YesNoOk

[WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Sumireko) (Read 608868 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: [WIP] RicePigeons' WIPs (IZ Sumireko)
#481  July 19, 2019, 07:20:47 pm
  • 仮面ライダーグランドジオウ
  • The Scavenging Time and Space God
    • USA
Hooh boy.
Sigh.
#482  July 19, 2019, 10:35:25 pm
While Momiji was in the final stages of development, I reached out to someone in the hopes of commissioning sprites for another WIP that I've been interested in working on for some time. While it's nowhere near complete, I figured I'd show off a little bit of what will eventually be my next WIP: Sumireko Usami.

Special thanks to Blade for the sprites, we will soon have a Sumireko sprited in the old art Tasofro art style to be included with the rest of the cast for Touhou: Incident Zero once a working beta is out.

these almost look like cvs sprites, don't ask why!
#483  July 26, 2019, 06:09:56 am
  • Lost in a sea of Smash
    • Canada
Out of curiosity, are you still using the same Momiji sprites as the ones shown in the gifs from this thread?
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/new-character-momiji-inubashiri-187222.0.html

I believe the artist has released an updated version of the sprite sheet with Momiji's ears + tail and better shading:

(The old one didn't have her ears nor tail, and some of the sprites had awkward shading on her clothes or was straight up not shaded.)

Original Source:
http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/seiga/im1991114
#484  July 30, 2019, 12:45:47 am
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Sorry for the late reply but I'm aware of these and have been working on replacing the current sprites with those + redoing the color separation. Luckily the hit sprites are unchanged so that cuts my workload by about half.
#485  August 02, 2019, 09:09:16 pm
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I think enough progress has been done on Sumireko that I can show off a few attacks

All her basic standing Normals are complete so far. Sumireko is one of the few who can't rapid fire her standing LP, but hits twice much like in source. Standing MP is one of those moves with long active frames, so spacing it correctly can make it safe. Standing HP hits twice much like in source, hitting low on the first hit with the second hit serving as an anti-air, but has longer startup to compensate.