YesNoOk

CyberBit Mugen (Read 29483 times)

Started by Lord-S, April 21, 2018, 10:41:11 pm
Share this topic:
CyberBit Mugen
New #1  April 21, 2018, 10:41:11 pm
Hi there!

I'm Lord Sinistro, I code Mugen since 2000 and among my friend O Ilusionista we're the oldest Brazilian creators that still around.

Somehow.

First time posting here, I'm what... 17 yrs late to the party?

My site, Cyberbit Mugen has new address : CyberBit Mugen

There are some characters updates and a new stage there.

Well, this post is an introduction, page release, chars update and stage release, I don't know where in the forum it fits so I'm posting here.

Stay alive!
Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:23:12 pm by Lord-S
Re: CyberBit Mugen
#2  April 24, 2018, 09:42:25 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Woah, talk about a blast from the past. Good to see you around here!

Your work was some of the first I downloaded back when I first started messing around with Mugen in '07. Your Surreal stage is an old favourite of mine!
#3  April 24, 2018, 04:29:36 pm
Thank you very much.
I've put this stage offline cause I have plans to update it at some point.
#4  April 25, 2018, 01:40:22 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Woah!  Lord Sinistro! I never thought you would be still around! Good to see you're back!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5  April 25, 2018, 02:01:32 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I code Mugen since 2000 and among my friend O Ilusionista we're the oldest Brazilian creators that still around.
We are dinossaurs,  lol

Woah!  Lord Sinistro! I never thought you would be still around! Good to see you're back!

He was still around for ages (i've been talking with him from time to time), but never posted too much (it took 17 years to post here, lol).

Anyway, is still cool to see you around, buddy. You are a very creative coder and Mugen really needs people like you.
#6  April 25, 2018, 02:45:38 pm
Thanks for the kind words.
#7  April 25, 2018, 04:31:19 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
I wasn't around the internet during the old MUGEN times, but I'm still glad to see OGs like you and O Ilu still strong & steady with fighting games. Btw just went throught SP-X's backstory in the site, and he quickly become a must-have char. :tongue3:

Eu posso não ser um antigo usuário de MUGEN, mas mesmo assim eu acho dahora ver vocês coroas lendários seguindo firme e forte com os jogos de luta. E também, acabei de ver a história  por trás do SP-X, e ele agora é um dos TOPs originais do MUGEN na minha opinião. ;D

#8  April 26, 2018, 06:07:04 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Nice to have you here.
I remember downloading and playing your characters in the beginning of my mugen days around 2001
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#9  April 26, 2018, 07:41:10 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
eu acho dahora ver vocês coroas lendários
hahahah lol
#10  April 26, 2018, 08:00:05 pm
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/bn6ymdvllj9lf/Mugen_Stages
Rise from your grave! Good to see you're still active Lord :)
#11  April 26, 2018, 11:27:49 pm
Thanks all.

I run Mugen under Linux - with wine: https://www.winehq.org/

Works like a charm!

Wondering to know if a Raspberry Pi with Linux and WINE can handle Mugen, then one could build a portable Mugen!
#12  April 26, 2018, 11:37:26 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Thanks all.

I run Mugen under Linux - with wine: https://www.winehq.org/

Works like a charm!

Wondering to know if a Raspberry Pi with Linux and WINE can handle Mugen, then one could build a portable Mugen!

I already have a portable MUGEN, in my laptop. But a console that can run MUGEN would be pretty dope, in all honesty.

Btw, if you don't know who I am, I'm a not-so-recent MUGENite that just makes stages (mostly, right now I don't have any in mind, all of my stuff that are W.I.P are in my old computer, and they need to be recovered by my dad). As someone else said, it's nice to see old members still being active.
#13  April 27, 2018, 03:35:41 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
the website isn't loading for me because it took too long to respond
#14  April 27, 2018, 07:17:37 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
I know we got google translate but wold be nice if the site was in english :) but its nice to see Old VET Mugen Creator
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#15  April 27, 2018, 02:18:07 pm
I already have a portable MUGEN, in my laptop. But a console that can run MUGEN would be pretty dope, in all honesty.

Well, there is GPD Win : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR1fyrQ4uFc

the website isn't loading for me because it took too long to respond

It's working here. I don't know how reliable the server is, BTW.

I know we got google translate but wold be nice if the site was in english :) but its nice to see Old VET Mugen Creator

Forgot to say the site is in Portuguese.
Sorry about that. I'm thinking about an English front news, because you're missing a lot of jokes I usually put on my site, like the "fake scan" of a MUGEN article, in an early 90's gaming magazine, with all that RAD attitude and tacky colours.

But I took the care to put links in English (chars, stages, downloads) for the navigation be straightforward for everyone.
#16  May 14, 2018, 05:33:18 am
  • I'm a llama!
Awesome to see you here Lord Sinistro. I'm quite fond of your Primal Rage Characters and the entire package. I was actually doing some ripping work for them. Here is what I have so far:

- Props for Diablo's stage. All that's really needed to finish this is the floor, but I don't understand how parallax scrolling works. I can rips of them at one stationary view, but not the whole parallax distortion. 

- Background for Diablo stages. The top ones are basically encompassing the level from its full horizontal length. The bottom ones comprise of the lava animation on the volcano.

- Heart and brain explosion animation when a player dies.

#17  May 17, 2018, 09:13:50 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
oi Cyber Lord..
great you got back your site..
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#18  May 18, 2018, 07:55:53 pm
Awesome to see you here Lord Sinistro. I'm quite fond of your Primal Rage Characters and the entire package. I was actually doing some ripping work for them. Here is what I have so far:

- Props for Diablo's stage. All that's really needed to finish this is the floor, but I don't understand how parallax scrolling works. I can rips of them at one stationary view, but not the whole parallax distortion. 

Looks good.
To recreate parallax is a bit tricky, if you could provide me 3 pictures, clean (no sprites or front layers on top of the ground), I could code this stage for you and show one of my old MUGEN secrets.
The picutures are : Center (no camera moves),  left corner and right corner.

It is not possible to make the heart explode on motif, AFAIK.  This must to be coded in the characters, via helper.
Only makes sense in a full game.

oi Cyber Lord..
great you got back your site..

Hi, thanks!
#19  May 20, 2018, 10:28:38 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:41:51 pm by Tyrannosaurus rex
#20  May 20, 2018, 11:23:50 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Here is a sheet containing some new moves for Diablo. I was hoping you would add his stomp attack someday.

#21  May 21, 2018, 01:25:54 am
Thanks for the stage rips, I think that's gonna works. I'll make the stage later and post here how I fix the parallax.

As for the Diablo sprites, how do you get those? That cannot be used because it's scaled down and blurry, I need the original aspect ratio from the game.
Not a problem if you get the Sauron size, that can be fine tuned.

I need to update Diablo for Mugen 1.0, but I don't know when...
#22  May 21, 2018, 01:52:33 am
  • I'm a llama!
The reason they look blurred is because this website doesn't allow full pixel resolution. Go on the link below, and download them.

https://postimg.cc/image/btcv40vwb/

I ripped them using the primal rage 2 emulator. It would be awesome if you can update Primal Rage.
Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:37:24 am by Tyrannosaurus rex
#23  May 21, 2018, 01:58:05 am
  • I'm a llama!
#24  May 21, 2018, 02:47:39 am
Got it.

Well, I did some test with Primal Rage 2 sprite rip and notice the sprites is 256 colors, while in the original game is 64 colors (IIRC).

I don't want to  use  new PR2 sprites with the old ones, even editing it to looks like the original. I'd like to rip the whole thing again and do a proper PR2 char. But I have no plans to do it, as I have no time and patience as 16 yrs ago.

About the stage, those sprites is ready to use, there's no need to edit! The parallax effect you code in Mugen.
I'll code the stage anyway. :)
#25  May 21, 2018, 03:00:50 am
  • I'm a llama!
Got it.

Well, I did some test with Primal Rage 2 sprite rip and notice the sprites is 256 colors, while in the original game is 64 colors (IIRC).

I don't want to  use  new PR2 sprites with the old ones, even editing it to looks like the original. I'd like to rip the whole thing again and do a proper PR2 char. But I have no plans to do it, as I have no time and patience as 16 yrs ago.

About the stage, those sprites is ready to use, there's no need to edit! The parallax effect you code in Mugen.
I'll code the stage anyway. :)

Don't worry. I intend to do it myself. All I just need is help from you on certain tasks. I actually had a few inquiries:

- Is there a way to improve the resolution? The sprites all look a bit distorted and I'm wondering what can be the best method to change resolution and improve the display (even if it means setting to full screen perpetually).
- Your talon is a bit broken in A.I and I was wondering what can be done to ease up on some attacks he keeps on spamming like that annoying Face Ripper attack. Its even very rare for him to substitute that with the jugular bite and add variety but I digress. This is about adjusting frequency of the face ripper attack, given that even the arcade version was a bit more balanced at the highest difficulty. 
- How can I implement the exploding heart and brain as helpers for each character. Could you provide me one example?
- Given that I will be adding quite a lot of material to your whole Primal Rage Mugen package, is it okay that I modify your exclusive name on the title screen/intro and character select screen to be removed to make this more of a full game project, and instead give credit to you on a credits screen?

Rare glitches:
- Diablo has a glitch, that at times when the opponent hits with a heavy attack (like ) while he is in the air, he suddenly shifts to the air and loses gravity on the ground. I will see what can be done to correct this myself,  but I just want to know what you think is causing this.
#26  May 21, 2018, 04:57:29 am
- Is there a way to improve the resolution? The sprites all look a bit distorted and I'm wondering what can be the best method to change resolution and improve the display (even if it means setting to full screen perpetually).
Are you talking about characters? Not sure what you mean about distorted....
If you're talking about motif and screen size, the motif works on Mugen 1.0, you need to port it to Mugen 1.1, I have no plans to do it.

- Your talon is a bit broken in A.I and I was wondering what can be done to ease up on some attacks he keeps on spamming like that annoying Face Ripper attack. Its even very rare for him to substitute

Talon never was a serious work. I did him to test my codes before porting Vertigo, which was the real deal for me.
His A.I. was intentionally broken because an internal joke, one friend ask me to code an A.I. to beat some cheap characters from 2002 or so, and I did it. It was a joke. I not even like this character and have no plans to update it, sorry.

- How can I implement the exploding heart and brain as helpers for each character. Could you provide me one example?
I'll make the code other day, just remind me.

- Given that I will be adding quite a lot of material to your whole Primal Rage Mugen package, is it okay that I modify your exclusive name on the title screen/intro and character select screen to be removed to make this more of a full game project, and instead give credit to you on a credits screen?

All my work is open source, following Elecbyte wish. Open source is not public domain though. Feel free to edit and modify.
Just put the credits somewhere on read-me file, there's no need to "on screen" credits. ;)

Rare glitches:
- Diablo has a glitch, that at times when the opponent hits with a heavy attack (like ) while he is in the air, he suddenly shifts to the air and loses gravity on the ground. I will see what can be done to correct this myself,  but I just want to know what you think is causing this.

That's the old and stupid A.I. code. Diablo is on my priorities to be updated, and I'll write a new A.I. just like I did with Vertigo.

You could disable his A.I. (Talon too) editing the diablo.def file, removing : st2=D_int3.cns
then save the file. Or switch to D_int1.cns for a easier A.I.

People don't know there are 3 A.I. levels, the hardest one is the default.

Actually these Primal Rage characters is full of secrets and hidden stuffs, I remember to put Atari 2600 helpers if you win by perfect and press start at beginning of next round (during round announcer).
Almost all my characters have some sort of Easter egg. :)

#27  May 21, 2018, 07:44:08 am
  • I'm a llama!
If you intend to re-write Diablo as a new updated character, I can provide you all the Primal Rage 2 sprites needed for him. You'll just need to replace the ones you have with the ones I provide you. He is always been my favorite character in that game along with Sauron, Armadon and Blizzard.