YesNoOk

Tekken 7 [PS4, XB1] (Read 464320 times)

Started by Niitris, July 13, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
Share this topic:
Tekken 7 [PS4, XB1]
#1  July 13, 2014, 06:31:03 pm
It's official.

Katsuhiro Harada said:
“With Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve the visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it allows us to easily bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire.”

Tekken 7 is (as you can see), the seventh mainline entry in the series and is the game that'll feature the 20th anniversary of the Tekken franchise. Boasted as the world's highest selling fighting game franchise, Bandai Namco plans to utilize the power of Unreal Engine 4 in conjunction with refining the beloved gameplay to make this the best entry yet. It also brings forth the conclusion of the Mishima saga, as fan favorites Kazuya and Heihachi do battle once more (it's not the end of the series you dolts, do you believe what just anyone says)?

The game came out in arcades in Feburary 18th, 2015, seeing a initial release of 20 characters. As expected, more characters were launched periodically via the time release method that Tekken has become known for. While currently most prominent in the Asian market, there are select arcade centers in America that also feature the game (go play it, it's fun).

Returning characters:
Alisa Bosconovitch
Asuka Kazama
Bryan Fury
Devil Jin
Emilie De Rochefort
Feng Wei
Heihachi Mishima
Hwoarang
Jack-7
Jin Kazama
Kazuya Mishima
King
Lars Alexandersson
Leo Kliesen
Ling Xiaoyu
Marshall Law
Paul Phoenix
Sergei Dragunov
Steve Fox
Yoshimitsu

New Characters:
Claudio Serafino
Gigas
Josie Rizal
Katarina Alves
Lucky Chloe
Shaheen
Kazumi Mishima (Boss)

New Mechanics

Rage Arts: When In Rage mode, entering a command (char specific) will unleash an attack that does a nice amount of damage. Crushes all attacks as long as the player has enough health. Does less damage if done from a combo.

Power Crush: A move that grants armor for the attacker. It crushes High and Mid attacks and grants additional damage if an attack is absorbed.

Screw Attack: Replacing Bound, these attacks serve to extend combos on an airborne opponent. They possess greater carry capabilities than bound.
Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:21:20 pm by Niitris X
Re: Tekken 7
#2  July 13, 2014, 06:39:45 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Make Wild Card the Final Boss.
#3  July 13, 2014, 07:11:34 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Make Angel not suck in this game, please.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  July 13, 2014, 07:15:25 pm
Ditch Lars Alexblandersson.
#5  July 13, 2014, 07:16:41 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Give Eliza her CG character portrait. :D
#6  July 13, 2014, 07:49:42 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Inb4 "Bound hate. TTT had more strategy." Bullshit

I hope it'll still be ported to ps3/xbox360/last gen, though I highly doubt it.

Also, bring back Scenario Campaign and Tekken Ball, Harada!

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#7  July 13, 2014, 08:03:48 pm
I don't mind bound (although it looks kinda silly), but the game need to be streamlined somehow.

Someone interviewed Harada a couple weeks ago about the future of Tekken:

About Tekken I had Harada in interview two weeks ago. We talked for one hour about the future of Tekken. To make it short here's what he said to me :

- They had complaints that TTT2 had too many characters so they'll stop at T6 number.

- Tekken Revo worked great in USA, for younger players, and it also had people (casuals) coming back to the series after leaving it for years. It means the F2P model, even if he didn't talked about making money with it, can help people play your game, find a new public, by lowering the entry charge.

- I told him that in my opinion, Tekken was a game from the nineties for people that grew in this period. Because the game is full of colors, electro, nonsense, light hearted things. You can have the old master Baek, then the stylish nineties hwoarang then a bear so I asked him if he realized that maybe, it was too much for people born after 2000. I feel that younger players want cool but "serious" things and that being funny and absurd was maybe is ok but for one character but not for the entire game. He told me he agreed on that and that he has to work on this while still staying true to Tekken, and that it's hard.

- We talked about tutorials and how everyone says fighting games are too complicated and people wants to get in without making any efforts, and they want tutorials. So I basically said what I said here. Harada told me he agreed somehow, but that if learning was a too hard, people would stop playing the game, even of the tutorial is great. He said he wanted some tutorial with a cool coach maybe, something funny that helps you feel good.
Niitris: Basically, he said teaching FG theory is limited (which is what most all of today's tutorials do); the only way to learn is in actual battle, ideally with a coach (which I agree).

- We tried to talk about teaching the meaning of mechanics, and not just the theory, but it was hard because of the translation (and because I had two car accidents on the way, so I was exhausted). What I said to him and since he practiced Judo (I practiced french kickboxing so we could talk about this) and knows what it's about to learn how to fight, maybe it would be better to just mimick reality to show people how dangerous a fight is, even in a videogame. As it's "just a game" people does not take care about their life, their decisions, and then complaint they lost. He agreed and then we joked about a tutorial when you fight a tree and broke your leg on it, and electrocuting people when they loose. :'D

- We asked him to make a french character and had a bug discussion about what french players thought about their representation. He cas curious about Abel in SF4.
#8  July 13, 2014, 08:11:53 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
- They had complaints that TTT2 had too many characters so they'll stop at T6 number.
Really can't see how that was a point of contention since it was a tag fighter.

Otherwise I'm personally fine with the same amount of people as in 6.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#9  July 13, 2014, 08:22:44 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
For the love of God Namco, remove that fucking bound system and get rid of lifebar annihilating juggles. In other words, bring Tekken back to when skill was involved, like in the first Tekken Tag. Shit did I have some incredible matches that were pretty much determined by the timer running out. I still play it regularly on my Mame.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#10  July 13, 2014, 08:30:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
For the love of God Namco, remove that fucking bound system and get rid of lifebar annihilating juggles. In other words, bring Tekken back to when skill was involved, like in the first Tekken Tag. Shit did I have some incredible matches that were pretty much determined by the timer running out. I still play it regularly on my Mame.

Lol
#11  July 13, 2014, 08:44:57 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
ReST in peace tekken x street fighter
#12  July 13, 2014, 08:46:41 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
why do I feel that this may suck since they well be trying a new engine just like what they did with Tekken 4 ? they only got it right after it
#13  July 13, 2014, 08:50:41 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
#14  July 13, 2014, 08:51:02 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
Please add New features to customization mode.
#15  July 13, 2014, 08:58:34 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#16  July 13, 2014, 10:49:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

Lol

I'll have to agree with Saikoro. Revolution ditching bounds was great. In fact, I hope T7 uses Revolution's system, more so if they ditch the crits and maybe tweak the invincible.

Stats can go to hell though, but I'm pretty sure they won't be in T7 anyway.

Oh and remove Rage. Casuals need to learn to make comebacks on their own.
#17  July 13, 2014, 11:13:14 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'll have to agree with Saikoro. Revolution ditching bounds was great. In fact, I hope T7 uses Revolution's system, more so if they ditch the crits and maybe tweak the invincible.

Stats can go to hell though, but I'm pretty sure they won't be in T7 anyway.

Oh and remove Rage. Casuals need to learn to make comebacks on their own.

I think that if Namco wants to please everyone here, perhaps they could include options that could toggle bounds and rage. You are right on the Rage System though Darkflare, newer players need to learn how to hold their own. I think they should resort to the original Tekken Tag netsu (was it called that)??) system that had your tag partner get "angry" with a slight offensive boost when your onscreen character recieved enough hits. Or was netsu when you hit all 4 attack buttons at once??

I think the problem with Tekken as of late is that it tries to cater to the casual crowd when the game is anything but. You have a character with a literal 100+ moves yet casual players always resort to the 5ish that result in those lifebar imploding juggles. You see this easily even with the pros: While those juggles are still challenging to pull off timing wise, you see the same 6 moves over and over to get that said juggle to happen. Get rid of that bound system already. It ruined Tekken IMO.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#18  July 13, 2014, 11:51:55 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I thought Revolution was a one-off game and something that they wouldn't take from for the next game in the main series.

Anyway, I'll hold judgement (and the rest of you guys should as well) until more is known. The game just got announced, people. This game is more then likely going to be a 2016 release at best.
#19  July 13, 2014, 11:55:48 pm
  • Fuck You.
actually the whole point of revolution was to take from for the next game (and txsf specifically) hence the projectile characters like eliza, a test for the sf characters

in theory
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#20  July 14, 2014, 12:14:00 am
I'd like Tekken to go back to basics (back to what made Tekken 3 a killer app); worked for Street Fighter.

I think it's safe to assume that most people don't want to learn hours upon hours of controls in order to play a game. Unless one is going exclusively for the hardcore player crowd (which in today's industry means no profit), it's bad game design.

Whatever, I just want Alisa to return (not worried about Asuka, Lili, and Xiaoyu).
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:27:07 am by Niitris