YesNoOk

Middle school student commits suicide at school (Read 12840 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, September 18, 2014, 06:31:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Middle school student commits suicide at school
#21  September 19, 2014, 05:10:58 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

lol well you would have fit right in here well in NYC brooklyn then back in those days lol

yeah things are pretty twisted up these days so thats why we have to teach kids who we bring to the world the right way of handling situations in school in this time era.

this is fucked up. i was harassed in school too but nothing too extreme and i think it was mostly because i didn't communicate well with others.
after i learned that i made alot of friends, and mostly kept to myself with others, and nobody bothered me.
i would never make my kids go through that shit though, i'll teach them everything i know about life and i'll make them spend more time with other kids.

yeah man as many friends i had i still saw myself as a loner. from JHS to HS i was in a good space and nobody bothered me. a couple fights cleared that shit up. But yeah new parents gotta teach their kids the right way. that being soft shit never works. dont be a meanie to people but dont let people step on you. you gotta teach them give respect to get respect. treat others how you want to be treated. once a child understands that and carries that on they will be fine. But boys for sure have to be encouraged that youre not going to beat everybody and not everybody is gonna want to keep fighting you when you fight back hard. FACT.

Same goes for the entire Middle East I guess LOL :D

Yeah man, you basically summed it up. Treat the others how you wanna be treated, but don't let others step on you. That's how everybody should be raised, IMO. Doesn't always happen though. :\

This is a generic forum signature.
#22  September 19, 2014, 05:34:37 am
Is it too gross to call this bully behavior a "thinning of the herd" trait of evolution?
If that's the case, there's really nothing we can do about it until it weeds itself out so...que sera, sera right?

Edit: that comes off too insensitive even for me.
You can do something actually. Take these as a good warning to not raise kids that can't handle themselves.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:03:47 am by Nucka
#23  September 19, 2014, 05:40:12 am
Well i can't say that i fully agree with that, you see i was raised in a conservative community, so even the guys who picked at me knew when to stop
cause they knew that going after verbal mocking is cowardly and not a characteristic of men.
I'm sad that you have that first impression about us, but i don't think things are as bad in my country of Jordan as they are in Syria.
are you of Arabian ethnicity?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#24  September 19, 2014, 05:59:48 am
Is it too gross to call this bully behavior a "thinning of the herd" trait of evolution?

If by that you mean "natural selection" then I can't say I disagree, although yeah it is a pretty shitty thing to say.

Public criticism is okay in the right scenario. Bullying (a form of public criticism) isn't but is one of the harsh realities of life and it's important for one to learn how to handle such situations should it ever be imposed upon them. Ideally, no one would ever resort to self harm to relieve stress in these kind of situations, but of course it's unrealistic to believe that everyone will abide by said advice.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:03:36 am by Niitris
#25  September 19, 2014, 06:06:17 am
We'll never get rid of our assholes. This subject is mostly one of media's favorite ratings grabs.
#26  September 19, 2014, 06:16:08 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Are we seriously suggesting that a kid commiting suicide is just "natural selection" and "thinning the herd", and there's nothing to be done about it, oh well? Is this seriously fucking happening? What the fuck?

And bullying is just a form of public criticism, toughen up losers? What the fuckity fuck fuck, Jesus fucking Christ.
#27  September 19, 2014, 06:19:42 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
this is the biggest crock of shit ive ever heard

i dont know how anyone could possibly say this other than to make people angry.

#28  September 19, 2014, 06:32:24 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Is it too gross to call this bully behavior thinning of the herd" trait of evolution?

If by that you mean "natural selection" then I can't say I disagree, although yeah it is a pretty shitty thing to say.

Public criticism is okay in the right scenario. Bullying (a form of public criticism) isn't but is one of the harsh realities of life and it's important for one to learn how to handle such situations should it ever be imposed upon them. Ideally, no one would ever resort to self harm to relieve stress in these kind of situations, but of course it's unrealistic to believe that everyone will abide by said advice.
If I stole your lunch money, would you consider it 'feedback'? :P

We don't know exactly what that poor kid had to go through. Yeah, maybe he was an akward, socially incompetent, weak minded kid and couldn't take name calling or social exclusion, but it's also possible that he had to deal with severe harrasment and physical abuse.

I totally agree kids must learn the world isn't a particular fiendly place, that strangers don't give a shit about their feelings and other sad facts of life, but that isn't a excuse to simply every problem and ignore every victim. Maybe [E]'s right. 
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 06:41:33 am by The Simplistic Fubini
#29  September 19, 2014, 06:41:27 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well i can't say that i fully agree with that, you see i was raised in a conservative community, so even the guys who picked at me knew when to stop
cause they knew that going.after verbal mocking is cowardly and not a characteristic of men.
I'm sad that you have that first impression about us, but i don't think things are as bad in my country of Jordan as they are in Syria.
are you of Arabian ethnicity?

Yes I'm syrian myself. And concerning jordan I heard from one of my aunts that a university girl refused the advances of some guy in her class.  When he wouldn't stop she resorted to reporting the guy to the dean. In the end he got expelled but the guy in turn killed the girl in a dark alleyway by stabbing her to death. Said hw did it to "preserve his honour".  Dunno bout you man but that is fucked up. prerty asure that counts as bullying and psychosis.  Also she told me that these kinds of things are prevalent in jordan. Mind you my aubt is also jordanian. So I don't think it is Any better in the middle east whether syria or jordan man.

Fucked. Up. That is really shitty to say no offense to you though. ..
This is a generic forum signature.
#30  September 19, 2014, 06:42:35 am
Criticism wasn't quite the right word since bullying could also be physical. Public disapproval (bullying being a portrayal of this through intimidation) would've been better.

I know it's not what people want to hear so the reaction is understandable. And yeah, that was a rather insensitive comment regardless of how much merit that statement actually holds.

I don't mean to downplay bullying when I say that it's something that must be dealt with, it great to send the message that it's a bad thing to do. But bullying is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive. So the only other choice is to learn to live with it's existence (I know, rather pessimistic thing to say).
#31  September 19, 2014, 06:49:45 am
    • USA
Murder is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.
Theft is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.
Rape is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.
Political corruption is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.
Poverty is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.
Starvation is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive.

The only choice is to learn to live with their existence. Don't even think about trying to do anything, it's all pointless.
#32  September 19, 2014, 06:53:43 am
^ this but unironically
#33  September 19, 2014, 06:57:42 am
    • USA
We can at least make an attempt at preventing it from happening and trying to punish those who do it.
#34  September 19, 2014, 07:00:26 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen

The only choice is to learn to live with their existence. Don't even think about trying to do anything, it's all pointless.

But bullying is something that will never disappear from society and to believe otherwise is naive. So the only other choice is to learn to live with it's existence (I know, rather pessimistic thing to say).

We can at least make an attempt at preventing it from happening and trying to punish those who do it.

Pretty much at the end of the day in a nut shell fellas^^

Thats why i say stand up for yourself. Because bullying is going to happen anyway. so go out swinging even if you are going to lose. killing yourself solves nothing and the bully still wins even after youre gone
#35  September 19, 2014, 07:05:34 am
there's only so much "we" can do to prevent people from being shitty and there's only so much "we" can do to punish them. we're not the god damned police. the only realistic approach is to prepare yourself for people that do shitty things because they will always exist
#36  September 19, 2014, 07:07:20 am

I'll just drop it argument here, especially since I know you're not going to budge on it (which is okay it's not my intention to make you to). :P

I guess I'm just struggling to find the words to project my thoughts without offending anyone (which I don't mean to), so I apologize if that's the case (I wouldn't blame anyone for a lack of forgiveness). I will say that is that it a bad thing, no one should do it, and people should spread the word that no one should do it. But it's also important to equip people with the emotional tools to learn how to handle it as well.
#37  September 19, 2014, 07:12:03 am
    • USA
there's only so much "we" can do to prevent people from being shitty and there's only so much "we" can do to punish them. we're not the god damned police. the only realistic approach is to prepare yourself for people that do shitty things because they will always exist
We as a society, I mean; we establish police to protect us and what not. We establish schools to teach our children and our schools should be doing a better job at preventing and punishing bullying, because overall it's been doing a pretty shitty job. We will always have to deal with it because it's simply impossible to completely stamp out, but we should absolutely make every attempt at doing so.
#38  September 19, 2014, 07:14:10 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
the only realistic approach is to prepare yourself for people that do shitty things because they will always exist

exactly my point from begining. simply throw down and kick ass for yourself and not cry like a bitch when the shitty things start to happen from shitty people^^
Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 01:26:55 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#39  September 19, 2014, 07:23:29 am
But it's also important to equip people with the emotional tools to learn how to handle it as well.

Responding to my own post ftw.

I also want to add that in the case of young children and/or people with disabilities, that efforts are made to make sure the right support system is in place. It's less likely that they would be able to handle the stress of public intimidation on their own, so ensuring that they have people in their corner is a great way to empower them when they don't have the capabilities to do so yet.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:28:24 am by Niitris
#40  September 19, 2014, 01:40:26 pm
Are we seriously suggesting that a kid commiting suicide is just "natural selection" and "thinning the herd", and there's nothing to be done about it, oh well? Is this seriously fucking happening? What the fuck Jesus fucking Christ?

this is the biggest crock of shit ive ever heard

i dont know how anyone could possibly say this other than to make people angry.

I might not be the best with wording things. Sometimes I offend myself, but I'm right.

I think society would co-exist a lot better if we started to look at things more scientifically and less....arrogantly. If the same behavior was presented to you, not from people but from pigs or spider monkeys, what would you think the reasoning behind the behavior would be, if the behavior was consistently exhibited throughout the species (and not linked to a drug or virus)?
Why would you think we're better than that when all evidence points to that we're not?

Of course bullying is an evolutionary means of maintaining the strength of the species. When all of existence is based on fighting against destruction, how can you expect our easily-overridden intelligence to escape the gravity of that influence? Bullying seems more atavistic (that's a good word) but I can't say whether or not it isn't necessary for maintaining a balance.

But maybe as a society, if we didn't give all this shit such power by getting all worked up about it, by taking it so personally...maybe we could use our ability of objective self observation to pause, access the situation for what it really is and conceive of a legitimate solution.