Yamcha (Read 547989 times)

Started by xxxx, November 20, 2016, 11:35:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Yamcha
#101  December 12, 2016, 12:24:06 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Get hits and movements should come first before attacks. That way you can make a punching bag in Mugen. Also, it's nice getting the boring stuff out of the way first!

Exactly! Cause working on those are boring as hell! knock them out quick and get back to the cool stuff!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
#102  December 12, 2016, 12:36:06 am
    • USA
he'll take his time im sure.  you have to make good "boring" stuff
Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:21:41 pm by ☺Saint
#103  December 13, 2016, 11:31:17 am
  • "The Future is Now"
At long last Yamcha is getting the justice he deserves!

I'm excited.
#104  December 15, 2016, 03:25:10 pm
  • Spriting takes so long! I'm decent at it though!
    • USA
    • nthndunham@gmail.com
Dang! Those animations are looking good! My only suggestion (and this has been suggested before) is to make sure Yamcha comes off as a fast character in his normal animations.
#105  December 18, 2016, 06:19:55 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
yeah don't worry , yamcha will be a fast cunning character

ruiluis made some new animations , this is a winpose were he changes his clothes to more confy ones or others clothes he has wore, some may have variations.

#106  December 18, 2016, 07:03:57 am
  • Not for sale
Damn, he even does his hair.

lui

#107  December 18, 2016, 08:57:45 am
    • USA
i can see that being a contest submission thread in the near future
#108  December 18, 2016, 09:56:02 am
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.

yamcha will be a fast cunning character
ruiluis made some new animations , this is a winpose were he changes his clothes to more confy ones or others clothes he has wore, some may have variations.

No shit :o i mean look at how fast he changed clothes....
Also,yeah this might be a good idea for the traditional z2 char graphic contest :thumbsup:
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#109  December 18, 2016, 07:37:06 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
This is going so well! my character of the month points are reserved for Yamcha, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a blast! :thumbsup:
#110  December 22, 2016, 07:01:55 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
a lil progress

rui has some more anims incomig, I'll show them off once I got more to show myself
#111  December 22, 2016, 07:50:07 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Very cool. Looks floaty yet fast.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#112  December 23, 2016, 09:27:46 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

there you go, I just need to polish it a bit more and I'm gonna be done with it.
#113  December 23, 2016, 01:17:15 pm
  • Not for sale
Looking great, as usual. My only thought at the moment is you might want to go a little heavier with the darker shades on his muscle line work on some of your frames. From what I can tell, seems to be a staple of the Z2 style, having really sharply defined muscles.
#114  December 24, 2016, 12:03:13 am
  • Fate's Persona
Progress goes smoothly :)
Keep it up,i really can't wait to see what ideas you guys thought for his attacks (normals and specials as of yet).
#115  December 24, 2016, 12:46:47 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
I'll make the muscles a bit more defined, a reason I didn't want them to stick out too much is because it would look a bit busy on the sprite, but I'll see what I can do.

all his attacks and specials are all based on his moves from the anime, most of the games and with some ideas I took from a really cool fan comic.
#116  December 24, 2016, 01:34:49 am
  • Fate's Persona
and with some ideas I took from a really cool fan comic.

You mean the 3-chapter one where a DBZ loving High Schooler  awakens inside Yamcha's body?
If so,i've heard of it,does that have original moves?  :stunned:   I should read it  :D (since  i like Yamcha and it is positively recieved,or so i've heard)
#117  December 24, 2016, 03:15:17 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
no, dbz elsewhere
#118  December 24, 2016, 11:46:25 am
  • Fate's Persona
New #119  December 24, 2016, 10:57:20 pm
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
I like Yamcha the way he is unlike most people. The lovable under achiever. People say that Z ruined him but i have to wonder if these people watched or ever really paid attention to Dragonball. The only real difference is his screen time. He was never meant to be a world destroyer, he was the awkward, shy, clumsy guy. Anywho, love what i'm seeing so far and having him in his more original attire is a cool way to have him stand out and not make him look like a shoto clone like a lot of the z fighters.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 10:02:43 am by TheHateThatHateMade
#120  December 29, 2016, 05:49:01 pm
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Yamcha is looking really nice. He was always my favorite human and I never understood the logic behind Krillin being stronger since Yamcha always seemed like a rival to Tien while Krillin was kinda under them.

Anyways, Yamcha's sword would be a nice addition. I wouldn't say that he should have many moves with it, maybe his fierce punch or something similar.

For the costume switch mentioned before, this could work like Gohan's costume intro where we can contribute :D