YesNoOk

Fighter Factory 3.0.1 (Read 1557112 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, December 16, 2011, 11:37:46 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory 3.0.1 Final
#1221  January 16, 2018, 10:20:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Another thing that came in my mind, if you want to jump to some state or statedef, isn't faster to click on the tree (left panel)?
Drag and drop on organizer will be possible :D. I'm checking it right now.
I use both. I personally like having just 1 CNS file so I can quickly jump from state to state. More than a few devs use multiple CNS files. With 1, the left panel becomes very long, so you have to scroll down it and look. Sometimes the exact statedef you want doesn't JUMP out at you so you move up and down the line a couple times before finding it. Often the states arent in perfect numerical order. But when I need to jump from state to state and they're close together I prefer just clicking on them on the list.

One idea that came to mind while typing this,

Could you make it so if I do search for
500]
and the creator uses multiple CNS, the Find function will search and put an alert or change the tab color of another CNS file that contains 500]?

It should work just like normal, but maybe change the tab to yellow or something. Maybe a ! or * on the CNS that has it?
One reason is Common.cns. If a creator has the standard states outside of their common file it'd be nice to know with just one search. I've had it where I edit the common file to fix a problem, but mugen is using the statedef in the main cns file. After some aggravation I figure it out and fix it. I've had more than a few people in Dev Help with the same problem.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#1222  January 16, 2018, 10:40:00 pm
    • France
Another thing that came in my mind, if you want to jump to some state or statedef, isn't faster to click on the tree (left panel)?
Drag and drop on organizer will be possible :D. I'm checking it right now.

Thanks!

Do you mean we would be able to reorganize statedefs' order, or even drag and drop statedef sections between multiple cns files with some kind of tree panel ?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !

I'm already dreamin, so i'll go even further with a suggestion :
Would it be possible to display 2 cns files (edit: 2 cns files from 2 different projects), one next to the other, like for a comparison sake ?
(like in Notepad++ . I have very little coding software experience, so that's the only example that came into my mind)

Thank you once more for all your efforts and also for your time to answer us here in the forums.
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#1223  January 18, 2018, 03:12:09 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
One idea that came to mind while typing this,

Could you make it so if I do search for
500]
and the creator uses multiple CNS, the Find function will search and put an alert or change the tab color of another CNS file that contains 500]?

It should work just like normal, but maybe change the tab to yellow or something. Maybe a ! or * on the CNS that has it?
One reason is Common.cns. If a creator has the standard states outside of their common file it'd be nice to know with just one search. I've had it where I edit the common file to fix a problem, but mugen is using the statedef in the main cns file. After some aggravation I figure it out and fix it. I've had more than a few people in Dev Help with the same problem.
OK.

Do you mean we would be able to reorganize statedefs' order, or even drag and drop statedef sections between multiple cns files with some kind of tree panel ?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !

Would it be possible to display 2 cns files (edit: 2 cns files from 2 different projects), one next to the other, like for a comparison sake ?
(like in Notepad++ . I have very little coding software experience, so that's the only example that came into my mind)

Thank you once more for all your efforts and also for your time to answer us here in the forums.
No, haha. About the split view for two files, I will put it on my to do list.

I'm running Fighter Factory on macOS right now.  So, a version for this system is likely to be released too.
Thanks!
#1224  January 18, 2018, 12:08:34 pm
  • Part time Creator!!!
  • Need motivation...
    • Germany
I can send you an Air File with Error

Here my explain: in FF3 is the " Auto CLSN Kartograph "  sadly missed
(this was very very good function, if the mugen creator knows to use it. )

But all air files with moves who are generated by "Auto CLSN Kartograph" crash FF3 by loading the Air file :(

can this be fixed without fighter factory crashes?

will an internet address go online again when fighter factory is published?
http://www.virtualltek.com/
Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:20:39 pm by C-r-a-v-e-r
#1225  January 19, 2018, 02:12:49 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
I can send you an Air File with Error

Here my explain: in FF3 is the " Auto CLSN Kartograph "  sadly missed
(this was very very good function, if the mugen creator knows to use it. )

But all air files with moves who are generated by "Auto CLSN Kartograph" crash FF3 by loading the Air file :(

can this be fixed without fighter factory crashes?

will an internet address go online again when fighter factory is published?
http://www.virtualltek.com/
This function is very polemic :D, but I will try to add it back. I never experienced any crashes on the new version while loading files.
About the web page, It will become available on the first release.

Thanks!
#1226  January 19, 2018, 07:19:51 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I'm running Fighter Factory on macOS right now.  So, a version for this system is likely to be released too.
Thanks!

YES

This will be very handy for future Blugen developers, as Blugen is macOS compatible (well, I got a test running a while back, but now I'm getting System.EntryPointNotFoundException for NLua)
#1227  January 19, 2018, 08:02:40 pm
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
32 bit png palette editor possible?
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art
#1228  January 19, 2018, 08:38:35 pm
  • É nóis! :D
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenFDR/
Well... I'm not here to make complaints or give suggestions to this program, but to thank for several hours in which I could take advantage of free time for single editions or full chars ... Thank you Virtualltek, for creating this a creation machine called Fighters Factory, from the first or "classic", to Ultimate and FF3, the tool that has always evolved according to the evolution of the MUGEN engine ... For this creation there is a Brazilian who works and during his spare time tries some basic issues, where he ends up having an option, since where I live what can be done to pass the time is somewhat scarce (Or the person goes to the world of crime or turns drunk hahaha), where I ended up knowing and like this creative machine ... No more words, "É Nois" ... :)

Spoiler: PTBR, meu inglês é uma bosta, pura tradução (click to see content)
#1229  January 20, 2018, 03:39:11 pm
  • Why,
Well... I'm not here to make complaints or give suggestions to this program, but to thank for several hours in which I could take advantage of free time for single editions or full chars ... Thank you Virtualltek, for creating this a creation machine called Fighters Factory, from the first or "classic", to Ultimate and FF3, the tool that has always evolved according to the evolution of the MUGEN engine ... For this creation there is a Brazilian who works and during his spare time tries some basic issues, where he ends up having an option, since where I live what can be done to pass the time is somewhat scarce (Or the person goes to the world of crime or turns drunk hahaha), where I ended up knowing and like this creative machine ... No more words, "É Nois" ... :)
What else can say?  Nice words... but... i know...

Hey, can i help, or maybe i need help
#1230  January 20, 2018, 05:52:54 pm
    • France

Thanks!

Thank you for your answers ! :°) 
And cool to hear about macOS ! If i'm not mistaken, that means it could also run under Linux systems without going through WINE (as macOS has a Linux core) ? That'd be really cool !

Thanks once more and keep it up VirtualTek !
Cheers
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#1231  January 20, 2018, 07:21:45 pm
Planned features for the second release:
- BGs editor (for stages and motifs, timeline-based editing of bg controllers)
- Simulation mode (built-in lightweight implementation of Mugen finite state machine for faster development and debugging (breakpoints :D) )
THIS! Is really going? Thatd be some serious workflow improvement
Also many thanks for FF best software i have used (using since first one)

Keep up the good work
#1232  January 21, 2018, 06:06:05 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Am I too late for the party?
I'm so glad to see you back, VirtualTek!
There sure are so many future updates.
This is fate.
#1233  January 21, 2018, 06:37:05 pm
hello VirtuallTek

for convenient sake, can you add a feature to convert all/group of 8 bit sprites into 32
also resize all/group of sprites if possible.

auto semi trans pal based on the image transparency when indexing with ff3...hope you get waht i mean
if you dont get it or it's not possible...then nvm,don't know if ppl would find it useful...well,who knows.

more option for indexing/pal editor, i use xnview sometimes if i want to make pal from a 32bit image
just so i can arranged the color with less effort and time later on with ff3.

pal based on an image, lets say there's this image represent a pal structure
if ff3 able to adopt it as pal that would be awesome.

can you also make ff3 able to merge 2 project into 1
i mean merge the sprites,this should probably come in handy for those who would like to do cs
i can only do copas 1 by 1 on ff3[copy from 1 project and then paste to the other]
maybe i missed something?...or maybe i jsut don't know waht i'm doing,i use only ff3 when tried to do cs btw
and dont follow any tutorial...i was just messing with this app,now i'm not sure if it's a good idea.

current ff3 is great already
just suggestion, dont know if those can be done

tyvm

zzz
#1234  January 21, 2018, 10:38:32 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This function is very polemic :D, but I will try to add it back.
Oh God, please no. People will use it in the wrong way and blame the tool for it.

I am beta testing this tool and I can say that VT is making a GREAT work!
#1235  January 22, 2018, 02:15:07 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
32 bit png palette editor possible?
What do you mean? Alpha channel? Or palette for 32bit png which is impossible.

Spoiler: PTBR, meu inglês é uma bosta, pura tradução (click to see content)
Glad to know that you took this path. É nóis!

Thanks!

Thank you for your answers ! :°) 
And cool to hear about macOS ! If i'm not mistaken, that means it could also run under Linux systems without going through WINE (as macOS has a Linux core) ? That'd be really cool !

Thanks once more and keep it up VirtualTek !
Cheers
FF3 already has a Linux version. The new FF is being half-developed on Linux due to awesome tools like Valgrind, so expect a version for this system too. It's already fully functional and looks great due to the better support for larger fonts and DPI configurations. But you will need Wine to run Mugen anyway.

Planned features for the second release:
- BGs editor (for stages and motifs, timeline-based editing of bg controllers)
- Simulation mode (built-in lightweight implementation of Mugen finite state machine for faster development and debugging (breakpoints :D) )
THIS! Is really going? Thatd be some serious workflow improvement
Also many thanks for FF best software i have used (using since first one)

Keep up the good work

These features are planned for future releases. Some, probably, will be some goal on Patreon campaign as they require a lot of work.

Am I too late for the party?
I'm so glad to see you back, VirtualTek!
There sure are so many future updates.
Yeah, thank you!

hello VirtuallTek

for convenient sake, can you add a feature to convert all/group of 8 bit sprites into 32
also resize all/group of sprites if possible.

auto semi trans pal based on the image transparency when indexing with ff3...hope you get waht i mean
if you dont get it or it's not possible...then nvm,don't know if ppl would find it useful...well,who knows.

more option for indexing/pal editor, i use xnview sometimes if i want to make pal from a 32bit image
just so i can arranged the color with less effort and time later on with ff3.

pal based on an image, lets say there's this image represent a pal structure
if ff3 able to adopt it as pal that would be awesome.

can you also make ff3 able to merge 2 project into 1
i mean merge the sprites,this should probably come in handy for those who would like to do cs
i can only do copas 1 by 1 on ff3[copy from 1 project and then paste to the other]
maybe i missed something?...or maybe i jsut don't know waht i'm doing,i use only ff3 when tried to do cs btw
and dont follow any tutorial...i was just messing with this app,now i'm not sure if it's a good idea.

current ff3 is great already
just suggestion, dont know if those can be done

tyvm
* Resize is already done. Convert to 32bit can be added later.
* I will take alpha channel into account on palette generation then ;)
* Not sure what do you mean by palette based on image
* You can import sprites from another opened Project

This function is very polemic :D, but I will try to add it back.
Oh God, please no. People will use it in the wrong way and blame the tool for it.

I am beta testing this tool and I can say that VT is making a GREAT work!
The only thing that comes in my mind when I think about it is that people can draw a bunch of hit boxes by hand too, nothing stops them from doing crazy things.

There's little things left to finish the first version. Very special thanks to O Ilusionista. He's helping a lot testing FF. We can avoid some crashes and bugs Thanks to him.

Thanks!
#1236  January 22, 2018, 03:00:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I wouldn't spend too much time on the auto-CLSN thing. Just toss in the algorithm you used last time (unless you REALLY want to have fun having it detect perfectly the non-alpha regions of sprites and creating the boxes to fill that area since that is an interesting problem).

Also, if you need ANY testing, especially on macOS, I'd be more than happy to help! I've helped you the last few times and feel it's only appropriate that I continue doing so! I also have a lot more experience debugging than I did 9 years ago.
#1237  January 22, 2018, 04:11:56 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
When I tried to use the auto generation of clsn boxes it'd pump out 20 to 30 boxes.
I think if you do put it in, it should have a pop up box asking the number of boxes to produce.
Either that or do 3 or 4 maximum.
#1238  January 22, 2018, 06:29:58 pm
@VirtuallTek

let's forget about palette based on image

i know i can import sprites, i mean merge the sprites
group 0,0 from 1 project into group 0,0 of other project,etc
fusion...lets just forget about this too

1 more sugestion
when croping can you add an option to not fully crop all of the sprites
lets say 1 of the sprite if croped is "60x60" i want it to be "80x80" so there's 5 pixel space
option for space or something

thanks again
zzz
Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:41:03 pm by cldz
#1239  January 23, 2018, 10:17:29 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Image>Properties is the closest thing to what you want. It uses the center. If you reduce or enlarge the borders it will take from the middle outward.
You could crop, then use Properties to adjust the overall size. There is no Add. You'd have to do the math and put in the final value(s).
#1240  January 23, 2018, 06:24:48 pm
i dont really get waht you trying to say

i'm jsut giving a suggestion to add another option with the crop feature
so if i crop all of the sprites there can be 5 pixel space on each side of all the sprites
----edit-----

@VirtuallTek
sry if my explaination somehow hard to understand,if the words i use in my post offended you,i apologize
i don't speak engish too well and my vocabulary is limited
if the forget thing gets to you i apologize,i just can't explain very well about the matter, so it would be better to forget about it
i hope this time you understand what i'm trying to say

about the crop thing,i was hoping maybe you can add another option
an option so the croping can occur 5 pixel before the edge of the croping take place[left,right,up,down]
that 5 is just for example

if it can't be done or you still dont get what i'm saying...let's forget together.

i'm just glad that you actually going to update ff3
good luck with the update ;)

zzz
Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:19:17 pm by cldz