YesNoOk

"Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07) (Read 18119 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, July 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm
"Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07)
#1  July 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Update, 25.07

I had no Idea that small idea could interest so many people, anyway i made some thoughts about the first and small roster. 6 playable characters and 1 boss would be the idea

Also, no big story for the start, nothing epic about saving the world, defeating mighty foes etc.

Idea would be that Goutetsu, Gouken`s and Akuma`s master wants to test the skills of his two students.

He invites martial artists  to a little tournament to prove their skills, including Gouken and Akuma of course, and as a final challenge, Goutetsu is the final opponent.
I dont know if it is possible with Mugen but how about making him a special boss who cant be defeated, and its only the goal of the player to survive the round? That would be a bit different concept as usual, but would add to the status of Goutetsu as a powerful master or?

The roster of the (first) 6 characters could be

Gouken - around 30 years old
Akuma, around 20 years

Lee - about 27
Retsu - around 30 years

Sagat, young, hot-blooded, skinnier as before, around 23 years old
Mike (i like the ideas by MaxBeta for him) also around 20 years old.

Gouken as main protagonist, Akuma as his rival ...short before becoming evil.

Other characters could be added, the story could evolve after this project would exist.

Graphic style, Street Fighter Alpha like?

Who of you would sprite, code, be a part of the project?

I have 4 artists on deviantart already who love the idea and would draw portraits and concept art

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small Idea i had, maybe someone will find it interesting for character concepts or even a full game.

The Idea is a Street Fighter which plays actually many years before Street Fighter I and Street Fighter Alpha / Zero

This could allow a story before Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and the most other characters were even born.

Instead it could be about young Gouken and Akuma when those two still trained together. Gen could be there as a young or mid-age man. Some of the other popular characters like Sagat could be in it as really young versions around 20-30 years old. Zangief as a 25 year old guy without his beard but still a body like Brock Lesnar?
Rose as a girl under 20? Guys like Mike and Lee from SF1 with similar playstyles as Balrog and Yun/Yang? Sheng Long?

Something like that could probably be an interesting take on the Street Fighter Saga.
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:25:44 pm by GBK667
Re: "Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation
#2  July 24, 2012, 03:11:28 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
I had a similar idea years ago.

I was thinking on a 8 characters game like SF II, with 4 bosses, Gouken and Akuma taking the Ryu and Ken spots, having Oro, Gen, Retsu, Lee, Remy's father, and a random woman to avoid the sausage fest.

Never went into thinking who could the bosses be, the Illuminati are there since forever, a young Bison could fit somewhere too.

Oh, and we already have a SF 0, SF Zero. :P
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  July 24, 2012, 03:29:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Heh yeah..SF Zero exsists of course, thats why i wrote the 0 as number ..couldnt come up with a better name, thought that detail isnt important and its just an idea for others

If you think about it, an official SF game which could introduce those characters like Retsu etc. for the first time as playable characters could be damn cool.

There are a lot of SF characters with interesting an interesting history to explore

#4  July 24, 2012, 04:14:30 pm
following
#5  July 24, 2012, 04:19:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
An awesome idea! I would love to see some of those old characters comeback.
#6  July 24, 2012, 04:27:03 pm
    • USA
This is an interesting idea. I would like to see a young akuma made into a character.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  July 24, 2012, 04:35:35 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
you could call it Street Fighter: Origins

it's a damn awesome idea. instead of Ryu and Ken there's Gouki and Gouken with some of the good ol boys in the mix.
#8  July 24, 2012, 04:41:10 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Nice ideas for sure. They could certainly work, especially considering how we have re-sprited/frankensprited SF1 characters floating about.

Maybe it could have something along the lines of "beginnings" or something similar. You could also borrow from Street Fighter V's elements or even Zero's backstory. Ryu and Ken are in training. Akuma learns the raging demon and Gen witnesses it, revealing who Ken and Ryu's master is. We see Geki's backstory and his rivalry with Vega, along with everyone else for that matter. Oh, and we could also throw a non-handicapped Sagat and Goh Hibiki in as rival characters, revealing how Sagat lost his eye and how he murdered Goh. Ideas for this could come along very nicely. I'm conjuring up plenty as I type this paragraph.

This sounds awesome. I'm following this....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:45:16 pm by Saikoro
#9  July 24, 2012, 04:43:39 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Definitely. at this point wasn't Adon also training under Sagat? from what I remember Sagat fell from his throne after Ryu beat him the 1st time. Adon pretty much disowned Sagat.
#10  July 24, 2012, 04:47:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Ah... This, I did not know. You see, this is why I love fighting games from yesteryear: the stories are phenomenal and you could make some pretty interesting fanfiction based off of that material.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#11  July 24, 2012, 04:56:13 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Sagat was Adon's mentor for Muay Thai until Ryu beat Sagat then Adon decided to take Sagat's throne after Sagat was humiliated by Ryu and nearly killed. Sagat's defeat was Adon's uprising to King of Muay Thai. Sagat never forgave Ryu for it and vowed to beat him one day. over time his hate faded after he saw what truly happened to Ryu with the Dark Hadou and understood what it was that beat him. Not Ryu but his Evil self. Sagat began to realize that fighting with hate held no honor so their hateful rivalry became a friendly rivalry. Bison eventually got the best of Ryu and filled him with Psycho power. Sagat fought him reluctantly because he wished to face Ryu again and not this corrupt version of himself(Evil Ryu). he then fought against Bison himself. according to the Alpha series this is what I found out. I may not be totally accurate but it's pretty much how it went
#12  July 24, 2012, 05:01:16 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dude... That's fucking awesome....

#13  July 24, 2012, 05:07:19 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Don't forget Oro, Goutetsu and Retsu...they are older than everybody else.

Would be nice to see a young Mike Haggar, and teenage versions of Guy and Cody....and of course Birdie.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#14  July 24, 2012, 07:41:18 pm
Off topic but... So Ryu and Sagat aren't like... enemies? And Sagat isn't evil?
#15  July 24, 2012, 07:45:13 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Not in the more recent installments in the series, no.  :)
#16  July 24, 2012, 07:46:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
So wait, I thought Sagat was part of Shadoloo in SF2 (which takes place after Alpha). Hell, he has a Shadoloo ending in SF2CE and Turbo
#17  July 24, 2012, 07:47:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
for guy and cody it would be way too early

My idea would play around 20-30 years before the events of Street Fighter I

But guys, its just an idea for you people. I am no spriter, coder, anything. I havent even played mugen since a while now. The only things i can contribute are concepts of the story and also for the characters

What i can also maybe! can do is getting artists onboard i know from deviantart. On my groups there a handful asked me during the last months already if something like a mugen project could be organized.

Small and first basic idea for a roster would be

Gouken & Akuma as the two main protagonists, Gouken around 40 years old, Akuma around 30.

That would be the main idea. How Retsu, Sagat, Lee, Gen, Rose, Rose and of course Goutetsu could come into play, ..i dont know

note: i have not checked the accurate ages of the characters, these are just estimations

Its nice to see this Idea is discussed by many of you, i didnt expect that really
#18  July 24, 2012, 07:57:01 pm
    • USA
So wait, I thought Sagat was part of Shadoloo in SF2 (which takes place after Alpha). Hell, he has a Shadoloo ending in SF2CE and Turbo
Like capcom does sometimes, they flipped up their storyline. Sagat had forgiven Ryu in canon by the end of SFA2. Its shown in SF4 as well, which takes place between SF2 and SF3.

Also, Akuma would already be evil by age 30, so the protagonist role is questionable.
#19  July 24, 2012, 08:03:29 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hmm, when exactly did Akuma becoming evil?

The Idea could be changed of course, with Gouken and Akuma being protagonist and his evil turned brother.
#20  July 24, 2012, 08:08:07 pm
    • USA
The movie SFA: Generations (which is considered canon i believe) places his face change at somewhere around age 19 or 20.

I gotta research further though.