YesNoOk

Donor project - MMX Zero (among other things) (Read 8317 times)

Started by Rolento, October 27, 2009, 11:37:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Donor project - MMX Zero
#21  October 28, 2009, 03:50:55 pm
interesting concept i like it
#22  October 28, 2009, 06:51:08 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
had a different topic been created for each thing this would be much less likely to raise an eyebrow and consider a break from the usual "it's just fan art 'cause it's free" that helps keep controvesy with the game companies away.
It's Street Fighter Online all over again! They just asked for donations! ;P

BTW, take into account that argentinian pesos are worth less than 1/3 of USD, so I'll probably end up donating around 10 bucks, 'k Rolly?
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#23  October 28, 2009, 07:14:44 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Lasombra: What you can spare is good, although the Rolly title is not. .\/.
#24  October 28, 2009, 07:38:43 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I'm sorry but, considering your intentions cleared out by other posts, that first post and thread title are written in a pretty crooked way.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#25  October 28, 2009, 07:49:12 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Yeah, that first post could probably stand to be rewritten a bit. Let's see what can be done here.
#26  October 28, 2009, 08:06:48 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Donations what? I has no monies :<

Anywho, if it's a Zero not ripped from the X games (no offense fans but they don't work well in mugen, too short/easy to spam with for the most part), I'm all for it.

vyn

#27  October 28, 2009, 08:22:04 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Now those sprites are awesome, maybe incrasing the light part of the thin part in the legs so they dont look more skinny than they should

I dont get if this is actually being worked on at the moment though, you ask for donations that have nothing to do with him in particular i get t, but since he is in the wip section, does that mean his relase is a fact already or does this mean that unless you get a certain amount of money he will never be relased?

agree with pots on rewriting the first post as it doesnt sound like what you mean in later posts at all and keep up the good work, funding is a bitch indeed so i wish you the best
#28  October 28, 2009, 08:26:51 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
What's all this crap about donating

You donate if you like his work and wish to reward him for it, he's not holding anything hostage or something

Making a fuss about a small donate button on a website...
#29  October 28, 2009, 08:30:11 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Orochi Gill: Nope, it's all being made from scratch. There are no bits and pieces from MvC Megaman or X4 cutscene sprites here.

Vyn: I've already cleared up that first post; that's what I get for writing the thing up when I was tired. It also answers your questions but I'll cover them here too: Zero's being worked out right now, and while I would greatly appreciate any help with funding, I'm not going to hold the character hostage unless a certain amount of cash comes in. I'll be posting progress here when milestones are met and he'll see a release for certain. As for the arms and legs, I'll take a look at it, but most Megaman designs, Zero included, are notorious for having stick arms and legs. :P

vyn

#30  October 28, 2009, 08:53:57 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
ok tnx for clearng that out, pretty much what i understood for all the later posts but hey i like to be sure, not being a natural english speaker might have had something to do with it ... neways

i know bout the stick arms n legs but the shading makes it look "too" skinny thats all, id like to hear the plans on the basic moves, i think mmx5 would be the best to be used as base, mmx6 and his jedi blade was crap and later ps2 games were pretty bad but had some interesting weapons for him like the spear and those cool short knives
#31  October 28, 2009, 09:06:35 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
I'm using bits and pieces from X4-6 in addition to what's known about his T.v.C. appearance so far. That means certain mainstays such as his Z-Buster and various Z-Sabre slices are a given so far, along with certain repeating attacks such as an anti-air uppercut, ground punch based special/super move, and special moves tied around his ability to dash around on ground and in air. His upcoming game appearance shows that he can in fact kick people, but his bread and butter remains his weapons. I can't say much about the later ps2 titles, as I haven't had the chance to play X7 or X8.
#32  October 28, 2009, 09:32:18 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Orochi Gill: Nope, it's all being made from scratch. There are no bits and pieces from MvC Megaman or X4 cutscene sprites here.

Vyn: I've already cleared up that first post; that's what I get for writing the thing up when I was tired. It also answers your questions but I'll cover them here too: Zero's being worked out right now, and while I would greatly appreciate any help with funding, I'm not going to hold the character hostage unless a certain amount of cash comes in. I'll be posting progress here when milestones are met and he'll see a release for certain. As for the arms and legs, I'll take a look at it, but most Megaman designs, Zero included, are notorious for having stick arms and legs. :P
ummm you do realize I was joking right?
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#33  October 28, 2009, 09:58:06 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Wow. Those sprites are amazing as a zero fan and cvs fan I can't wait

I'd donate but your not the only one who needs cash :-\
#34  October 28, 2009, 10:14:00 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Laxxe: I'm aware, but it seems the misconception stuck until the 1st post was clarified.

vyn

#35  October 30, 2009, 05:04:56 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
the tatsunoko moves so far seem to have really short range while in the x series he has huge range specially in x5, the styles sort of clash, you could go for light attack from tatsunoko and strong from x series

the fact that he can kick is cool indeed, i say keep that
#36  October 30, 2009, 03:47:36 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Since the first PSX titles, he's become the short range fighter of the X series. He's basically advertised towards advanced players in X4 and X5, with his Z-Buster being downplayed in its usefulness. Rather funny when you think about it, as during X5's boss fight that same nerfed Z-Buster is apparently working just fine. Zero makes up for his lack of distance attacks by being very mobile and capable of tearing apart anything once he closes into the opponent with chaining attacks that often can hit multiple times, making the damage add up in a hurry.

Don't be too surprised though if I add a bit of extra optional stuff that would make it possible to configure him to resemble his pre-MMX4 self to some extent.

vyn

#37  October 31, 2009, 04:08:29 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
no, i didnt make myself clear, the guy is obviously the short range character of the x series opposite to mega, what i mean is that in the tatsunoko game he seems even more short ranged than in the x series

this is a good choice in my opinion since the range would give him an advantage over many characters and would have to decrase his overall stats just like hayato in mvc2, so i wanted to know the approach of the basic attacks you will take since special and super abilities are kinda obvious really, not-so-short range then i guess

neways will just wait for some more progress i guess, good luck mate

#38  October 31, 2009, 09:47:40 am
well sorry man, the paypal wouldn't let me donate.

I really wanted to help. what you have done and what you will do, its only fair that we will repay the favor. But I am unable to do so.

Well I really hope you do well in this project and in future projects to come.
#39  October 31, 2009, 05:51:19 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Tuggieman: Are the paypal problems you are experiencing related to the donate page, or account problems? As far as I know the page is working, as I can confirm that it has been used successfully from a test done on the first day. If this is the case though, I need to check over the code to see if anything's changed by accident.

Just to quickly mention a few things, my website has been gradually getting updated with some extra content that might interest some people. The section I've been working on most as of late is "Sprite Discussion," where I talk about a range of different aspects when it comes to sprite creation, and have recently started more in depth studies on certain prevalent commercial sprite styles. The King of Fighters series is the first one currently online, with others to come as they researched some more.

Another thing that I may as well mention here is that in terms of coding stuff, I've slowly been updating Morrigan to improve accuracy and fix up some nagging bugs that were around from the last release that was quite some time back. I'm not sure when it will be exactly, but this update will go online within November for certain.
#40  November 02, 2009, 09:56:15 am
Maybe just paypal problems. I do not have any personal account problems.