YesNoOk

One Piece (Read 189905 times)

Started by Foobs, September 04, 2017, 06:29:15 pm
Share this topic:
Re: One Piece
#101  March 24, 2018, 12:06:38 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Even so, no matter how strong or even invincible Big Mom is by herself it's going to take some time before she can get things up and running again.  I mean, between the Straw Hats and Germa she's lost literally hundreds of thousands of soldiers.  Even if fodder doesn't mean anything in One Piece, that kind of manpower can't just be replaced overnight.  Same goes for rebuilding all those ships and islands.  The loss of the civilians, and therefore the loss of the means to make more homies, also seems huge to me.  Big Mom uses those things for everything from soldiers to weapons to ships.  Her whole operation is so centralized around the homies that not having them could slow recovery to a crawl.

Plus, Blackbeard is highly opportunistic.  If word gets out that Big Mom's crew and territories are in disarray, and that all but one of her commanders have been taken out of action, what's to stop him from swooping in to steal all of the powerful devil fruits she's got under her control?

I guess I'm just looking at this from an extra-narrative level to think how Big Mom could be taken out of the picture after WCI, since after all of this I can't really imagine Oda doing a second arc for her once this is all over.
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:12:43 pm by Person Man
#102  March 24, 2018, 03:47:39 pm
i think big mom is gonna forgive the strawhats and let them leave because of how tasty the cake is. there is no other way oda can make the strawhats get away with what they did to her.
this is the same woman who kills the relatives of the people who don't show up to her tea parties, the strawhats did much much worse than that.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#103  March 24, 2018, 04:53:19 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
Big Mom is enraged right now but she also seems weakened from what we saw of her directly after the wedding. Oda made Perospero give 3 examples of what would happen once Big Mom eats the cake but most likely these are all misdirects. I think he will give some kind of mixture of the 3 options. (Ex) Big Mom eats the cake and maybe her guard is down from the bliss of the cake she has been chasing for hours. Then Capone could possibly come in and deliver the some kind of final blow. Maybe her strength is regained and she kills Capone. She might eat the cake and it turns her into a peaceful pacifist ever. The Cake has been getting chased since 873, I just look forward to getting a conclusion to it.
#104  March 24, 2018, 06:31:24 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
My theory is that Big Mom will pass out once she eats the cake, which her underlings will mistake for her dying from poisoning, causing mass panic. Combine that with the Sun Pirate's intervention and the SH have a clean exit.

Then Oda can use her remaining children trying hold a funeral as a cover mini-series culminating on Big Mom waking up pissed off and swearing revenge against the SH.
#105  March 24, 2018, 07:00:47 pm
    • USA
That... is actually a really good idea.  Totally plausible, too.  I can already picture the panel with Big Mom bursting out of the ground with Perospero and Mont-d'Or doing the Enel face.

Another thing that just occurred to me: Sanji has been strangely unconcerned about Pudding's well-being since she made that "last request."  It's probably safe to assume she erased all of his memories of her, yeah? Or at the very least altered them.  I wonder how that'll play out when she inevitably gets brought up by the rest of the crew after they escape.
#106  March 30, 2018, 10:08:26 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
New chapter is out on JaiminisBox.

Break next week.
#107  March 30, 2018, 04:32:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Oh, Big Mom didn't pass out. So much for my theory.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#108  March 30, 2018, 06:08:38 pm
    • USA
Wow, I can’t believe that this is how One Piece ends.  Bold move on Oda’s Part.

Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:56:06 pm by Person Man
#109  March 31, 2018, 05:10:59 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
Really? I assumed it was a common gun, and the reason why it worked on Reiju is because she doesn't have the same superhuman skin as Ichiji, Niji and the other sibling.

So, for how long do you think Oda will keep the facade? Will Luffy's crew be sound and safe in two weeks or will Oda really jump to the Wano Strawhats for a while before bringing Luffy "back to life"?

If he's serious about this, I could see him bringing the MIA SH back at the turn of the 1,000th chapter.

(Didn't Ace die around the 500th chapter?)

Oh and Franky's dream is dead now. RIP.
#110  March 31, 2018, 06:39:06 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Really? I assumed it was a common gun, and the reason why it worked on Reiju is because she doesn't have the same superhuman skin as Ichiji, Niji and the other sibling.
I don't see why she wouldn't have, the skin is the basis of their superhuman strength, and Reiju was bending steel bars when she was just a kid.

#111  March 31, 2018, 11:15:40 am
it seems like big mom is gonna go into the same fit that made her eat her friends and that priestess when she was a kid.
she'll probably start eating her crew members and whatever ships that are next to her, which will hopefully allow the strawhats to regroup...
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#112  March 31, 2018, 01:06:11 pm
    • USA
Yeah.  Something about "candy-jacketed bullets" that are basically ultra armor-piercing rounds, IIRC.

:EDIT:  Yup, found it.  Chapter 851:

So, for how long do you think Oda will keep the facade? Will Luffy's crew be sound and safe in two weeks or will Oda really jump to the Wano Strawhats for a while before bringing Luffy "back to life"?

If he's serious about this, I could see him bringing the MIA SH back at the turn of the 1,000th chapter.

(Didn't Ace die around the 500th chapter?)

Oh and Franky's dream is dead now. RIP.

It's unclear how much of what we're seeing in this chapter is actually happening.  Big Mom is clearly hallucinating right now, and it keeps cutting between whatever she's seeing and vague shots of the actual battle.  I'm not saying that none of it is actually happening, but I think this chapter was designed to be misleading about what's going on.  I don't feel like Oda's going to cut away from the arc after this. 
Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:11:49 pm by Person Man
#113  April 13, 2018, 04:18:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
New chapter's out
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 05:25:52 pm by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#114  April 13, 2018, 05:52:01 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Man, out all the ways to pull that off, he picked the bullshittiest way...and now it's just bleh.
#115  April 13, 2018, 06:09:58 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
I figured that Oda would pull a bait and switch. I'm just so damn tired of him prolonging Jimbei joining the straw hats...And the cake pay off was so weak, it just literally made big mom calm down back to her normal mode and on the chase...
Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:14:30 pm by Infinite Intel.
#116  April 13, 2018, 11:59:49 pm
    • USA
So... that certainly was a chapter.

I'm fine with the Wadatsumi switcheroo that we got.  IMO, it's way better than the Big Mom hallucination/Pudding memory wipe/Future vision haki theories that were running around because there is no bigger copout than the lazy "it was all a dream" ending.

What really bugs me is the fact that the cake appears to have done literally nothing.  They spent, what, the last 30 chapters or so frantically trying to make the damn thing and get it to her, and now after all this time it had almost 0 actual effect on Big Mom or the situation in general.  This was built up as Sanji's big shining moment and all it amounted to was a mild distraction at best.

About Jinbe staying behind to protect his former crew and that whole exchange with Luffy, as infinitely frustrating as it is, I have to admit that it's totally in character for both of them so I can't really complain too much.  Best case scenario, the next chapter will be Jinbe and the fishboys clearing house while the Sunny gets away and then he either catches up with the Sunny or makes it to Wano before them.  At least he's been officially recognized as a member of the crew, so now Oda will never let him die.

#117  April 14, 2018, 12:44:23 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Agreed. Low-Key the best.
#118  April 21, 2018, 12:12:44 am
    • USA
I guess we can officially call it a wrap on Whole Cake Island.  That was a really nice chapter to tie things up while leaving just enough loose threads for the Big Mom Pirate's inevitable return in Elbaf.

#119  April 21, 2018, 01:13:41 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
It was a nice ending.

BTW when was it mentioned that Katakuri, Oven and Daifuku are triplets? I only found out just now while checking their ages in the wiki.
Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 02:45:16 pm by Foobs Sese Seko Nkuku Ngben...
#120  April 21, 2018, 02:03:38 pm
    • USA
It was probably in an SBS or something.  That's where most of the trivial info about the Charlotte family seems to have come from.