YesNoOk

Air Dash Online (platform fighter, currently on Kickstarter) (Read 3649 times)

Started by Seventh, October 14, 2013, 04:36:52 am
Share this topic:
Air Dash Online (platform fighter, currently on Kickstarter)
#1  October 14, 2013, 04:36:52 am
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1289882404/air-dash-online-the-competitive-platform-fighter

Air Dash Online (ADO) is a new platform fighter inspired by the Super Smash Bros community, emphasizing an original roster, competitive play, and your input! We aim to maintain the genre's fundamental gameplay, while introducing new mechanics and re-capturing the speed of Melee. Fight your way up the ladder with a diverse cast of characters, ranging from an electrified punk to a dual wielding yo-yo slinger. Your battlegrounds are the slums of a stormy dystopian metropolis, a secret workshop hidden away in a clock tower, and many more!

Inspirations: Our goal is to empower you by creating characters that move exactly way you want, even at a moments notice. We expanded on the movement mechanics from Smash Bros. Melee. We also took elements from Guilty Gear like air dashing and anime inspired art direction. We love the aerial combat featured in Dragon Ball Z anime. It inspired us to create air dash canceling and an air-tech mechanic that add a unique twist to aerial combat!

Online Matchmaking: The opponents you are matched up against will be near your skill level every step of the way. Fighting your way to the top of the rankings will allow you to play against the top competitive Super Smash Brother Melee players, until a new generation of air dash players is born.

Platform: Play on Windows, Mac OSX, or Linux with your favorite USB controller, fight-stick, or keyboard.

Estimated Release Dates:
Alpha (Offline) - January 2014
Beta (Online) - June 2014
Public - November 2014

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMAQz3aBSNM
Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 09:48:55 pm by Seventh
Re: Air Dash Online (platform fighter, currently on Kickstarter)
#2  October 15, 2013, 07:31:38 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
another Super Smash clone ? even if its online, the log won't help ,I'll go look for something else.
#3  October 15, 2013, 06:00:34 pm
  • SNK is life
To be honest, it doesn't look bad at all. It's a very brave effort!
#4  October 15, 2013, 07:08:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I see a lot of potential in this. I'm supporting it.
#5  October 15, 2013, 07:17:26 pm
An Anime-Smash fighter...  :o
I'll keep an eye on this.

On a side note, just how many games have taken some inspiration from Dragonball/DBZ?
#6  October 16, 2013, 02:51:07 am
I got a chance to play this at EVO this year.
It's hard to form a full opinion of an unfinished game, but my view at the time was it was bad.
Controls were clunky and unresponsive at times.
Trying to recover was next to impossible. If I remember correctly you couldn't grab the ledge at all.
We had to use a gamecube controller which is cool, but it would lose calibration mid game which is not cool. I don't know if you could use a generic usb controller or not.