(Im)Balance stuff (Read 18147 times)

Started by Cybaster, June 19, 2008, 10:05:05 am
Share this topic:
(Im)Balance stuff
#1  June 19, 2008, 10:05:05 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The power return values might be accurate. I just got finished watching some CvS2 vids. I'd say though, that as it concerns Mugen, they are still pretty cheap.  :-\
Do you realize you're talking about balance in Mugen ?
Re: (Im)Balance stuff
#2  June 19, 2008, 11:39:37 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357

hjk

#3  June 19, 2008, 01:08:55 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
The power return values might be accurate. I just got finished watching some CvS2 vids. I'd say though, that as it concerns Mugen, they are still pretty cheap.  :-\
Do you realize you're talking about balance in Mugen ?
Yes, I do. I'm really making this post because as I recall it, PotS is a major porponent of Balance in Mugen (he's got some topics here that seem to be on that point), and this stuff doesn't seem too balanced to me. Yes, I understand that this would be sacrificing accuracy for Balance, and I know that Balance a hard thing to achieve in Mugen, but what my last post is really challenging is the fact that PotS said:
For both the AI and the Human missing a Hyper has very little consequence because literally 3 attacks later they can pull on again.
I'm assuming you based this one on Sakura as well, because she does get a lot of power from her Shououken's load of hits. Don't see any other moves that can fill the bar that quickly though.
Also consider how much damage a char can dish out with one bar before saying they charge too fast/slow, for instance my chars get one stock faster than a KOF char, but also deal less damage with their supers.
I'm saying the damage value is still pretty cheap, however accurate it may be  :-\. I'm also challenging the balance he seems to be talking about. Basides, tehre are many KOF creators who actively limit their Hyper Damage for teh sake of balance, actually, I believe that it is most of them that do that.

I think all this video thing is quite ridiculous....IMHO
Whats Power Return Value?
If its returning power ina  Super, that is kinda cheap.
Yes, the Power Returnrate from when basic/special attacks hit, giving the char power toward a Hyper/Super.
And thank you guys for the posts on your opinions.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:15:01 pm by Bistard Wolf
#4  June 19, 2008, 01:47:10 pm
many KOF creators who actively limit their Hyper Damage for teh sake of balance
Elaborate?
#5  June 19, 2008, 02:13:32 pm
    • France
By KOF creators, I hope you mean either : Vans, OrochiKOF97, Sander71113, IronMugen, K.O.D (and maybe 2 or 3 more). Any other creator will be disregarded.
Also, the balancing you're talking about may very well be coming from this, as POTS is one of the only creators which uses the p2defmul parameter.

hjk

#6  June 19, 2008, 05:26:47 pm
    • Afghanistan
many KOF creators who actively limit their Hyper Damage for teh sake of balance
Elaborate?
By KOF creators, I hope you mean either : Vans, OrochiKOF97, Sander71113, IronMugen, K.O.D (and maybe 2 or 3 more). Any other creator will be disregarded.
Also, the balancing you're talking about may very well be coming from this, as POTS is one of the only creators which uses the p2defmul parameter.
- BTW I checked these with Mugen at 100% Health -
If we are taking this from Hyper Damage then... I had quite a few after looking at some vids, but what's with the creator cap you put on? Anyway of those you left me with:
KOD (only for his level 1s and 2s besides the Power Stream) and Sander(not in Hypers) have limited damage, and looking over some XI stuff, I think Vans' values are accurate and are still very limited. It looks to me like in certain KOF (/SvC) games the damage got a major reduction. Anyway, I believe that Sepp took down some of the SvC hyper damage (assuming Sepp creates for accuracy). JZ also seems to have limited his stuff and yes, he merges KOF and CvS accuracy IIRC, but it seems as though he approve of damage limitations.

Now if we take it from how much damage the character takes focusing on Basics and Specials ignoring Hypers that list is increased by quite a load if we take CvS, KOF, SvC, etc. with KOD, Sander, Vans, and all the rest of teh creators I can't list. BTW, focuisng on this, the damage on PotS chars is HUGE.

But REALLY I want to be able to list the rest of the creator's whose damage is more balanced IMO, because what I'm focused on is how balanced PotS' chars are compared to Mugen. Limiting what I'm saying to just accurate creators, would be the same as me limiting the list to those whose damage values have become way overdone IMO because they are accurate. Additionally, thsi doesn't even have to be centered around KOF, we should compare this using a lot/all of the other games creations for Mugen have come from.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 05:35:26 pm by Bistard Wolf
#7  June 19, 2008, 05:34:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Talking about balance there is no such thing as mugen, so which chars are you balancing out pots chars with ?

hjk

#8  June 19, 2008, 05:43:32 pm
    • Afghanistan
Talking about balance there is no such thing as mugen, so which chars are you balancing out pots chars with ?
I'm in the middle as far as that goes. Well first I want to say that this all comes down to opinion in the first place, but I'll try to see if I can explain my point.

Most people tend to disregard those grossly overpowered creations that disrupt any form of balance. PotS' chars aren't terrible with it, but when pitting PotS' chars against many others, their damage, especially in Basics and Specials, is (clearly) noticibly higher than any other whether accurate or not (and the power return rate is also unbalanced). The majority of Mugen creations that I have downloaded, feature atatcks whose damage is not as high as PotS' (Focusing on him because it's feedback. I don't mean to be rude.) or any of the accurate creators. My suggestion is some damage limitation because as the vids with the Terry AI highlight how his chars ca easily come back during matches while scoring significantly less blows. I am, on a lower, applying the "disregard grossly overpowered Shin/Evil/god/etc." creation opinions to PotS' chars. I do the same for IronMugen and a whole host of "accurate" others, because while being accurate, their chars become more cheap.  :-\

Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 05:46:36 pm by Bistard Wolf
#9  June 19, 2008, 05:46:26 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
List few of the characters you test against and what damage they cause on one of their supers.

hjk

#10  June 19, 2008, 06:02:47 pm
    • Afghanistan
List few of the characters you test against and what damage they cause on one of their supers.
This is getting more stressful. I listed the certain creators already, you guys can check for yourselves, but i'll make a little list for you anyway. Oh and BTW, let's not focus only on "Supers/Hypers" (as I said above), let's focus on the broader picture including the Basics the Specials, and the power Return Rate:

Here's the list (yes I know soem of the chars are mergers and soem aren't accurate):
- KOD -> Terry, K', Joe (Basics and Specials and Hypers at lvl 1 and 2 except Terry's Power Stream)
- Vans    -> Terry, Iori, Saisyu (All around)
- JZ   ->   Felicia, Andy, Zero (All around. Except Zero's CLSNs are questionable.)
- Kung Fu Man - Every single char but specifically focused on Twelve and Hashimoto (All around, everything)
- Fervicante -> All (Basics and Specials)
- Makkah - Haohmaru (all around except I have some issues with the Power Return and the CLSNs)
- J.Lee - Chun-Li (all around besides that one anti-air special, the CLSNs, and teh priorities)
- Mr. Fong - All chars except Kim and Ryo (all around)
- etc. etc. etc.

*Going to Bed. My head is acting up*

Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:57:41 pm by Bistard Wolf
#11  June 19, 2008, 11:23:30 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Are we talking cross games here? I mean most of the time an accurate character, vs an accurate character from the same game will be balanced.

If it's intermingling games then there will be a number of imbalances. It's to be expected. I mean, if you map out the damage for a heavy kick from darkstalkers, it's around 140 damage. Thats a hefty chunk of lifebar. Supers that aren't grapples are often round the 250 mark. Going up to level 3 supers and that sort of shit it can be anywhere from 1% to 90% of your lifebar in the games the characters come from.

If you're accurate you put that in mugen and due to the nature of the move it can still come off as imbalanced. Especially vs something that doesn't deal well with it.

Too subjective a subject if you focus on accurate characters. Focus on inaccurate ones and how they're particularly imbalanced and try to bring them to a more balanced state is a much more worthy task.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.

hjk

#12  June 19, 2008, 11:53:07 pm
    • Afghanistan
Are we talking cross games here? I mean most of the time an accurate character, vs an accurate character from the same game will be balanced.
I know and understand exactly what you are saying:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80460.msg690089#msg690089
*There are a few more interesting replies from that topic too
What I'm really advocating is ditching accurate damage and power return values, in favor of stuff that brings Mugen more to a central point.
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80460.msg690098#msg690098
Also, we can't ignore the fact that the "accurate line" as values are importated into Mugen is very blurry:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80460.msg690721#msg690721
Then there was the CLSN accuracy concerning the topic below in which I was ignored. I do believe that this concerns what looks better and what seems more appropriate over what is. (in other words they seem to ignore accuracy for either balance or image/creative gameplay):
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=75480.msg635478#msg635478

If it's intermingling games then there will be a number of imbalances. It's to be expected. I mean, if you map out the damage for a heavy kick from darkstalkers, it's around 140 damage. Thats a hefty chunk of lifebar. Supers that aren't grapples are often round the 250 mark. Going up to level 3 supers and that sort of shit it can be anywhere from 1% to 90% of your lifebar in the games the characters come from.
Yes, indeed, I agree and I think it shuld be ditched. Many, if not most creators, tend to limit their damages (purposely scrapping accuracy) in order to avoid cheapness, and provide more balance.

If you're accurate you put that in mugen and due to the nature of the move it can still come off as imbalanced. Especially vs something that doesn't deal well with it.
Yes, that's teh point I've been making for most of my posts.

Too subjective a subject if you focus on accurate characters. Focus on inaccurate ones and how they're particularly imbalanced and try to bring them to a more balanced state is a much more worthy task.
Personally, I'm neutral.Most of teh inaccurate creations I see, tend to do a better job of balancing as it concerns Mugen overall, than those that are accurate.

Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:10:09 am by Bistard Wolf
#13  June 20, 2008, 06:47:02 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Basides, tehre are many KOF creators who actively limit their Hyper Damage for teh sake of balance, actually, I believe that it is most of them that do that.

No.
#14  June 20, 2008, 08:15:43 am
Balance is subjective, Accuracy is not.  Trying to attain balance in mugen is a slippery slope that leads only to one Compromise after another.

hjk

#15  June 21, 2008, 04:29:01 am
    • Afghanistan
Basides, tehre are many KOF creators who actively limit their Hyper Damage for teh sake of balance, actually, I believe that it is most of them that do that.
No.
What's wrong with taht. maybe not Hypers, there I can say I am probably wrong, but in specials and Basics, most of the creations I have downlaoded tend to be pretty weak in those areas.

Balance is subjective, Accuracy is not.  Trying to attain balance in mugen is a slippery slope that leads only to one Compromise after another.
Personally I think both are subjective, because there are a ton of different creators who claim their stuff is accurate, and end up challenging each other and sometimes they even end up not even being accurate:
Also, we can't ignore the fact that the "accurate line" as values are importated into Mugen is very blurry:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=80460.msg690721#msg690721
Then there was the CLSN accuracy concerning the topic below in which I was ignored. I do believe that this concerns what looks better and what seems more appropriate over what is. (in other words they seem to ignore accuracy for either balance or image/creative gameplay):
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=75480.msg635478#msg635478

#16  June 21, 2008, 10:41:39 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Anyway, I believe that Sepp took down some of the SvC hyper damage (assuming Sepp creates for accuracy).

I don't think so---and the assumption I did characters for accuracy (as if accuracy itself were a reason you made things for), is wrong.

Balanced damage values? See if you find many KOF special moves that manage to do as much damage as SFA chars with their strongest basic attacks... I want to say, those games are pretty different regarding damages.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 10:45:24 pm by Sepp

hjk

#17  June 21, 2008, 11:20:59 pm
    • Afghanistan
Anyway, I believe that Sepp took down some of the SvC hyper damage (assuming Sepp creates for accuracy).
I don't think so---and the assumption I did characters for accuracy (as if accuracy itself were a reason you made things for), is wrong.
I didn't assume you made things for accuracy (if that is actually what your sentence is suggesting I did). I didn't approve of how limited the list of people I was given was, so I attempted to bring you into it, to further my point. I said, "assuming Sepp creates for accuracy," because I didn't know whether you did or not (If you did, then maybe you could have been in teh list. If you didn't, maybe not.)
Anyway I watched this vid of Chun-Li in SvC and found her damage kind of high:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q1kUtZsp3sk
It seemed even more ridiculous to me at first because I forgot that SvC uses a double lifebar, but still going back and looking at your Chun-Li, she looks a bit weaker than the real one, IMO.

Balanced damage values? See if you find many KOF special moves that manage to do as much damage as SFA chars with their strongest basic attacks... I want to say, those games are pretty different regarding damages.
That seems to be a point on my side of things (technically we're arguing about CvS, but as it concerns specials, I believe SFA and CvS are interchangable in that sentence).

Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 11:43:15 pm by Bistard Wolf
#18  June 22, 2008, 12:29:54 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Sfa, specials deal a lot of damage. In fact most of the CPS2 games deal a considerable amount of damage. Like i said, heavy kick in darkstalkers is 140+. It's the same over most of capcoms games. For the record, mukai as a boss, with his slightly insane damage has a heavy kick of 172 damage. 30 more, for a boss character that's not a lot.

Mot normal DM's in kof deal about 25% damage without dampening. As i don't play that much SF i can't say what supers there do, but if it's anything like the basic moves it's a lot. And of course, you do basics more than you do supers so a heavy kick is going to count for a lot more damage over time than any super.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#19  June 22, 2008, 09:47:43 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
It seemed even more ridiculous to me at first because I forgot that SvC uses a double lifebar, but still going back and looking at your Chun-Li, she looks a bit weaker than the real one, IMO.

You are talking about balance and accuracy and point out what seem to be inconsistencies that you think you found after---here's the good bit---watching a video and gauging the amount of health substracted from a health bar by sight, doubling that in your head, then comparing to MUGEN from your memory---and then you dare to bring up results obtained in such a completely unreliable way and waste our time with it?!?

The nerve of you! I'm at a loss for words. o_O

(technically we're arguing about CvS, but as it concerns specials, I believe SFA and CvS are interchangable in that sentence).

Yes.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#20  June 22, 2008, 10:06:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Err no, that looks normal for SNK damage
Watch the second round vs chunli, 25% from a DM. Normal.

hjk

#21  June 23, 2008, 02:06:29 pm
    • Afghanistan
- Wish I had seen this earlier -

You are talking about balance and accuracy and point out what seem to be inconsistencies that you think you found after---here's the good bit---watching a video and gauging the amount of health substracted from a health bar by sight, doubling that in your head, then comparing to MUGEN from your memory---and then you dare to bring up results obtained in such a completely unreliable way and waste our time with it?!?
The nerve of you! I'm at a loss for words. o_O
You take yourself a bit too seriously there Sepp, or should I say you take Mugen a bit too seriously.
Anyway, made a mistake.... ohhhhh, woah, no way.
BTW, I didn't say anything about your Chun-Li's damage from my memory, that's just the way I speak.

(technically we're arguing about CvS, but as it concerns specials, I believe SFA and CvS are interchangable in that sentence).
Yes.
Good.

Err no, that looks normal for SNK damage
Watch the second round vs chunli, 25% from a DM. Normal.
Yeah, I'm sure I'm wrong. That was my bad.

Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:10:38 pm by Bistard Wolf
#22  June 23, 2008, 02:21:35 pm
You take yourself a bit too seriously there Sepp, or should I say you take Mugen a bit too seriously.
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what he said.

hjk

#23  June 23, 2008, 02:24:20 pm
    • Afghanistan
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what he said.
It doesn't have to do with his overall point, but what he said in that sentence (especially teh separated part)... God, it sounds so girlish and dramatized.

#24  June 23, 2008, 02:27:56 pm
    • France
Oh the irony !!!
#25  June 23, 2008, 02:32:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
What did you just say?!

hjk

#26  June 23, 2008, 02:37:09 pm
    • Afghanistan

#27  June 23, 2008, 06:19:19 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Anyway, made a mistake.... ohhhhh, woah, no way.
BTW, I didn't say anything about your Chun-Li's damage from my memory, that's just the way I speak.

:_blank:

I don't think it would be a problem to tell myself I only want to shut you up so you'd stop wasting everybody's time. It wouldn't need to be for just myself, it might be to everybody's benefit... :beam:
--R. Scott Bakker

hjk

#28  June 23, 2008, 06:25:35 pm
    • Afghanistan
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I don't think it would be a problem to tell myself I only want to shut you up so you'd stop wasting everybody's time. It wouldn't need to be for just myself, it might be to everybody's benefit... :beam:
I was waiting for such a long time to see your post...
Anyway, as I re-read this thread I realized that you, Cyanide, and I might (sort of) be arguing from the same side (or I could have messed up in my interpretations of your posts).

When you said this:
I don't think you realized that i had just finished making a point similar to that.

Anyway, let me ask you a question (please answer before rereading the thread yourself), which game deals more Hyper damage CvS or KOF?

Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:28:53 pm by Bistard Wolf
#29  June 23, 2008, 06:32:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but damage is hardly one factor in damage, You can take a character like angel that does ridiculously low damage, but that has enough mind tricks and set ups to infinites-long combos that makes her high tier.
#30  June 23, 2008, 06:33:04 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
You do realize that damage is altered according to the move's weaknesses and strengths?

There is no set rule of damage.

Edit : [E] beat me to it :P
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:37:45 pm by K.O.D
#31  June 23, 2008, 06:33:49 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Anyway I'll humor you and say KOF.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#32  June 23, 2008, 06:36:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wont humour you and i will point out that you are analyzing your supposed data as if its things you have studied for a long time and are absolutely certain of, and then claim things based on commonly known stuff that are wrong but that you assume due to that "data".

When you make long winded arguments that demand that others verify the original data to answer to you and then reveal that you werent after all, sure of anything you said, you make them feel like they just wasted their time.

Thats part of the reason you get into so many "arguments" around.

Sorry if it offends you.

hjk

#33  June 23, 2008, 06:54:12 pm
    • Afghanistan
I know.

Anyway I'll humor you and say KOF.
I need to see what Sepp, says. Just Sepp.

I wont humour you and i will point out that you are analyzing your supposed data as if its things you have studied for a long time and are absolutely certain of, and then claim things based on commonly known stuff that are wrong but that you assume due to that "data".
I'm not saying these are things I've studied for a long time.
*After Sepp replies I'll explain...*

When you make long winded arguments that demand that others verify the original data to answer to you and then reveal that you werent after all, sure of anything you said, you make them feel like they just wasted their time.
Thats part of the reason you get into so many "arguments" around.
Sorry if it offends you.
In no way does it offend me. I like being put in uncomfortable situations.
I'll explain after Sepp, replies. BTW, the arguments I get into tend to be on persional issues. Most of the "glitch" ones are never resolved, but one I believe I've been proven wrong on.

#34  June 23, 2008, 07:01:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Repeating the stunt has the ability to get others to take you less seriously each time to the point they might find it umcomfortable to have to go and make you believe they are right, instead of proving you wrong. Lets take for instance the geese AI thing, you claim that the glitches you found not one you were proven wrong, but there, the moment I told you the reason for AI to react that way you dismissed what I had just told you in a manner that I would have to "prove you wrong".

Would you had been happy had I told you that extended attack state on SF alpha characters cause the AI to lock into guardstate for as long as the move remains?I dont think so... you are creating situations where someone has got to "win" but no one can "win".

I just really dont think its a good way to use your time.

hjk

#35  June 23, 2008, 07:07:00 pm
    • Afghanistan
Repeating the stunt has the ability to get others to take you less seriously each time to the point they might find it umcomfortable to have to go and make you believe they are right, instead of proving you wrong. Lets take for instance the geese AI thing, you claim that the glitches you found not one you were proven wrong, but there, the moment I told you the reason for AI to react that way you dismissed what I had just told you in a manner that I would have to "prove you wrong".
Whoa, whoa, NO.
I wasn't pointing out any AI "glitch" there at all. I was merely saying that Geese seemed to have rather reactionary AI and seemed very static. I was merely suggesting that PotS could do more with it, rather than having Geese do 1 of 2 things every time the situation occured (everytime p2 attacked within a certain range).
That wasn't a "glitch" post my friend    :)

Would you had been happy had I told you that extended attack state on SF alpha characters cause the AI to lock into guardstate for as long as the move remains?I dont think so... you are creating situations where someone has got to "win" but no one can "win".
I just really dont think its a good way to use your time.
Explained above.

Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:14:05 pm by Bistard Wolf
I'll tell you what I'll say!
#36  June 23, 2008, 08:05:59 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker
Re: I'll tell you what I'll say!
#37  June 23, 2008, 08:09:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"Oh I hoped you would DO something like that!"

Actually could ve seen it coming from a mile away. HJK attitude doesnt help.
#38  June 23, 2008, 08:14:57 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The only thing I can say after reading this thread is how in the hell did "every single one" of Kung_Fu_Man's characters end up on hjk's list of characters with balanced supers when most of said characters barely have specials, let alone supers (additionally, one of Hashimoto's supers, last I checked, doesn't drain super power unless it hits the opponent)? Also I don't get Fervicante being on that list, although then again, the last thing I downloaded from him was CvS2 Hinata, and when I played it, I really hated how much damage the supers did.

EDIT: goddammit hjk stop ripping off people's names, I was getting all excited that I could flame Edward, but nope!
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:22:58 pm by Manko
#39  June 23, 2008, 10:40:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
HJK said to tell Jango that he replied to him in his Sig...so I am guessing look at a sig for a reply *shrugs*
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:46:04 pm by LaQuak
#40  June 23, 2008, 10:45:24 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
read the sig, now i'm even more confused
#41  June 23, 2008, 10:58:44 pm
    • Portugal
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#42  June 23, 2008, 11:00:08 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
one of Hashimoto's supers, last I checked, doesn't drain super power unless it hits the opponent
Not like that hasn't happened in real games before. Vega's, Zangief's, and T. Hawk's supers in SF2 come to mind.

Speaking of SF2, just imagine how imbalanced hjk would consider accurate SF2 Mugen characters, since they could easily deal ~50% damage with a super or a 4~5 hit combo. :o
#43  June 23, 2008, 11:11:49 pm
    • Portugal
Not like that hasn't happened in real games before.
It's more of a common practice in SNK's stuff, though right now don't ask me about examples other than Jenet's counter. Capcom dropped that since SF2, right?

I hate it though, out of all the examples listed in these two posts I only agree with having it in Vega's.
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:17:52 pm by P.o.t.S.
#44  June 23, 2008, 11:26:28 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I may not have played as fighting games as intently as a lot of people here, but yeah, I don't think they incorporated that in Capcom games after SF2.
#45  June 23, 2008, 11:30:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Not like that hasn't happened in real games before.
It's more of a common practice in SNK's stuff, though right now don't ask me about examples other than Jenet's counter. Capcom dropped that since SF2, right?

I hate it though, out of all the examples listed in these two posts I only agree with having it in Vega's.

but jenet's counter and only in garou,. and it was already a pretty fucked up super.

hjk

Re: I'll tell you what I'll say!
#46  June 29, 2008, 02:29:12 am
    • Afghanistan
(Seven days. We can increase the difficulty later in the game.)
Let's up the anti.

I like being put in uncomfortable situations.
Err, I'll try. You can be all, "Oh I hoped you would say something like that!" to this and we'll all have a good time of it. 8)
Oh please.
I said I was "waiting so long TO SEE your post for such a long time," because it took you like 15-20 minutes to actually get it in (I was viewing the Who's Online Board FOREVER :gonk:). That was a bad idea because I was planning my beddy-bye time with when I was finally able to reply to you.
I love how proud you are of yourself all the time.
And you're a terrible judge of character Sepp. I'm sorry, but you are.

I need to see what Sepp, says. Just Sepp.
I just want you to answer the question, which does more damage, CvS or KOF?

Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:40:06 am by Sepp - My Sig
#47  June 29, 2008, 02:53:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I don't see why sepp answering is so important. He might not even have played cvs to be able to make a fair call.

How about you define damage. Are we talking level 3 super in K groove? Level 1 in C, level 3 in C, A grooves ability to chain like crazy into a super?

For eg, Daimon can do 90% of a bar in KoF2k2, but he needs to be on 25% life, have 2 stocks, and it's avoided by crouching or jumping.

Balance is and always will be subject to the situation. In your first vid chunli's damage is FAIR because all the other fighters can do it like that as well. It would be unfair if you got that much damage out of a no power special.

When you start mixing games and damages from those games, you get a strange result. This isn't actually worth discussing.

And to reiterate, unless you KNOW sepp has played CvS and KoF, don't ask him that question or start any drama over him not answering. There's lots of games people haven't played.

#48  June 29, 2008, 03:03:53 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Some of us play kof deeply, yet have barely ever played cvs.
#49  June 29, 2008, 11:22:11 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
. . .

What does "up the anti" mean?
--R. Scott Bakker
#50  June 29, 2008, 01:40:10 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

hjk

#51  June 29, 2008, 05:18:30 pm
    • Afghanistan
What does "up the anti" mean?
change "anti" to "ante." In poker, refers to increasing your bet. See also "Raising the stakes."
I wish you hadn't said that.
I'm sure Sepp, knew. There was a little point I was going to make about that mistake, but it's a bit too late now.

. . .
Well seeing what Cyanide said, I guess this would be pretty hard to answer.
Let's take it generally (full life and you can differentiate between the power levels, eh way too much to get into. Answer how you want.).

#52  June 29, 2008, 09:29:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Could it be that you're not very good at picking up signals?
#53  June 29, 2008, 10:14:55 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker

hjk

Re: Could it be that you're not very good at picking up the obvious?
#54  June 29, 2008, 10:18:05 pm
    • Afghanistan
I'm sure Sepp, knew. There was a little point I was going to make about that mistake, but it's a bit too late now.
Why would he pretend to not know? I didnt knew it either.
It's just a hunch...
I dunno, it's just so common to me, that I thought that he was just trying to be smart while pointing out that I spelled "ante" wrong. A little thing about that though...

Could it be that you're not very good at picking up signals?
Could it be said, that you can't pick up the obvious...??

Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:23:34 pm by Sepp - My Sig
#55  June 29, 2008, 10:24:48 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...If the obvious is what comes across lately on your posts I would say by his actions its clear that he picked up on the obvious.
#56  June 30, 2008, 10:15:30 am
    • France
I don't like how it looks like I'm the creator of this topic. :blank:
#57  June 30, 2008, 10:21:02 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Let's take it generally (full life and you can differentiate between the power levels, eh way too much to get into. Answer how you want.).
You're STILL assuming he's played CvS. If he hasn't played it, how can he comment.

I could ask you, which deals more damage, The void demons Black Hole in Dota: Classic by eul or the phantom lancers death blow in Dota Allstars, could you answer that if you haven't played both or either game? Course not. Quit it.

You know, from his characters he's played SF, that's it. If you persist in your current question, he'll probably mute you again so i really suggest you drop it.

#58  June 30, 2008, 11:49:47 am
    • Portugal
I think this is gonna turn out another coliseum if Sepp keeps dodging the question. :D
#59  June 30, 2008, 01:20:42 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#60  June 30, 2008, 01:24:00 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
IN THE RIGHT CORNER, THEEEE WOOOOOORLD! IN THE LEFT CORNER, HHHHHHHJKKKKK!!!!

GEET READYYY TO RUMMMBLE!
My shitty mugen stuff:

hjk

#61  June 30, 2008, 04:28:28 pm
    • Afghanistan

Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 04:35:39 pm by Sepp - My Sig
#62  June 30, 2008, 08:05:20 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
#63  June 30, 2008, 09:30:38 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
I'm relucant to reply seriously to any of your posts anymore because replying once starts a cycle of misunderstandings that then require more and more and more and more posts---which, as you stressed repeatedly, take your time and mine---which I only invest if I'm having fun or are bored enough or care enough to go through with it. (Or a bunch of other reasons, ... point being, I won't do it without cause.)

If you review our conversation in the previous coliseum, I think you'll find it ended when I ceased replying.

If you review the personal message you sent me later, which said you hoped we didn't have a problem and that I wouldn't ignore you forever now (or something like that: no longer have the message) and asked for my input to one of your AI Watch topics, and I ignored that message... that was for the same reason: I had written you off as a futile conversation partner for the time being.

Since a few days passed since then, you can consider the very few rather short posts I made in this topic to be double-checks (you're not the only one who doesn't entirely trust my assessments ;)) which you---in my opinion---then failed almost immediately.

My brief entry post in this topic corrected you about a character I made and the only other thing it said was that balanced damage values across games don't exist, just look at the difference between KOF and SFA.

A statement of the obvious for most interested. Not a challenge that cries out to be further discussed, not a question, not anything but a plain fact and the only thing it might say silently, with a bit of fantasy, is that ummm...

of course MUGEN is heterogenous and imbalanced if you fill it with characters from different games; everybody knows that and it can hardly be otherwise. Simply making sort-of-accurate characters seems hard enough considering the low percentage of chars which are. And then also balancing them across MUGEN/games, even if only KOF and SF sounds so absurd that... why am I posting about this, why would anybody??

PS.: I didn't spend nearly as much time with KOF or CvS as with SFA, but I played 'em all... a long time ago and can't now say with any confidence whether KOF or CvS hyper moves tend to do more damage. I'm don't hesitate to admit ignorance, I hesitate to reply seriously to you because sometimes I don't want to waste time.
--R. Scott Bakker

hjk

#64  July 01, 2008, 12:37:40 pm
    • Afghanistan
- Let me just note that some parts of this reply will confuse you -
- The last part of the reply is either a continuation of this topic, or where it will end -

...If the obvious is what comes across lately on your posts I would say by his actions its clear that he picked up on the obvious.
You were saying, Iced??

I'm relucant to reply seriously to any of your posts anymore because replying once starts a cycle of misunderstandings that then require more and more and more and more posts---which, as you stressed repeatedly, take your time and mine---which I only invest if I'm having fun or are bored enough or care enough to go through with it. (Or a bunch of other reasons, ... point being, I won't do it without cause.)
You'd sort of have to know a little bit extra about me to actually get me.

If you review our conversation in the previous coliseum, I think you'll find it ended when I ceased replying.
Yeah. A few of my replies in our Conversation were just me making a silent point, to no particular audience (the point went unspoken).

If you review the personal message you sent me later, which said you hoped we didn't have a problem and that I wouldn't ignore you forever now (or something like that: no longer have the message) and asked for my input to one of your AI Watch topics, and I ignored that message... that was for the same reason: I had written you off as a futile conversation partner for the time being.
Yes and No to, "I had written you off as a futile conversation partner for the time being."

Since a few days passed since then, you can consider the very few rather short posts I made in this topic to be double-checks (you're not the only one who doesn't entirely trust my assessments ;)) which you---in my opinion---then failed almost immediately.
It's times like these that we might want to hold what we want to say back.
*I would [fire], but my Mood won't allow it*

My brief entry post in this topic corrected you about a character I made and the only other thing it said was that balanced damage values across games don't exist, just look at the difference between KOF and SFA.
And this is where you could be wrong.
In my post about your Chun-Li, I left a little message in the end, which was key.
The, "assuming that,"  is not literally me making an assumption, it is an "If" statement (the sentence is indefinite). I don't quite want to call it a "supposition" because then it could go in all sorts of confusing directions.
Your reply post should have read:
I don't think so---and the assumption I did characters for accuracy (as if accuracy itself were a reason you made things for), would be wrong.
to show that you acknowledged that my statement was indefinite.
And yes, I know that balanced Damage across games doesn't exist, that's part of the point I was making here (but I'm mixing it in with some stuff that I probably should stop). I was suggesting that however Accurate the stuff in the specific chars were, maybe those elements should be toned down for more fairness (and if I were to explain that, my posts would become more insulting and far more pompous).

A statement of the obvious for most interested. Not a challenge that cries out to be further discussed, not a question, not anything but a plain fact and the only thing it might say silently, with a bit of fantasy, is that ummm...
of course MUGEN is heterogenous and imbalanced if you fill it with characters from different games; everybody knows that and it can hardly be otherwise. Simply making sort-of-accurate characters seems hard enough considering the low percentage of chars which are. And then also balancing them across MUGEN/games, even if only KOF and SF sounds so absurd that... why am I posting about this, why would anybody??
I'm really not just suggesting balancing across games, because I am not a fan of accuracy. I'm really suggesting balancing with what I see in Mugen overall. (*I dunno how to word this*) While making these points though, I think they're a waste and a lost cause from the beginning, so I give up before I even spell them out and, meh...

PS.: I didn't spend nearly as much time with KOF or CvS as with SFA, but I played 'em all... a long time ago and can't now say with any confidence whether KOF or CvS hyper moves tend to do more damage. I'm don't hesitate to admit ignorance, I hesitate to reply seriously to you because sometimes I don't want to waste time.
I understand. I would pull back, but I spent a good amount of my time yesterday watching some more videos that seem to make some of the points posted here, not necessarily by you, wrong as far as I could see..

Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:45:36 pm by Sepp - My Sig
#65  July 01, 2008, 12:44:21 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You were saying, Iced??
I am saying that according to your actions lately and your posts on the infantry, you are trolling by pretending to be dumb and trying to send whoever answers you into cycles, "answer the question! what were you saying?!" and it become extremely obvious.

LOL
Nobody likes me there, because I sit and troll while I'm online.
Where did all of this drama come from, friend.
Did you read my explanations about the AI stuff...??
from
http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=107855.15
pointed out to the moderators yesterday by some users

Which is overall a waste of your capacities and is not proving anything you think it might be proving.

hjk

#66  July 01, 2008, 12:49:25 pm
    • Afghanistan
You were saying, Iced??
I am saying that according to your actions lately and your posts on the infantry, you are trolling by pretending to be dumb and trying to send whoever answers you into cycles, "answer the question! what were you saying?!" and it become extremely obvious.
Well it's more than that...

LOL
Nobody likes me there, because I sit and troll while I'm online.
Where did all of this drama come from, friend.
Did you read my explanations about the AI stuff...??
from
http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=107855.15
pointed out to the moderators yesterday by some users
Which is overall a waste of your capacities and is not proving anything you think it might be proving.
I was wondering who from here would eventually see that.
I would say it, but as you and Sepp both mentioned, it would be rude of me to make my classic, "..." post.  --;

#67  July 01, 2008, 12:55:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Everybody been seeing most of what you are doing, they just arent giving back that much recognition, cuz it seems to encourage you into thinking you arent wasting your time.

I could even probably tell who you think you are emulating.

hjk

#68  July 01, 2008, 01:02:56 pm
    • Afghanistan
Everybody been seeing most of what you are doing, they just arent giving back that much recognition, cuz it seems to encourage you into thinking you arent wasting your time.
That's not what I'm thinking. BTW, I already know that some people figured it out already. I'm very sure that PotS did, and with you insistence that Sepp did, I believed you from the second time you ever told me said it.
And I'm not sitting here thinking I'm smarter than everyone else. Nothing I've posted (especially where names are conerned) has been accidental. Most of the time I just want to see what someone's reply will be.

Who is that?
Has that person posted here??

Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:43:19 pm by Sepp - My Sig
#69  July 01, 2008, 02:37:40 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I agree with HJK

HJK says: "I'm not entirely sure that you do. Knowing the way you have posted and from what I have gathered from your mentality I highly doubt you agree. I have a lot of respect for you but I wish you would just let me know what you really think"  *

Not trying to attack you, but man. You have an odd way of discussing things with people!

*this was never a real quote. it was made entirely from fiction, based on how you seem to respond... now tell me why you wouldn't respond like that

hjk

#70  July 01, 2008, 04:56:38 pm
    • Afghanistan
It'll be long and drawn out. There's my answer.

#71  July 01, 2008, 05:17:13 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
--R. Scott Bakker
#72  July 01, 2008, 05:24:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Who is that?
It feels as if you are trying to emulate Byakko, "read my question! answer to that! I demand an answer from this person!"
whilst being both less ( far less ) rude, but more wasteful of others time.
Sorry,but its what it "feels" like.

hjk

#73  July 01, 2008, 05:49:28 pm
    • Afghanistan
Nothing I've posed (especially where names are conerned) has been accidental.
:shocked3: bahaha
You're correcting my English...    I have you now. =)
Oh Shit. I meant "posted."
*Fixing*
Anyway, the whhole English thing is part of it. I don't understand where it comes from, but has anyone ever noticed how many stupid topics/arguments get derailed into posts about Grammar or Diction. Some people's points are perfectly understandable, but people still go off on their stupid English tangents. I'm usually 'sitting up' making fun of it.

Who is that?
It feels as if you are trying to emulate Byakko, "read my question! answer to that! I demand an answer from this person!"
whilst being both less ( far less ) rude, but more wasteful of others time.
Sorry,but its what it "feels" like.
Haha, nah. I like Byakko, but if anything I thought what I was doing was more like *****.

BTW, I was wrong. PotS, doesn't believe it. I'm sure many others don't either, just as I'm sure that some people here are humoring me. But what can I do, except....  :-*

Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 06:11:27 pm by Sepp - My Sig
#74  July 01, 2008, 06:24:46 pm
    • Portugal

hjk

#75  July 01, 2008, 06:25:38 pm
    • Afghanistan

#76  July 01, 2008, 06:26:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Answer the question, point out what made you think it, answer why you thought it in the first place, why is that thought present?
Kinda reaching there.

Ps: you might be being trolled back.

hjk

#77  July 01, 2008, 09:59:18 pm
    • Afghanistan
Well I now have to ask why the thread got deleted and apparently PotS never replied.  :'(

Answer the question, point out what made you think it, answer why you thought it in the first place, why is that thought present?
Kinda reaching there.
Ps: you might be being trolled back.
Well, it's a bummer that PotS never replied, but yeah, I was planning on trolling him.

For those extremely bored curious, he means this:
http://www.mugen-infantry.net/forum/index.php?topic=107894
Oh PotS, oh PotS, you're so smart. It's kind of funny, because I posted like that on purpose.
Oh wait, people from the Guild saw the last topic Laquak launched involving me, right. I guess it wouldn't have been safe to assume that people here would see another topic, with my name in the title, and read it?  :ninja:
Hmmm, let's see. I just admitted to being a troll on another forum. I guess it wouldn't have been safe to think that there would be skeptics?  :(

What's the point? I knew that some fool would try to prove that I'm just an idiot in general, so I left the bait right where I thought it would be seen. As soon as that person read my redundant replies and posted about them, I was going to troll the living mess out of him/her by asking all sorts of questions.

Don't you ever fucking tell me that you know who I am, got it.

#78  July 01, 2008, 10:01:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You just got re-trolled. That was exactly the reaction he was aiming for.

I now owe him five bucks.

hjk

#79  July 01, 2008, 10:03:27 pm
    • Afghanistan
You just got re-trolled. That was exactly the reaction he was aiming for.

I now owe him five bucks.
Check my sig.

Also I'm sure, he said something like, 'He'll say he knew somebody would post that.' You and Sepp point that out all the time.
If he went further, hey I wanna know what he said.  :P

Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 11:36:03 pm by HersJamKid
#80  July 01, 2008, 10:39:51 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
I hesitated on replying but this is exactely how yestrday went down.

Yesterday at Mugen-Infantry, I publickly called HJK out in front of everybody because I found out he had a hand in helping making AI for Chosen Ken. I remeber watching that chosen ken video beating 4 shotoclones and I was like "man thats really awesome". This was before I knew what goes on inside a Mugen character.

After I started making my own mugen content I brought my morals into my creations. i.e. have as less NotHitBy's as I possibly can, have good clns and fair HitDef parameters (atleast to my thought process). The only thing I am guilty of is making my my characters combo alot and making them slighly faster then their original counterparts.

Anyway, I though of HJK as a decent AI Coder at the time and he let me test his patches out and we talked in PM's and I liked what he had to say about what he thinks. HJK sent me Dan by Testu...well Dan is just not worthy of talk so we won't talk about Dan. My suspision thats something is not right started to develop after he sent me Terry by K.O.D. I knew that character wasn't right because of the stuff he did but I didn't bother with it because again, HJK's AI wasn't worthy enough to me, even though it was aggresive AI.

I sent Chosen Ken with AI Patch out to a few guys to see if they can beat him because some guys at MI made a "Master Ken video" thread and shot videos with playing with various Ken by various creators. I wanted to shoot a video of me beating Chosen Ken with AI Patch so I loged of MI and went to go try. After a few losses I started to think that something is definately not right with this character and I opened him up in Fighter Factory and I was right. .air .cns were a complete mess. So I said ok, broken character. I went back on MI and HJK already posted that him and his cousin did the patch so thats when I got furious and publickly called HJK out in front of everybody because at that moment, judging by what I saw inside Chosen Ken, HJK was lower then low to have agreed to help for a AI patch.

I made the thread that and asked HJK to send me all of his patches. I don't know why he hesitated but he didn't not send me anything so I had to get the patches from my own personal couriers.

I didn't want to stop there so I went after K.O.D's Terry that HJK AI Patched. I looked inside Terrys .cns and .air, was right, and fixed and took the libery of fixing it up my self to make it fair and balanced...to my Mugen standards.

I opened P.o.t.S Morrigan (Pre-Last Version, My favorite version) in Fighter Factory and I touched up some clns and modified all of her attacks and gave them default Mugen priority. After that I made 2 videos, .vs Terry and another one vs. Dan. Both where recored one time, at 250% life and Fast1 speed (my prefered speed).

Updated or not, old or new, I called KOD out on behalf of HJK and vice versa and said what I said. I later found out that Terry was KOD's 1st creation and I should not give him crap for it. I agree and appologize, he doesn't deserve it...we all made mistakes when we started out. I have no beef and/or interest toward the situation with KOD.

HJK was the one I was after. You still agreed/did work on that Chosen Ken *shakes head* and thats lower then Negy and Duxagi and their crew. You know what me and the guys at MI did to those patches for fun.

I removed the thread I made at MI myself today, not because I was upset at the replies but because my point was proven for the time being, even though I may have carelessly jumped at KOD w/o knowing/carring if Terry was updated or not. I only did that because Tery did not follow my Mugen standards and I though your CLSN guide was very helpful (helped me out when I was building Master Hibiki). I was only fueled by finding out HJK did work on Chosen Ken and I draged your 1st born into this.

@HJK
People do change I agree, but the past will always linger and it seems as though people here at MFG have the right to say to what they say to you. Its kinda hard changing the present when the past is engraved with you.

@MFG and Community.
Maybe I was a bit hasty on what I did, but I like to look at peoples creations inside and just see how different authors do things, how the trigger sctrls, how their .air looks and all that because its fun for me. When I find something that like that + with AI, I look at the AI Coder and the creator as a whole and I make my judgment as a whole, not just the creator or AI Coder but both and I take what I see inside the character with it. There is no in the middle. If my actions where at some point inappropriate I want to appologize. Belive me I much rather talk about how hot Ayumi Hamasaki is :-*

Ultimately Ill do it on my own as far as Mugen stuff goes. But when in need, the one who made Morrigan Aensland and the one who talks to me in riddles I have the most respect for.
#81  July 01, 2008, 11:37:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I don't get what you mean by this:

HJK was the one I was after. You still agreed/did work on that Chosen Ken *shakes head* and thats lower then Negy and Duxagi and their crew. You know what me and the guys at MI did to those patches for fun.

hjk

#82  July 01, 2008, 11:40:49 pm
    • Afghanistan
I don't get what you mean by this:
He means that in the past, when I was still helping out with and creating Cheap AIs, I did stuff that those AI Patchers do now. The MI guys launched a thread beating up those cheap AIs.
I suggest waiting to reply for a few hours.
*LaQuak, I have my hopes*

#83  July 01, 2008, 11:41:58 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Amazing, i was expecting a huge long reply with 80 quotes that made no real sense.

hjk

#84  July 01, 2008, 11:42:44 pm
    • Afghanistan

#85  July 01, 2008, 11:50:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Ok, but why would that be lower than anything ?

hjk

#86  July 01, 2008, 11:59:45 pm
    • Afghanistan
Ok, but why would that be lower than anything ?
Because he bases himself off of strict adherence to his "Non-Cheapness" standard. He knows for the most part that I am the same now, but says my (inescapabe) past makes me, as a whole, low.

Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:09:03 am by HersJamKid
#87  July 02, 2008, 12:02:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Understood.
#88  July 02, 2008, 12:54:31 am
lol, making a cheap AI a long time ago is a reason to publicly call out and verbally assault someone else?
#89  July 02, 2008, 06:35:33 am
    • Portugal
Well I now have to ask why the thread got deleted and apparently PotS never replied.  :'(
I'm gonna pull a Sepp and troll you by simply remaining quiet about it. ;D

And I respect that, but I can still tell you what you are online.

hjk

#90  July 02, 2008, 02:11:35 pm
    • Afghanistan
OK??
???

And I respect that, but I can still tell you what you are online.
OK??
???
You know I was kidding, right?? Did you read the reply I gave to Iced?

#91  July 02, 2008, 02:36:29 pm
    • France
Pulling a Byakko : relying on insults in an endless fashion way.
Pulling a Sepp : remaining quiet and not answering questions.

How do I pull a HJK ???

Updated or not, old or new, I called KOD out on behalf of HJK and vice versa and said what I said. I later found out that Terry was KOD's 1st creation and I should not give him crap for it. I agree and appologize, he doesn't deserve it...we all made mistakes when we started out. I have no beef and/or interest toward the situation with KOD.
In fact, it's not his first creation. :P
And you should really go and look how CLSNs are made in official games, especially KOF since they are easy to get.
You don't ALWAYS have a blue CLSN covering a red one, especially during specials and supers.

hjk

#92  July 02, 2008, 03:23:13 pm
    • Afghanistan
Pulling a Byakko : relying on insults in an endless fashion way.
Pulling a Sepp : remaining quiet and not answering questions.
How do I pull a HJK ???
Not Funny. :P

In fact, it's not his first creation. :P
And you should really go and look how CLSNs are made in official games, especially KOF since they are easy to get.
You don't ALWAYS have a blue CLSN covering a red one, especially during specials and supers.
I think he means first serious creation. KOD made a point that that Akuma thing was barey even an effort.

#93  July 02, 2008, 10:27:54 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Ahhh, now that's much better.

As you will certainlly know you would have been banned from most other forums four times over by now.

Good thing I make for such a horrible judge of character, hey?

Oh well. Simply wanna make it clear that you'll (probably) not get much or any more mercy for future disturbances... or if you write me any more personal messages...

and to comment on your last one, it's not like I chose to go offline yesterday... the connection just went away, as it's incredibly unstable; I'll continue to be sort of offline for a few more days/weeks. ;)
--R. Scott Bakker

hjk

#94  July 03, 2008, 12:01:56 am
    • Afghanistan
As you will certainlly know you would have been banned from most other forums four times over by now.
I've been [within the forum rules the entire time] thinking about that throughout this thread.

Oh well. Simply wanna make it clear that you'll (probably) not get much or any more mercy for future disturbances... or if you write me any more personal messages...
and to comment on your last one, it's not like I chose to go offline yesterday... the connection just went away, as it's incredibly unstable; I'll continue to be sort of offline for a few more days/weeks. ;)
Wanted to see how much like my other friend you were.  --;
Stopped.

#95  July 03, 2008, 06:51:07 am
I'm just going to jump the gun and call hjk the douchebag of the century. At least when byakko creates uproars it's entertaining. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes and I got nothing out of this thread. hjk step away from the computer and find your significant other. Whether it be a person, animal or foreign object you need some time away from the internet and your computer.

I know I am in no position to suggest anything but why don't the rest of you guys just ignorantly tell this moron to go and screw himself? He deserves nothing less than a dismissive insult.
Hello guys.  I have touched children.

hjk

#96  July 03, 2008, 07:34:56 am
    • Afghanistan
I'm just going to jump the gun and call hjk the douchebag of the century. At least when byakko creates uproars it's entertaining. I've been sitting here for 20 minutes and I got nothing out of this thread. hjk step away from the computer and find your significant other. Whether it be a person, animal or foreign object you need some time away from the internet and your computer.
I know I am in no position to suggest anything but why don't the rest of you guys just ignorantly tell this moron to go and screw himself? He deserves nothing less than a dismissive insult.
Jeez, and I thought we were friends  :'(

What specifically did I do to upset you, friend?

Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:55:39 am by CvS2 Adon released by H'
#97  July 03, 2008, 08:37:04 am

I know this wasn't called for, but I whole heartedly agree ...
#98  July 03, 2008, 09:07:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Meh, all he has to remember now is that if he pisses one of us off again, he's probably gone.

I just wish i'd known calling him a troll would have shut him up. I'd have done it during the byakko topic. I tend not to insult people over the internet.

hjk

#99  July 03, 2008, 09:12:55 am
    • Afghanistan
I just wish i'd known calling him a troll would have shut him up. I'd have done it during the byakko topic. I tend not to insult people over the internet.
Nobody called me a troll (besides PotS a while back). I personally don't see how so many people missed it, especially in the Byakko thread. But that was for a good cause.
Not sure they actually read the thread.

Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:26:33 pm by HersJamKid
#100  July 03, 2008, 10:34:17 am
    • France

hjk

#101  July 03, 2008, 01:55:55 pm
    • Afghanistan
I personally don't see how so many people missed it, especially in the Byakko thread.
Because ... nobody read every single post that Baiken and you wrote ?
But on that point, I thought (hoped) people would shut up due to their [acknowledged] ignorance. I like Byakko, but the main reason for that Colisseum Topic was to kill that stupid, 'I insult you' thing. By about the second page I was just gone.

Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:58:06 pm by HersJamKid
#102  July 03, 2008, 04:41:48 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What is this topic about ?
#103  July 03, 2008, 04:43:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
***** wait so you are emulating a five lettered user.

I want a G is there a g in that word?

hjk

#104  July 03, 2008, 04:48:05 pm
    • Afghanistan

#105  July 03, 2008, 05:05:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
im assuming it aint jango but cant recall any other user with five letters and a G
#106  July 03, 2008, 05:10:46 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Gohan (SSM2)
#107  July 03, 2008, 05:36:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Agito.
#108  July 03, 2008, 06:59:57 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
I've been [within the forum rules the entire time] thinking about that throughout this thread.

Have you been? Hmmh.

Even granting that, I mean you would've died at least twice before, in the coliseum---long before (Cybaster ever started!!!! ^_^) this topic now.

Don't think I ever came in contact with Agito, and Byakko is completely different, as is GohanSSM2... sure they're also being debated, can write long posts and fuel discussions, but I couldn't say that hjk as a user-person reminds me of them now or in the past.

I do feel it would have been a lot more interesting if BlackJack were here, though. If I'd have to name any one person you reminded me of a little, it's him. Ever talk to him or follow his adventures? French, avatars with somebody smoking in them, absolutely inexhaustible poster (is he still in the list of top posters?), slightly insane on occasion, Global Moderator, fond of riddles, and sometimes it almost seemed he played and posted traps and acted in unusually confusing or puzzling ways merely to see what people would make of it.

Erm. At least that might have been part of it every now and then. He was different from you and more intriguing and contributive than you've been so far, but I see something that reminds me of him in you. Bet it would be interesting to see you two interact.
--R. Scott Bakker

hjk

#109  July 03, 2008, 07:08:11 pm
    • Afghanistan
Have you been? Hmmh.
I was joking. I don't even know if I was within the rules, but I really wouldn't blame you for a ban.

I do feel it would have been a lot more interesting if BlackJack were here, though. If I'd have to name any one person you reminded me of a little, it's him. Ever talk to him or follow his adventures? French, avatars with somebody smoking in them, absolutely inexhaustible poster (is he still in the list of top posters?), slightly insane on occasion, Global Moderator, fond of riddles, and sometimes it almost seemed he played and posted traps and acted in unusually confusing or puzzling ways merely to see what people would make of it.
I've heard about him, but wasn't here for 'im. That does sound like me though, 'cept he was probably smarter.

Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 07:13:08 pm by HersJamKid
#110  July 03, 2008, 07:27:34 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Agito was a completely different poster, I just wanted to see if someone remembered him, and he fit the name criteria pretty well.

hjk

#111  July 03, 2008, 07:28:57 pm
    • Afghanistan
Agito was a completely different poster, I just wanted to see if someone remembered him, and he fit the name criteria pretty well.
Oh sorry, don't look into that too much. The person who had the right answer knows who I'm talking about.
I think we should all leave that one alone for now though.

#112  July 03, 2008, 07:39:08 pm
    • Portugal
I guess the difference is that I'd jump in at the opportunity to coliseum with BlackJack. :bjgoi:

hjk

#113  July 03, 2008, 08:02:00 pm
    • Afghanistan

#114  July 03, 2008, 08:19:20 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
:ninja:

So I just checked... BlackJack stopped posting regularly in 2006. That said, he is not only still on the list of top posters... he still leads the list. :o

... and was last online yesterday.

Crazy world. Conspiracy!!!
--R. Scott Bakker
#115  July 03, 2008, 08:20:52 pm
    • Portugal
It's not fair, you (HJK) are entitled to be more of a screwup than everyone else because you're already safeguarded by a "if I ever act stupid it's because I was just trolling. ever" clause. :( I want one too.

hjk

#116  July 03, 2008, 08:24:05 pm
    • Afghanistan
:ninja:
So I just checked... BlackJack stopped posting regularly in 2006. That said, he is not only still on the list of top posters... he still leads the list. :o
... and was last online yesterday.
Crazy world. Conspiracy!!!
That sucks. I read his post about "discussing privately" and coincidentally enough that is sort of one the reason I did what I did.

It's not fair, you (HJK) are entitled to be more of a screwup than everyone else because you're already safeguarded by a "if I ever act stupid it's because I was just trolling. ever" clause. :( I want one too.
Sorry  :P...  :sugoi:
Should've thought've it first  >:(

#117  July 04, 2008, 10:53:55 am
    • France
I miss BlackJack. :(

And yeah, I'd definitely want a coliseum with him. Hell, the whole guild VS BlackJack wouldn't even be sure to win. :sugoi:
This guy can post faster than light ... when he posted regularly, he had an average of 24 posts per day, and I miss the days where he used to moderate the request section ... one or two full pages of MOVED topics. :ninja:

And no, HJK is nothing like BlackJack to me.