YesNoOk

Morrigan Aensland + Rock Howard Update (Read 34362 times)

Started by DW, June 10, 2014, 09:17:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Morrigan Aensland
#21  June 11, 2014, 02:55:29 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Awesome release, and it was really quick! xD
Ah, and Finishing Shower is working fine for me :P

DW

#22  June 11, 2014, 03:00:45 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Thanks for another wonderful share! :)

No problem. Thank you for testing and feedback. I appreciate it.

Very nice gameplay and very nice sprites!!
Thanks for sharing!!

By the way,do you plan extra voice use for example MVC3 or TVC Japanese voice?

Thanks. I addressed this in the ReadMe, though I'll reply to this one time only. Yes, I have her TvC voices and it is likely I'll make an alt snd file using them. I'm actually hoping someone else saves me the trouble though, by making it before I consider getting around to it. :P

For some reason I can't do Finishing Shower at all.

And why does Lilith still use a vocal from VS when there's Cross Edge English voices available now?

Please refer to the ReadMe... :-\ FS can ONLY be performed in Arranged mode.

As for the Lilith voice; It's just what I had available to me/had knowledge of at the time. I'll give them a sample and see how they sound. Can you direct to said Cross Edge voices please?

@Everyone Else

Thanks for the support.
#23  June 11, 2014, 03:18:20 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)

DW

#24  June 11, 2014, 03:24:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
No problem and thanks. I'll see about adding the CE Lilith voice, if I like it.
#25  June 11, 2014, 04:10:41 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Shame I didn't get to give any feedback (I did fire up the beta), but congrats on the release :)

DW

#26  June 11, 2014, 04:38:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
^It's all good mang. Thanks for taking the time to test her. I appreciate it.

Morrigan and Rock updated:

=6/11/2014=

Morrigan:

-Replaced Lilith's Darkstalkers voices with Cross Edge English voices

Rock:

-Updated his win detection triggers so now if you finish p2 with RS/SK/DR, the corresponding winpose will activate for Turns mode. Also fixed a bug where if p2 landed behind him for said winposes, he wouldn't turn around to face them.

EDIT:

OMG, I didn't expect this release, it's gorgeous :heart: thank you so much man for the release!!

PS: Are you planned to make more Li Kun's WIPs in a future??

Sorry, I had overlooked this when responding earlier. Thanks and no problem. As for me working with Li Kun again in the future; IDK. Maybe, I can't really say for certain right now. Though, I'd definitely be willing to work with him again, for a project I'd be interested in.
Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:46:42 pm by DW
Re: Morrigan Aensland + Rock Howard Update
#27  June 11, 2014, 07:54:19 pm
  • SCARLET NEEDLE!!!!
Found a bug:

Always happens when using Soul Fist (a moveless bat + no hits) and Soul Phoenix in corners

Happened while using mugen 1.1.

Btw, I´ve changed deafult portraits to PNG - using Fighter Factory 3 -  for CVS 3 V2 screenpack (didn´t test in other environments and haven´t changed a thing in coding, only the sff. Still brainstorming how to make palettes work again)

#28  June 11, 2014, 08:32:37 pm
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
DivineWolf has stated that he doesn't care for 1.1.  So, I think it' safe to assume that unless this affects WinMugen or Mugen1.0, this will not be fixed.
#29  June 11, 2014, 09:54:19 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
It works fine on 1.0.

DW

#30  June 11, 2014, 11:40:58 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
DivineWolf has stated that he doesn't care for 1.1.  So, I think it' safe to assume that unless this affects WinMugen or Mugen1.0, this will not be fixed.

^Pretty much this. To be more clear on the matter though, I'm going to start addressing this point in future releases and ReadMes. From this point on, anything 1.1 related brought up to me will be ignored. Thanks for speaking on my behalf why I wasn't here.

Found a bug:

Always happens when using Soul Fist (a moveless bat + no hits) and Soul Phoenix in corners

Btw, I´ve changed deafult portraits to PNG - using Fighter Factory 3 -  for CVS 3 V2 screenpack (didn´t test in other environments and haven´t changed a thing in coding, only the sff. Still brainstorming how to make palettes work again)

It'd only be a bug if the char was intended to be used in 1.1/stage zooming. The issue is due to stage zooming features of 1.1. If you play in a normal stage, you won't have the issue. Soul Fist/Phoenix will destroy themselves based on their x position in the stage. Stages like the one you have their exceed the bounds of them, hence why that happens when you're full length of the stage. This happens with lots of chars, because lots of chars' projectiles/helpers are coded for normal stage bounds. Last time I'm going to speak on this. I do not like 1.1. I do not have 1.1. I will NOT make any accommodations for my chars for 1.1(at least not anytime soon...). I know you didn't mess with any code, it's fine. I appreciate the concern all the same.
Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:47:12 pm by DW

NoZ

#31  June 11, 2014, 11:52:26 pm
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Found myself really enjoying this Morrigan,the sprites are sexy,but we already know that,the gameplay is so smooth,the only thing I would add would be a mode selection before the fight starts,holding start works too but the mode selection is more practical,totally cosmetic but it would be nice,great job on her to both you an Li Kun

DW

#32  June 12, 2014, 12:00:08 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm good on that, but I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks for the support.
#33  June 12, 2014, 12:01:49 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Pretty solid character,You worked like clockwork on this project lol. I dont have much suggestions/feedback seeing how i never played a darkstalkers game =/.
http://www.twitch.tv/zer0degr33z

I sometimes stream MUGEN. Join me!
#34  June 12, 2014, 12:04:40 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I've made two more palettes for her. I hope you don't mind if I post them here, Mr Wolf?

DW

#35  June 12, 2014, 12:08:46 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Pretty solid character,You worked like clockwork on this project lol. I dont have much suggestions/feedback seeing how i never played a darkstalkers game =/.

It's all good. Thanks. It really didn't happen as fast as many of you think though lol.

I've made two more palettes for her. I hope you don't mind if I post them here, Mr Wolf?

Not at all sir. Thanks.
#36  June 12, 2014, 12:15:25 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Yea im aware that you most likely worked on this char behind the scenes and whatnot, it just felt quick lol.
http://www.twitch.tv/zer0degr33z

I sometimes stream MUGEN. Join me!
#37  June 12, 2014, 05:05:46 am
  • SCARLET NEEDLE!!!!

^Pretty much this. To be more clear on the matter though, I'm going to start addressing this point in future releases and ReadMes. From this point on, anything 1.1 related brought up to me will be ignored. Thanks for speaking on my behalf why I wasn't here.

Found a bug:

It'd only be a bug if the char was intended to be used in 1.1/stage zooming. The issue is due to stage zooming features of 1.1. If you play in a normal stage, you won't have the issue. Soul Fist/Phoenix will destroy themselves based on their x position in the stage. Stages like the one you have their exceed the bounds of them, hence why that happens when you're full length of the stage. This happens with lots of chars, because lots of chars' projectiles/helpers are coded for normal stage bounds. Last time I'm going to speak on this. I do not like 1.1. I do not have 1.1. I will NOT make any accommodations for my chars for 1.1(at least not anytime soon...). I know you didn't mess with any code, it's fine. I appreciate the concern all the same.

I didn´t know about your decision, since I haven´t seen anything related to that till now.

Thank you for the support! Amazing work in this conversion, as always ^^
#38  June 12, 2014, 05:23:30 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling

DW

#39  June 12, 2014, 05:25:14 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#40  June 12, 2014, 11:24:53 am
  • Was it something I said?
Really nice Morrigan, however, it seems when you parry Darkness Illusion with herself, she still goes into the the phase where she thinks she hurt the opponent.

Edit: Now all we need is Demitri, and the Darkstalkers part of the CvS3 series would be complete. XD