YesNoOk

Reasons for choosing favorite characters? (Read 7109 times)

Started by Niitris, December 13, 2013, 03:13:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Reasons for choosing favorite characters?
#41  December 14, 2013, 08:00:31 pm
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#42  December 14, 2013, 08:05:55 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
My fav characters tend to be the harder ones to play at least for me, like Vega/Claw was rather hard for me to master so I enjoyed being able to eventually to pull off the moves that give me trouble.
#43  December 14, 2013, 08:28:56 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
well for myself i always choose the wersler type char like raiden and zangief or haggar
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#44  December 14, 2013, 08:34:09 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#45  December 14, 2013, 08:37:52 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
First: Looks/Personality, I share Sai's taste for obscure, loner chars. Also a bit sadist (Iori), or tough guys (K', Kazuya, Venom)
Second: Gameplay, fighting style and/or use of special powers, like Fire, ice, etc. I'm not a fan of grapplers except for Alex and King (Tekken), I LOVE samurais or sword users, Mitsurugi and Siegfried are my mains in SC, I also like Boxing and Tae Kwon Do, that makes my mains in Tekken Kazuya, Yoshimitsu, and Steve Fox.
Third: Commands, I suck at charge motions so that's why I don't use Ash Crimson too often (I know, it's weird)

So my mains would be people like, K', Terry Bogard, Iori Yagami, Kazuya Mishima, Steve Fox, Yoshimitsu, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Alex, Dudley, etc. 

#46  December 14, 2013, 08:45:03 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
My criteria is the character I like most. I don't mind if the gameplay of the characters I pick is different from each other (for example switching from a fast type to a grappler type) I just need to get used to it, and even if I'm bad at using it, I don't care. If I don't like the character, I won't use it, and that usually means personality, looks and how appealing its gameplay is. If the gameplay is interesting, but I don't like the character itself I won't use it. Of course, if the gameplay is not appealing at all, even if the character looks good I won't use it.

For example, I like the gameplay Litchi has in BB, but I don't like the character itself, so I don't use it. Same goes for Ragna, even though I do like how he is as character, I don't find his gameplay interesting at all even though it's easier to use, so I won't use it.

And what type do I prefer? Well, don't really have a preference there, it's just if I get a "Damn, I like this character" feeling then I probably will main it.
#47  December 14, 2013, 08:59:29 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
First: Looks/Personality, I share Sai's taste for obscure, loner chars. Also a bit sadist (Iori), or tough guys (K', Kazuya, Venom)
Second: Gameplay, fighting style and/or use of special powers, like Fire, ice, etc.

So my mains would be people like, K', Terry Bogard, Iori Yagami, Kazuya Mishima, Steve Fox, Yoshimitsu, Siegfried, Mitsurugi, Alex, Dudley, etc.

Great taste good sir!! I forgot about Heihachi and Kazuya. And Venom!! Also, Iori, Rugal, Geese and Joe are favorites from SNK. And Grant from Garou. His art is amazing in my eyes. Case in point:

I flipped my lid the first time I saw that.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#48  December 14, 2013, 11:02:21 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
yup grant is very awesome i wish snk add use him more
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#49  December 14, 2013, 11:08:38 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
I'm fine with charge/grapplers in fighters, but they are never my Mains or favs.
I also have to like their character. I like characters that are just damn cool like Dudley or Cody, or characters who's appearance or personality or something is likable, e.g Cammy, Robert.
I'm fine with both male and female characters, but for the female characters, I'll probably pick the prettier and more feminine pixel people over the uglier ones.
#50  December 14, 2013, 11:14:29 pm
I normally like characters that are sort of fast, but not built around being fast at the exclusion of everything else; and that have been in a series a while, but aren't the most prominent or main character in a series.

Hwoarang and Hwang are pretty good examples of my ideal playstyle (though, fuck Yun-Seung).

That said, I main Astaroth in SC these days and I have absolutely no idea why he clicks for me so well because I don't like slow/bruiser type characters or grapplers at all normally. But he's deceptively fast and his reach/delay mindgames make me giggle.
#51  December 14, 2013, 11:23:09 pm
  • FEED AN APPETITE FIT FOR SAURON
    • USA
    • zombie_raptor@yahoo.com
#52  December 15, 2013, 02:34:39 am
  • For honor!
Shhh I'm trying to kill someone's soul
Iroha stripped for me