YesNoOk

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] (Read 1552059 times)

Started by Moon Girard, January 18, 2017, 11:28:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android]
#1041  May 24, 2017, 09:06:45 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
5 new special maps called "Kozaki Yusuke Trials" have been released along with their quests. Can get up to 12 orbs and some crystals if all quests and maps have been completed.
#1042  May 24, 2017, 10:48:23 am
And they're all lv40. Not extremely hard (so far) if you have a good team, but still.
Horse/flier emblem teams are amazing because mages like Cecilia or Spring Camilla can reach like 75 atk (and have more than enough speed to double most of the cast) once they have both hone and fortify on and a -blade tome. Horse emblem is particularly easy to run on budget.
Oh, I thought I didn't see it much in arena because it wasn't that good, but that's my point then, why isn't that kind of setup more popular than braindead HECTOR AZURA. Why isn't there a super heavy hitter like Ryoma with an AOE that just does "atk - target def" on everyone instead of trying to make everyone hit 1 target for 70.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:56:48 am by Byakko
#1043  May 24, 2017, 01:44:47 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

Oh, I thought I didn't see it much in arena because it wasn't that good, but that's my point then, why isn't that kind of setup more popular than braindead HECTOR AZURA.
Because the AI is braindead and horse emblem requires careful positioning to work. That's why independent, offense-oriented (and dancers) units are so good on defense. Horse emblem also has lower bst than a infantry/flier team, so probably wouldn't run into one unless you were using it yourself.

Why isn't there a super heavy hitter like Ryoma with an AOE that just does "atk - target def" on everyone instead of trying to make everyone hit 1 target for 70.
Because AOE specials are garbage. They suffer from long charge, poor distribution, mostly awkward patterns and they deal non-lethal damage.
#1044  May 24, 2017, 01:58:51 pm
The light cross pattern is weird but the thunder line, fire cross, or wind circle are often fairly likely to catch one, maybe two more targets depending on the map (try the thunder line on the bridge map). And if you hit someone with low def/res, the calculated damage is the same for everyone, which makes it possible for your next unit to finish off someone who would be otherwise dangerous. And it can't be countered, either, so it's a good way to crush a Hector (even with Reinhardt).
But yeah, generally speaking, I tend to go for battles longer than 4-6 duels. If I can double some targets, I can land a special without too much trouble. So yeah, I build my arena teams not to OHKO everyone, but to survive and wear them down. I only need 1 unit to win. I'm also considering the fact that the asshole AI usually waits for me to bait it, so it's necessary to make sure the bait survives.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 02:04:18 pm by Byakko
#1045  May 24, 2017, 03:00:18 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That sounds fantastic except that the long charge is still a big weakness. You can trigger the short charge skills 2 times by the time you trigger that AOE special. And even then it's not something you can reliably lean on since you won't see it trigger unless your unit is doubling/getting doubled and by then you get more benefit out of the shorter charge skill anyway. There's also the fact that chipping the enemy like that can backfire on you if they're running Vantage in which case you really are better off at least ORKOing them.

Speaking of which, now that my Julia has Fury over LoD, should I switch her back to Vantage or should I stick to G-Tome breaker?
#1046  May 24, 2017, 06:43:49 pm
    • Canada
If you're looking to cover more ground, I'd go with Vantage. Not to mention it's a decent counter balance to Fury. Besides Nino and another Julia, there aren't many green mages that threaten her as much anyway. But then again, this depends on your team comp.
#1047  May 24, 2017, 09:55:43 pm
    • USA
Green Tomebreaker for Arena. Vantage is not a terrible pick, but playing it safe with G.T. is still the far better option imo. I'd save Vantage for your Disant and Close Counter users, who can make the most of it.
#1048  May 24, 2017, 09:59:54 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

The light cross pattern is weird but the thunder line, fire cross, or wind circle are often fairly likely to catch one, maybe two more targets depending on the map (try the thunder line on the bridge map). And if you hit someone with low def/res, the calculated damage is the same for everyone, which makes it possible for your next unit to finish off someone who would be otherwise dangerous
?
Each target receives independent damage according to their def/res. 

And it can't be countered, either, so it's a good way to crush a Hector (even with Reinhardt).
It can't be countered directly, but it does non-lethal damage. If you tried that against a Hector with vantage (one of his most common b skills as he doesn't need QR) he'd kill your Reinhardt.
#1049  May 24, 2017, 10:22:19 pm
?
Each target receives independent damage according to their def/res. 
Does it ? But it ignores weapon triangle, is that it ? I don't actually check the numbers but it's still a lot higher than a normal hit (even accounting for the 1.5 multiplier)
It can't be countered directly, but it does non-lethal damage. If you tried that against a Hector with vantage (one of his most common b skills as he doesn't need QR) he'd kill your Reinhardt.
Reinhardt would bring him down to low HP and then another red unit follows up and doesn't actually need to one-shot Hector, just survive the Vantage. Which a proper red unit should easily do. It doesn't make a red mage with high def mandatory, and the top units for that are Sophia and Henry around 35 with +def and they're otherwise not very interesting.
That's the point, you shouldn't need one unit who can one-shot anyone, you spread the damage.

Also, you're supposed to plan out that strategy, don't just have Reinhardt ride up to Hector out in the open and blast him. Use other units with a similar special, you still have color advantage and terrain to take into account. Try setting Reinhardt against a wall and blast the whole corridor on the other side, or, again, the twin bridges map. People should build up their teams to account for the random factor of the maps, sometimes you're stuck on a bridge with an armored unit or you have an infantry running around a pillar with a mage sniping you from the other side.
I'm not saying it works (it doesn't because everyone goes for Vantage Hector and forgets the rest), I'm saying it's bad gameplay that the meta of this game is just going for open terrain face to face one round kill. Recently they're putting out more and more varied maps that make those situations harder (the boat in Rite of Shadow maps, the Kozuki challenge maps, the defensive maps), they make it more obvious that you're supposed to plan out a strategy. Isn't Fire Emblem known for strategy battles in the first place ? Or just the "marrying your waifu" thing ?

Also, the AI is pretty good with support skills. It's always bunching up its units when someone has a hone attack or defense or rally anything. It's only dumb with healers because it always attacks if someone is in range, so the healers on horse end up on the frontline, but on support, it makes the most of everything.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:40:10 pm by Byakko
#1050  May 24, 2017, 10:39:31 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala

But it ignores weapon triangle, is that it ? I don't actually check the numbers but it's still a lot higher than a normal hit (even accounting for the 1.5 multiplier)
It does, and the damage is huge because the multiplier kicks in before enemy defense.
Also, you're supposed to plan out that strategy, don't just have Reinhardt ride up to Hector out in the open and blast him. Use other units with a similar special, you still have color advantage and terrain to take into account. I'm saying it's bad gameplay that the meta of this game is just going for open terrain face to face one round kill
I'd never send Reinhardt anywhere near Hector. The real strategy at that point is luring Hector away with Reinhardt's superior movement and/or killing the rest of his team so you can bait him with a strong red unit, without losing a single unit. That's the hard part of any Fire Emblem - winning without casualties.

Also, the AI is pretty good with support skills. It's always bunching up its units when someone has a hone attack or defense or rally anything. It's only dumb with healers because it always attacks if someone is in range, so the healers on horse end up on the frontline, but on support, it makes the most of everything.

You've never seen to units with reciprocal aid jerk off each other, or pivot/reposition loops? The AI is dumb as shit.
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:44:35 pm by Fubs
#1051  May 24, 2017, 10:42:24 pm
I'd never send Reinhardt anywhere near Hector. The real strategy at that point is luring Hector away with Reinhardt's superior movement and/or killing the rest of his team so you can bait him with a strong red unit, without losing a single unit.
But... You can do exactly that without needing the one red unit that can one-shot him. You can lure him away and wipe out its supports and then gang up on him, using Reinhardt as the opener before the red guy finishes him off, without needing that red unit to have the firepower to one-shot him through his high defense. Hell, if you do it right you can even do it with a green unit.
You've never seen to units with reciprocal aid jerk off each other, or pivot/reposition loops? The AI is dumb as shit.
Yes, I have. That's proof that it uses everything it has every time it can. It doesn't work with reposition because they end up never advancing, but it's still very effective with the stat boost skills. We've seen AI team stacked with stat boost support skills, that's exactly what the GHB maps have, and it ends up with units that have 60+ attack and defense, that's why those maps are hard. That's how they will definitely one-shot you and you have a hard time taking them out. The GHB maps like Michalis, Zephiel were filled with that. It's only when people started having those few OP units like Hector that people could beat them with much more ease - because they're broken. Before that with more generic units like Donnel, you needed very careful planning and countless retries to have a step-by-step guide. That's what was good. Now, just almost solo Robin GHB with Ike.

(checking the stats on the Michalis GHB again, it had hone fliers, fortify fliers, and bowbreakers everywhere, now that was some synergy)

---

lol someone (maybe the same guy as the other times, I don't remember) did quadruple Sakura vs GHB for Lloyd, Michalis, and Robin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMJDmSVPO24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8k9ZjGOYDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPBuids6txw
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:21:31 pm by Byakko
#1052  May 26, 2017, 05:21:43 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
Wedding Banner teaser. Will be released on May 30th with daily orbs being brought back as well.

Lyn is probably on the left. No clue on the right.
#1053  May 26, 2017, 06:02:36 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Hopefully Bride Erika so i can get a Groom Ephraim.
#1054  May 26, 2017, 11:32:40 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Bride Eirika was already confirmed:

In other news: GHB Narcian is back, complete with quests to win orbs. Of course, now, with my collected expierience, Narcian was no match for me anymore, thus, netting myself both the 2-Star and the 3-Star version. :smug:
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#1055  May 26, 2017, 11:33:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Sure that wasn't photoshopped?

Use Story 9-2 for the Alfonse and Narcian kill vs. Narcian quests.
#1056  May 26, 2017, 06:24:59 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
That image was made by me using her Awakening artwork from the Bride DLC, though I wouldn't be surprised if she's in the banner off that fact alone.
#1057  May 29, 2017, 03:27:23 am
Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:31:27 am by Titiln
#1058  May 29, 2017, 03:34:02 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
In it for Charlotte disappointed there's no grooms though.
#1059  May 29, 2017, 03:34:31 am
i'll wait for regular ass charlotte

if i had to get one it'd be cordelia because i want a cordelia with good art
Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:38:46 am by Titiln
#1060  May 29, 2017, 03:44:46 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Cordelia's the only one that appeals to me because she's the least gimmicky of them all.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time