YesNoOk

Project Mega Drive ~ Need a team (Read 726 times)

Started by Kori-Maru, August 13, 2012, 08:11:11 am
Project Mega Drive ~ Need a team
#1  August 13, 2012, 08:11:11 am
    • USA
    • korisx15@hotmail.com
    • www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
I haven't been around the Mugen community for awhile. My name is Kori-Maru from The Website of the Dead and numerous Sega fan sites. I've been trying to get this project started with a friend of mine for quite a while now on a Sega crossover fighting game, but... with no luck. I did however made a couple of stages from a few Sega franchises like Fighting Vipers and The House of the Dead. It's been a long time since I've made those stages ha ha.

I have a couple of awesome ideas written down along with some sweet endings and variety of characters (No loads of Sonic characters lol). We want to make a game that will appeal to people who've been with Sega for a long time until their last console system. Also to represent each era of Sega Corporation with a classic feel.

My only flaw is making sprites and animating them (which may take some time to practice). Since I'm free from school until next week, I'll definitely look up on that. We do need a skilled spriter however who can make 16-bit style sprites. As for the characters, I'm currently ripping voice and SE files from different Sega titles. My friend David is practicing on the coding and searching for a couple of people who can help us with this project.

Anyone willing to help out a couple of Sega fans?

PS: I am aware that there are two projects in the works that relates to Sega, but our approach is way different.;)

Re: Project Mega Drive ~ Need a team
#2  August 13, 2012, 06:42:13 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Life sucks, but at least I have JoJo
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
why dont you just rip sprites from sega games,instead of spriting them?
Re: Project Mega Drive ~ Need a team
#3  August 13, 2012, 10:02:46 pm
    • USA
    • korisx15@hotmail.com
    • www.thewebsiteofthedead.com
It's possible but certain characters I would like to include aren't from the Genesis era. I did however ripped some sprites from Virtua Fighter. Is it possible for the sprites to be remade like something like Project X Zone?