YesNoOk

Sony Stuff News Thread (Read 316856 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, April 22, 2013, 09:55:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Sony Stuff News Thread
#361  July 14, 2016, 12:29:03 pm
Nationwide 3D map ? Seriously ? Damn.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#362  September 07, 2016, 10:33:06 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:37:40 pm by Byakko
#363  September 08, 2016, 01:26:00 am
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
PS4 Slim out next week already for about 300 bucks
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/ps4-slim-officially-announced
PS4 Pro with 4K in November, older games intended to work as 4K will be patched to be compatible, and regular PS4s will get a firmware patch to be compatible with that update on games as well as new 4K games (just ignoring the 4K bit).
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/ps4-pro-officially-announced

Footage of games that were demoed as 4K, both old and new, are about to flood every news sites.

So there no real benefit of Neo?
#364  September 08, 2016, 01:31:53 am
You mean beside the 4K which is everything it was meant to do ? And the extra processing power to go with it.
If you don't get the Pro, there's nothing that the Pro can play that the regular won't be able to play, no, but.... the point is the 4K display that the regular one can't put out. It's like the 3DS/New 3DS except there won't be any game exclusive to the Pro. That's exactly what we knew it would do.

Oh, yeah, of course.
||
V
#365  September 08, 2016, 01:33:17 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont think most people understand that the 4k was made to sell 4k tvs , its a good thing if you have one of those, but without one you are not really going to get the console's worth
#366  September 08, 2016, 01:34:51 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Yeah I don't think 4k gaming is quite ready yet personally.  Even if you want to do it it's probably best on PC right now.
#367  September 08, 2016, 02:13:39 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Hmmm, was considering getting this to future proof myself but the lack of support for 4K Blu-ray is a real bummer. That's the main reason I'd want it.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#368  September 08, 2016, 03:08:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do we even have a standar for bluray ? I feel like we are at the widescreen dvd stage / equivalent of it.
#369  September 08, 2016, 05:33:14 pm
  • SNK is life
Nobody needs 4K, we can barely perceive the difference between that and 1080P.

The processing power for the switch from 30 FPS to 60 FPS, that's a welcome addition though.
#370  September 08, 2016, 06:14:49 pm
Mass Effect: Andromeda Is 30 FPS on PS4 and PS4 Pro - There won't be a frame rate difference, EA confirms.
off to a great start
#371  September 08, 2016, 06:35:35 pm
  • SNK is life
:omg:

Fuck Mass Effect.
#372  September 08, 2016, 06:50:10 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Knowing EA I wouldn't be surprised if they were planning a new enhanced version when Scorpio came out so that would be their way of getting around Sony's requirements
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#373  September 08, 2016, 07:04:05 pm
EA making another average at best game, what a surprise, my heart nearly stopped upon seeing that.

Most devs are gonna use the extra power to push more polygons because the public doesn't believe there's a difference between 30 and 60 fps. But they'll notice realistic eyeballs.

Relevant
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#374  September 08, 2016, 07:34:20 pm
Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know what the difference was. 30FPS doesn't bother me provided it's stable, but I can at least see the point of it now.
#375  September 08, 2016, 07:51:34 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
It really doesn't matter that much when playing.  When put next to each other, sure you notice a difference because there is one.  When just playing and focusing on your game though, its irrelevant.  A nice bonus, but not game changing.

Nothing I've played that's been at 30FPS when 60 was a possibility has been a deal breaker.  Heck, Halo 5 forcing in 60 FPS to cut out other content almost was a deal breaker because of the 60 FPS.  Should have avoided it anyways due to that god-awful campaign, but oh well.

Anyways, I've been holding out of a PS4 until these announcements to see what was new.  Still not sure what to get, now that there's two options.  Considering I was also in the market for a tv, since I've been stuck using my computer monitor for everything, might be leaning to a Pro.  Just glad on that terabyte hard drive, Xbox One's 500 GB went by in a flash, uninstalling and reinstalling just to switch games often sucks.
#376  September 11, 2016, 02:28:14 am
    • matthewrobs@yahoo.com
I guess there's no real reason to get 4k ps4 then
#377  September 11, 2016, 03:04:55 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I have a PS4 already so I'd rather get a new gaming laptop.
#378  October 06, 2016, 02:08:13 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Psn having some major sales with an october sale, kof and Guilty gear revelator are included in the sales for about half off. So is Odinsphere if you like that.
#379  October 06, 2016, 07:00:00 pm
Looks like EU only for that sale.
#380  October 06, 2016, 07:31:35 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
This year the Sony PlayStation Experience will take place from December 3rd to December 4th.