YesNoOk

fightin' game character look-a-likes (Read 102625 times)

Started by MellyInChains, August 06, 2012, 11:57:55 pm
Share this topic:
fightin' game character look-a-likes
#1  August 06, 2012, 11:57:55 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
for some reason i thought it would be an interesting discussion since there's a lot more similarities i'm still not aware of. and yeah i know a lot of them are intentional, but i doubt this is:

mukuro there and wallace from nightmare creatures 2. it just sorta hit me last night, they have the same stringy spots of hair, the same face bandages, and they're both fucking crazy. again i doubt that wallace was really inspired by mukuro, but hey. there is a chance i guess.

i don't really have any other ones that aren't immediately obvious, but i'm interested in what else is out there. funnily enough while i'm at it, wolf from battle k-road isn't based off of slyvester stallone, but an actual sambo martial artist with the last name of wolf, but i can't remember his actual name. all i know is the character may or may not be meant to be him.

so yeah, anything else?
Re: fightin' game character look-a-likes
#2  August 07, 2012, 12:12:02 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i still chuckle a bit when I see a character based on journey to the west songoku.
#3  August 07, 2012, 12:13:56 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA

especially when they look like this, i bet
#4  August 07, 2012, 01:09:56 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Ryu-Akira Yuki-Kung Fu Man :D
Nina Williams-Sarah Bryant
etc
etc
I swear there was something cool here!!
#5  August 07, 2012, 01:32:11 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
bah, those are boring.

The one that had me pretty puzzled was rock howard - eleonor something-from-tekken.
#6  August 07, 2012, 01:42:46 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
You mean Rock Howard with Leo from Tekken 6, right?? I associate her with NGBC Yuki, too (damn, passes long time to know about Leo being a girl)

Also, Kyosuke Kagami with Iori Yagami :P

EDIT: Added pics

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:56:32 pm by Basara Mystery
#7  August 07, 2012, 06:04:50 am
thread sucks without pictures
#8  August 07, 2012, 10:24:24 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Kitana and Mileena, they look totally the same in Mortal Kombat 2 except the colors.

Someone laugh now please.

Strider Hiryu and Jago from KI look relative similar

And well..Ganryu and that Sumo Wrestler from VF

#9  August 07, 2012, 10:27:09 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I do have to agree with Titiln here. Without screenshots, there's really no point in posting an example.

I mean, I do know the characters, so I have no problem in knowing your examples, but the fun part is to see it, not read it.
#10  August 07, 2012, 01:52:26 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
got it. and if you would, please try harder than 'this sumo guy looks like this other sumo guy' and 'this ninja looks like this other ninja', they're archetypes that all look identical and they're pretty obvious

now...

amiba from hokuto no ken when he roids out / wyler from art of fighting 3. as a lot of characters were inspired from hnk, i have no doubt this was intentional. they're also both kind of off their rocker.

heart heat harn from battle monsters, joker from super fighter, and karnov. i just find it interesting this look is kinda shared with these three. notice the egyptian choker thing karnov and harn have, joker and harn have the same shorts, they're all shirtless and wear the pointed boots. most likely a coincidence but still kinda amusing

baraka and count orlok. now i know this isn't an accident. because baraka's mask is really just a count orlok mask but with press-on nails stuck to the mouth.

kagekiyo from genpei toma den and musashi/conbon from street fighter 4 for the nes (the REAL one thank you!). seeing how sf4 is a bootleg that takes some materials from other games, it's not very unlikely they modeled musashi off of kagekiyo. they do stuff like that, y'know.

lastly the wolf comparison i was talking about. 'wolf' here is based off of the guy there, who is an mma fighter by the name of 'volk han', which means 'wolf king'. he's one of the most famous sambo martial artists in russia, which happens to be k-road wolf's fighting style as well. although it isn't immediately obvious just looking at them.

i'll fetch some more when i think of better ones

CF7

#11  August 07, 2012, 03:18:17 pm
The Bison Troopers,

(based on the expendable goons from Street Fighter the Movie), like the troopers from Masters of the Universe,

come from this hivemind-ish environment spawned by Star Wars.

But could this

be the other way around?

Do you guys know of more examples?
#12  August 07, 2012, 04:34:42 pm
all the ninjas and cyborgs in mortal combat.
#13  August 07, 2012, 06:15:14 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
oh for christ's sake....

....anyway yeah they do seem a bit like the stormtroopers now that i think about it (or general 'trooper' characters, i don't actually know all that much about star wars n' such)
#14  August 07, 2012, 06:44:23 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Aw shit. I remember seeing some asian boxer who looked like a carbon copy of Burai from BBB. I can not find anything about him though. :/

A bit more obvious one would Heidern and Colonel from HNK.

Not shown but he also uses claws.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 06:55:11 pm by Lolmechy
#15  August 07, 2012, 08:17:19 pm
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net
Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:29:34 pm by GMSpectre
#16  August 07, 2012, 11:52:22 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#17  August 08, 2012, 01:31:32 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
heh i kinda see that too now

also forgot about the most amusing one to me

billy two moons from tattoo assassins. now i know most people, even maybe some of you, are instantly going 'that guy was just a lame freakin rip-off of nightwolf'

well....no. for one, tattoo assassins was done BEFORE mortal kombat 3. in fact i'm actually really suspicious of mk3 ripping tattoo assassins off instead, but forget about that for a moment

billy two moons is actually pretty much a thinly veiled parody of tom laughlin's role as 'billy jack'

they're both pretty much defined by 'totally white guy playing native american', and they're...both sort of vigilantes who the cops want dead. i'll think of some more later cuz i forgot this one before
#18  August 08, 2012, 02:06:17 am

kim kaphwan and ji jan-Jae i can't find a young ji jan jae picture all i can find are his older version and some korean metro sexual actors.

makoto from sf3/4 and shun from sfzero movie. when i first saw shun i thought he was makoto as a child.

samus and nina williams. roy(rival school) and terry (garou) , nash and that metal slug guy.
demitri and kazuya both sporting that weird swept back hairdoo. and every sumo character in every fighting game except for snk's hinako.

bazzette from fsn and vanessa, wang from tekken and tung fu rue.
#19  August 08, 2012, 03:30:01 am
  • For honor!

Dantel from Survival Arts

Some guy that gets killed at the beginning of Cobra vs Ninja
Iroha stripped for me
#20  August 08, 2012, 08:07:45 am
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net