are tutorials.

man oh man, is so funny when you say "tribute to reu". if you hadnt said THAT in the FIRST place, nobody would have given such a huge shit about what you  release, and whose code you use.
#183  April 30, 2008, 07:30:37 pm
  • THANK YOU FOR RUINING MY EYESIGHT
    • https://www.artstation.com/rikard
nobody would have given such a huge shit about what you  release, and whose code you use.

I would. :( Seeing such a bad use of sprites that have potential is enough to make the spriter in me to cry. I don't like the fact that a potentially good character will end up playing like (literally) a carbon copy of Evil Ken. If I wanted something to play like Evil Ken, I'd just go with Evil Ken, not with Papa Simpson in a devil suit.

WHAT THE HELL AM I SAYING I AM SOUNDING LIKE I HAVE SOME SENSE IN MY MIND GGGGGGGGGGJ WARNER  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
https://www.artstation.com/rikard
triggerall = Win && numhelper(180) = 0 && time = 0 && (stateno = 180) && matchover
HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNNECESSARY TRIGGERS
#184  April 30, 2008, 08:34:17 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
this is the last time i use code of someone else, i don't need to do that anymore.

That is great to hear. And if you won't stand by that in the future, I will personally ban you from here, Warner. :) Having a thread like this one once is enough.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)

OZ

#185  April 30, 2008, 10:20:16 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#186  April 30, 2008, 10:24:30 pm
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#187  April 30, 2008, 10:39:43 pm
  • eVil smile
    • www.freewebs.com/toutsurgaelik/
SHARE IT CAUSE I LOVE IT !

I hate people who spam this "copyright" which s*** my b*** ! S***, IT'S A [glow=red,2,300]FREEWARE[/glow][/i][/u] ! WE CAN DO EVERYTHING WE WANT AND REU HAS RIPPED SPRITES LIKE YOU GUYS ! But he modified somes and has done a more original Ken, BUT HE RIPPED SPRITES FROM A GAME WHICH DOESN'T BELONG TO HIM AND CAPCOM & SNK WERE AGAINST IT BEFORE !!! MUGEN WOULD BE DEAD IF THEY STILL FORBADE IT, SO

[glow=red,2,300]STOP BLAMMING OTHER CREATORS OR EDITORS YOU DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING ![/glow]

If you don't agree then try to create ALL by yourself like Warner (without this exception) and P*** O** !!!

If I wanted something to play like Evil Ken, I'd just go with Evil Ken, not with Papa Simpson in a devil suit.

And if you wanna HAVE FUN ?
Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:47:12 pm by Gaelik
#188  April 30, 2008, 10:49:41 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If you don't agree then try to create ALL by yourself like Warner (without this exception)
What about his other 4 exceptions?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

OZ

#189  April 30, 2008, 10:54:01 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
Why did you censor the word off?

And why are people starting to use [glow=red,2,300]BIG BOLD RED FONT?[/glow]
ಠ_ಠ
#190  April 30, 2008, 11:08:59 pm
  • eVil smile
    • www.freewebs.com/toutsurgaelik/
If you don't agree then try to create ALL by yourself like Warner (without this exception)
What about his other 4 exceptions?

Cause this one is a sprite swap so he uses Reu's codes. The others creations are more originals.

Why did you censor the word off?

And why are people starting to use BIG BOLD RED FONT?

Cause I don't wanna be very vulgar (but some people don't understand another language... I'm joking ;P !) and [glow=red,2,300]CAUSE I FANCY IT ![/glow] ;D
#191  April 30, 2008, 11:12:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#192  April 30, 2008, 11:18:16 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
From page 1

(Big Eli -> Wario) mutliple times (Birdie -> Krusty) to make up for inadequacy (NGPC Luigi -> Warner's Luigi) in the ability to code (Iori -> Homer)

Thats 4 characters he's essentially swapped. Yes the sprites are original, that's cool and we're willing to respect that. But if he's going to sprite swap and then act like he CAN code it's a completely different matter.

If he can't code, why not put the sprites out there and let someone who CAN make a decent job of them?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

OZ

#193  April 30, 2008, 11:27:02 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
He's worried that the coder will take the glory, perhaps.
ಠ_ಠ
#194  April 30, 2008, 11:37:23 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
WE CAN DO EVERYTHING WE WANT
Of course you CAN, the question is whether it's appropriate or not. As I've said in the past, the Mugen "rights" topic is not an issue of legality, it's an issue of not being a jerk.
And if you wanna HAVE FUN ?
If I wanted to have fun, I'd make my own character. And of course, said character would end up getting ripped off by someone off just like the rest...
#195  April 30, 2008, 11:44:18 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think he meant that like you need to swap Ken's sprites with Homers to make the char fun, because we all know Evil Ken is such a dull char.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#196  April 30, 2008, 11:55:36 pm
Man, drama rules. Especially pointless drama.
#197  May 01, 2008, 02:29:22 am
  • Veamos chicas!
    • El Salvador
Well, Thanks to everybody who voted.

Bastard change my words, i said in spanish, everything the people decide i follow it.
now the people voted to share this char. and i'm going to do that.
if most people  voted to i do private the char, i'll never share it
That why i did this poll, to people in this community decide.

The people who voted to share it, tomorrow can find this char available in my site, also updates from several chars i did before.
i think people dislike this char don't go to download it, then i finish this, right now.

Thanks
No estaba muerto
#198  May 01, 2008, 12:19:19 pm
  • SAWNIKBEWM
    • Netherlands
    • Skype - tjmthomas
    • www.reubenkee.com
Pretty pointless topic since you know there are far more leechers that will go "GIVEMEGIVEMEGIVEME" than people that actually make something.

Like i said before, if you want to release it, it's your choice, but i as a mugen institute member i do not support this in any way, Reu would not have wanted someone to near completely copy and slightely adjust one of his creations to make a carbon copy out of it.

Further more, making a "Funny" edit as a suposed Homage to someone who died.... just no.

But hey, it's your choice, all this topic was for was for you to get replies from leechers saying you should release it to suposedly justify your choice of releasing it.

Anyway, you ARE disrespecting Reu this way, regardless of what anyone says or whatever you suposedly think.
#199  May 02, 2008, 05:41:09 pm
  • SNK is life
You are emo. Who locked this BTW?
#200  May 02, 2008, 11:55:51 pm
warner did