Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#1161  May 21, 2015, 02:14:40 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Sometime around the annoucement of Super SF4, Ono stated that he wanted to explore the story of Sean in a future game, but this one being the link between 4 and 3 that could possibly happen in a future installment.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#1162  May 21, 2015, 02:30:01 am
Sean is Brazilian right? they should revamp him with a Vale tudo/BJJ style, and get rid of the stupid gi.
by doing that not only they would give him his own personality and style, they would also pay homage to great Brazilian marital artists like Royce Gracie and Anderson Silva.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:38:08 am by supervegeta
#1163  May 21, 2015, 03:05:47 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
That narrows it down quit a bit since SF4 has so many characters. So we are looking at one of these characters:

Birdie
R. Mika
Karin
Juni
Juli
Oro
Sean
Necro
Gill
Urien
Remy
Twelve
Q
Alex
Eagle

nobody played SF1 so Retsu fans (what Retsu fans?) can piss the hell off

Couldn't be Twelve because I don't think the Illuminati perfected that until 3S. As much as I'd like Alex, he said we haven't seen the character in a while, and his last playable appearance in a new game was in 2010.

I'm hoping for Eagle because he's awesome.
#1164  May 21, 2015, 03:35:09 am
    • USA
Lets go Q!!
#1165  May 21, 2015, 04:11:39 am
  • Outchea Grindin'
    • USA
    • warrenh89@live.com
What about Sean? He could return, too... Anybody else from SF1 would be awesome.

I think since this will bridge the gap between 4 and 3, Sean and any other SF3 character might pop up. Though that depends who Capcom wants to come back, I guess. :-\
Eagle might have a chance of coming back, I mean, remember Capcom vs. SNK 2? I doubt anyone back then was expecting him.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I wouldn't imagine a return of Sean, personally. He was basically the image of the problem with Shotos - too many characters with too similar moves. There's already a core group of characters that are near impossible to abandon, and then a secondary group of characters that are hard to ignore or that will always take precedence. A return of Sean would only happen if both his movelist and his design were significantly updated (more based on the stuff like his headbutt or his tackle), and in this case, you could just as well go with a new character.
Basically, for Sean to return, it'd need a pretty deep conjunction of events - but that's already out the window just from the fact that SF5 is supposed to take a different route from SF4 - SF4 was the big compilation, and SF5 is supposed to have a tighter cast of better defined characters. Sean just doesn't fit in that. Maybe in Hyper SF5 Turbo.

I think if Sean's movelist and overall look were revamped to be different from Ken and Ryu, he could then be a contender for an appearance in future updates (Hyper Street Fighter 5 made me laugh a bit ;)). But thats an opinion though.

I was bummed out that Sean was left out of SFIV, while characters who are younger or in his age group showed up, I mean if Sakura still in high school and shes scrapping with Yun and Makoto SFIII and IV couldn't have been too far apart. I'd definitely like to see a younger scrappier Sean for sure maybe give him some rough looking capeoria moves mixed in and some longer dreads and I'll definitely buy a copy.

So far I'm diggin the developed designs of Bison & Charlie, they don't really deviate from their roots too much but its fresh enough to show some progression, mean while Ryu's gi...looks dirtier haha.

crossing my fingers for Rainbow Mika too, they know theres a demand for her capcom just chooses to troll us, story wise she outta be a super star by now

"Capcom vs SNK 3 coming soon, we promise" - Ren
#1166  May 21, 2015, 04:27:12 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
does someone knows if capcom finally grabbed SFEX characters from Arika?

my bet is on Skullomania or Blair(since japanese fandom loves them for the freakin kinnikuman references)
#1167  May 21, 2015, 04:36:35 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I will make my guess and say it's Effie.
#1168  May 21, 2015, 04:38:58 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I Rather See THESE guys if capcom got them

1. Allen Snider: Simple. Tolerable version of Dan. Has rivalry with Ken and may have POTENTIAL student if he gets one.

2. Kairi: Had an awesome story pretty much forced Akuma into hiding....He is one lucky bastard I am willing give away everything to see him there.

3.C.Jack: Who does not love Boxing Cowboy?Plus he has a Bat. And Besides He's better than the

I wish its not a new female Fighter Unless her name is Karin. Many fans want to see her since her days in Alpha Saga
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:42:09 am by Segatron
#1169  May 21, 2015, 04:41:53 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
does someone knows if capcom finally grabbed SFEX characters from Arika?

my bet is on Skullomania or Blair(since japanese fandom loves them for the freakin kinnikuman references)

I Rather See THESE guys if capcom got them

1. Allen Snider: Simple. Tolerable version of Dan. Has rivalry with Ken and may have POTENTIAL student if he gets one.

2. Kairi: Had an awesome story pretty much forced Akuma into hiding....He is one lucky bastard I am willing give away everything to see him there.

3.C.Jack: Who does not love Boxing Cowboy?Plus he has Bat.

Aside from those I wsih after this Capcom gives thought on continuing 3 onward (IV and (if maybe) V are after 2).
I wish its not a new female Fighter Unless her name is Karin.

To answer the first one, no they have not. And to sum up both, don't get your hopes up since the possibility of an Arika char in the mainstream SF series is little to negative none (hope I don't sound rude)

I will make my guess and say it's Effie.

Actually, I would love to see that possibility, she's an experiment like Necro, right? It would be a bit interesting, sine the idea of two stretchy fighters (Dhalsim and Necro) will most likely be abolished by the Capcom poobahs, :-\
This is a generic forum signature.

ROS

#1170  May 21, 2015, 04:45:47 am
I doubt we'll be seeing any Arika characters in SFV.
#1171  May 21, 2015, 04:53:46 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Its the only I wish I had Since Arika isnt doing anything with them for a long time. but hey I want to see Sakura's Rival Karin Atleast thats one I can expect
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#1172  May 21, 2015, 04:58:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Even if they did get the rights they'd probably wait as long as possible to announce it at something large for maximum hype.
#1173  May 21, 2015, 05:02:51 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
well, at least arika considers them some kind of valuable ip so there's that.
#1174  May 21, 2015, 05:05:59 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Just because they cameoed in 3 SF games? HAHA
It'd make sense if they ever finished their own game. Do they still do anything???
#1175  May 21, 2015, 05:10:01 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Just because they cameoed in 3 SF games? HAHA
It'd make sense if they ever finished their own game. Do they still do anything???

Other than Fighting Sample, I don't think so.
And let's be honest, those characters sucked. The only redeemable one IMHO were Kairi, Hokuto, Blair, Cracker Jack, Skullomania, Darun and Doctrine. Just sayin.
This is a generic forum signature.
#1176  May 21, 2015, 05:10:39 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Actually, I would love to see that possibility, she's an experiment like Necro, right? It would be a bit interesting, sine the idea of two stretchy fighters (Dhalsim and Necro) will most likely be abolished by the Capcom poobahs, :-\
Story-wise it would make sense in this setting seeing as she hasn't encountered Necro yet before 3 so it'll be interesting to know what her backstory is like.  And she was in the SF-lore for a long time now.
#1177  May 21, 2015, 05:51:41 am
isn't mike and mike bison are one person? and i think it's karin or eagle.
#1178  May 21, 2015, 06:05:49 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
yes

SNT

#1179  May 21, 2015, 06:34:14 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Wonder who'll be the first person to mod the new SF5 moves into their Dictator?

Some Street Fighter fans were slightly disappointed when the end of M. Bison's trailer didn't tease the next character for Street Fighter 5. While this makes sense with E3 right around the corner, fans still wanted something to get excited about.

Well, here's your tease. The next character reveal likely won't be coming from Street Fighter 4 according to a recent Tweet from Street Fighter 5's producer, Yoshinori Ono. In it, he states that the new character is someone we haven't seen for a while.
Spoiler: HA! (click to see content)
Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:38:29 am by SNT
#1180  May 21, 2015, 08:51:50 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Waiting for a Akuma trailer!!!!!  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.