YesNoOk

Akito CVS/POTS (Final Version) - By Akito-sama and AVPBOY (Read 16775 times)

Started by Akito, July 20, 2018, 10:26:13 pm
Share this topic:
Akito CVS/POTS (Final Version) - By Akito-sama and AVPBOY
#1  July 20, 2018, 10:26:13 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Hello everyone, so after working on this character I finally get to what I consider the "ideal" for him. To summarize, I'll get a part of Read Me and put it here to make things easier:

Q: Who is Akito?
 A: My OC (Original Character) created in RPG game, converted for Mugen.

Q: And the sprites, you edited?
A: The sprites I used the char "Ortsac", created by charmaker Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo). This char is very good, but unfortunately the creator did not give continuity to it, and since I really like it and Akito himself has the same basic appearance, I decided to use his sprites, giving him the credits for the editing work, of course .

Q: Why did Akito have the same style / gameplay of Kung Fu Man?
 A: Akito already has a master, but decided to train with Kung Fu Man only to improve his skills to participate in Mugen. The idea is to make him a "default" character, to encourage people to want to do new things for him, learn to program moves, as well as the original Kung Fu Man (within the POTS style, my favorite).

Q: What stage and music can I use for Akito?
 A: One can use the stage "Saidai Rieki Gym", and the song "Everlasting Training", both created by AVPBOY (will release today, maybe).

Q: Can I use something from this char?
 A: Sure, It's opensource. This is what this character was made of, have fun.

IN SHORT, THIS WOULD BE THE BEST EXPLANATION:  :mlol:

I partnered with my friend AVPBOY, who helped me do a "polish" on the character, so he just as I became creator of that character too (thank you my friend, your help was very good). In relation to the last public version, the character had several updates:

- All 12 pallets are available;
- Stand animation revised;
- Added a Fireball projectile move;
- All other animations were reviewed;
- All sparks are aligned;
- All counter-punchs fixed;
- Added new voices;
- Z-Counter fixed;
- New big and small portraits;
- Added special intro with Kung Fu Man (by Divinewolf)
- Added special intro with Julia (release soon)
- Minor bugs fixed

(At this moment it 's all I remember, if there are more things I put here).

No doubt the character is much better than the previous version, and I believe that now, it is ready for a final release. From here, I will only repair some bugs that are being found by anyone who wants to give feedback to the post.

For those who want more details of the character, inside it there are folders with text files that contains the necessary information of the same and its history. This character is like a "seed" for people to put new moves on him and adapt him to new styles of gameplay in the POTS style.

I thank all those who were involved in the project, directly or indirectly, all kinds of help is good.

Thanks also to Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo), the original creator of this character's sprites. And, of course, the Divinewolf to maked the Kung Fu Man in POTS style.

PS: Soon we will have a version of Akito that is being produced by a well-known charmaker with more moves and in the Infinite / POTS style. A little tip: É NÓIS!

And of course, thanks to everyone who downloads this character. Soon I'll be posting it on my page, but for now I'll put the link here for mediafire.

The seed was planted guys, Akito, "The Elegant Dragon" is here, have fun!

UPDATED (26/07/2018): http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m0bgn1dg6imv15/Akito+Fixed+CVS.zip

Updates:

- New gameplay (check the commands list in Read Me);
- Improved Kung Fu Blow animations;
- Fixed the Fireball EX issue of not consuming power (thanks Prime SC!);
- Palette issue fixed (thanks Combos 4 Dayz!)
- Improved the animation of Kung Fu Zankou;
- Fixed the collision boxes (I hope!);
- Fixed the problem in Kung Fu Upper, where he is giving the correct number of hits in each hit (this was causing the gameplay to be impaired)

VIDEO: (Thanks to Gui007!)

STAGES:

- AVPBOY:

"Saidai Rieki Gym"

(Day Version)

(Night Version)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/udus1enad9tt27o/Gym.rar/file

- OldGamer:

"Akito's Tower"

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AURxfbqwITUNOf1asaID-wd4zytnUoAY/view?usp=sharing

PS: Probably I set this stage being the top of the dojo, for having an oriental look too, I really liked it, thank you OldGamer!

MUSIC:

HAVE FUN GUYS!
Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:05:15 am by Akito
Re: Akito CVS/POTS (Final Version) - By Akito-sama and AVPBOY
#2  July 20, 2018, 11:00:41 pm
    • Morocco
This isn't good
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#3  July 21, 2018, 01:30:04 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
Way to go my friend, now it's my turn to release, well done.

This isn't good
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I am glad you liked it, i hope you enjoy it.
Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:38:08 am by AVPboy6754
#4  July 23, 2018, 05:18:31 am
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
Hello everyone, so after working on this character I finally get to what I consider the "ideal" for him. To summarize, I'll get a part of Read Me and put it here to make things easier:

A: The sprites I used the char "Ortsac", created by charmaker Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo). This char is very good, but unfortunately the creator did not give continuity to it, and since I really like it and Akito himself has the same basic appearance, I decided to use his sprites, giving him the credits for the editing work, of course .

A: Akito already has a master, but decided to train with Kung Fu Man only to improve his skills to participate in Mugen. The idea is to make him a "default" character, to encourage people to want to do new things for him, learn to program moves, as well as the original Kung Fu Man (within the POTS style, my favorite).

A: One can use the stage "Saidai Rieki Gym", and the song "Everlasting Training", both created by AVPBOY (will release today, maybe).

I partnered with my friend AVPBOY, who helped me do a "polish" on the character, so he just as I became creator of that character too (thank you my friend, your help was very good). In relation to the last public version, the character had several updates:

- Added new voices;
- Z-Counter fixed;
- Minor bugs fixed

No doubt the character is much better than the previous version, and I believe that now, it is ready for a final release. From here, I will only repair some bugs that are being found by anyone who wants to give feedback to the post.

For those who want more details of the character, inside it there are folders with text files that contains the necessary information of the same and its history. This character is like a "seed" for people to put new moves on him and adapt him to new styles of gameplay in the POTS style.

I thank all those who were involved in the project, directly or indirectly, all kinds of help is good.

Thanks also to Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo), the original creator of this character's sprites.

PS: Soon we will have a version of Akito that is being produced by a well-known charmaker with more moves and in the Infinite / POTS style. A little tip: É NÓIS!

And of course, thanks to everyone who downloads this character. Soon I'll be posting it on my page, but for now I'll put the link here for mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w054lbjtkb3rrif/Akito_CVS%20%28Final%20Version%29.rar

HAVE FUN GUYS!

My reaction...

A original pots style char...bravo señor, bravo :mink:

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#5  July 23, 2018, 07:19:32 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
If this dude doesn't come with a gaston pallette, I'm gonna be so disappointed xD

Looks promising. Will check it out.
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#6  July 23, 2018, 08:33:53 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

- Added new voices;
- Z-Counter fixed;
- Minor bugs fixed

Thanks also to Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo), the original creator of this character's sprites.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w054lbjtkb3rrif/Akito_CVS%20%28Final%20Version%29.rar

HAVE FUN GUYS!

My reaction...
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3kMCB43EGc[/youtube]
A original pots style char...bravo señor, bravo :mink:

Thank you very much, we're glad that we got you excited about our character, we will soon update the gameplay!

If this dude doesn't come with a gaston pallette, I'm gonna be so disappointed xD

Looks promising. Will check it out.

I have received several feedbacks out of the forum, and I will have to make some more modifications, anyway, the char is pretty solid, just need an update on the gameplay. This is normal, I'm still starting out as a charmaker, both myself and AVPBOY.

PS: Gaston, what Gaston are we talking about? xD

#7  July 23, 2018, 09:37:05 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
hey akito after I test your last update character, I notices you used DivineWolf KFM sound.wav would be best if your character is base off your self. would be better if you add your own voices and dont matter if its not in English just add your own Brazilian voices into the mix. A good example is Wanner and he add Spanish voices from his cartoon character. so why not just add yours own voices instead of DivineWolf KFM sound.wav also audacity is free so you can find many video guide on youtube on how to use the software
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 09:57:08 am by OldGamer
#8  July 23, 2018, 09:49:57 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
hey akito after I test your last update character, I notices you used DivineWolf KFM sound.wav would be best if your character is base off your self. would be better if you add your own voices and dont matter if its not in English just add your own Brazilian voices into the mix. A good example is Wanner and he add Spanish voices from his cartoon character. so why not just add yours own voices instead of DivineWolf KFM sound.wav also audacity is free so you can find many video guide on youtube on how to use the software

I changed all his voices, I did it with the help of the AVPBOY that found a good group of voices that fit the character well and put in the animations. Take a look, you'll realize this when playing with it.

PS: Akito is and it's not me. It's a character I created in an RPG game, where I put a lot of personalities of mine, but at the same time he and I have similar stories, they are different in the end. Thanks for the tip my friend, who knows I'll do this in the future.

Now, I'll focus on leaving you with the gameplay a little different from Kung Fu Man. Fighting in his style does not mean that the commands need to be totally the same. The animations are different so I'll adjust the commands to let it a char with more combos.
#9  July 23, 2018, 10:06:50 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA

I changed all his voices, I did it with the help of the AVPBOY that found a good group of voices that fit the character well and put in the animations. Take a look, you'll realize this when playing with it.

PS: Akito is and it's not me. It's a character I created in an RPG game, where I put a lot of personalities of mine, but at the same time he and I have similar stories, they are different in the end. Thanks for the tip my friend, who knows I'll do this in the future.

Now, I'll focus on leaving you with the gameplay a little different from Kung Fu Man. Fighting in his style does not mean that the commands need to be totally the same. The animations are different so I'll adjust the commands to let it a char with more combos.
nice man cool I see that make sense well keep up the good job :D

#10  July 23, 2018, 12:26:24 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I feel like it's way too soon to call this final as I see a lot of issues you need to address. Here's my feedback on why:

-The normal intro has palette issues with shoes, gloves, and belt that's not the 1st palette.
-Hitboxes are ripped straight from DivineWolf's KFM and some moves remained unchanged.
-Red hitboxes on light and medium kicks are too big.
-The animations on the Kung Fu Blow and Kung Fu Knee feels jerky.
-EX fireball projectile doesn't consume power.

I know the moveset is supposed to be based on KFM, but he feels more like an edit of DivineWolf's KFM than his own character. I hope you continue to improve the character.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#11  July 23, 2018, 12:56:10 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I feel like it's way too soon to call this final as I see a lot of issues you need to address. Here's my feedback on why:

-The normal intro has palette issues with shoes, gloves, and belt that's not the 1st palette.
-Hitboxes are ripped straight from DivineWolf's KFM and some moves remained unchanged.
-Red hitboxes on light and medium kicks are too big.
-The animations on the Kung Fu Blow and Kung Fu Knee feels jerky.
-EX fireball projectile doesn't consume power.

I know the moveset is supposed to be based on KFM, but he feels more like an edit of DivineWolf's KFM than his own character. I hope you continue to improve the character.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm now working on the moves commands, to make it more different and versatile. After that I'll pay attention to what you said, because I need to fix those details.

At first I thought about leaving the same gameplay, but, Akito and Kung Fu Man are different people. So much as Akito fights in the style of Kung Fu Man, the execution for the techniques may be different, and that's what I'm working on right now.

Anyway, I'll talk in more detail about each of your points:

- I'll check;.
- Yes, I still need to learn a little more about it, I'll try to fix that too.
- I did this intentionally because those moves were not making hits when P1 is very close to P2 (maybe it's a hitbox problem, I still do not know)
- The animations are correct, in Kung Fu Blow, Akito uses a dispersion of aura to reach the enemy. It's as if he creates an unbreakable barrier for a few seconds when he hits his feet on the floor. The Kung Fu Knee jumps with a kick and then, in the air, he can hit another hit with another kick.
- I'll check;.

PS: Me and AVPBOY are still learning how to program characters, so anyone who can help us with anything will thank us so much!
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:35:35 pm by Akito
#12  July 24, 2018, 12:12:26 pm
oh, it's really alot of time i don't see ArielAlexCo's chars. @Akito, you're really lucky to choose this guys. In the past, i helped ArielAlexCo with some issues on his chars (and also, with his compressed files troubles). I can tell you he never wanted to be opensource. But as he simply retired without giving out his thought officially, his stuff is to be considered as Abandonware. Thus, for you to freely use.

About the char: nicely done. hope to see a big leap in quality and creativity, the char deserves it ;)
#13  July 24, 2018, 12:26:42 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
I knew Ariel, and it's only for this reason that I decided to use these sprites, he's been a long time out of Mugen, but I still leave credits to him for the great work. Now, at this very moment I'm setting the collision boxes. I made an update in the gameplay, fixed some bugs, improved some animations and soon I will be releasing an update, thanks for the feedback!
#14  July 24, 2018, 05:40:37 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I really enjoyed him. I've always thought kfm's gameplay was underrated. I like the twist you put on it. He's a close quarter fighter with an option to apply pressure from a distance with his projectile. Btw, his gloves change colors when using that move. Surprised no one noticed.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#15  July 24, 2018, 10:35:26 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
I really enjoyed him. I've always thought kfm's gameplay was underrated. I like the twist you put on it. He's a close quarter fighter with an option to apply pressure from a distance with his projectile. Btw, his gloves change colors when using that move. Surprised no one noticed.
:P kung fu man not underrated its just he great open sources to understand the character coding of him. well that how feel about it. hehehe.  many creator say dont learn from kung fu man code sources learn it from other code sours. but I feel that kung fu man need a well respective just for being a simple code haha... to me he never under rated xD just saying. also I do agree that Akito is nice character, but I feel that this mugen character need more improvement. after I fully tested the full version. I feel that to me and my taste of the character is not really fully complete. they are way to many thing need to be improve. but even tho is Akito first mugen character. I have a lots respect for him for using some the Divinewolf code sources, but soon he will learn and build experiences making the character more decent and playable, right now the character has few stiff gameplay movement that I dont agree with and the AI not really that good. but I know this mugen character going to have tons of love and attention its need a lot improvement over time. the character is nice but to me its not really fully complete in my opinion anyway

#16  July 24, 2018, 11:02:09 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
:P kung fu man not underrated its just he great open sources to understand the character coding of him. well that how feel about it. hehehe.  many creator say dont learn from kung fu man code sources learn it from other code sours. but I feel that kung fu man need a well respective just for being a simple code haha... to me he never under rated xD just saying. also I do agree that Akito is nice character, but I feel that this mugen character need more improvement. after I fully tested the full version. I feel that to me and my taste of the character is not really fully complete. they are way to many thing need to be improve. but even tho is Akito first mugen character. I have a lots respect for him for using some the Divinewolf code sources, but soon he will learn and build experiences making the character more decent and playable, right now the character has few stiff gameplay movement that I dont agree with and the AI not really that good. but I know this mugen character going to have tons of love and attention its need a lot improvement over time. the character is nice but to me its not really fully complete in my opinion anyway

So responding to the two posts, the idea is to pay homage to Kung Fu Man, and after reviewing some things (yesterday), I changed the commands for a better execution of the techniques. Although Akito fights in the style of Kung Fu Man, he is a different person, so the idea is that he has "improved" the way to perform the moves.

The only thing he's different about is the projectile, where I hooked him up to balance the gameplay (with the help of the Falcon Reapper), because Akito is based on just pushing close to the opponent. So Akito needed a projectile to fit in what he needed to attack from a distance.

The AVPBOY is now helping me out in some detail, but the gameplay has had changes and we're going to release an update probably still tonight. Stay tuned. The execution of the movements is much better, the gameplay has improved a lot in my opinion, since now he gives two hits in Kung Fu Upper (he was only giving one before). And soon will be released a version of Akito using their REAL fighting style. It will not be made by me or the AVPBOY. I'm not going to tell you yet who the charmaker is doing, but no doubt everyone will like the result!
Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:06:24 pm by Akito
#17  July 24, 2018, 11:36:49 pm
Sounds good. Also, for the record underrated doesn't mean he's actually a low ranked character. It means he doesn't get the recognition he deserves at times and that most people don't bother using him beyond testing or as base code for a full character. I wouldn't say hes incomplete, either. He has just enough moves to be a solid character. With that said...

-A couple moves seem to server the same purpose.
-He could benefit from more of his normal being able to cancel into specials/supers.
-At least one more super. Possibly a super version of his projectile.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:21:14 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
#18  July 25, 2018, 04:18:53 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Sounds good. Also, for the record underrated doesn't mean he's actually a low ranked character. It means he doesn't get the recognition he deserves at times and that most people don't bother using him beyond testing or as base code for a full character. I wouldn't say hes incomplete, either. He has just enough moves to be a solid character. With that said...

-A couple seem to server the same purpose.
-He could benefit from more of his normal being able to cancel into specials/supers.
-At least one more super. Possibly a super version of his projectile.
ah that make a lot sense and I have to agree with you on that one  and I do understand where your coming from thank for letting me know :) but you have very good point

#19  July 25, 2018, 10:09:00 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
That's my opinion too, that's why I used Kung Fu Man as Akito's base. It's a challenge. I'm trying because I want to make a character simple yet solid in every way.

In my personal Mugen project "Capcom vs. Snk: Mugen", Ryu represents the Capcom side, Kyo, the SNK side, and Akito, obviously the "Mugen" side. So if Akito represents the Mugen side, the most consistent idea in my opinion is that it has the adapted gameplay of Kung Fu Man. The image below explains exactly what Akito is and what I want everyone to understand:

Akito's char is opensource just for people to have this idea, that Akito is the "Mugen" side, because it was made with the Kung Fu Man as a POTS-style template in a Capcom vs. SNK game. This gives people the freedom to edit whatever they want for it, which is why I made Akito that way. Same as Kung Fu Man.

And these are images of the Screenpack I'm editing (thanks OldGamer)!

PS: I'm going to release it soon, and the girl who's with Akito is Julia, his girlfriend. I used Fiona to do her char, where I just changed some details on the clothes, because she will be the representative of Kung Fu Girl. However, I must first ask Li-kun if I can use these sprites to edit Julia, because if I can not, I'll have to leave her as a private character, unfortunately.
#20  July 25, 2018, 01:34:28 pm
It seems that no matter how many Capcom vs SNK screenpacks I've seen, I'm still looking forward to this one. It looks cool. Simple, not too flashy. You chose a great and bass because OG makes the best some of the best screen packs around. Will it have its own life bars also?

Also you forgot to change your icon back to character in the release post. I'm looking forward to Julia as well.

[/quote said:
Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 01:46:32 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli