YesNoOk

Street Fighter One Rev3.0 (Read 93631 times)

Started by Valkyrie_Project, June 19, 2014, 05:29:07 pm
Share this topic:
Street Fighter One Rev3.0
#1  June 19, 2014, 05:29:07 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico

Hello again! Long time without visit the forum :D

Well, along with Nameless353 we decided to make a little visual update to the "old" SFOne, majority on the screenpack, lifebars and endings (almost, I think these things will be maker with game's sprites just like the original endings) more like the "feeling" from the original arcade shitty game.

Here's a couple of videos. first a quick preview:

And a recent preview showing the round transitions, I really love the result made by Nameless353 :D

NEW!!

I will post more updates, for now we work on details about endings and fixing some chars :D (...and yeah, my english is pretty bad, sorry)
Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:08:07 am by Valkyrie_Project
Re: Street Fighter One Rev3.0
#2  June 19, 2014, 07:15:57 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Looks pretty good! I would love to try it out, keep it up! :D
#3  June 20, 2014, 06:09:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This really looks great! 3 things I think you should tweak from the video. In round 2 Gen jumps on top of the super fireball yet only gets hit by 1 part of it instead of all 3.

Ryu's hurricane kick should knock down on the 1st hit.

Get hit time should be extended a bit. Gen got hit by a super fireball at close range and was able to hit Ryu before Ryu regained control from throwing it. Also Gen was hit by the hurricane kick then was able to block the remaining hits.

Although all of this could actually be deemed as part of the "unfinished" look the 1st game has anyway.

I cannot wait to play this!
#4  June 21, 2014, 07:54:03 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Thanks! We taked note about Ryu's feedback, the game needs some fixes too but it will be release soon :D
#5  June 22, 2014, 09:44:39 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Well, nice.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#6  June 26, 2014, 05:31:45 pm
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
Mugenmonkey approves of this project!
You must defeat my Monkey Paw to stand a chance!
#7  June 27, 2014, 04:43:04 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
That's looks really promisor! Keep it up! :thumbsup:
#8  July 02, 2014, 01:38:59 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Thank you guys, actually a we have new challenger, at first time I ask permission to mugenmonkey for use his char's version, but in the end we made our version (along with Nameless353 in the code) So, Gouken's in da house:

I'm in the sprite work yet, there's many of them to be finished but I hope you like it, to be honest I'm not really an spriter.
#9  July 02, 2014, 01:46:08 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Cool. Looking good guys.

Bea

#10  July 02, 2014, 02:02:44 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
This surely looks interesting. :)

Good job so far, guys.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#11  July 02, 2014, 02:56:36 am
  • Scrub
    • USA
    • burnohmysoul@yahoo.com
My art isn't the best but what do you need?
#12  July 02, 2014, 10:19:43 am
    • USA
Did you fix the problem where sometimes the versus and win quote screen music plays and sometimes doesn't?

Also, I plan on making an SF1 version of... Ibuki.
Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:25:14 am by Protoman1997
#13  July 02, 2014, 04:15:36 pm
  • THE MIGHTY GODDESS MODE!
    • Spain
SF 1 needs one girl al last but, Ibuki? she was a child when SF 1 happened. Maybe Rose? or a child-ish Makoto? >_<

Love SF 1 project, cool work.
#14  July 02, 2014, 04:27:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Ibuki, Elena, and Mokoto were not even born during SF1 =p

Then again they'd only be like 10 or younger in SF4 soooooo...
#15  July 02, 2014, 09:21:50 pm
    • USA
#16  July 03, 2014, 12:22:48 am
  • Coming Soon...
    • Portugal
    • drakeyolo93@gmail.com
Thank you guys, actually a we have new challenger, at first time I ask permission to mugenmonkey for use his char's version, but in the end we made our version (along with Nameless353 in the code) So, Gouken's in da house:

I'm in the sprite work yet, there's many of them to be finished but I hope you like it, to be honest I'm not really an spriter.

If you need help spriting that Gouken which I might add looks awesome you know who to call.......
You must defeat my Monkey Paw to stand a chance!
#17  July 21, 2014, 08:49:25 am
    • USA
C-can I help? I could make a few more stages, like a starry night background of Retsu's stage for Gouken.
#18  July 21, 2014, 09:01:43 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
SF 1 needs one girl al last but, Ibuki? she was a child when SF 1 happened. Maybe Rose? or a child-ish Makoto? >_<

Love SF 1 project, cool work.

Gouken's missed daughter ? XD

Or Chun-Li mother, whatever...

I can't imagine Rose on SF1, I don't know why xD
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#19  July 21, 2014, 09:59:15 am
    • USA
Chun Li would work though.
#20  July 22, 2014, 03:46:58 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Thanks guys, we still worked, some fixes in chars (like Ryu's Tatsumaki, Lee's Super Combo "Inner chi blast" can make more hits)

Did you fix the problem where sometimes the versus and win quote screen music plays and sometimes doesn't?

Since we used Mugen 1.1 yes, that detail is solved :D

Also, I see Cody's portrait isn't good at all (basically is the sprite from Final Fight intro and I just change its pallette color similar to the remain portraits from SF1...) any ideas for a good portrait? I think Gouken needs one too, but the char isn't ready yet (only haves stand, crounch and walk forward/back and the hadouken sprites for now... I was a bit busy for the last days to can spritting him...) Anyway I'll need some help with some sprites (basically in the hair and other details)

C-can I help? I could make a few more stages, like a starry night background of Retsu's stage for Gouken.

Thank you, actually I thinked on Geki stage as a base for Gouken stage, in order to semblancing his SF3 stage (the fake from EGM) If you have any idea, feel free to post it :D

PS: Chun-Li? I don't know... first of all she must appeared with her Alpha costume, second, she wants Bison as her father murder, right? And Bison only makes a cameo in Sagat ending :P

...anyway I can't sprite her :(
#21  July 22, 2014, 07:58:45 am
    • USA
I had the idea of giving Gouken Retsu's stage with the night background.

I recommend you actually download the game made by SEEProduction which actually does a lot of custom edits of SF1 characters including Charlie, Guile, Dhalsim, and of course, Gouken, although looks a lot better.

Go here for more information: http://seeproduction.deviantart.com/gallery/42663975/Street-fighter-1-edit

Also by the way, if you're going to include Dan made by Smoke, I made a sunset Gen stage which fits perfect for him :)
#22  July 28, 2014, 04:30:09 am
    • USA
I have a challenge for this dev team, this is an unfinished stage that was found in the SF1 arcade rom: I found it from this page right here: http://tcrf.net/Street_Fighter_(Arcade) and I challenge you to finish it!

I also challenge anybody to make a special version of SF1 Ryu that includes his scrapped "Fire Kick" special.
#23  July 28, 2014, 05:14:58 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
This project really interests and excites me, I can't wait to see the final product, I'm sure it'll be amazing! Gouken looks really nice too but I'm wondering, will he be naturally playable, a final boss or secret character? Are any other non-SF1 characters going to be added to the roster?
#24  July 28, 2014, 05:33:02 am
    • USA
This project really interests and excites me, I can't wait to see the final product, I'm sure it'll be amazing! Gouken looks really nice too but I'm wondering, will he be naturally playable, a final boss or secret character? Are any other non-SF1 characters going to be added to the roster?
Well, they're still considering it, I had an idea of Chun Li being in the game, and they agreed but unfortunately nobody could really sprite her in SF1 style.

#25  July 28, 2014, 07:11:48 am
  • Top Lil.
    • Mexico
    • sites.google.com/site/nameless353/
I have a challenge for this dev team, this is an unfinished stage that was found in the SF1 arcade rom:
I found it from this page right here: http://tcrf.net/Street_Fighter_(Arcade) and I challenge you to finish it!
I also challenge anybody to make a special version of SF1 Ryu that includes his scrapped "Fire Kick" special.
Challenge denied. Neither of us are good spriters, and the game has all the necesary stages so far. Also, Ryu has been finished already, and we won't add any other character not appearing on the original Street Fighter besides Gouken and Cody.

Thanks for the comment! Gouken will be a fully playable character, and together with Cody will make an appearance as a secret boss/sub-boss.

Now, I've managed to fix some bugs on Cody and Lee from the previous version of the game, specifically:
  • Cody's AI now needs to pick up the knife so it can throw it. On the past version, Cody could throw the knife even without grabbing it from the floor.
  • Cody now must be close to the knife so he can grab it. The command has also been changed from "z" to "↓+P".
  • Lee's "Inner Chi Blast" has been recoded. Now it hits 5 times, and throws the enemy on the 5th hit.
  • The bonus game has been modified and adapted to widescreen. Now it works properly when you break all the targets and changes between rounds.
Spoiler: Bonus game screenshots (click to see content)

And I guess that's it. We'll update the thread again as soon as we have something else to show.
#26  July 28, 2014, 07:27:27 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
lol..... Any chance of that stage just staying the way it is, and have it in as just a debug/training room? ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#27  July 28, 2014, 10:07:05 am
    • USA
lol..... Any chance of that stage just staying the way it is, and have it in as just a debug/training room? ;)

Or it could've been planned for Ryu/Ken's stage for the 2 player mode, but to Nameless353, I'm sure somebody would take that challenge, and quite frankly I would very much like to see it, and as for the "no more non SF1 characters" well, there's always room for a "Super Street Fighter One".
#28  July 29, 2014, 07:00:17 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Challenge denied. Neither of us are good spriters, and the game has all the necesary stages so far. Also, Ryu has been finished alread

^This, also I don't know what is that "Fire kick"...

and we won't add any other character not appearing on the original Street Fighter besides Gouken and Cody.

Agreed, adding more chars would take away the nostalgic factor, even if it is a remake.
#29  July 29, 2014, 11:06:29 pm
    • USA
Challenge denied. Neither of us are good spriters, and the game has all the necesary stages so far. Also, Ryu has been finished alread

^This, also I don't know what is that "Fire kick"...

and we won't add any other character not appearing on the original Street Fighter besides Gouken and Cody.

Agreed, adding more chars would take away the nostalgic factor, even if it is a remake.

Like I said in my previous post, there's always room for a "Super Street Fighter One" because SF1 Champion Edition was already taken :(
#30  August 01, 2014, 11:00:02 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:03:55 pm by Valkyrie_Project
#31  August 02, 2014, 11:15:07 pm
    • USA
I have a question, since the last version of SFOne was built to where you can't go into the data and all that, will this version be more "Open"?
#32  August 03, 2014, 12:30:38 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Nope.
#33  August 03, 2014, 03:06:31 am
    • USA
Why not?

Oh, so now how will I make my new SSFOne then?
#34  August 03, 2014, 03:28:36 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
#35  August 03, 2014, 05:45:28 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
#36  August 03, 2014, 07:31:54 am
    • USA
No I'm actually being serious though, why not?

Is it because you don't want anybody getting into it and adding more stuff into it or what?
Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:46:52 pm by Protoman1997
#37  August 08, 2014, 11:40:03 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
...I also worked in the endings, same as the game I "adapted" it from 4:3 to 16:9 ratio, also the text has been passed to the bottom of the screen and changed the format (and some chars' quotes) in order to put a bit more "retro feeling"

I can't advance in Gouken for now... the good news is the sensei has stand, crounch, walk forward/back and low Hadouken... yeah, a poor advance but I got some time and patient to continue the char :)
#38  August 09, 2014, 06:56:43 am
    • USA
I have some suggestions for some quotes.

Lee: "I wonder how my nephews are doing." (Yun and Yang obviously)

Birdie: "*Cough* Sorry, I'm a little sick today *cough*"

Eagle: "The show must go on!"

Joe: "Wait, you remember my name right?" (As in, nobody remembers this character)

Retsu: "Ha! I still got it, even at this age!"

Ryu: "What strength! But don't forget there are guys like you all over the world."

Ken: "I wish you, good luck!"

Mike: "Balrog? Never heard of him."

#39  August 11, 2014, 04:09:18 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
First post updated with a video showing Ken's changes, mostly on his Shoryuken and Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku.

#40  August 12, 2014, 12:26:20 am
    • USA
#41  August 30, 2014, 10:03:34 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Sad news: No Gouken in SFOne, sorry but it appears that the project is not of much interest despite upload images and videos on FaceBook or forums so, I just made the fixes in the endings and the game will be upload.
#42  August 30, 2014, 10:11:04 pm
    • USA
Sad news: No Gouken in SFOne, sorry but it appears that the project is not of much interest despite upload images and videos on FaceBook or forums so, I just made the fixes in the endings and the game will be upload.

Will you upload the Gouken character for us to download individually?
#43  August 30, 2014, 10:26:49 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
#44  August 30, 2014, 10:37:41 pm
    • USA
#45  August 30, 2014, 10:41:17 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
I guess it's so obvious. And not, I don't explain why.
#46  August 30, 2014, 10:47:06 pm
    • USA
#47  August 31, 2014, 01:07:11 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Sorry to hear about Gouken. Still can't wait to try this game though!
#48  September 01, 2014, 04:47:00 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
I hope I can upload the game this week :)
#49  March 17, 2016, 01:04:24 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Good news, the old master is alive :V

There's still some sprites and moves to add... basically it has moves from the SF4 version unless his design is based on the Alpha series (or Udon comics, check Ryu's flashback from "Street Fighter" and "Street Fighter Turbo" comics)
#50  March 17, 2016, 09:11:11 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
That is looking really cool, cant wait to see more of him :D
#51  March 17, 2016, 03:43:43 pm
This looks great. Any chance of adding a 2v1 arcade option because that would be a blast to play through with a mate especially after a few beers.
#52  March 17, 2016, 06:00:01 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Hmph. So much for No Gouken in Street Fighter One.
#53  March 18, 2016, 05:49:50 am
    • USA
The sprites used in this are ace.

Can't wait for this one.
#54  March 23, 2016, 05:04:05 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Little "downgrade" on the game op, I removed unnecesary screens so the op it's more like the arcade one... I also removed the bg music too, instead there's only the breaking wall effect and the "Street Fighter One!" voice at the title.

#55  March 24, 2016, 08:20:27 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Always wanted to play something like this.
#56  June 14, 2016, 01:28:52 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Post revival for Gouken's sake!

Update with some moves fixes/added:

Gohadouken (I thinked on an air variation like Akuma's since here Gouken only do forward projectiles)

Senkugoshoha (only fierce attack leaves shadows and made "shake" when impact)

Tatsumaki Gorasen shot hit added (sorry but I can't take exact shots of each attack)

As you can see there's some details to be fixed yet, like sparkhit on Gouken's Tatsumaki and add his Super Combos. Yep. I must work on his stage too...
#57  June 17, 2016, 02:08:38 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
...I suppose you need a video, I made this last night so, I need to fix some details yet just like damage levels and sparks positions as I said.

#58  June 17, 2016, 02:10:25 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Still looking forward to this!
#59  June 17, 2016, 02:25:43 am
  • Niigasan
Yeah it looks promising
#60  June 20, 2016, 10:24:13 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Thanks, in an update there's Gohadouken variations added and stage:

#61  June 20, 2016, 10:53:53 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
DUUUDE! Everything looks amazing!
But I think the statue needs some work, it seems kinda blurry, other than that, awesome!
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#62  June 20, 2016, 11:22:22 pm
    • Brazil
Congrats on the updates, looking pretty cool so far!!
#63  April 06, 2017, 11:42:33 pm
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Ahem... sorry for the very lack of updates... I was busy with other things, actually I forget what on earth I've made with Gouken and his Shin Shoryuken (I tried to add it, but idk what I suppose to do, obviously the move isn't work correctly since I don't complete the coding/animations...) So... basically all other chars are complete, I need to work in endings since I suppose I most leave the 4:3 screen format for them until the game runs at 16:9 screen, so I only need to work in the fonts (do you remember the ugly ones? Yeah I search to use the fonts from the game itself same as the menu/win screen fonts) and for now, the title has been changed too, here's a single shot until I check Gouken... EDIT: Some screenshots again, the other ones are dead =P

I'm not so sure if leave this bonus car but wel... I posted it anyway.
Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:09:06 am by Valkyrie_Project
#64  April 06, 2017, 11:44:35 pm
Who is complete currently?
Oh also your older pictures are dead.
#65  April 07, 2017, 12:12:07 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
Right, I edited my previous post with some shots, all characters are completed (Ryu, Ken, Geki, Retsu, Birdie, Eagle, Gen, Lee, Mike, Joe, Adon, Sagat and Cody) except for Gouken.
#66  April 07, 2017, 04:05:34 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Oh this is back? Still looking forward to this!
#67  April 07, 2017, 10:56:18 am
This looks awesome.
Just a suggestion - This would be great with a 2v2 or 2v1 (with tough A.I) arcade mode so I could play through it with my bro especially after a few beers.
Thanks
#68  April 07, 2017, 04:02:49 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Old School:

New School:

Either way, the message is the same. Welcome back, Valkyrie Project.
#69  April 08, 2017, 03:33:51 am
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
Hopefully you've improved the chars since then. I've played them individually and noted that you only listed one of the specials as a special, and none of the hypers as hypers.
#70  April 09, 2017, 12:26:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I love this FF car bonus.
You should keep it in the game, realy!

Nice project by the way!
#71  August 24, 2017, 01:41:48 am
  • Say my name!
    • Mexico
A quick Gouken's test, there's some details in his moves to be fixed yet and the Shin Shoryuken must be added too. The basic moves and his spcial attacks are there now.

#72  August 24, 2017, 03:20:08 am
Welcome back man! Everything looks Excellent. Great Screenshots.

Also, I sent you a pm. Take a look whenever you can please. Thank You.
Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:24:08 am by Omega