YesNoOk

Pokémon Masters (Read 8170 times)

Started by Umezono, August 29, 2019, 06:34:03 pm
Share this topic:
Pokémon Masters
#1  August 29, 2019, 06:34:03 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Discuss the new Pokémon waifu gacha here, that dropped just now for iOS and Android

It’s git a simplistic battle system but it also gives personality and a lot of backstory to the Pokémon gym leaders finally

Behold the only pull I got worth anything so far- bird waifu

Re: Pokémon Masters
#2  August 29, 2019, 07:19:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I would discuss on a first-hand account, if it was possible to even obtain.  Apparently it only works on higher-up phone models, 64-bit and whatnot.  So I can play Pokémon Go after the last phone upgrade, but can't even look this up without another upgrade.  C'est la vie.  Guess I'm missing out on this.  Though this seems to be a common occurrence on their social media platforms from customers, and apparently that Harry Potter Pokémon Go knock-off had a similar issue for a week before it suddenly worked on everyone's phones so....here's hoping?

Mainly just curious if they intend to have Red actually speak and what the hell do they intend for the practically non-existent in the canon character Kris, both of which they like to wave around in their advertisements.  Gameplay looks passible if nothing exciting and I'm not looking to collect people.  Not even sure which continuity this intends to follow, Gen 2 age Red with Megas?  Guess it's safe to assume its doing its own thing, that tends to be the case with everything Red and Blue post Gen 2.
#3  August 29, 2019, 07:23:40 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well they’re giving chars like Rosa and Brendan more fleshed out personalities so Kris getting a personality is another welcome addition. Haven’t gotten to Red yet
#4  August 29, 2019, 07:37:23 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah right now Karen, Rosa, and a few others are the best right now. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't focus on PvP, which is kinda good since said top trainers can be a threat when use right. It does help to have a good set-up of tank, attacker, and support.
#5  August 29, 2019, 08:00:08 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
This game is the greediest piece of shit gatcha I've ever seen. It's launch day and they're already demanding money from you with a paid GSSR unlike every other gatcha that gives a you a free 10-roll just by starting the game. The daily discount draw is also paid only. The gems you get in the actual game are so damn low clearing all of the current story only nets you a single 10-roll. If you do already get all that what you are left with are just 10 gems from missions and 30 gems from the daily mission.

They even had the decency to make evolution requirements much much grindier by making the evolution shards/stone requirements cost more. They literally gave a fuck you to everyone who didn't play the beta.
#6  August 30, 2019, 12:06:01 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
This game is the greediest piece of shit gatcha I've ever seen. It's launch day and they're already demanding money from you with a paid GSSR unlike every other gatcha that gives a you a free 10-roll just by starting the game. The daily discount draw is also paid only. The gems you get in the actual game are so damn low clearing all of the current story only nets you a single 10-roll. If you do already get all that what you are left with are just 10 gems from missions and 30 gems from the daily mission.

They even had the decency to make evolution requirements much much grindier by making the evolution shards/stone requirements cost more. They literally gave a fuck you to everyone who didn't play the beta.
Ive spent no money and im not even halfway through the story and ive already made enough crystals to roll 11 different trainers, its pretty easy to get gems through the story alone, and there was the 1000 gem login bonus, so small comforts I guess
#7  August 30, 2019, 12:38:21 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I personally am not expecting anything worthwhile on its own to play out of it, just character fluff that would be better off in the actual games but nothing on the level of the Pokémon Adventures manga anyways.  It's just a venue to show off the people in 3D for those who weren't beforehand.  And ironically show up Sword and Shield on the animation department.  Oops.  I can not say I'm surprised that it's at all a terrible showing as a gatcha game, if that is truly the case.

But said fluff I am curious about, Pokémon lore is interesting if nothing else.  They do know how to hook you on tidbits on Mega Evolution's drawbacks, the strange globe they function on that includes both our real world continents and their additional made-up ones and the such.
#8  August 30, 2019, 06:56:13 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

Ive spent no money and im not even halfway through the story and ive already made enough crystals to roll 11 different trainers, its pretty easy to get gems through the story alone, and there was the 1000 gem login bonus, so small comforts I guess

The story only gives you 30 and 10 gems. Meaning you'll have to play more than a 100 unique story chapters to even reach a 10-roll. That's extremely low for a gatcha game. Not even DeNA's first game FFRK was this greedy and that game was also horrible when it launched.