YesNoOk

Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign (Read 63841 times)

Started by Aiduzzi, May 02, 2016, 01:51:58 pm
Share this topic:

Bea

Re: Rotten Core by Team Aiduzzi - Crowdfunding Campaign
#41  May 04, 2016, 02:14:25 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
I really doubt they are trying to scam anyone, but they are a bunch of nobodies in gamedev that jumped on a crowdfunding and on trying to gather funds on a crowdfunding platform.
They didn't even list their competences on the crowdfunding page, their experience, etc.
How many projects Jeremy Patterson delivered as a project manager? Did he even ever worked as a project manager?

And 87K is way too much for a bunch of people no one knows to ask, yet not even close to be enough to fund the endeavour they set for themselves.
IF (BIG if) this project gets funded, which it won't as the first and second days are some of the most important to ensure the crowdfunding success and they have 310 USD to their name so far, this will be yet another indie game funded by the community that fails to deliver.

Just to show how lost they are, let me bring the 310 USD number up again. This is a definitive sign that their social media manager is not doing their work.

So, please, for the good of everyone involved, cancel this, try to get a real engine to work with and spend days reading stuff on the TIG Forums to see if this is what you really want and to learn how to do crowdfunding right.
Also, read this: http://www.junction-shark.co.uk/2016/01/15/why-we-havent-tried-crowdfunding-yet/

I bear you all no ill, but I have lead too many projects to see that this one is doomed from the get go.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#42  May 04, 2016, 06:13:31 am
    • USA
Yeah, I didn't want to be a party pooper so I avoided the thread for a while but I would seriously check things out there and see if everything's truly alright. I remember when I was contacted by a guy who supposedly had the rights to a Breakers remake a while ago. I got the fuck out of the deal as soon as I found out how little idea the guy had about... Well, pretty much anything. It was a legal disaster waiting to happen.

Oh my God, that was Jeremy Patterson! The very same guy who contacted me and then proceeded to contact other people over here when I told him that I couldn't work on this. His license is probably for an engine called PAINTOWN, not actual mugen.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:54:32 pm by /Red/
#43  May 04, 2016, 06:33:41 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
... Wait... seriously? That fuckboy?

Sorry, Aiduzzi, but you're getting scammed by this bozo. I'd stop everything ASAP and find someone more professional. Take heed to the advice Bia and I gave you (especially Bia's advice since she's been in the game far longer than I have). Again, I hope to god you didn't sign any of your creative rights away because you are way too good for this shit.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:39:53 am by Jesuszilla
#44  May 04, 2016, 09:11:42 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Holy fuck. EDIT: Removed vitirol
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:48:45 pm by J.A.N.G.O.
#45  May 04, 2016, 01:11:24 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Alright guys, I think that all of you are right. JP, the project manager says that he has contacted Elecbyte and we must wait for an official annunce from them. But I have to be honest with you. I'm very skeptical. As HQ said about he license, we have by our hand within 2 minutes if the question arises. It's not happening. Elecbyte is very slow to move when someone ask them something. And honestly I don't wanna be part of this anymore. I accept to be laughed as bad developer, a pitiful graphic artist, but I don't accept to be called thief or scammer. Even if you'll prove that we have a license, bad words are spread all over the world, so we'll have no chance to raise a decent amount of money and I'll always be regarded as a criminal. And it hurts.
So I asked the project manager to stop the crowdfunding, and I'll hope he will do that.  I'll try to post something about the license when Elecbyte will show itself. But for me this game is now dead, and Aiduzzi dies here. All I can say is that I'm very sorry to have wasted your time. As I said I'll not post here anymore except for post a proof our license, and after everything that's going on, I'll hope there is a real one. As you know I'm not the leader of this project but just an idiot artist. Thank you for your attention and as always sorry for my bad english. 
#46  May 04, 2016, 01:19:08 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Aiduzzi, come one.
No one here think that you tried to steal our money or something.
The point is not here!!
It's better to stop something that could be fishy at the beginning, to prevent the damages to happen.

Take your time, think a little bit more on your project, speak to people that know what they are doing,and build a much more solid project!!
You should not be ashamed or something, we all begin at the same point when we start new things. :)

Bea

#47  May 04, 2016, 01:21:29 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
He wouldn't even need an official Elecbyte statement to at least show he was telling the truth.
E-mail proof, payment proof would do and if he really had it, he would have an official document saying so that he could scan and show everyone.
All that takes minutes to do.

Stopping this project right now is the proper thing to do.
If you want to break in into the indie development scene, I suggest finding someone who can work with Unity/Unreal, team up with them to do a few small games to sell on Steam or Google play and after you know that you can deliver a game project successfully, attempt something like this again, but with a serious team this time around.

The resources are there. On TIG, you will find many people in need of an artist. Post a profile there, some proof of your sprite work and you can even land a few commissions that will help with future indie development endeavours, and with a crowdfunding project, as then you will have a name to yourself within the indie scene, and they will help spread word on it.
Heck, I might have work for you in the not so far future.

Keep your head up, learn from the mistakes done here, use the resources that were presented and keep on going.
Next time, when you are ready, and with a solid team behind you, everyone here will applaud and offer support to your crowdfunding project instead of being suspicious.
Also, marketing is key. Learn how to sell yourself and your skills to the community. Ask tips from Iced, Balthazar and other people around here who can put together a presentable video and portfolio.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 01:25:21 pm by Bea
#48  May 04, 2016, 01:24:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Aidu, you got our trust, you have always been a trusted member of the community and no one here thinsk you want to scam anyone.

But at the same time no one wants to let anyone take advantage of you.
With preparation and a solid team you can probably do a very solid game. Dont be discouraged by setbacks, but try to cover the bases before launching your campaign next time. Legalities and technologies being used should be set before you announce it.

Hit me up if you need to talk anyway. But dont feel like people think you are any lesser over this.
#49  May 04, 2016, 02:35:19 pm
    • USA
You were here a handful of years before I even made my account on this site. While I'm not a particular fan of your work in general (Mostly because I simply do not keep in touch with mugen releases at all, nothing related to what you do or your style) I am still quite aware of how known your name and work is in the community. I'm not sure if it's because of you reading through the thread too fast or because you misinterpreted something but at no point anyone here called you a scammer or anything remotely close to that. The closest thing anyone said related to your own stuff is that you should get rid of the edited sprites (Which you already were going to do anyway) and that's all.

I spent a few minutes reading again very old private messages and I think there's either a tremendous miscommunication among your team members or someone's fucking up big time on purpose. I'm not gonna outright blame Patterson on malice or anything but he seems to be quite bad at managing the information and licenses in general, and that will hurt the entire team big time.

The last time he contacted me was around a year ago. He already had you on his sights back then and asked me how to contact you. I just told him that I didn't know you and that he should ask someone else. Before contacting you he talked to several other MFG members trying to convince them to make a Breakers clone, of which no one accepted due to several different reason. I feel like all of this is partially my fault because I shrugged off the guy when he first contacted me, I told him to get someone else at the Guild and well damn..., I should've told him that his idea was ridiculous to begin with so he would've stopped instead.

Prior to that, he wanted to make an iOS remake of Breakers. He seemed to be in contact with the Paintown engine's developer as far as back then and was told that the engine was close to 100% complete, that it was completely separate from MUGEN and that it could run on Android devices. He was also told that it was similar to MUGEN, although he never had a clear of how much due to him not knowing how MUGEN works to begin with. His initial plan was for a guy to code the entirely of Breakers on MUGEN and then port it to Paintown, but that was a plan that was bound to fail since the beginning due to not being a mere "drag and drop" process.

I had no idea how close both engines really were back then but my guts told me "nowhere close" and I abandoned ship right away. That plus the fact that he wanted to sell a Breakers clone was fishy enough to me. I am not sure which license would be harder to acquire, if MUGEN or Breaker's considering how obscure that IP is (Who even HAS the license for that fighting game nowadays?).

So, all of this mess left me with a few question:

* So, what's the point of getting Elecbyte's license when Paintown is completely separated from it and share nothing with no other engines? (As in, no other licenses needed besides Paintown's).

* Are they making you code all the characters on MUGEN with the premise of later port them to another engine? If yes, are you aware of how easy or hard that will be?

* How do you even GET the license when Elecbyte is MIA? There are a few projects with 100% original assets yet the people behind those MUGEN games were never able to get in contact with them. Not even Borghi was able to.

* Is it true that Patterson actually got the license to sell a Breakers' remake on Android? While he never told me that, I was informed that this is what he told to at least one of the people on this site when he tried to hire him many months ago.

Putting aside all of that. If you really want to have a closer control of your project the easiest thing you can do right now is back away and learn how to use an easier to license and far more modern engine, I really recommend to skip the easier engines and more limited engines and jump straight to Unreal Engine 4. If you're not in a hurry, a person around here is currently working on a template to create fighting games using UE4 and, putting aside how his videos are kinda cringy at times, he seems to know what he's doing. You could definitely use that to help you create your fighting game.
#50  May 04, 2016, 02:59:56 pm
i can say from experience from my college project that you DON'T want any incompetent people to work with you, especially on such a large scale project like this.
not anyone who comes to you and acts like he knows what he's doing can be trusted. ask yourself this: if the majority of the work is on me and the guy is doing nothing but "acquire licenses" and claim to manage the project but gives nothing of value or interest, then do i want such a person with me?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#51  May 04, 2016, 08:07:49 pm
  • Antonodi'!
Guys that's what it was posted on Elecbyte's Twitter. It's too late now for game's campaign, but at least I can be a little calmer and think that I'm not a thief...

https://twitter.com/elecbyte
#52  May 04, 2016, 08:20:09 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Holy shit you actually got elecbyte to respond!? That's impressive if nothing else.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#53  May 04, 2016, 08:21:13 pm
  • Hit em with a combo!
Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Patterson. Yes we are working with Elecbyte and they will hopefully be able to make another announcement on their official website once it is back up and running. Keep in mind that they are still in retirement and working on other projects at this time. Myself, Aiduzzi and the other members did not create this project to scam anyone. We just wanted to bring a new fighting game to the lovers of the genre. We thought that the mugenguild community would welcome such project with open arms. I will answer anyone's questions by pm to this account concerning this project, my relationship with Elecbyte and my past work with Visco on their ports of Breakers Revenge. I will answer as best as I can as long as the subject matter does not violate any non disclosure agreements between myself and Elecbyte. Also, if you message me I will chat with you by Skype if you have that capability. I have already chatted with a few members of this forum by Skype. Thank you for your time. This will be my last public message. Thank you.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:32:19 pm by Sho Kamui
#54  May 04, 2016, 08:22:49 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Aiduzzi, nobody here is saying that you're a thief.

Also, what "support" means? You can sell the project? they sent you the source code of the engine?
I would not recommend to sell something if they does not specify it CLEARLY. :)

Also, great job, Elecbyte are not really talkative, so you are doing some miracle.
#55  May 04, 2016, 08:23:37 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
yeah, i talked to jeremy patterson about getting an announcement by elecbyte over skype. guess he pulled through, hopefully this becomes far more professionally and competently handled though. i don't feel confident about sinking money on the team at current, even though i'm a huge fan of aiduzzi. keeping a close eye on how this develops, hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised. best of luck to you aiduzzi.
#56  May 04, 2016, 08:27:05 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
its amazing how your work caused them to rise from the dead so heres hoping this goes somewhere
#57  May 04, 2016, 08:31:05 pm
we are a jaded bunch and we have been through countless shady projects, especially ones that claim to have some sort of licence from elecbyte. they've never done such a thing before, and they barely communicate with community. so it was with in reason to be skeptical.
i guess i'm gonna be the first to eat my words and tell you that i am sorry and i hope your project works out.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#58  May 04, 2016, 08:37:19 pm
  • Antonodi'!
thank you Umezono but honestly I don't think this game has a future. I've received a lot of messages or emails where people say that we're thieves or scammers. And bad words and prejudices are more stronger than what's true. At this point, for everybody we're just scammers who are stealing Elecbyte's source code. And I don't know if I'm enough strong to rise up again a campaign that was killed.  :'(
#59  May 04, 2016, 08:44:24 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Honestly, Aiduzzi, this could have been avoided with a better, more competent team.

I know you are just an artist, but your face is attached to this project and you are obviously going to take the heat. I would like to believe you didn't know what you were getting into and just got roped along for the ride. Either way you have to learn from this.

You should've asked for concrete proof of the licenses before the crowdfunding started, and if there were NDAs, done what I had done personally: told Patterson to get an announcement out by Elecbyte, preferably one displayed by your funding page.

Your team should be totally transparent. There is no credentials or names to faces for any of them.

You need better and more responsive media outreach. Whoever your "media person" is should've thought through posting a  crowdfunding program for what is perceived to be a closed source program. And they shouldn't have shipped out a trailer of such terrible quality.

Most importantly, whoever crunched numbers for your team gave you unrealistic (some of them impossible goals).

You should consider a different engine as well.

I'm sorry it had to be this way man, but it was all easily avoided.
#60  May 04, 2016, 08:44:37 pm
    • Zimbabwe
 "At this point, for everybody we're just scammers who are stealing Elecbyte's source code"

Who told you that?
You put on the campaign page that you would custom Mugen source code. It means that Elecbyte would share it with you, no?
So this is not a steal or something.