YesNoOk

New beta of KOF XI with Tag system (Read 23192 times)

Started by Syokool, September 13, 2010, 10:36:04 pm
Share this topic:
New beta of KOF XI with Tag system
#1  September 13, 2010, 10:36:04 pm
This is my proyect kof XI mugen, with the same programming and properties of that game.
The beta has only open chars (and I guess one or two close chars) because I am asking for the correspondent permissions and because I am updating the roster with chars like oswald and hayate by Vans.

http://www.4shared.com/file/mjgGMFk0/Muestra_mugen_10part2.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/fQsiTQ0L/Muestra_mugen_10part1.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/CI4Lvb8p/Muestra_mugen_10part3.html

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The pack comes with stages and original music from the game, cutscenes and winner screens in spanish. I'm working now on mugen 1.0 and the next updates will be in english.

The game has Super pause efect on KO, L.Finish, SS.Finish and S.Finish cartels, TAG system and more.

http://www.youtube.com/v/V_PW6Tp2rqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcWfe6qiU4

Please, coment if you find any kind of mistakes or bugs in the game.

************UPDATE*************
Second beta:
http://www.4shared.com/file/oaCcIW7c/KOF_XI_beta_2_mugen_10_RC8part.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/3b4nrRUU/KOF_XI_beta_2_mugen_10_RC8part.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/D_FiLrTt/KOF_XI_beta_2_mugen_10_RC8part.html
Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:17:39 pm by Syokool
Re: New beta of KOF XI with Tag system
#2  September 13, 2010, 11:25:16 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/

plz image asap
#3  September 14, 2010, 06:49:09 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
i could do german translations.
#4  September 15, 2010, 02:45:52 am
    • Argentina
judging from the screenshots some characters headpos are wrong :S
#5  September 15, 2010, 06:53:50 am
  • I changed it to match my WIP
    • USA
... Should I say something about this being a Compilation? Or are most of the characters seen here your doing?
Spoiler: Works In Progress (click to see content)
#6  September 15, 2010, 03:34:20 pm
I believe that he's already stated that the characters do belong to other authors and he just combined everything else into the full game.
Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 04:06:32 pm by Moji
#7  September 15, 2010, 04:16:11 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Should I believe this thing has Tag system, when we're still trying to get Electbyte to implement that system? --;
#8  September 15, 2010, 04:32:14 pm
Actually Nanashi, in a uniform full-game, Tag System works rather well, in regular MUGEN not so much.
#9  September 15, 2010, 04:35:33 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#10  September 15, 2010, 04:41:49 pm
In a way, yes. Actually now that I think about it, if you were to use RedNavi's [or that lulzy MvC tag] patch, you could have that same tagging for your regular MUGEN needs as well. Although, it would involve a shitton more of editting on your half to get x character to tag with another character.
#11  September 15, 2010, 08:36:49 pm
OK: I used material of other autors like chars and stages, so I had to re-programming in the most of cases the entire char, like Kyo, and in other chars only modify the code in a 50%. I got coding help of Sander's chars for the counter, in the section of Code Snippet Archive in this forum I found a guard crush system. In the first release I used Rednavi's tag system, but now I work with a mix of tag systems. This is because rednavi's tag has some bugs in intros and I am using other method in tag velocities. I could say my work is the 20% in code of chars, 30% in sprite of the chars, 70% in system codes, 80% in common animations.

I don't know whats is it, if a full game or a recopilation.

About Tag: if you can make something with codes, why don't do it? When my friends and me were hacking winmugen, we discovered some state controllers and other functions and variables not used in the exe file, like stctrl type = taggin, or a fourth cathegory in team mode called tag.
If elecbyte implement tag system, my work would be less complicated, but, how much I have to wait until this happen?
#12  September 15, 2010, 10:26:41 pm
Honestly, it's fine as it is. If you've done some code editting to make everything fit, then it's a full-game. Tag system, it'll be a while before Elecbyte would code that in, so if your method works for you, go for that instead.
#13  September 16, 2010, 08:21:33 pm
Thanks, my only purpose is share my work. I have seen the pictures and suddenly photobucket warning me about the storage, and it's weird because I have a Pro account :S.
#14  September 16, 2010, 10:44:08 pm
is it capable of taging and not having to hit ctrl 3 to gain controll of your partner?
thats the only real prob with old tag systems
#15  September 17, 2010, 02:37:05 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
Syokool, use imageshack.com, it's way better than photobucket :)

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
#16  September 17, 2010, 06:43:19 pm
is it capable of taging and not having to hit ctrl 3 to gain controll of your partner?
thats the only real prob with old tag systems

It's posible, but some of my friends tell me that is interesting to have 2 options. If you want to active tag you only have to pres Ctrl+3 or 4 in any roundstate. The way to change it is add one or two more triggers ussing de trigger AILevel en the tag programming. Im working on that.

Syokool, use imageshack.com, it's way better than photobucket :)

I'm going to check that, thanks for the comment.
#17  September 17, 2010, 06:48:51 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#18  September 18, 2010, 11:45:19 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
what's wrong with imageshack? I've never had any problems with it.
#19  September 21, 2010, 01:21:52 am
    • USA
. This is because rednavi's tag has some bugs in intros and I am using other method in tag velocities

but I actually fixed the intro bug in the updated version looong time ago :( (using a sysvar).

When my friends and me were hacking winmugen, we discovered some state controllers and other functions and variables not used in the exe file, like stctrl type = taggin, or a fourth cathegory in team mode called tag.

lol hacking, all you did was open mugen.exe with notepad and check lines :P, the unused sctrls were known for a long time already and the mode called "tag" was also already discovered (I posted about it at the elecbyte forum some time ago).

It's posible, but some of my friends tell me that is interesting to have 2 options. If you want to active tag you only have to pres Ctrl+3 or 4 in any roundstate. The way to change it is add one or two more triggers ussing de trigger AILevel en the tag programming. Im working on that.

in order to avoid having to press ctrl+3/4 in a tag system you have to do lots of shit, and looking at the game I dont think you wanna do all that hustle but hey! if you want to go ahead, i'll make the game better but will end up as KOFZ (if you dont do this then it's definitely worst).

- all the chars must share the same command names in their CMD.
- all the chars must never have ctrl=1 on their usual fighting states (must have ctrl=1 on certain roundstate!=2 states but that's explained in my tag team system readme files).
- all the chars must have a second way to trigger changestates for when their are active as P3/4 using "partner,command=" triggers.

meh I think Im missing more...
#20  September 21, 2010, 07:37:45 pm
Well, I found a post in older releases called "TagTeam System ver 1.1", then here is explained in some lines how to use the sysvar(0) to skip intros in tag mode. The download link is unavaible now and I'm using sysvar in order to get more control in other states. I fix it creating a changestate in state 0 in order all chars can skip intros in tag mode. This is because I'm using a common cmd file for commands, with all the posible combinations, the statedef -1 has changestates with variables and each chars work with a set of specific fvars to do any thing.

The hack that you are saying i did isn't true. We have to dessambler, decompiler and translate a lot of shit code in winmugen. With that metod we can modify a lot of options in mugen like the very code of stctrls, continue and options screens. Load variables, etc. If you read the readme file in winmugen you can see the programs that elecbyte used to make the first mugen.exe file. I clue to do that is that mugen was compiled as the usual way and elecbyte didn't take care of future hacking attaks to their codes (as you say, you can view de exe file as a txt document).
As the same way, we discovered a lot of bugs, and change the velocity of load deleting callbacsk to a lot of dll files, etc. Also we modify winmugen to load more than 2 chars in simul mode, and more than 4 chars in team mode but we got problems with the load capacity of the processor at these time.
If you say that tag and other stctrls were discovered before this I don't now (I'm going to check that), but when we were working on winmugen files we hadn't Internet connection, we only have connection to the MIT and the CalTec

About tag, one way to get control of the partner in intro is making a lot of changes in tag code as you say, now I'm working on that so users can play in tag mode without pressing ctrl+3 o 4 (Im trying two methods, using the sysvars and using helpers but I have some bugs). I'm working in a conectivity project in SNK to make a server to has the capacity of process a different kind of online games and other projects, like the Kof series. I use a lots of your codes because they are pretty good, and I add a lot of my own codes there. When I was checking the atomiswave programming language I was shocked, because the very programation is more simple, using animations and vectors you can make a lot of fun things (the explod animation of a super special move or a leader move is a very complex mathematic expresion in polar coords), for the tag mode of KOF XI the partners wait the other side of the screen allways, not so far, and always you have the control of they (for example, if you do a super special move you partner do the movements corresponding to the keys you are pressing).

About tag I think elecbyte don't need to do some very complicated, only add the option of use more than 2 chars in simul mode and creating a stctlr to get the control of all chars, also create some triggers using somthing like triggerx = TAGmode. I could be wrong, so the time will decide what is going to be with the mugen engine.
Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:46:01 pm by Syokool