YesNoOk

suggestions of POTS games (Read 4100 times)

Started by Momotaro, September 19, 2019, 11:56:51 pm
suggestions of POTS games
#1  September 19, 2019, 11:56:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Hello,
I would like to ask if you guys have ideas of full games using pots and similar styled characters only.
Without anime/marvel/DC characters.

Any suggestion is welcome.
I just want the game to be ready to play, and doesn't require to pay for it by any way (including paypal / patreon stuff)

If some of them are customizable enough to use it as a base to upgrade with new characters as well it's welcome.

Thanks

I'm not sure it goes in request area, since I don't request a particular precise stuff.
But I think it's the right place. :)
Re: suggestions of POTS games
#2  September 20, 2019, 12:08:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I would say this goes to idea engineering.

That said, you're better of downloading as many PotS style characters and making your own game like that. I think that's pretty much what you're looking for anyway.
#3  September 20, 2019, 12:15:35 am
  • A.K.A. NED
I would say this goes to idea engineering.

That said, you're better of downloading as many PotS style characters and making your own game like that. I think that's pretty much what you're looking for anyway.

Oh, I see.
But the idea to have a base of characters is pretty good.
I'm not particularly good to say if this a character is acurate or balanced.
#4  September 20, 2019, 02:21:38 am
  • Niigasan
I have about 120 pots characters in my roster, for the most part it balances itself out. None of the characters are cheap and mesh pretty well, hell if u take off chain combos for, infinite, race or falcon chars they basically play like divines or jmorph or whoever copies them. When I do arcade runs, I only have problems with the chars I'm supposed to have problems with if that makes sense.
#5  September 20, 2019, 02:53:20 am
    • crepa.neocities.org

Yeah I'm with Darkflare and Hairline on this. Most PotS chars plays good, I did the same but I have (now) only about 50 chars in my PotS roster. As Hairline said, take off chain combos from Infinite's, R@ce and FalconRapper chars, they can give you a bit of problem because of how they code AI. Besides PotS himself, Divine, Jmorph, Chazzanova, KarmaCharmeleon, Knuckles8864, ReddBrink, all have accurate and balanced gameplay, so I recommend them. Also sorry for the self promo but my chars are a good addition too lol.
Tbh there are many PotS style authors nowadays, I could be listing them forever :lol:
Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 05:43:18 am by DeathScythe
#6  September 20, 2019, 05:28:41 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#7  September 20, 2019, 05:51:09 am
  • Niigasan
For me dude yeah, pretty much. But infinites play better for me just an opinion. I get yall like strict timings n every move has to have +/- but when I play ts seems to be irrelevant. I actually have a tougher time with jmorph chars than I do infinites or races. That tells me they doing some right.
#8  September 20, 2019, 05:56:50 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
That’s probably cause most of infinite’s older characters and the authors you mentioned don’t pay much attention to things like frame data so you can just throw things out for free and not get punished lol. Ofc it might be irrelevant to you and that’s fine. But they don’t play the same. They just play easier for you. FWIW infinite’s stuff has gotten better though and I enjoy them too.
#9  September 20, 2019, 06:02:13 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
For me dude yeah, pretty much. But infinites play better for me just an opinion. I get yall like strict timings n every move has to have +/- but when I play ts seems to be irrelevant. I actually have a tougher time with jmorph chars than I do infinites or races. That tells me they doing some right.

I'm sure that +/- thingy is what made a fighting game fair and balance, which is weird to be called "irrelevant" when you actually want to build a roster with a definite style. If anything tells me, that sounds like you prefer to play Infinite/Race style than the Pots-style itself, which isn't a wrong thing by its own.
#10  September 20, 2019, 06:14:15 am
  • Niigasan
Let me rephrase that, strict timings dont really bother me as much as the inability to combo with those characters. With infinites and crew, even without chains u can combo really nice. I still get my ass kicked using those characters. Where as jmorph n whoever follows after him, make it so like u cant really combo at all. You do one hit, then a special and maybe u can pull off a certain super. That's just not my cup of tea. Great characters, great attention to detail but I just prefer to be able to combo. Like the juri I edited for instance, she has accurate frame data, hitboxes even the timings are strict but she can combo. That's like my only gripe I guess.

I've tried trust me yall even recently tried a arcade run with kyo after practicing but ffuuucckkk, maybe it'll change who knows but u might be right giang
#11  September 20, 2019, 06:17:28 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Wait, isn't that the point of Pots style? They are very focused on playing neutral with poking into short combos, which sounds pretty close to how CvS works normally. Correct me if I was wrong as I'm not familiar with the style and CvS itself but it still just sounds like you are more invested in Infinite style than Pots style itself.
#12  September 20, 2019, 06:28:43 am
  • Niigasan
okay lets look at pots geese for example the og, he can do a couple of normal hits into a combo into, a special into a super. where as when i try to play with lets say makoto for example as i practice with her to. because yall are somewhat right and im trying to play with those chars by kojiro that was edited by varo hades you cant do that. hell even K that was made by chazz and quickfist has something i can work with. he was fun asl to do a run with. but idk man i grew up playing tekken.

EDIT actually theres literally one combo i can do with her where i can link a normal, to special to super. but literally one.
#13  September 20, 2019, 04:23:58 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Re: suggestions of POTS games (+screenpack)
#14  September 21, 2019, 09:21:22 am
  • A.K.A. NED
Got it guys!
I'll do a compil myself.

I just have now to find a nice screenpack with no specific unrelated theme.
I prefer this screenpack to be compatible with regular portraits, so I don't need to add portraits.

any suggestion is welcome
#15  September 21, 2019, 05:12:37 pm
Capcom vs. SNK Millennium Fight 2000's roster without Nakoruru, Morrigan, Orochi Iori and Evil Ryu. Since it is short of one character in the SNK's side, I intend to add either Mr. Karate by Victorys or God Rugal. I plan to compile:

I believe the screenpack is by Spiderboy and Gui007 has converted it to Mugen 1.1:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#16  September 21, 2019, 05:14:03 pm
    • Morocco
I'd say go with LEGACY by NoZ.
#17  September 21, 2019, 06:39:33 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Thanks guys.
I used to like this spiderboy SP, but it seems limited now.
Even if this game was initially one of my fav ever in term of hud and menu etc.

I'll try this Legacy sp.
It could be nice to use it.

ATM, my favourite is "Capcom vs SNK X: Extreme Edition for MUGEN 1.1 by Mhoker"
you can see screens of a variation here
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/capcom-vs-snk-extreme-edition-480p-made-by-mhoker-and-help-by-oldgamer-akito-186877.0.html

This is very close to the best SP for this situation.
Because it have some crossover feeling, without exact visual reference to existing game. beside of CVS logo.
and it's compatible with regular portraits, so, very easy to use.

I'm thinking about something like that actually.