YesNoOk

Middle school student commits suicide at school (Read 12989 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, September 18, 2014, 06:31:13 am
Share this topic:
Middle school student commits suicide at school
#1  September 18, 2014, 06:31:13 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen

Read here:
http://thegrio.com/2014/09/17/middle-school-student-commits-suicide-at-school/

The whole bully issue in schools will never end. Its Been going on for ages and wont stop. Social media like FB and "world star" videos just make it worse for kids thats all. Kids will be kids. I grew up in a different time era and didnt really see on the news of any kid killing themselves over being bullied like that at all as it is these days smdh.

Back then at that age you pick on me either youre getting your ass kicked or i had snaps for you all day. I never really had problems in school since i was a pretty cool kid and was pretty neutral with most crews. That, plus my family of bad ass cousins and older homies were in a local gang too so if a group of so called bullies wanted to get stupid they'd have to pay the price. Ive had some annoying times with other kids in JHS but not to the point where i wanted to use one of my fathers guns (which was a lot) and shoot them or kill myself. I found ways of getting even but not like that with a gun....I loved JHS. Very sad case with that kid there and any other kid thats killed themselves in recent years over being bullied.

Bullying in any form isnt cool or funny and its weak. it says a lot about you as a person if youre into that

Re: Middle school student commits suicide at school
#2  September 18, 2014, 06:46:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
...so huh, your points is...?

I'm pretty damn sure some teenagers killed themselves over bullying in the last 10/15/20 years (in their own homes, but still) and made it to the news. It's nothing new.
#3  September 18, 2014, 06:50:53 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
yea...but now that we are in the age of the internet, ur embarassment can go viral. its quite sad. Now the world knows and dealing with that can be extremely hard..... it wasnt like that back in the day.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#4  September 18, 2014, 07:22:53 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
okay a couple really, really important points man. not everyone is popular, have tough family members, or have the guts or ability to fight. also suicide over bullying is not a new trend.
#5  September 18, 2014, 01:30:32 pm
#6  September 18, 2014, 05:30:06 pm
Bullying is good for humanity, you better believe it. I'll drop your head in the toilets you if you don't.
That's the problem, retards think others HAVE to be as retarded as them, otherwise they're not part of the pack and obviously they think that's bad because humanity.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:34:25 pm by DKDC
#7  September 18, 2014, 05:45:23 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the term bullying is bad, it's like a stupid blanket term that puts physical abuse, verbal abuse and all other types of bullying on the same level. if it's ganging up, call it ganging up, if it's physical assault call it physical assault, etc...
#8  September 18, 2014, 07:09:10 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
The problem is that now society tells kids that they should be free of all scrutiny and struggle, and that everyone is a winner (I have no evidence for this, but I'm saying it anyway).

Wow. Well said.

I was that fat nerd kid everyone picked on. This happened from the 5th grade all the way to freshmen year of high school. It came to the point of one kid diving so deep with the insults, others were sticking up for me and said just beat his ass man; we'll hold your stuff for you. He won't stop till you do something. So I did exactly that and not only did the one asshat stop his bullshit, but everyone who pestered me for years just stopped. To make things more interesting, I started making new friends, and some of them were the ones who picked on me. So in a way, I grew as a person and people saw me as an equal. I also looked at the 5 day suspension as a mini vacation.

In a way it's all kinda bizarre.

Wasn't it common in the Southie part of Boston, years ago, for kids to use bullying as a way to see who was tough and who wasn't?? Meaning once a kid fought back, he was left alone??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#9  September 18, 2014, 07:14:59 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
i bet they wouldnt fuck with u now Saikoro. ur arm is probably the size of their body. LMAO
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#10  September 18, 2014, 07:45:24 pm
What bullying teaches (albeit in a cruel manner) is that not everyone will like you, and the reason may be as simple as possessing any "unique" traits (stature, intelligence, voice, disabilities, etc). Hard to deal with at a really young age. In that case, it's up to parents to help them through the situation.

As one matures (somewhere around the teenage years), it's important for an individual to develop a sense of self-respect (by not being someone who stands out in a creppy/awkward way). Someone who carries themselves out in a decently sociable manner is less likely to be antagonized; I say this as someone who's had sporadic incidents in the past for this very reason. Being respected > being liked.

As far as the time era stuff goes, I'd like to believe that the average person is more accepting of differences today than they were 30-40 years ago. So while the internet didn't exist in those times, treatment to individuals being harassed was probably worse. Regardless of time period, the central theme is the same (person being subject to mockery).
#11  September 19, 2014, 03:25:23 am
    • USA
...so huh, your points is...?

Where i grew up at there was no room for being soft. the smallest guy even fought back then. you fought everyday if you had to. EVENTUALLY the bulling stopped or your entire family came up to beat up the other family. there was SUPPORT. killing yourself WASNT a fuckin option especially at that age man. Thats more common from the result of kids being bullied today which is ridiculous to me to keep seeing in the news that often. back then it was unheard of aside from missing kids on milk cartons seriously man....thats my point^^

Bullying isn't anything new and it isn't "weak."

-Never said it was new with bullying. I just said social media makes it worse now. kids will be kids^^

-But It IS a weak personality to carry. Why do you think bullies pick on people smaller in size than them or whom they feel are inferior to them whether in physical strength or intelligence? thats weak IMO man. The littlest kid in school would bully others because he had a big friend he used to send do his dirty work but he couldnt fight worth a damn. Ive seen that shit a lot back in the days in school. But when the real threat steps up whos twice their size and means business they dont want no parts of that. Thats some weak ass shit man. Pick on somebody whos bigger and badder than you. You dont get no points at all for picking on someone smaller and clearly doesnt want to fight you or has the ability to.  Thats some weak shit period to be proud of^^

Its human nature yes for some because thats how they got by all that time and havent come across the right true bad ass yet to give them a reality check. Some dudes in situations get shot Or some just get their asses kicked. Bullying period attracts the wrong attention you dont want eventually.

-In a nut shell folks what i mean is if you know the school you go to is rough then learn to fuckin adapt and stand up for yourself. If you know your family isnt gonna do squat and you are that terrified then change schools. Parents these days dont get too involved with their childs drama it seems like. They either dont listen to them at all or they wait till the last minute till when something fucked up happens and its too late. Back in the day i dont know how many times ive seen moms and dads who got into it with other parents because their child is being bullied. either parents fought or the two parents let their kids duke it out and then shake on it.......seriously it was like that when i was growing up. A kid killing themselves over being bullied was unheard of back then...years later after my HS school time era Columbine was the first situation i saw on the news when the result of bullying got that out of control.

-Kids these days need to be taught and reminded by their parents everybody in school are not going to like you or respect you because of who you are. Teach your kids to be strong minded. self confidence in your teens is very important. and family members need to show them they have no problem coming up to school handling a situation for them if its that bad so they can feel safe. parents of both parties need to be doing their job even if they have to go up to the school and fuck somebody up. If the bully cant get it then the parent gotta get it. Yeah THATS the era i grew up in.

Wasn't it common in the Southie part of Boston, years ago, for kids to use bullying as a way to see who was tough and who wasn't?? Meaning once a kid fought back, he was left alone??

Man that was common in brooklyn here too back then. If you were soft you couldnt be hanging around most local street kids. I was always a bit shorter than some kids that time so that said a lot when i fought some one bigger than me either winning or holding my own. no one messed with me like that after that once certain street kids saw that or heard what happen through kids who seen it.

As for your story with that bully that same shit happened to me twice as a kid lol We fought and then we just became cool. THEY initiated the friendship not me though. so yeah i understand it feels strange when that happens. its a respect thing. that means a lot in tough neighborhood.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:29:37 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#12  September 19, 2014, 04:00:49 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
@saikoro and Demonkai I hear what you guys are saying about finding a way to rough through but alot of kids don't have back up on stand by or people willing to step in for them kids nowadays will whip out their phone to share your humiliation with the world so help will never come from them and the teachers could give two shits so now look at your situation and imagine no relief and no help from this perpetual bullying with no end in sight. Everyone doesn't have that toughness in them to get fed up and kick some ass. But like I said i understand your views as well I had to kick a guys ass during freshmen orientation for throwing a spitball at me because I know if you let them get comfortable doing that kind of crap it will last every year of high school and beyond. I was a loner but cool at the same time I had girlfriends and a small circle of associates from grammar school mixed with people I met throughout high school but I knew my fair share of bullied kids my kid cousin being one of them so it happens to the best of us were just not all as lucky to power through it

If the bully cant get it then the parent gotta get it. Yeah THATS the era i grew up in.

Lol you already know
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:11:54 am by Thagr8test
#13  September 19, 2014, 04:23:43 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I have to say, I feel sorry for this guy. And stunted growth? I'd have used that to put those bullies into comatose states!

@Thagr8test, Saikoro, K

Yes, I agree with your views, especially how bullies are weak. I also was the guy everybody picked on, and I had to endure the bullying of people in Syria, which is even worse than New York and everywhere else, especially during the Civil War. In my hometown, if you messed with somebody, even if he was bullying you, they would call up there associates in the military, and back them up; you can't say SQUAT to a military man in Syria. What makes it even worse is they were all thickheaded motherfuckers. I remember during my 5 years in Syria nothing but fights; all I did was try to snap the necks of other bullies (metaphorically speaking), and I would get ganged up; yet no matter what I do, the vicious cycle of bullying always starts at the break of another "glorious" day.

To sum up, I don't think that committing suicide was the way to go. He should have at least fought back. And I know ppl are gonna tell me some don't have the balls to fight back, but I don't believe that for one second. Everybody has a nerve somewhere.

Bullying isn't anything new and it isn't "weak." It's unavoidable human behavior that exists as a societal tool to make people feel bad for not conforming to contemporary normality

Yep, you hit the bullseye there. It will always be around. A shame to be honest. But what can we do??

This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:26:57 am by B.Hatter 1995
#14  September 19, 2014, 04:25:48 am
    • USA
@saikoro and Demonkai I hear what you guys are saying about finding a way to rough through but alot of kids don't have back up on stand by or people willing to step in for them kids nowadays will whip out their phone to share your humiliation with the world so help will never come from them and the teachers could give two shits so now look at your situation and imagine no relief and no help from this perpetual bullying with no end in sight. Everyone doesn't have that toughness in them to get fed up and kick some ass. But like I said i understand your views as well I had to kick a guys ass during freshmen orientation for throwing a spitball at me because I know if you let them get comfortable doing that kind of crap it will last every year of high school and beyond. I was a loner but cool at the same time I had girlfriends and a small circle of associates from grammar school mixed with people I met throughout high school but I knew my fair share of bullied kids my kid cousin being one of them so it happens to the best of us were just not all as lucky to power through it

If the bully cant get it then the parent gotta get it. Yeah THATS the era i grew up in.

Lol you already know

lol I totally agree with you man and yeah i was a loner too so i fully know where you are coming from. i was cool with a great amount of kids in school to have a comfort zone not to be bullied and be respected also to be labeled "Oh..yeah D is mad cool he just stays to himself". So I was cool with that in HS. But anyway thats why i said social media makes it worse. But the parents have to really step up. somebody in the family has to. Its unreal the parents of that boy let that shit get that bad to where he killed himself. The school in some way should be held responsible too. If there has been multiple reports of the kid being bullied then why these kids are not handled and suspended? i dont get that. If the school was that bad i would have just sent him to another school. Its so common to see bullying headlining in the news now and assume"well, who killed themselves this time?".....i mean damn man no "WOW a big brawl broke out!"....wtf happened to those days? crazy & different times man smh

Parents have to teach their kids how to deal with issues like that better knowing there is social media and recording humiliating videos that easy
Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:31:34 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#15  September 19, 2014, 04:33:00 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

The school in some way should be held responsible too. If there has been multiple reports of the kid being bullied then why these kids are not handled and suspended? i dont get that. If the school was that bad i would have just sent him to another school. Its so common to see bullying headlining in the news now and assume"well, who killed themselves this time?".....i mean damn man no "WOW a big brawl broke out!"....wtf happened to those days? crazy & different times man smh

Parents have to teach their kids how to deal with issues like that better knowing there is social media and recording humiliating videos that easy

I have to agree with that. The school MUST BE HELD RESPONSIBLE, not should. Isn't it supposed to be the school's responsibility to "stand up to bullying, and spread equality and respect between the kiddies"? yeah, but they dont do squat. And when a kid reaches his breaking point and a brawl breaks out, the victim gets suspended, cuz "oh you shouldn't have fought back, you shoulda went to a teacher or blaralaba[lajnfk". I'm telling you, this no violence in school is bullshit with bullying around. I'm not denying that bullying should be erased or anything, and I know perfectly well that violence should never be a first resort; but sometimes, it takes a broken jaw for somebody to understand they crossed the line into "Hurtville".
I can't fathom why the school always helps bullies when they should be helping bullying victims.
#16  September 19, 2014, 04:48:57 am
    • USA

The school in some way should be held responsible too. If there has been multiple reports of the kid being bullied then why these kids are not handled and suspended? i dont get that. If the school was that bad i would have just sent him to another school. Its so common to see bullying headlining in the news now and assume"well, who killed themselves this time?".....i mean damn man no "WOW a big brawl broke out!"....wtf happened to those days? crazy & different times man smh

I have to agree with that. The school MUST BE HELD RESPONSIBLE, not should. Isn't it supposed to be the school's responsibility to "stand up to bullying, and spread equality and respect between the kiddies"? yeah, but they dont do squat. And when a kid reaches his breaking point and a brawl breaks out, the victim gets suspended, cuz "oh you shouldn't have fought back, you shoulda went to a teacher or blaralaba[lajnfk". I'm telling you, this no violence in school is bullshit with bullying around. I'm not denying that bullying should be erased or anything, and I know perfectly well that violence should never be a first resort; but sometimes, it takes a broken jaw for somebody to understand they crossed the line into "Hurtville".
I can't fathom why the school always helps bullies when they should be helping bullying victims.
RIGHT my bad ...MUST BE HELD RESPONSIBLE

Dude and thats exactly why i got fuckin suspended in my senior freakin year in HS. i had to graduate a fuckin year later in ANOTHER school because i beat up the bully pretty bad at lunch for bullying me for a week during finals. its so funny you said that because thats exactly what happened to me man. so thats why i get some lil feels on the bullying issue. not only these pests are annoying but when you stomp em out YOU get sprayed with RAID anyway even though they attacked you first!....i mean wtf man? A parent shouldnt tell their kids dont fight. NO.. fight to protect yourself BUT dont be a trouble maker. if you are starting trouble then thats your ass. Thats how you talk to your kid. most parents do it the ass backwards way and just dont listen to their kid. So yeah man that bullying shit can go into a cluster fuck for the victim. I was depressed for a month cuz i got suspended. I was banned from the prom and my mom was upset with me till my uncle talked to her. I wanted to literally kill the kid after that even though i beat the shit out of him......i never hated a human being in that school so much at that age....
#17  September 19, 2014, 04:53:46 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

RIGHT my bad ...MUST BE HELD RESPONSIBLE

Dude and thats exactly why i got fuckin suspended in my senior freakin year in HS. i had to graduate a fuckin year later in ANOTHER school because i beat up the bully pretty bad at lunch for bullying me for a week during finals. its so funny you said that because thats exactly what happened to me man. so thats why i get some lil feels on the bullying issue. not only these pests are annoying but when you stomp em out YOU get sprayed with RAID anyway even though they attacked you first!....i mean wtf man? A parent shouldnt tell their kids dont fight. NO.. fight to protect yourself BUT dont be a trouble maker. if you are starting trouble then thats your ass. Thats how you talk to your kid. most parents do it the ass backwards way and just dont listen to their kid. So yeah man that bullying shit can go into a cluster fuck for the victim. I was depressed for a month cuz i got suspended. I was banned from the prom and my mom was upset with me till my uncle talked to her. I wanted to literally kill the kid after that even though i beat the shit out of him......i never hated a human being in that school so much at that age....

Wow. That must have been harsh. I can still remember getting my ass getting kicked all the time by the principal or professor or vice principal for beating the shit outta anybody who would bully me (in Syria, hitting students is a "form of discipline". With the twisted minds of Syrians, sometimes they take it too far....). I remember for a whole 5 years, I loathed everything around me, like Satin was enveloping me with darkness. I  would always think that the world is against me, and other dark shit. So when I hear about a kid getting bullied, I get this urge to go up and kill anything that picks on the weak. I guess my 5 years in Syria made me a twisted individual then.
So yeah man, I totally feel your pain for getting sprayed for defending yourself... Man everybody is fucking nuts nowadays! Pisses me off >:(
#18  September 19, 2014, 04:58:17 am
this is fucked up. i was harassed in school too but nothing too extreme and i think it was mostly because i didn't communicate well with others.
after i learned that i made alot of friends, and mostly kept to myself with others, and nobody bothered me.
i would never make my kids go through that shit though, i'll teach them everything i know about life and i'll make them spend more time with other kids.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#19  September 19, 2014, 05:01:44 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
this is fucked up. i was harassed in school too but nothing too extreme and i think it was mostly because i didn't communicate well with others.
after i learned that i made alot of friends, and mostly kept to myself with others, and nobody bothered me.
i would never make my kids go through that shit though, i'll teach them everything i know about life and i'll make them spend more time with other kids.

Live my life and you'll know what fucked up means. I'm not promoting violence or anything, but just becaue a kid beats up another kid for being bullied, it doesn't mean he or she deserves suspension/expulsion. There should be people helping those bullied kids by actually punishing those kids! I'm not saying hurt the bullies more, but make them know what they did was wrong. Ban em from going to any school for a year or something. Believe me, it could at least have a little effect on this fucking situation that just keeps popping up, dude.
#20  September 19, 2014, 05:06:00 am
    • USA
Wow. That must have been harsh. I can still remember getting my ass getting kicked all the time by the principal or professor or vice principal for beating the shit outta anybody who would bully me (in Syria, hitting students is a "form of discipline". With the twisted minds of Syrians, sometimes they take it too far....). I remember for a whole 5 years, I loathed everything around me, like Satin was enveloping me with darkness. I  would always think that the world is against me, and other dark shit. So when I hear about a kid getting bullied, I get this urge to go up and kill anything that picks on the weak. I guess my 5 years in Syria made me a twisted individual then.
So yeah man, I totally feel your pain for getting sprayed for defending yourself... Man everybody is fucking nuts nowadays! Pisses me off >:(

lol well you would have fit right in here well in NYC brooklyn then back in those days lol

yeah things are pretty twisted up these days so thats why we have to teach kids who we bring to the world the right way of handling situations in school in this time era.

yeah man as many friends i had i still saw myself as a loner. from JHS to HS i was in a good space and nobody bothered me. a couple fights cleared that shit up. But yeah new parents gotta teach their kids the right way. that being soft shit never works. dont be a meanie to people but dont let people step on you. you gotta teach them give respect to get respect. treat others how you want to be treated. once a child understands that and carries that on they will be fine. But boys for sure have to be encouraged that youre not going to beat everybody and not everybody is gonna want to keep fighting you when you fight back hard. FACT.