YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2528656 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2341  August 03, 2019, 02:42:48 pm
Hey SS !
Welcome to the forum, i'm a  big fan of your stuff too.
#2342  August 08, 2019, 04:43:36 pm
    • Pakistan
Yeah Hi! Long time lurker, I decided to make an account since i've recently started meddling with mugen character creation.
#2343  September 20, 2019, 12:41:21 am
    • USA
Hello hi, just commenting here to announce my presence. Also quick question: how does one gain the ability to send PMs here? I'd like to message a user, but I'm not seeing specifics on gaining the ability to do so.
#2344  September 20, 2019, 02:59:16 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hello hi, just commenting here to announce my presence. Also quick question: how does one gain the ability to send PMs here? I'd like to message a user, but I'm not seeing specifics on gaining the ability to do so.

Hello and welcome. If i'm not mistaken, you need a certain amount of posts in the forum to be able to send PM. It must be somewhere in the rules. This is to avoid bot/spam.
#2345  September 21, 2019, 10:38:36 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Allow me to reintroduce myself because I changed my username a lot...

My first username was Alister Savitar
My second username was Hunter Cerberus
My third username was KT777
My current username is Godlike Emerie

Special thanks to...
my older brother for bringing me into the mugen community
Jmorphman & 2Dee4ever for advice and motivation
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 06:41:28 pm by Godlike Emerie
#2346  September 23, 2019, 02:44:07 pm
    • USA

Hello and welcome. If i'm not mistaken, you need a certain amount of posts in the forum to be able to send PM. It must be somewhere in the rules. This is to avoid bot/spam.

Ah. Makes sense. I saw another user mention needing at least 10 posts to send PMs.
#2347  September 23, 2019, 10:23:24 pm
    • USA
Hi my name is Zack. I just use mugen for fun.
#2348  October 04, 2019, 12:37:31 am
Good day y'all beautiful bastards :)
#2349  October 27, 2019, 12:42:20 am
  • Saltybet Scouter
  • Always on the hunt.
I don't know how well received I'm going to be, but hello! Just call me Noir.
I scout for and screen characters and stages for Saltybet.com, the MUGEN betting site, and I'm always on the lookout for new releases, so I figure one of the best ways about that would be to join up here! There's a lot of great authors on here I'd love to follow.
I also occasionally make AI battle videos on Youtube, but its more a just for fun thing than anything serious. I have almost no aptitude for actually playing fighting games, but MUGEN offers a unique entertainment experience with AI fights that I find amazing.
I have a strong leaning towards SNK edits and conversions, but there aren't many series I straight up dislike.

At some point down the line, I'd like to really get into actually making characters, which is another reason to join up here. Right now, the most I know how to do is small tweaks and conversions.

I hope this goes well!
#2350  October 27, 2019, 03:23:28 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hello Noir, and welcome! I hope you have a good time here. Everything you said sounds interesting, is always cool to see new people here trying to learn and eventually creating and releasing content for mugen. There are tons of help threads here if you get lost, and of course you can always talk about non-mugen stuff too. Good luck!
#2351  November 04, 2019, 07:25:44 am
Total noobie, been watching mugen vids for a while. wanna learn how to play this thing cause its so awesome. also should I keep posting here or where can I continue a convo with someone who can help a person who needs... a for dummies guide?
Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:29:30 am by Blankmind
#2352  November 04, 2019, 07:54:31 am
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
Total noobie, been watching mugen vids for a while. wanna learn how to play this thing cause its so awesome. also should I keep posting here or where can I continue a convo with someone who can help a person who needs... a for dummies guide?

welcome to MFG, Blankmind.
#2353  November 10, 2019, 01:16:58 am
  • Vago
    • Argentina
Hola soy Nathael, soy nuevo hace unas semanas conocĂ­ mugen y conosco muy poco, pero me encanta
#2354  November 12, 2019, 04:56:42 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please use English outside of the International forum.
#2355  November 16, 2019, 06:37:26 am
    • Chile
Hello! Nice to meet y'all.

My name is Opossum. I've been a fan of MUGEN since 2007 in my teenage years, and I've modified some characters and stages before to my own taste in rather personal compilations (i.e. CNS, palettes, sprites, audio, music, etc), although I don't preserve any edit worth sharing here. I never was active in the MUGEN fandom before, but I'll now because I aiways felt appreciation about the numerous creations that emerged from it.

Now I'll talk about what I consider my contribution to the community: currently I'm myself developing a new MUGEN engine from scratch. I don't have a name for it yet, but I plan to make it open source and as portable as possible, giving it some new features aside from being at least 90% compatible with the Elecbyte's original engine.

I have some videos demonstrating how it works if you want to see them (it runs on a homebrewed Nintendo Wii and Raspberry Pi to give you an idea), and I'll upload new videos whenever there's any interesting update, but meanwhile I pretend to get more involved with the community instead of just being a lurker, and give feedback in stuff if I can. I hope I can get along with you.
I'm writing a MUGEN engine from scratch. If you want to talk about it be free to send me a message!
Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:00:32 pm by OpossumDaemon
#2356  November 20, 2019, 03:34:00 am
    • Argentina
Hi, im Naza 15, i just join here, i like mugen especially the JoJo stuff.
#2357  November 20, 2019, 03:38:30 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Welcome pal.
#2358  December 13, 2019, 01:00:00 am
    • USA
Newbie to M.U.G.E.N. character making, but I am hoping to get better and hopefully even make my own original work.
#2359  December 14, 2019, 03:02:28 pm
    • Italy
Hi! I'm Michele, and I'm Italian.

I've known about MUGEN since 2013~2014, and while I've had my fun with the game itself, I always wanted to make a MUGEN character, although I was never quite able to.
I've since grown in skill and knowledge, so hopefully I'll manage to whip out something decent.

Videogame-wise, my favourites include Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X1, Star Fox 64, Asurs's Wrath, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Jet Set Radio (OG and Future) and NiGHTS Into Dreams..., but my favourite fighting games are strictly Capcom-made (basically every Street Fighter, Heritage for the Future, Vampire Savior), although I do enjoy Dragon Ball FighterZ, Sonic the Fighters, and Smash Bros.

Sorry for the infodump, and I'm looking forward to sharing my MUGEN creations!
#2360  December 14, 2019, 03:33:49 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Welcome to both. Hoping to see characters from the newcomers soon :D