YesNoOk

A handful of Street Fighter characters in a more or less full game format (Read 801 times)

Started by Lost_Avenger, June 07, 2011, 10:53:20 am

Poll

What timings should the dolls have(Juni, Juli, Cammy)?

Capcom vs Snk 2(based on Cammy)
6 (75%)
Street Fighter Alpha 3
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: June 17, 2011, 10:55:45 am

A handful of Street Fighter characters in a more or less full game format
#1  June 07, 2011, 10:53:20 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
Since I dont consider my stuff as finished or near completion in many ways, I will place my wip-ish stuff here.

I have 14 or so of them that I have been working on over the last year or so. They are under one system and that system is constantly changing depending on my mood/interests. Here it is in a nutshell:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Who have I made/started/whatever?:
------
Ryu(not as far along as Ken, but my second most complete) | ---Who hasnt?
Ken(beta. It still feels like something is missing) |
------
Cammy(further along then Juli)
Juli(mid alpha. Closer to beta)
Guile(same as Charlie, but with his flash kick more in question)
Charlie(technically a beta, but I need to double check his vels)
Sakura(late alpha)
Karin(early beta. Missing one special and needs a third super)
Yun(alpha stage)
Yang(alpha stage)
Feilong(alpha stage)
Akuma(alpha stage)
Bison(alpha stage)

I dont consider them beyond alpha till they have all of their specials and supers working while still being close to accurate. I use as accurate as I can vels while still maintaining a customish feel. I combine various things from various games in the SF series, sometimes adding slight benefits or slight nerfs. My goal is to eventually create a fairly balanced SF full game.

Thanks to Jesuszilla, Swipergod, Cyanide, Laquak, and numerous other people, my coding has improved quite a bit and the standards I set for myself are much higher than they used to be. I have plenty of time to get this project finished while still having time to help with any other commitments I have made(mainly Kofe, but it is in its homestretch so to speak). Again, this has minimal progress so Im putting it here. If it needs to be moved, I will do so.

Also, the other goal of this is to get opinions on things. In the end, I will go with what I feel is best. I use as accurate of timings as I can(frameskip in Capcom games produces some timing and vel oddities for those that dont study it). Depending on the character, I use timings from Alpha 3, CVS2, and SF3. There wont be uniform sprites, Im not a spriter. Visuals dont matter to me.

Anyway, that's my post for now.

Navi said I should post pics so here are a few before I go to bed(for the record, I have never been good at taking screenshots):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:04:46 am by Lost_Avenger
Re: A handful of Street Fighter characters in a more or less full game format
#2  June 08, 2011, 05:47:01 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
What are your thoughts on adding a V-Ism custom combo? You can fully play around with that element of the character to give the player full freedom control. Also dont forget the big guys like Zangief and T.Hawk because your list lacks grapplers. Also I dont see you had alpha counters? in fact just a parry system tech. Maybe a modified focus attack of some sort? If you want your player to totaly learn the character make supers cancelable from only one attack? Just a few suggestions.
#3  June 08, 2011, 08:18:05 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
No worries, that list is just the list of characters I have coding progress on. I have the sff mostly done on Blanka and Zangief. It will end up being around 25-30 characters in the end.

Im iffy on custom combo. Initially I removed it from Yang(as a super), but I might be adding it back. I dont like custom combo personally. Esp if its Alpha style V-ism.

Im not a fan of alpha counters. Parry does the job just as well without power loss. More risk. Focus attack and parry on the same system is bad. Esp since my parry gives a small amount of health back(about as much as chip damage from a special). Focus attack temporarily lowers it for the same effect. Focus attacks and canceling allows for things I wasnt a fan of in SSF4(Cannon spike -> cannon spike)

Super cancels are character dependent. Ken can cancel from hadouken and shoryuken medium+. Ryu can cancel hadouken and heavy shoryuken. Guile and Charlie have none. Karin, Feilong, and Yang can cancel off of their chain specials. And so on.

Edit: I guess CVS2 wins. I changed systems a bit to make it closer to Alpha 3. The biggest change will be most noticeable with counter hits. Im also going to be making a better dampener than my custom SSF4 version.

-
-
Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 12:18:54 pm by Lost_Avenger
#4  June 29, 2011, 04:58:12 pm
  • Busy, busy, busy
Someone requested that I start Blanka so I did so. Karin and Ken received updates(Karin's being large). Blanka has cvs timings and vels. All of his standing basics are done.

-
-
New #5  August 04, 2011, 12:03:42 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
Has it really been 30 days since I posted? Meh.

I have sent the latest betas of Charlie, Ken, and Karin out for testing while I work on various other works. I work at random so there is no telling who will end up in playable beta form next. Probably Ryu, Blanka and Juli. Not sure yet

Update:
Changed my sparks. I liked Pots sparks better.
Adjusted my coding a bit.
Sent the beta updates out.
I might make Ken and Karin public before too long.

-
-
Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:52:31 am by Lost_Avenger