YesNoOk

Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style) (Read 208765 times)

Started by SiL3Nt J, June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
Retsu, Geki, Lee, and Joe -- and SF1 Ryu (Street Fighter Alpha style)
#1  June 27, 2017, 06:35:26 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Formerly known as: SF1 Ryu and Geki in Street Fighter Alpha style

Mod edit: You can lock it if you want, but if it's on this board it's not gonna have that name.
-Speedpreacher

My edit:
Just noticed the mod edit, I guess it takes a really tough guy to regulate an internet message board. I better go hit the weights and start training in MMA if I'm ever going to have a shot at it. Also, say something to the people who started talking shit because all I said anything about was video game sprites.

And don't talk to me like a child, I'm not a fucking child.
Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 01:10:14 am by SiL3Nt J
Re: SF1 Ryu in Street Fighter Alpha style
#2  June 27, 2017, 07:19:38 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Pretty sure Ryu in SF1 had a different hairstyle and his outfit wasn't torn at the sleeves.

Shit
Re: SF1 Ryu in Street Fighter Alpha style
#3  June 28, 2017, 07:25:06 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol that will come in time :p

Just finished this one of Geki, took me all morning:

Re: SF1 Ryu and Geki in Street Fighter Alpha style
#4  June 28, 2017, 09:18:04 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
All I can say is, I hope you spend time making sure it's all juuuuuuuust right. Cause, as it stands, these sprites ain't looking too hot, dude.
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#5  June 28, 2017, 11:59:30 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Well I gotta admit, I hurried to post the Ryu sprites yesterday because I had to go to work. The hair and the gi were an easy fix though. As for the Geki sprite, if someone can make a better SF Alpha sprite of him, I'd like to see it:

#6  June 29, 2017, 02:43:53 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Pfft done

And right from the phone, too; look at that JPEG goodness.

#7  June 29, 2017, 02:46:50 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Hehe just touched this up. Look at that shit.

*proudly bows to audience*

#8  June 29, 2017, 03:05:46 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Okay, well, I was joking around posting the original SF1 sprite, but I guess I'm gonna have to be serious for a moment:

The sprite just ain't good. The Ryu is one thing; you could get away with him, but Geki? Nah.

See, first of all, my attention is immediately drawn to Strider's legs, which don't even fit the upper body you slapped on top. Not to mention that you forgot to even take the detailing out of the viewer's right ankle, so it's clear that you simply drew mesh over it.

Then, we have the head. It looks like he's wearing a bag on his head. Even the SF1 sprite made sure his headwear was nice and snug on him and didn't sit like a hood. Also his face is clearly Strider's as well. There's also an inconsistency with his headwear being shiny and the rest of his clothes being matte.

Next is his arms, which are way too short and, frankly, have no biceps. The viewer's right arm in particular looks deformed and is bending from his deltoid (shoulder-y part). The forearm also completely lacks shape, and his hand is almost perfectly even, and has a pretty heavy banding line on it. His claw hand, while better than before, just looks flat when you put the claw on it like that.

Moving on to the rest of his body, why is his torso shaped so strangely? It's like a capital T. And you put these... weird lines on his stomach that I can't tell what they are. Not to mention that the torso is... also Strider. I'm sensing a theme, here.

As for his pose, it doesn't really make sense that he's facing us. He would have to crane his neck to look at his opponent, which wouldn't benefit him much, since his upper body is facing the viewer and appears to be leaning back as well. He doesn't look ready to fight anyone, and really looks kinda scared, and I'm scared for him.

So, to close this out, you really need to work harder. Spriting is about more than just chopping up an existing sprite and calling it a new guy. I would suggest trying to work your way up and draw some sprites from scratch; don't be afraid to ask for help, either! There's tons of spriting badasses here that would more than likely point you in the right direction. But in the meantime, don't challenge anyone to make a better sprite than that Geki (or Ryu, for that matter). It's only gonna end badly.

#9  June 29, 2017, 05:19:37 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Sounds like somebody takes this shit a little too seriously. I made the Geki one because the others I saw in Alpha form looked like head swaps of Strider and the pose was the same. I spent a lot of time on that one actually and if someone can make a better one I really would like to see it. It would be cool to see the character in Alpha form.
#10  June 29, 2017, 05:22:19 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
With that attitude, you know what? You can keep doing what you're doing. Have fun.

#11  June 29, 2017, 05:25:46 am
  • Shit
Sounds like somebody takes this shit a little too seriously.

And you clearly don't take "this shit" seriously at all. Either respond to feedback properly or just quit sharing your work, if you're going to give people that attitude.

Shit
#12  June 29, 2017, 06:00:20 am
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
lol oh some I'm the one with the attitude, that's just how I talk son, I'm from the hood. and also was just talking to people the way they talk to me.

#13  June 29, 2017, 06:36:06 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
I'm sorry, but that really looks totally non-alpha. Wrong shading, wrong proportions... Well, just try to strive for THIS...

And yes, on DeviantArt most of SF1 chars were already redrawed in SFA style. And, as you can see, most of them maybe aren't that accurate, but realy good.

Ans that's just minor part of such redraws DA contains. So, if you want to go on and to not feel pressed by critics, then try to SURPASS at least these.
#14  June 29, 2017, 06:47:57 am
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
lol oh some I'm the one with the attitude, that's just how I talk son, I'm from the hood. and also was just talking to people the way they talk to me.

Excuse me while I laugh myself to sleep :mlol:

#15  June 29, 2017, 06:53:37 am
  • Shit
If that's hood talk, then my name is MotorBee.

Geki's leg seems broken to me. His thigh is leaned all the way to the side, while the bottom half of his leg keeps a more vertical position, which, if not impossible, should be at least very painful for someone to stand up like that. You should try to keep his entire leg leaned to the side, similar to the sprite by DaiKuwabara that Trololo posted, as it looks both more dynamic and more logical.

Shit

lui

#16  June 29, 2017, 08:33:03 am
    • USA
These guys are experienced sprites that actually get paid for the shit they do, so they're not talking out of their ass. If you want to improve you're gonna need to face feedback and improve off of it whether or not it's sugarcoated or not. You can't do that if you're gonna brush everyone that gives feedback that's not "nice sprite +1" and expect to improve.

Be patient and work steadily and slowly. Nobody is a rockstar overnight. Keep doing it over and over until you get it right
#17  June 29, 2017, 03:06:36 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Give me a fuckin break, I wasn't even trying to give people attitude, I was trying to hold back like I am doing now. To be honest, I wasn't even going to respond until he said, "don't be challenging people to draw a better Geki spite than that because it won't end well" because I thought that was funny. Also thought it was funny when he referred to some of the people who draw sprites as bad asses because drawing sprites doesn't make anyone a bad ass.  That's why I said some people take this shit too seriously because it's true.

Lol at getting paid for this too, I genuinely feel sorry for the guys who do that because I sure as hell wouldn't.

As for the Geki sprite, I was trying to go by his SF1 pose. Probably wont do any more work on it for a while because it took me several hours but the one Trolo posted didn't have the things on the arms that he had in SF1 and the claw was pretty big. Also, the skin was dark too dark to be Geki and the legs looked even more like Strider's than mine did. For the one I made I used the actual textures that they used for Geki in SF1.
#18  June 29, 2017, 03:22:44 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#19  June 29, 2017, 03:48:58 pm
  • Shit

Shit
#20  June 29, 2017, 03:55:54 pm
    • USA
    • saiguy1986@yahoo.com
Lol it's true, I have a woman to spend money on. Ain't payin for no sprites.