YesNoOk

{HELP v1.1} How can I install this screenpack? (Read 2106 times)

Started by Medievalman22, March 03, 2017, 10:23:31 pm
Share this topic:
{HELP v1.1} How can I install this screenpack?
#1  March 03, 2017, 10:23:31 pm
  • Some mugen noob
    • Australia
Hello, I'm new to this site and have already encountered some trouble right after downloading mugen. Please help ;-;
==========================================================
This is what I've done so far by following this guide - http://matmutpage.free.fr/sp_tut.htm
- Downloaded and extracted the "capcom multiverse cgf screenpack.rar" file into a new folder called "cmc" in Data.
- I cannot use the "Go to program (mugen.exe) -> command line, then add the following: "-r [name of the folder]".
- So instead I used the alternative method where I opened mugen.cfg in Data and changed "motif = data/system.def" to "motif = data/cmc/system.def".
This did not work and came up with this when launching mugen.exe:
Error detected.

Can't open data/cmc/system.def
Error loading system data: data/cmc/system.def

Clipboard tail:
Reading configuration file...Setting language "en".
OK
Initializing timer...performance timer enabled...frequency 1790362...OK
Initializing keyboard...configuring...OK
Initializing input engine...OK
Initializing sound...OK
Initializing BGM...  OK
Initializing graphics...gameCoord 1280x720...render mode 2_20...trying 1280x720x32 mode 0x0...success...OK
Setting callbacks...OK
Initializing font...OK
Initializing game variables...OK
Session RNG seed is 1488575812
Loading system fonts...OK
Loading options...
Initializing pads...failed
Reinitializing input engine...OK
Remapping keys...OK
Options loaded OK
Loading system...
  Load system file system.def...
Can someone write a detailed guide on how to install this motif/screenpack?
Re: {HELP v1.1} How can I install this screenpack?
#2  March 05, 2017, 04:05:38 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Hello, I'm new to this site and have already encountered some trouble right after downloading mugen. Please help ;-;
This is what I've done so far by following this guide - http://matmutpage.free.fr/sp_tut.htm
- Downloaded and extracted the "capcom multiverse cgf screenpack.rar" file into a new folder called "cmc" in Data.
- I cannot use the "Go to program (mugen.exe) -> command line, then add the following: "-r [name of the folder]".
- So instead I used the alternative method where I opened mugen.cfg in Data and changed "motif = data/system.def" to "motif = data/cmc/system.def".
This did not work and came up with this when launching mugen.exe:
Error detected.

Can't open data/cmc/system.def
Error loading system data: data/cmc/system.def

Clipboard tail:
Reading configuration file...Setting language "en".
OK
Initializing timer...performance timer enabled...frequency 1790362...OK
Initializing keyboard...configuring...OK
Initializing input engine...OK
Initializing sound...OK
Initializing BGM...  OK
Initializing graphics...gameCoord 1280x720...render mode 2_20...trying 1280x720x32 mode 0x0...success...OK
Setting callbacks...OK
Initializing font...OK
Initializing game variables...OK
Session RNG seed is 1488575812
Loading system fonts...OK
Loading options...
Initializing pads...failed
Remapping keys...OK
Options loaded OK
Loading system...
  Load system file system.def...
Can someone write a detailed guide on how to install this motif/screenpack?
wow that the oldest of them all  a screen pack guide that matmut made the guide for HIS own Screen pack.

but Im not sure if you want to use capcom multiverse screen pack to over right Matmut screen pack into the duracelleur 's capcom multiverse screenpack and can cause a bit of confusion and errors .

Im not 100% sure if you wanting to use matmut screen pack in general.............but.... I made quick video guide for you on how to use matmut 's last blade screen pack and his life bars that come with it :)

also is always good to find screen pack that are pre made for you In this case I thinks  duracelleur 's capcom multiverse screenpack already pre build but Im not 100% sure on that so dont quote me on it hehe. but when come down to its is always good to find out. I just hope this quick guide help you understand how to setup Motif folder type screen pack :)

Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:37:28 am by OldGamer
#3  March 05, 2017, 05:33:02 am
  • Some mugen noob
    • Australia
Thank you, I wasn't expecting this to be answered in such short notice. The game is now working and I'm going to start putting more characters into it, if I come back asking how to do that don't be surprised.
#4  March 05, 2017, 07:21:13 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Thank you, I wasn't expecting this to be answered in such short notice. The game is now working and I'm going to start putting more characters into it, if I come back asking how to do that don't be surprised.
your welcome Medievalman22 :D and just keep asking question if you need more help :) you ether private message me or post your problem on here. but keep in mind that I cant help you with character coding issues. I am just old man that know how to create screen packs and mugen stages backgrounds :)