YesNoOk

Taskmaster Updated 6/22/19 - Gouken and Grant Updated (Read 29395 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, June 15, 2019, 03:12:49 pm
Share this topic:
Taskmaster Updated 6/22/19 - Gouken and Grant Updated
#1  June 15, 2019, 03:12:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/

Gouken and Grant were updated they both have some new fx's, New special intros vs DW's Akuma, and AI tweaks, Gouken has sprites by Benhazard..
Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 05:28:43 pm by Infinite Intel.
Re: Taskmaster
#2  June 15, 2019, 03:27:30 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
More Marvel, love it.

I feel uncomfortable with the Arrow FX, maybe becuase it's not positioned correctly in certain anims with the Bow.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  June 15, 2019, 04:49:41 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Thanks Infinite for taking my request into consideration. You a real one for this. I'm looking forward to updates on him and future characters. I hope people here enjoy some of the ones that are coming.
I also noticed you added the new winposes I bugged you about. You really do take action with feedback. You have my respects.
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 10:19:15 am by ReduxMercenaryT
#4  June 15, 2019, 05:16:23 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Wow Taskmaster just went to whole new level. I much more complete and balance character now. Thanks
#5  June 15, 2019, 06:42:11 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I was wondering if this char would have its release today, jackpot. Thank you Mr. Infinite, another good job.

PS: I just think that some animations do not have so much naturalness in the movements, this bothers me a little, but without doubt it is remarkable that this is due to the lack of sprites that this char has between some movement transitions. But overall, it's a great char and I'll add it to my rooster.
#6  June 15, 2019, 07:08:29 pm
Amazing work Infinite your my favorite mugen creator.
#7  June 16, 2019, 03:46:47 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
More marvel goodness. Very nice work infinite. By the way, i absolutely love his level 3.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#8  June 16, 2019, 03:54:38 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#9  June 16, 2019, 04:18:56 am
    • UK
    • www.facebook.com/capcomvssnk3mugen/
Awesome job Infinite, hope to see some more marvel characters soon

DW

#10  June 16, 2019, 04:43:55 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I knew that Lv3 was gonna "wow" a lot of people lol. Told you, I like it a lot myself. Very well done big bro. Thanks to you and ReduxMercenaryT for sharing.
#11  June 16, 2019, 07:29:08 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Infinite there is one thing I'm trying to figure out. If I'm in watch mode not using Taskmaster's palette selector his color doesn't change when I press several buttons on him. I tried your Andy Bogard and Krauser and their palettes change just fine according to what button I select them with. Do you know a fix?
This is the only palette that is shown know matter what's pressed in the video below:
Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:36:34 am by ReduxMercenaryT
#12  June 16, 2019, 10:49:33 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Something about Taskmaster in this style does feel right, I have to admit. Though, while he does feel great for the most part, there are a few things I feel should be pointed out.

- Sword Master feels too strong, as you're basically going to get hit by it no matter what. Whether it's by the sword itself, or the counter-block strings due to how long the stun on the initial hit lasts.
     - On the note of Sword Master, I think Taskmaster's AI can actually perform the strings without even using the initial attack, but that might be me mixing up the headbutt command normal with the strings.
- His counter super is way too strong. The fact that it can counter grab-type attacks [including normal grabs and the Shun Goku Satsu] makes it very hard to deal with, as that means the only way to do so is with projectiles or by just waiting it out.
- Might have been intentional, but you can chain both standing medium attacks into their respective standing heavy attacks, even with chain combos turned off.
- Final Injustice is a great Level 3 super, but the second half of it is too slow imo, and throws the super's pace off completely.

Other than those things, he's definitely fun to play as and difficult to fight against. He's a keeper for sure.
#13  June 16, 2019, 11:05:19 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
- Sword Master feels too strong, as you're basically going to get hit by it no matter what. Whether it's by the sword itself, or the counter-block strings due to how long the stun on the initial hit lasts.
Sword Master acts just like it does in MVC3/UMVC3. Thats why its such a dangerous move. Best way to avoid it is to either roll or parry or if you have the meter, Zero/Alpha Counter it.
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#14  June 16, 2019, 11:28:06 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Great work on this character. Although, I feel like the sound effects such as the voice and the sword swings sound very low. You might want to adjust the volume of the sounds. That's the only major issue I found so far. The other characters you made sound louder than him for some reason.

- His counter super is way too strong. The fact that it can counter grab-type attacks [including normal grabs and the Shun Goku Satsu] makes it very hard to deal with, as that means the only way to do so is with projectiles or by just waiting it out.
I actually half disagree with this one. Supers is fine, but by making it uncounterable to normal grabs, it makes the counter super even more useless and makes Taskmaster more vulnerable. For example, Sennou-Room's Yukina originally had a counter super as well before it was replaced with a completely different super. I told Sennou how useless the super is for normal grabs and other supers as she sits still for 3 seconds, making her wide open for those type of moves. It was a good thing it was replaced over being changed, but I kinda don't want to see Taskmaster nerfed this way.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#15  June 16, 2019, 06:42:03 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Something about Taskmaster in this style does feel right, I have to admit. Though, while he does feel great for the most part, there are a few things I feel should be pointed out.

It is supposed to be like that but it does also have like +9 frames with +20 time on move start noinvincibility
     - On the note of Sword Master, I think Taskmaster's AI can actually perform the strings without even using the initial attack, but that might be me mixing up the headbutt command normal with the strings.
fixed
- His counter super is way too strong. The fact that it can counter grab-type attacks [including normal grabs and the Shun Goku Satsu] makes it very hard to deal with, as that means the only way to do so is with projectiles or by just waiting it out
"Aegis Counter counters ALL physical attacks, including all physical Cptr.png moves and Unblockable.png moves! Throw.png moves, however, cannot be countered."
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Ultimate_Marvel_vs_Capcom_3/Taskmaster
- Might have been intentional, but you can chain both standing medium attacks into their respective standing heavy attacks, even with chain combos turned off.
Yes, he also has a few others
#16  June 16, 2019, 06:47:35 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
His wall jump makes him float to the top of the screen.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#17  June 16, 2019, 06:56:59 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#18  June 16, 2019, 06:58:07 pm
  • Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken
    • youtube.com/c/ViolinKen
perform a wall jump and you'll see the error.
Support me @ ko-fi.com/violinken

#19  June 16, 2019, 07:14:44 pm
    • Canada
Loving it so far. Best version of taskmaster in mugen.

just to nitpick a little, but you have my username spelt wrong in the readme.

#20  June 17, 2019, 06:30:19 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite